PDA

View Full Version : Life is Empty... [3.5 Prestige Class]

Temotei
2010-07-09, 03:25 AM
Hollow Edge

Life is empty. Life is worthless. When we take a life, we aren't taking anything of value.
- Durzo Blint

Warriors, always being thrown into a killing role, become hardened. Some of those warriors lose their heart; others lose their minds. Hollow edges lose everything. They are the epitome of emptiness--the void--in living form.

Hit Die: d10.

Requirements
To qualify to become a hollow edge, a character must fulfill all of the following criteria.
Base Attack Bonus: +5.
Skills: Escape Artist 4 ranks, Hide 4 ranks, Knowledge (the planes) 3 ranks.
Special: The character must have lost something very dear to them, wounding their whole being.

Class Skills: The hollow edge's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Escape Artist (Dex), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (the planes) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Sense Motive (Wis), and Spot (Wis).

Skill Points at Each Level: 4 + Int modifier

HOLLOW EDGE

Level
Base Attack Bonus
Fort Save
Ref Save
Will Save
Special

1st
+1
+2
+0
+2
Hollow, empty edge, sense dampener

2nd
+2
+3
+0
+3
Scry void, instant sheathe

3rd
+3
+3
+1
+3
Defy gravity, planar strike

4th
+4
+4
+1
+4
Void crossing, empty eye

5th
+5
+4
+1
+4
Deeper scry void, void shield

6th
+6
+5
+2
+5
Instant draw

7th
+7
+5
+2
+5
Void cover

8th
+8
+6
+2
+6
Infinite scry void

9th
+9
+6
+3
+6
Freedom of movement

10th
+10
+7
+3
+7
Great void

Class Features
All of the following are class features of the hollow edge.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Hollow edges gain no additional weapon or armor proficiencies.

Hollow: Hollow edges are truly voids, devoid of any moral restrictions or codes. The hollow edge no longer has an alignment to speak of. It is not as simple as being of true neutral alignment, but of having none to speak of. This removes any alignment subtypes the hollow edge has and allows the hollow edge to always be treated as a favorable alignment when faced with abilities and effects that happen to affect only one alignment axis or another. For example, holy word has no effect on the hollow edge at all.

There are drawbacks to being hollow, however. A hollow edge suffers a -1 penalty per class level to Bluff, Diplomacy, Disguise, Handle Animal, Perform, Ride, and Sense Motive, representing their fall into true emptiness.

Empty Edge (Su): A hollow edge can manifest the void in their weapon (or even themselves, if they wish) to strike with pure emptiness. This can have varied effects. The hollow edge may choose one effect at 1st level, and an additional effect at 6th level, applying each on a successful attack. One effect may not be selected more than once.

Move Int modifier targets 5 feet in any direction. Hitting one target allows the movement of Int modifier targets, as long as they are within 60 feet of the original target.
Deal damage to spell resistance, lowering it by Int modifier. Spell resistance "heals" 1 point per hour after being damaged in this way.
Deal 1 Intelligence damage.
Deal 1 Wisdom damage.
Deal 1 Charisma damage.
Deal "spell slot" damage, taking away one spell slot from the target. The level of the spell must be equal to or lower than your Int modifier-1 (minimum 0).
Ignore 5 x Int modifier points of damage reduction.
Cause fatigue. This effect may not be used multiple times to make the target exhausted.

Sense Dampener (Su): At 1st level, all creatures within 100 feet of the hollow edge lose their sense of taste.

At 3rd level, this effect covers smell in addition to taste.

Scry Void (Su): At 2nd level, whenever a hollow edge is the target of a scrying spell or effect, the caster must make a Will save of DC 10 + class levels + Int modifier or lose the scrying effect and take 1d3 Charisma damage. Even on a successful saving throw, the scrying effect lasts only half as long as it normally would.

Instant Sheathe (Ex): The hollow edge may sheathe any weapon as a free action.

Defy Gravity (Ex): At 3rd level, gravity no longer affects the hollow edge. They become an empty pocket in an otherwise all-encompassing force. The hollow edge becomes immune to gravity-based effects and may levitate, as the spell, at will.

Planar Strike (Su): The concept of separate planes is alien to the hollow edge. Regardless of where they are, the void follows. The hollow edge may ignore extraplanar barriers, such as those created by the etherealness or blink spells.

Void Crossing (Ps): At 4th level, the hollow edge is able to move through nothingness instantly with a bit of focus. The hollow edge may use dimension slide at will as a move action with a manifester level equal to their Hit Dice. In addition, they may pass through solid objects that are no more than 5 feet thick. However, if the hollow edge ends their movement in the same square as an object otherwise impassable, they take 1d6 damage and are pushed into a randomly determined adjacent square (Roll a d8.).

Empty Eye (Su): Hollow edges are known to be hollow from the inside out. A lesser known tidbit is that their eyes reflect this with a supernatural glow. The hollow edge gains a gaze attack usable 1 + Int modifier rounds per day that causes any creature subject to the gaze to be shaken and confused while under the gaze and for 3 rounds after. A successful DC 10 + class levels + Int modifier Will save negates both conditions. A creature that has successfully saved against being shaken and confused need not make any more saves after the first.

Deeper Scry Void (Su): At 5th level, a hollow edge's scry void becomes deeper, covering everything within 20 feet of the hollow edge. In addition, the Charisma damage for failing the Will save increases to 2d3 and a successful saving throw reduces the duration of the scrying effect to 10 rounds (if it would normally be longer).

Void Shield (Su): The void is an impenetrable emptiness. Once per day, as an immediate action, a hollow edge may intercept an attack with a tiny pocket of the void, causing the attacker's melee weapon (or their hands, if they're unarmed) to disappear for 1 minute. If a ranged attack is intercepted, the ammo instead disappears. The void then deposits the weapon in the last square it was in before disappearing. The hollow edge does not take any damage from the intercepted attack.

Instant Draw (Ex): At 6th level, the hollow edge gains the ability to instantly draw their weapon and make a single attack at their highest base attack bonus as a swift action. This attack doesn't so much happen extremely fast as it does happen instantly; the hollow edge ignores the restrictions of movement, fluidity, and friction in favor of the void's punctuality. Attacking with instant draw causes an enemy to be flat-footed for 1 round.

Void Cover (Ex): At 8th level, the hollow edge becomes a void in others' sight, granting these warriors constant concealment.

Infinite Scry Void (Su): The scry void reaches its highest potential at 8th level, extending to everything within 50 feet of the hollow edge and automatically dealing 3d3 Charisma damage. All scrying effects automatically fail when directly targeting the hollow edge. This does not extend to the scry void's aura effect.

Freedom of Movement (Ex): At 9th level, the hollow edge is able to ignore earthly restrictions, being under the effects of freedom of movement, as the spell, constantly.

Great Void (Su): At 10th level, the hollow edge may summon complete nothingness, never again to be filled. Once per week, the hollow edge may conjure a void in a 100-foot sphere lasting for one day with the only limitation on range being sight. This area becomes unable to sustain life--or anything else, for that matter. Every creature in the area of effect takes 2 Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma damage and 1 negative level every round. Breathing is impossible, and light disappears. Not even darkvision is able to pierce the void's depths. The hollow edge is immune to all negative effects of being in the void. In addition, all empty edge effects are doubled. Creatures immune to the effects of great void (other than the hollow edge) are destroyed after spending 3 consecutive rounds in its area. A successful DC 10 + class levels + Int modifier Will save lowers all ability damage to 1 and negates the negative level. This Will saving throw must be made every round a creature is present in the great void. A successful DC 10 + class levels + Int modifier Fortitude save allows immune creatures to survive one additional round. This saving throw is made upon entering the great void. If the creature leaves and enters again, they must make another saving throw.

Mulletmanalive
2010-07-09, 03:44 AM
Hollow: Hollow edges are truly voids, devoid of any moral restrictions or codes. The hollow edge longer has an alignment to speak of. It is not as simple as being of true neutral alignment, but of really having none to speak of. This also removes any alignment subtypes the hollow edge has. This allows the hollow edge to always be treated as a favorable alignment when faced with abilities and effects that happen to affect only one alignment axis or another. For example, holy word has no effect on the hollow edge at all, as though they were of good alignment. Lastly, restrictions of alignment associated with things such as classes, maneuvers, magic items, or anything similar no longer have any meaning, becoming trivial and unable to stop you from advancing in a class, learning a maneuver, or using such a magic item.

Not entirely clear how NOT having an alignment allows them to pretend that they have a specific one. You've stated that they're empty, numb: so why the heck are they able to muster the spiritual creaminess to remain a paladin or use Good only martial manoeuvres?

All for the resistance but that last part makes no sense based on the given fluff and feels entirely tacked on, possibly for "game balance" but it's pretty negligible anyway.

Defy Gravity (Ex): At 3rd level, gravity no longer affects the hollow edge. They become an empty pocket in an otherwise all-encompassing force. The hollow edge becomes immune to gravity-based effects and may fly, as the spell, at will.

A negation of gravity aught to be more like the Levitate spell than Fly. If they NEED to be able to fly , give them [I]Swift Fly and flavour it as them ignoring gravity to make immense leaps; they shouldn't be able to control their motion just because gravity doesn't stick to them.

Beyond those, interesting ideas but much more powerful than i'd want in my games.

Milskidasith
2010-07-09, 03:50 AM
This class lacks any offensive capability, besides, of course, destroying everything in a 100' sphere (Well, actually, it's somewhat trivial to ignore basically all the restrictions of it; just be undead and get some way to see through it). The on hit effects are nice in theory but none of them are likely to change anything except in edge cases (Lowering their casting stat, if you have it, may make the DC be one lower which has a 5% chance of changing if you pass or not; losing a spell slot, assuming you pump charisma enough to keep it relevant, may not prevent them casting high level spells unless you hit them a lot, and that should kill them; moving 5 feet is useful for combat movement, but it's in a small area and mostly just reliable for knocking people off buildings with no save.)

Also, the saves should probably be 1/2 HD or full class levels; 1/2 a tenth level PrC just doesn't scale.

Lix Lorn
2010-07-09, 03:51 AM
If you wanted to compromise on the alignment thing, you could say they never count as any alignment. So, they can use a nongood weapon, don't count as evil against holy word, but they can't use a good weapon or count as good against said word.

Temotei
2010-07-09, 04:54 AM
Not entirely clear how NOT having an alignment allows them to pretend that they have a specific one. You've stated that they're empty, numb: so why the heck are they able to muster the spiritual creaminess to remain a paladin or use Good only martial manoeuvres?

All for the resistance but that last part makes no sense based on the given fluff and feels entirely tacked on, possibly for "game balance" but it's pretty negligible anyway.

I'll admit, I basically took that from Krimm's daeva prestige class without editing much (with permission). I'll take another look at it and edit as necessary. I deleted the last part. I agree, it does work better with the fluff.

A negation of gravity aught to be more like the Levitate spell than Fly. If they NEED to be able to fly , give them [I]Swift Fly and flavour it as them ignoring gravity to make immense leaps; they shouldn't be able to control their motion just because gravity doesn't stick to them.

Good point. I'll see about that. Levitate at will, it is.

Beyond those, interesting ideas but much more powerful than i'd want in my games.

I hate to say this, but how come?

This class lacks any offensive capability, besides, of course, destroying everything in a 100' sphere (Well, actually, it's somewhat trivial to ignore basically all the restrictions of it; just be undead and get some way to see through it). The on hit effects are nice in theory but none of them are likely to change anything except in edge cases (Lowering their casting stat, if you have it, may make the DC be one lower which has a 5% chance of changing if you pass or not; losing a spell slot, assuming you pump charisma enough to keep it relevant, may not prevent them casting high level spells unless you hit them a lot, and that should kill them; moving 5 feet is useful for combat movement, but it's in a small area and mostly just reliable for knocking people off buildings with no save.)

Hmm...you're right. Most of its offensive capabilities are limited in some way. I need sleep, currently, but I'm sure I can come up with something void-related for an offensive feature throughout the levels.

Also, the saves should probably be 1/2 HD or full class levels; 1/2 a tenth level PrC just doesn't scale.

Copy-paste error from its previous incarnation as a base class. I'll fix that. I only saw one instance. Correct me if I missed some.

EDIT: Added a little piece to the end of great void, making it work pretty well against those immune to its normal effects.

Planar strike has also been added, though it's fairly situational. It helps, though.

Ajadea
2010-07-09, 05:29 AM
Great void is simply overpowered. A year? Really?

The rest of the levels are largely defensive.

Maybe something along the lines of 1/2 Hollow Edge Level/day, open a void pocket inside someone on a successful melee attack, save-or-a few negative levels, would be good as an offensive sort of thing.

Great void could be something like 1/week, force a save-or-die in a certain area (50 ft radius?). Successful saves would likely still inflict negative levels. A little fluff and it could render a small area barren for a long time.

Just my thoughts. Seems like a warrior class needs stuff that makes it better at killing.

Temotei
2010-07-09, 05:45 AM
Great void is simply overpowered. A year? Really?

Would it be any less overpowered if I made the duration Cha modifier rounds? Not really, since most creatures would still be dead after that. The year-long duration is fluff, mostly. The biggest abuse I can see is the hollow edge using it to protect their home or something.

Great void could be something like 1/week, force a save-or-die in a certain area (50 ft radius?). Successful saves would likely still inflict negative levels. A little fluff and it could render a small area barren for a long time.

That's fairly reasonable, though an instant death effect along with negative levels on a successful save is still pretty dang powerful, and won't affect the balance too much. Perhaps I went overboard on the duration, but I need some reasoning from you if I'm to change it.

I appreciate all the comments. :smallsmile:

lesser_minion
2010-07-09, 07:09 AM
2 ability damage to which ability?

Also, the way it's worded, the Hollow Edge's immunity to the Great Void means it dies after two rounds. I doubt that was the intent.

Also, it might be worth extending the time for immune creatures to three rounds -- it will take a while for a living creature to die from it, after all.

Temotei
2010-07-09, 09:40 AM
2 ability damage to which ability?

It was meant to be all scores.

Also, the way it's worded, the Hollow Edge's immunity to the Great Void means it dies after two rounds. I doubt that was the intent.

Indeed. My bad.

Also, it might be worth extending the time for immune creatures to three rounds -- it will take a while for a living creature to die from it, after all.

Done.

Ajadea
2010-07-09, 04:45 PM
Hmmm. I see your point Temotei. My reasoning was mostly that Great Void kills a load of things, with no save. It killing only one being pulls it down to a extra-powered quivering palm-type thing.

At the very least, a partial save cuts the power of your current version of Great Void (no ability damage on successful save maybe?) enough to make it not broken.

TabletopNuke
2010-07-09, 06:05 PM
I think this is a very interesting and flavorful idea, but I find it odd that it's powers are Charisma-based. It seems like becoming more and more hollow inside would result in a cold, indifferent presence. Perhaps you should make a feature called "Flat Affect" that gives a penalty on certain Cha-based checks (Diplomacy and Gather Information come to mind) equal to 1/2 class levels or something.

I think immunity to mind-affecting effects would be very fitting for the class's flavor. If you find any parts that need replacing/reworking, that would be a good idea to put in.

Temotei
2010-07-10, 12:16 AM
Hmmm. I see your point Temotei. My reasoning was mostly that Great Void kills a load of things, with no save. It killing only one being pulls it down to a extra-powered quivering palm-type thing.

At the very least, a partial save cuts the power of your current version of Great Void (no ability damage on successful save maybe?) enough to make it not broken.

I've shortened the duration to one day, and I'm thinking of implementing a partial negation saving throw, though whether it would be Fortitude or Will is debatable.

I think this is a very interesting and flavorful idea, but I find it odd that it's powers are Charisma-based.

It started with Intelligence, then it switched to Wisdom for about three seconds, then it switched to Charisma, where it is now. "The void" isn't explicitly a one-ability-score thing, so I'm not sure.

It seems like becoming more and more hollow inside would result in a cold, indifferent presence. Perhaps you should make a feature called "Flat Affect" that gives a penalty on certain Cha-based checks (Diplomacy and Gather Information come to mind) equal to 1/2 class levels or something.

That's not a bad idea, though one could argue that being completely emotionless and expressionless could help with Diplomacy.

Handle Animal and Ride, though, would almost surely take penalties.

I'm not sure I'll include this, but it's an idea. If I do, I'm not going to consider it a balancing factor unless something bigger is in place.

I think immunity to mind-affecting effects would be very fitting for the class's flavor. If you find any parts that need replacing/reworking, that would be a good idea to put in.

It would be fitting. Hm. :smallcool:

Temotei
2010-07-11, 02:58 AM
Instant sheathe has been introduced at 2nd level.

I'm out of ideas for offensive abilities, however. If anyone has an idea as to what to add, I'm open to suggestions.

What I've got:

Improve empty edge effects as levels increase (Intelligence damage increase to 1d2 at 4th level, 1d3 at 7th, and 1d4 at 10th or something)
Ability doing something after a successful empty edge attack
Void ball -- a cheap way of introducing a ranged touch attack into the class
Put instant draw at a lower level

Temotei
2010-07-16, 05:37 PM
Changes:
Got rid of hide in plain sight in favor of void cover.
Added a penalty to certain skill checks.
Got rid of Intimidate on the class skill list.
Added bonus feats.
Changed from Cha-based to Int-based.

AugustNights
2010-07-17, 02:13 AM
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Here are some thoughts for your offensive abilities:
~ A sunder attack that makes an object blink out of existence for a short amount of time.
~ Remove Senses from targets (Sight, Hearing, Taste?)
~ Displace opponents with a strike.
~ Some attacks as Touch attacks?
~ Some sort of trade of time in existence, where two Void Disciples (the same person) exist for a limited time, and for an equal or greater time both wink out of existence.
~ Aging Attacks?
~ Dispelling Strikes.
~ A slow fading damage, that deals a small die worth of 'void damage' each round after being struck.

Danzig
2010-07-17, 02:05 PM
So, in a nutshell, this class is designed to model a warrior with post-traumatic stress internalizing his emotional emptiness and coming about to embody that same emptiness in the physical world?

I'm bookmarking this one too.

TabletopNuke
2010-07-17, 05:58 PM
There are drawbacks to being hollow, however. A hollow edge suffers a -1 penalty per class level to Bluff, Diplomacy, Disguise, Handle Animal, Intimidate, Perform, and Ride, representing their fall into true emptiness.
I definitely agree on most of these penalties, but I'm not sure about Bluff and Intimidate. Flat affect can really creep people out, and it also makes them hard to read. I suppose it would make other people more distrustful of them though, so Bluff could go either way. What about a Sense Motive penalty? As a hollow edge becomes more detached, they probably can't read people so well.

PersonMan
2010-07-17, 11:14 PM
You don't seem to mention a duration on the effects of Empty Eye.

Also, it's odd that Great Void is permanent. It would make for an interesting tactic on the part of a BBEG, covering all of the entrances and halls of their base with the Great Voids and employing only other 10th level Hollow Edges...

I have a character concept who seems to be made for this class, but unfortunately she's too low level(3), and my group would probably see at-will Empty Edge effects as overpowered(they're all low-op, except for the one who never DMs...) so I probably won't get to use it for a while. I love the flavor, though, and it seems to take a bit from the flavor of the Void Dragon Knight with all the Void-y...stuff. :smalltongue:

To all of those who don't get it, that was a quasi-inside joke/reference to an event in the PBP campaign we're both in.

Temotei
2010-07-18, 01:36 AM
You don't seem to mention a duration on the effects of Empty Eye.

Good point, though right now, I would read it (RAW) as, basically, using the gaze causes the shaken and confused conditions as long as you use it, which is limited to 1 + Int modifier rounds per day.

I might have to think of a fair duration, though, to make it clearer.

My hand is as cold as ice. It's my fault, though. I have a toy polar bear named Klondike. I put him in the passenger seat and seatbelt him, then turn the air conditioning up to maximum. Agh. It hurts. :D

Also, it's odd that Great Void is permanent. It would make for an interesting tactic on the part of a BBEG, covering all of the entrances and halls of their base with the Great Voids and employing only other 10th level Hollow Edges...

Once per week, the hollow edge may conjure a void in a 100-foot sphere lasting for one day with the only limitation on range being sight.

It's sort of hidden behind the area, I suppose.

You could always advance Kolaris along for this class. Just give him some of those skill ranks. I made it so a 5th level warrior-type--even if all those skill prerequisites are cross-class skills for them--could make it into the class at 6th level, assuming they had enough skill points to spread and they stayed with full BAB classes.

