PDA

View Full Version : Drow Matrons in FR (3.5 ed)

shiningheart
2010-07-09, 01:03 AM
Hi all!
So legend (and the FR novels) tells us that the Drow high priestesses all carry snake-headed whips as a sign of the favor of Lolth. These whips are awarded to the devout upon becoming a high priestess. They have two to five heads, each an individual, writhing snake. Their attacks cause small electric shocks.
The snakes are known to respond to the owner's mood. Should the owner of the whip lose Lolth's favor, the snakes turn on her.

Has this weapon been described in any of the FR or D&D rule-books? If not, any suggestions on a home-brew version?

Thanks a lot!
B.

Eldariel
2010-07-09, 01:20 AM
Some FR-books cover it (Underdark?), Drow of the Underdark definitely has something and Magic Item Compendium has Rod of Recluse which while not the same, is a Cleric of Lolth that inflicts poison. I...can't locate the exact whip right now but I'm sure it's there somewhere.

The Cat Goddess
2010-07-09, 01:26 AM
In 2nd edition, the weapon was the Tenticle Whip... which is now an Illithid weapon for some reason.

Grumman
2010-07-09, 01:31 AM
If you can't find anything, you could slightly modify the Tentacle Whip from the Magic Item Compendium to suit your purposes. Have it cause piercing instead of bludgeoning damage, and cast Poison instead of Slow on three successful hits.

hamishspence
2010-07-09, 04:13 AM
It was in the web enhancement to City of the Spider Queen- and republished in Serpent Kingdoms- since yuan-ti use the same weapon.

I think the Serpent Kingdoms one might have a slightly better BAB (used because the heads can be commanded to attack by themselves.)

In the novels- tentacle whips are described slightly differently to these- they are two separate weapons.