Speed 5 ft. (1 square)
Initiative: -2
Armor Class 20 (+1 size, -2 Dex, +11 natural), touch 9, flat-footed 20
Base Attack/Grapple +3/—
Attack —
Full-Attack —
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Special Attacks Heat
Special Qualities Darkvision 60 ft., elemental traits, immunity to fire, vulnerability to cold
Saves Fort +10 Ref -1 Will +1
Abilities Str 1, Dex 6, Con 22, Int Ø, Wis 10, Cha 8
Skills —
Feats Improved ToughnessB, ToughnessB
Environment Volcano (warm mountains)
Organization Solitary, pair, or group (3-5)
Challenge Rating 4
Treasure None
Alignment Usually neutral
Advancement 5-7 HD (Small); 8-10 HD (Medium); 11-13 HD (Large)
Level Adjustment —

Volrocks are volcano-shaped creatures housing eruptulips. Their beady eyes only open when threatened, making them appear as model volcanoes. They are able to slide very slowly. A typical volrock is about 3 feet tall, 4 feet wide, and weighs 150 pounds.

Combat

The volrock literally does nothing except house the eruptulip and move very small distances when necessary. Its main purpose is to provide protection for the much weaker flower while the tulip itself protects the volrock with its eruptions. A small-sized volrock can house one eruptulip. A medium-sized volrock can house two eruptulips. The number of eruptulips the volrock is able to house continues to double for every size increase.

Heat (Ex)
Merely touching or being touched by a volrock automatically deals 2d6 fire damage.

Rockano
Medium Elemental (Earth, Fire)
Hit Dice 8d8+64 (100 hp)
Speed 10 ft. (2 squares)
Initiative: -1
Armor Class 24 (-1 Dex, +15 natural), touch 9, flat-footed 24
Base Attack/Grapple +6/—
Attack —
Full-Attack —
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Special Attacks Heat, spell-like abilities, psi-like abilities
Special Qualities Darkvision 60 ft., elemental traits, immunity to fire, vulnerability to cold
Saves Fort +14 Ref +1 Will +2
Abilities Str 1, Dex 8, Con 27, Int Ø, Wis 11, Cha 9
Skills —
Feats Improved ToughnessB, ToughnessB
Challenge Rating 7
Treasure None
Advancement 9-10 HD (Medium); 11-13 HD (Large); 14-17 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment —

Rockanoes are volcano-shaped creatures housing eruptulips. Their beady eyes only open when threatened, making them appear as model volcanoes. They are able to slide very slowly. A typical rockano is about 5 feet tall, 6 feet wide, and weighs 250 pounds.

Combat

Essentially, a rockano is a stronger volrock. Just like the volrock, it protects eruptulips while at the same time being protected by the flower. However, it does have a trick up its metaphorical sleeve--spell-like abilities and psi-like abilities. A medium-sized rockano can house two eruptulips. A large-sized rockano can house four eruptulips. The number of eruptulips the rockano is able to house continues to double for every size increase.

Spell-Like Abilities
3/day—heat metal (DC 12); 1/day—wall of stone. Caster level 8th. The save DCs are Wisdom-based.

Psi-Like Abilities
1/day—energy retort (fire only; DC 13). Manifester level 8th. The save DCs are Wisdom-based.

Heat (Ex)
Merely touching or being touched by a rockano automatically deals 2d6 fire damage.

Eruptulip
Small Plant (Fire)
Hit Dice 4d8+16 (34 hp)
Speed 0 ft.
Initiative: -5
Armor Class 10 (-5 Dex, +5 natural), touch 5, flat-footed 10
Base Attack/Grapple +3/—
Attack Eruption +6 ranged touch (4d8+5 fire damage)
Full-Attack Eruption +6 ranged touch (4d8+5 fire damage)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Special Attacks Heat, burning roots, eruption
Special Qualities Low-light vision, plant traits, fire healing, vulnerability to cold
Saves Fort +8 Ref — Will +1
Abilities Str Ø, Dex Ø, Con 18, Int Ø, Wis 11, Cha 9
Skills —
Feats Point Blank ShotB, Weapon Focus (eruption)B
Challenge Rating 4
Treasure None
Advancement 5-7 HD (Small); 8-10 HD (Medium); 10-13 HD (Large)
Level Adjustment —

Eruptulips are big black tulips with lines of pulsing red like blood through veins along the petals. These lines grow out into stems connecting to volrocks. Their centers hold deep, dark pores filled with magma. An eruptulip is about 3 feet tall and weighs just under 40 pounds.

Combat

Eruptulips hang out in volrocks and rockanoes, using them as living armor and movement tools while protecting the miniature volcanoes at the same time, making for a balanced trade.

