PDA

View Full Version : Game recruitment.

Shinizak
2010-07-09, 12:46 AM
not sure if this is the right board, but what is a good site to recruit players, I live in San Diego right now and it's tough to find anyone to game with us.

noiadodh
2010-07-09, 12:57 AM
if you mean PbP games, here is the section: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51

Grumman
2010-07-09, 12:58 AM
not sure if this is the right board, but what is a good site to recruit players, I live in San Diego right now and it's tough to find anyone to game with us.
I've got a couple of suggestions:

If there are any hobby stores in your area, see if they've got a bulletin board for use by customers. There might be a gaming club nearby, or you can just print up a flier saying you're looking for more people for your game.

The other is to check if any universities in your area have gaming clubs. Just a google search for "<University name>" "role-playing game" might suffice.

IonDragon
2010-07-09, 01:04 AM
Don't forget, you're looking for people to hang out with. Talk to people. People in the gaming store are a great place to start. I know too many people who would spend hours doing research to a question that could be solved by a simple phone call and a question (I've done this).

Shinizak
2010-07-09, 01:05 AM
I've got a couple of suggestions:

If there are any hobby stores in your area, see if they've got a bulletin board for use by customers. There might be a gaming club nearby, or you can just print up a flier saying you're looking for more people for your game.

The other is to check if any universities in your area have gaming clubs. Just a google search for "<University name>" "role-playing game" might suffice.

tried both those, nothing really came up.

Shinizak
2010-07-09, 01:08 AM
I know at one point there was a really awesome site dedicated to finding players with it's own google map thing.

Bagelz
2010-07-09, 11:59 AM
look for groups on meetup.com, yahoogroups, googlegroups in your area
or try a search on penandpapergames.com

and I'll repeat, your local gaming store.

arrowhen
2010-07-09, 12:08 PM
The site with Google map integration was/is nearbygamers.com.

I didn't have any luck with them, but someone living in the civilized world might. ;)