PDA

View Full Version : Team Necromancer

NecroticPunch
2010-07-09, 08:50 AM
You are located in a vast forest, although you have made it to the very fringes of the natural location. Around you, you can see vast expanses of trees, with no end visible to the naked eye. Around you, you can hear the patter, patter, patter of rain drops, as they slide down leaves, and eventually crash land on the ground.

Alright, guys. Here we go!

Fable Wright
2010-07-09, 10:54 AM
OOC: What the heck are we doing in the forest? Why are we here?

NecroticPunch
2010-07-09, 11:04 AM
OOC: You are in a forest because you just so happened as to be in a forest. Any further questions?

Fable Wright
2010-07-09, 01:38 PM
OOC: You really are no help, are you? :smallannoyed:

Kaelthrass looks angrily around at the jungle. The forest displeased him creatures here had little cognitive function. He could not control them. However, the forest was the only place to meet; everywhere else could be easily seen. Here, they would be left alone; here, they could convene in secret. Here convenes the 13th council of the Order of the Blackest Night. We have already decided taht this would be our final meeting in secret. We have decided that after this point, we would make ourselves known to the world. Now, we shall make ourselves sovereigns over the frightened humans, and those upstart minor zombies. I have amassed our forces; our wyverns and our wyrms. Tonight, we shall raid the village. Here, we will plan our assault. Our current stratagem is to send the worms in ahead of time. They will built an entry tunnel for our assault teams. We would use one of the digger squads, but they are for precision inserting, and they would take much ore time to build the huge matrix of tunnels required. Now, the worms will dig the tunnels, and the rest of our troops will position themselves around the town for an assault, just inside of the walls. This is so that the citizens will be unable to use the traps they have along the walls. This will also call the citizens to the outside edge of teh town. Following this, the worms will begin the main assault. They will spring up in the town square, and then they will devastate the buildings. The digging crewswill over the 4 cardinal directions, and when any troop becomes moderately injured (half health, in metagame terms) Then, the digger crews will reclaim them so that I can heal them. Then they will be redeployed to where the human forces are lacking. If the fight ever looks desperate for one squad of troops, on of the worms will transport them all underground. The purpose of the redeploying is so that the villagers will have to constantly move around themselves, while we wreak collateral damage by exposing their weak spots. In the aftermath of the assault, the survivors wouldn't have a home, and they would become subject to pneumonia and other conditions, and, after a while, we would offer them shelter, where they could serve as our minions. If they refuse, we make them our undead servants. Either way, they serve us, and we get excellent real estate to plan our citadel. The walls, after all, are already built, and the town is situated at a crossroads. People would be traveling along the roads later, to do trade with the town, and then we can kill them before they get reinforcements. In this manner, we can expand our kingdom a while before fear of assault. And, we would be most prepared to defend against attacks; they would invariably use the road for most of the path, and our spies along the road would give us a tip-off. That way, we could raid their town while they are gone. Which reminds me; the zombie wyverns will attack all of the people attempting to leave, so that none of the towns will learn about our conquest before too late. Any question or reassessments?

demidracolich
2010-07-09, 05:29 PM
"Finally, we have waited in the shadows long enough. Though I can afford to be patient, I am a little weary of waithing. I also do not wish to meet here again, too full of life for my liking." Myrr says, distaste visible on his skeletal features as he scans the area.

Lyndworm
2010-07-09, 07:12 PM
Kalo'ona Ala'aloka nods silently as Kaelthrass speaks. When the necromancer finishes, he says "As we all know, I am of little use if I cannot see. I'll need access to the tallest building in the town, preferably with a few guards. They don't have to be very strong... more of an alarm system than anything else, really. Do you think this is doable?"

Fable Wright
2010-07-09, 07:18 PM
Easily. Kaelthrass smiles evilly. Your guards will be a standard roving patrol; however, they will be able to see more than you, in the manner that I keep them updated in the course of the battle, from the soldier's view. And then you inform us of your aerial observations as well, so we have the full picture. Just speak to the zombies and I'll get the picture. After all, I awakened them. I'll instruct the worms to avoid the tower. However, you'll have to ward it yourself. When the villagers come to attack the worms, they will go to the tower, wondering why it wasn't attacked. You need to prepare for that eventuality.

Lyndworm
2010-07-09, 07:26 PM
"Oh, I don't think that will be much of a problem. I am capable of obscuring my presence, and of misdirecting the weakminded. It should buy me enough time to be elsewhere when the townspeople come looking." Kolo smiles widely. "Everything seems to be coming together nicely, then."

Fable Wright
2010-07-09, 07:30 PM
Too nicely. We need to have a contingency plan for if this goes downhill. That was the purpose of this meeting. What if something goes wrong? What if someone disturbs our plan? We need to plan ahead. What should we do?