Heat (Ex)
Merely touching or being touched by an eruptulip automatically deals 2d6 fire damage.

Burning Roots (Ex)
These burning roots allow the eruptulip to stick to the inside of a volrock or rockano, as well. When the housing volrock or rockano is defeated, they crumble, revealing the eruptulip. The roots then quickly dig into the ground, causing every creature touching the ground within 5 feet of an eruptulip to take 1d6+1 fire damage per round.

Eruption (Ex)
An eruptulip can blow like a volcano, shooting concentrated lava at one target, dealing 4d8+4 fire damage with a range of 30 feet, or releasing a huge amount of lava in a 10-foot burst, dealing 3d8+2 fire damage.

Fire Healing (Ex)
Because of an eruptulip's volcanic affinity, any fire attack directed at it cures 1 point of damage for each 3 points it would otherwise deal. The eruptulip gets no saving throw against fire effects.

arguskos
2010-07-09, 01:40 AM
Dammit dude, I was really hoping this would be a PC-friendly Magma Elemental. :smallannoyed::smalltongue:

Also, huh. Looks pretty alright overall. Not really my favorite, but interesting at least. I need to brew more.

Temotei
2010-07-09, 01:41 AM
Dammit dude, I was really hoping this would be a PC-friendly Magma Elemental. :smallannoyed::smalltongue:

That's your job. :smallamused:

zenanarchist
2010-07-09, 01:55 AM
Definitely interesting.

I like.

"Slides very slowly"

RUN!!!!

Seriously Bob? Run? Or else what? He takes ten minutes to get here and we FORGET to walk away? lol.

Temotei
2010-07-09, 02:02 AM
Definitely interesting.

I like.

"Slides very slowly"

RUN!!!!

Seriously Bob? Run? Or else what? He takes ten minutes to get here and we FORGET to walk away? lol.

Or the unique colossal eruptulip in the unique colossal rockano slides slowly toward you, erupting, dealing 20d8+21 fire damage to a single target or 15d8+10 fire damage to every target within 10 feet. Muahahaha! :smallamused:

Chocolate chip to the person who figures out the formula for damage. Not quite a cookie, but hey.

Mulletmanalive
2010-07-09, 05:27 AM
Creatures with a "-" or "0" value for Strength or Dexterity cannot move. These need at least a "1" in those values.

This goes for the Eruptulip also, unless they're merely being pointed in directions by the Volrocks, in which case the attack roll is based on the abilities and BAB of the bearer.

You also need to state how often the Eruptulip can erupt: it doesn't strike me as something that can be done more than once every 1d4 or even 5 rounds.

"How many Eruptilips are contained in each of these creatures?" is the next question i'm forced to ask; it sounds like there's on in a Volrock and several in a Rockano...

Edit: Also, the damage formula appears to be 1d8+1 per HD to a maximum of 20d8+20, with 3/4 of that being applied to the area effect. The other possibility was +4d8+4 on targeted effects and +3d8+3 on the area effect per size above Small...

Temotei
2010-07-09, 05:37 AM
Creatures with a "-" or "0" value for Strength or Dexterity cannot move. These need at least a "1" in those values.

The shadow and allip both have Ø as their Strength scores, but that's kind of supernatural movement, so...yeah. I'll give them scores.

This goes for the Eruptulip also, unless they're merely being pointed in directions by the Volrocks, in which case the attack roll is based on the abilities and BAB of the bearer.

The eruptulip attacks while the volrock/rockano moves and protects. It does not however, aim. That's the eruptulip's job.

You also need to state how often the Eruptulip can erupt: it doesn't strike me as something that can be done more than once every 1d4 or even 5 rounds.

I thought about that, but I wasn't sure, since that's their only offensive capability aside from passive fire damage from heat and burning roots.

"How many Eruptilips are contained in each of these creatures?" is the next question i'm forced to ask; it sounds like there's on in a Volrock and several in a Rockano...

That's a good question, though I think the size can tip you off on that. I'll make it more concrete.

Edit: Also, the damage formula appears to be 1d8+1 per HD to a maximum of 20d8+20, with 3/4 of that being applied to the area effect. The other possibility was +4d8+4 on targeted effects and +3d8+3 on the area effect per size above Small...

Nice. I used the former. Chocolate chip. :smallamused:

Morph Bark
2010-07-09, 05:48 AM
The shadow and allip both have Ø as their Strength scores, but that's kind of supernatural movement, so...yeah. I'll give them scores.

They're also incorporeal.

I like the Eruptulip's name. Clever.

Temotei
2010-07-09, 10:58 PM
They're also incorporeal.

Hence my reflection that it's supernatural. Volrocks and rockanoes now have 1 Strength each.

I like the Eruptulip's name. Clever.

Thanks. :smallamused: