PDA

View Full Version : good magic items for a warlock?

Soranar
2010-07-08, 10:39 PM
title says it all, I'm trying to plan ahead a warlock build, should be playable at all levels

so far I'm not finding much things to buy for the warlock that wouldn't be covered by Vow of poverty (many of the vows' bonus feats and abilities can't be duplicated by items as far as I know) so I figured I'd ask those of you who use UMD often what I could gain by it

(we have a cleric so healing is not my responsibility, so no need for wands)

and obviously magic items that would buff a warlock in general

Dusk Eclipse
2010-07-08, 10:43 PM
Gloves of Eldritch Admixture MIC, charges per day to increase your EB dice and change the damage type (useful if you fight something with an energy vulnerability)

Chausebal of Fell power (Greater) another increase in EB dice

Don't understimate the power of utility wands for example mage armor to increase AC, knock for making the rogue cry, alter self (even at CL 3 they are fun, 30 min of more NA, weird movement modes)

Maybe a flying item to relieve yourself from spending an invocation in fell flight

Prodan
2010-07-08, 10:43 PM
Wands of Grease are always useful.

DragoonWraith
2010-07-08, 10:46 PM
Rod of Magical Precision saves you two feats, since Precise Shot is probably something you want.

mabriss lethe
2010-07-08, 10:50 PM
Bracers of Blast Barrier and Bracers of Entangling Blast are both neat. I'm a big fan of the latter, yes it cuts your EB damage in half for the attack, but auto entangles any creature damaged for 1d3 rounds.