Ashen Star
2010-07-09, 08:06 PM
Graulf

The rather oversized, very dead looking barbarian chuckles to himself through all of these rather large words being thrown around like so many halfling infants. Speaking in a deep, bass-infused voice, he says simply, "If they move, we kill them. Plans are for those who desire failure." He gives a raucous grin to Kaelthrass, "Those who fear the dead will join them soon enough. We should kill them now and you can plan what to do with the bodies after the fact." Obviously impatient, the giant of a man draws his sword, ready to lead the way but remaining in his place.

Fable Wright
2010-07-09, 08:13 PM
All the best laid plans have a flaw. Name one major plan that worked according to the design. None. We need to know what to do. What if powerful clerics come? What if they have teleportation magic? We need plans for this. Otherwise, we're screwed. If we try powerful hit-and-run techniques, it would work if we just fled underground into the Matrix if this goes downhill, but that wouldn't work out well. If they go in, then eventually, they may be able to discover us, or make a map. We need a contingency. How do you get out of the tower if need be? What if a Radiant Servant comes? We need back-up plans.

Fable Wright
2010-07-10, 05:54 PM
Um... bounce? Also- why does no one post?
The Matrix: For the past several months, while the Order has commanded undead purple worms and whatnot to create a giant matrix of tunnels. This matrix has several caverns in it, and each of these caverns can be collapsed from inside by hitting a support on the wall (like pulling a lever). This causes a cave-in, while the person who pulled the switch is out of the way of it, inside a second cavern. In addition, there is a communication system through the tunnel.
If no one has any ideas, then there is no option but to hasten our plans. We shall attack tonight. Any objections?

Necroticpunch- please tell us when we may launch our assault.

Ashen Star
2010-07-10, 06:22 PM
Graulf

Grinning wildly at Kaelthrass, the great barbarian turns his gaze to the others gathered. "Tonight, they will know fear and pain and death. I ready myself to lead the charge."

Fable Wright
2010-07-10, 06:29 PM
One of my personal guard will accompany you. A zombie purple worm comes out of the ground at his words, lying down at Graulf's feet. Note: this worm had maz HP/HD, +4, +4 str and dex. DON'T GET IT KILLED.

demidracolich
2010-07-10, 07:28 PM
"Well, this creature will also accompany you, its getting restless and hasn't has a battle for a while." Myrr points into the forest where a large orblike creature surronded by shadow emerges.
This is my vasuthant cohort, it won't be much use with me anyways so I'm sending it

Fable Wright
2010-07-10, 07:46 PM
Well then. Let us begin. Let there be blood. I'm waiting. Barring anyone else talking (Please do, people!) We shall begin combat. The zombie base squads shall appear out of the matrix on the town. After 5 rounds, the worms will erupt out of the town square. In the meantime, 1 standard guard and Kalo will silently take out the people at the tallest towner, starting 3 rounds after the troops arrive. The tunneling squads are in the north, south, east, and west, and go in the direction of the place where the undead are hurting the most, using the run action. When a unit is below half health, a tunnel into the Matrix will be opened for the troop to go into. Let's kill those living people! :smallbiggrin:

NecroticPunch
2010-07-10, 08:10 PM
Opening up a new thread once they discover the threat.

Fable Wright
2010-07-10, 08:39 PM
Once they discover the... WE'RE SENDING AN ARMY OF UNDEAD KNOCKING DOWN THEIR TOWN, AND THEY DON'T NOTICE? ARE THEY BLIND???:belkar:

Lyndworm
2010-07-10, 08:52 PM
"I like this plan very much. If I feel I cannot hold the tower, I will merely leap from it." Kolo shows his wicked grin again. "I have a small but useful source of my own magics. I think I'll be just fine."

I don't think that I have anything to add right now. The plan seems sound.

nolispe
2010-07-10, 10:54 PM
A white figure appears, swathed in a cloak.
"Before we set out, I would ward you."
Casting Delay Death (Divinely Persisted, Reached, and Chained) on everyone, and Divine Retaliation{Divinely Persisted) on myself)
"Fear not death, for I shall follow, and you will not be permitted to die. I shall follow, so that even if my wards are dispelled, I will stand ready to assist. If any of us go down, I shall be there to aid."
The white specter fades out again.

Fable Wright
2010-07-10, 11:24 PM
Your assistance is a boon. We move at midnight. (Which, incidentally, just a couple round away, game time. Which may take a month or more for the paladins and clerics realize that there is an undead army knocking at their door. Just assault them while they don't know about it, and fill them in during combat.)

NecroticPunch
2010-07-11, 10:12 AM
Alright. Time for you guys to fight?

Fable Wright
2010-07-11, 10:38 AM
Yes, we're ready to fight. The plan proceeds as outlined above.