Also, seriously? Empty edge, overpowered? :smallyuk:

~ A sunder attack that makes an object blink out of existence for a short amount of time.

Ooh. I like that.

~ Remove Senses from targets (Sight, Hearing, Taste?)

It'd be interesting to suddenly lose smell when within a certain range of a hollow edge. Goodbye, scent.

~ Displace opponents with a strike.

Technically, it already has that option at will, though I think you mean to a greater range.

~ Some attacks as Touch attacks?

I'll only add this if I have to. It's overdone, in my mind.

~ Some sort of trade of time in existence, where two Void Disciples (the same person) exist for a limited time, and for an equal or greater time both wink out of existence.

That's...odd. Interesting, though. That could be a whole new prestige class, actually.

~ Aging Attacks?

The void traps them in itself for long periods of time for them, but it seems like an instant to everyone else, causing aging and Wisdom damage?

~ Dispelling Strikes.

A bit overdone, methinks, but it could be a nice addition, I suppose.

~ A slow fading damage, that deals a small die worth of 'void damage' each round after being struck.

Damage over time is kind of fun. I like some of your other ideas more, though.

Thanks for those. :smallbiggrin:

So, in a nutshell, this class is designed to model a warrior with post-traumatic stress internalizing his emotional emptiness and coming about to embody that same emptiness in the physical world?

Heck yes.

I'm bookmarking this one too.

Awesome.

I definitely agree on most of these penalties, but I'm not sure about Bluff and Intimidate. Flat affect can really creep people out, and it also makes them hard to read. I suppose it would make other people more distrustful of them though, so Bluff could go either way. What about a Sense Motive penalty? As a hollow edge becomes more detached, they probably can't read people so well.

Bluff and Intimidate, I also wasn't sure about. I'm going to take out Intimidate, actually, because I always thought those cold, unmoved characters were the scariest in games.

Bluff could go either way, as you said. I'm not sure about that.

Sense Motive would probably work well. I'll replace Intimidate with Sense Motive, then.

EDIT:
Added Sense Motive to the penalized skills
Removed Intimidate from penalized skills
Added Intimidate to class skills
Added void shield
Added sense dampener
Fixed void cover to give enemies a 20% miss chance, not the hollow edge

I'm kind of afraid of power, now. I'm going to be looking at it tomorrow if I have time. Otherwise, it'll be the next day. I'll reevaluate its power and change anything as necessary to make sure it's not a broken or nearly broken class.

PersonMan
2010-07-18, 08:56 AM
Good point, though right now, I would read it (RAW) as, basically, using the gaze causes the shaken and confused conditions as long as you use it, which is limited to 1 + Int modifier rounds per day.

I might have to think of a fair duration, though, to make it clearer.

My hand is as cold as ice. It's my fault, though. I have a toy polar bear named Klondike. I put him in the passenger seat and seatbelt him, then turn the air conditioning up to maximum. Agh. It hurts. :D

It's sort of hidden behind the area, I suppose.

You could always advance Kolaris along for this class. Just give him some of those skill ranks. I made it so a 5th level warrior-type--even if all those skill prerequisites are cross-class skills for them--could make it into the class at 6th level, assuming they had enough skill points to spread and they stayed with full BAB classes.

Also, seriously? Empty edge, overpowered? :smallyuk:

I see.

Also...what?

Ahhh, I see it now.

Ehh, the problem is she isn't really suited for this class like the other character is. She's already basically emotionless, and has a single emotional attachment in her life, so losing that would definately cause her to go...Void-y. Then she'd go around getting a huge amount of money and trying to find a Cleric to Truly Resurrect the guy.

Yep. If you can/will, go look at my Crystal Caster class. That is "overpowered" as well. They're all low-op, except for one who's very high-op...but never DMs, and if he did he has so little experience he'd just ask the others(low-op) to look at it for him...

Temotei
2010-07-18, 03:15 PM
Also...what?

Yeah. I'm devoted to Klondike. My girlfriend was freezing, too, but she didn't have to ride back with me. :smallamused:

Slight changes to wording have been made, and void shield now specifies that the hollow edge takes no damage from the intercepted attack. Void crossing now has a given manifester level for ease of use, though it should have been assumed that Hit Dice were used.