PDA

View Full Version : Life at the Fiend-Blood Manor

Hat-Trick
2010-07-09, 03:40 PM
It's been about a year since Hell claimed their payment from the Herix family, taking all but Master Maldin into their infernal ranks to help fight against the Celestial armies. All throughout the past year, Master Maldin has taken up the family obsession of Devil summoning, although for a completely different reason from his ancestors and siblings.

Morning brings light into the dark Manor, reflecting off of the black sand below. If the past year is any indicator, Master Maldin is already awake and in the process of either scribing a summoning circle or the summoning itself. Sometimes the boy was more trouble than he was worth.

Douhugal
2010-07-10, 06:17 AM
Maryn spirit 0/30 favor 18

(walking towards the sleeping room of master Maldin, carrying a tray of tuna sandwiches)
I wonder if master has once again started his hobby before eating something proper. I hope he likes these sandwiches, they smell great. (looks at one of the sandwiches) Maybe master wont miss one nyah

((will save for preventing eating one of the sandwiches: (1d6*3)[12]))

The Dark Fiddler
2010-07-10, 10:22 AM
Akane, Stress 0/30, 14 favor

Akane, in her stunning but not very girly golden uniform, enters the room that the Master is most likely in. If past experiences are any indicator, he may need help should the summoning go wrong.

Hat-Trick
2010-07-10, 10:53 PM
Maryn succeeds in resisting the allure of the tuna sandwiches and both maids arrive at Master Maldin's room about the same time. As expected, there is chanting coming from inside the room and the light from under the door is tainted red. He's begun the summoning.

Sorry for the delay, but today was a bit hectic. Lot of work and a RL game was happening. Anyway, yeah.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-07-11, 10:17 AM
Akane Favor 14, Stress 0/30

Akane looks at Maryn at the tray of sandwiches she's carrying. "Oh, Maryn-chan, you made sandwiches for Master Maldin?"

Douhugal
2010-07-11, 11:59 AM

"Good morning Akana-chan. yes these are for master. Don't they smell nice?" (Maryn notices the red light from under the door) "oh we better look how master is doing!" (maryn opens the door)

((I expect the door being unlocked))

Hat-Trick
2010-07-11, 12:19 PM
The door is unlocked, as the only time it ever was, the whole family was there and two of his older siblings were having a spat, a less than bystander-friendly activity. The door opens to show Master Maldin, still in his pajamas, kneeling in front of a glowing summoning circle. By the intensity, it seemed he was just about to pull a devil through.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-07-11, 08:29 PM
Akane Favor 11, Stress 0/30

Akane pops her head into the room just below Maryn's and see Maldin. "I think we should be careful to be quiet. We don't want to interrupt Master Maldin's summoning!"

((Spending [roll0] Favor to make a Random Event occur, dropping Akane to 11))

Hat-Trick
2010-07-11, 09:19 PM
Maldin begins pulling the devil through when four entities come flying through the windows, sending glass everywhere. A curse is heard from Maldin, but he doesn't move from his summoning circle, to do so now would be to lose the devil. The intruders stand to show two in full plate, one in robes, and another in leather armor.

"Damned adventurers," Maldin says, glancing over his shoulder.

"We are here to slay the vile Lord Herix," One of the armored ones call.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-07-11, 10:41 PM

"M-master!" Akane is startled by the sudden intrusion, but at the mention of slaying Master Maldin, she jumps into action. She grabs her trusty frying pan and brandishes it as a weapon, running into the room to stand by her master. "Nobody is going to harm Master Maldin while I'm here!" The resolve Akane has in protecting her master is obvious, and even though she's not used to fighting she's ready to fight to the death.

Douhugal
2010-07-12, 07:48 AM

(Seeing the two adventurers Maryn acts immediately, by throwing the sandwiches towards the enemy and summoning her pet hektor) "Leave master alone, He is busy right now and hasn't even eaten yet!" (Maryn realises to late that she threw the food for master) "Oh no the food! That's also your fault!"

((throwing a plate with sandwiches is also an attack. ath: [roll0] and must I also throw a dice for the summoning? Which dice would that be?))

Hat-Trick
2010-07-12, 09:04 AM
((No dice for summoning, he still uses your stats to attack, but you can easily use something other than athletics if you wish.

[roll0]))

The robed adventurer takes a tray of sandwiches in the face and promptly falls on his butt as the ground produces Hektor. The three others split up with one armored man helping with wizard with Hektor and the other two dealing with Akane.

The armored man attacking Hektor Takes a swing with his sword, trying to bash the elemental aside, and the leather clad man rushes Akane with a pair of daggers.

Hat-Trick
2010-07-12, 09:11 AM
[roll0] *2 =6 Sword
[roll1] *2 =2 Daggers

The Dark Fiddler
2010-07-12, 10:05 AM

Akane grips her frying pan tight in her hands, tight enough that her knuckles are turning white. "You... you stay away from Master!" Akane charges the leather clad man with her frying pan, knocking dagger out of his hands before jumping and kicking him right in the face.

(([roll0] * 4 = 20 Oppose Dagger Attack
[roll1] *4 = 16 Boot to da Head

Both times 4 for Athletics)))

Douhugal
2010-07-12, 10:47 AM
Hektor
(Hektor uses his less vulnerable parts to block the attack. and launches his own by trying to bite/grab into/onto thearm of the warrior.

((cunning for the block: [roll0] and athletics for attack [roll1]))

(While Hektor is busy with the warrior, Maryn is trying to convince the magican that it is better to do nothing and wait till all is over) (Maryn moves a lot closer to the magician) "Well you just sit there, this will be over in a sec, (sniff sniff) hmmm here have a tuna sandwich"
(well that's worth an affection roll [roll2])

Hat-Trick
2010-07-12, 10:58 AM
Both attackers are easily knocked out and the armored one is sent back through the window with the leather clad one smacking the wall. The other armored one takes a swing with his mace for Akane.

Meanwhile, the robed man tries to resist the allure of a good tuna sandwich.

[roll0] *2 Athletics=8
[roll1] *2 Will=6

The robed man decides adventuring on an empty stomach is hard work and takes the offered sandwich. He doesn't seem to think resisting will get him anywhere at the moment.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-07-12, 12:27 PM
Akane Favor 11, Spirit 0/30

Akane reacts quickly to the armored man and his mace swing, trying to knock the mace to the side. "Your first mistake was trying to mess with the Master..." Akane slams the armored man in the face with her frying pan and brings her leg around his back, dropping him to the floor. "Your second was not giving up when you angered me."

(([roll0] * 4 = 4 Block!
[roll1] * 4 = 12 Slam! Trip!
Both multiplied by 4 again for Athletics))

Hat-Trick
2010-07-12, 12:35 PM
You take 2 stress from a failed block
[roll0] *2 Athletics

The assailant is hit full on by the frying pan, even after landing a successful hit, and pinned down. He struggles to get free but finds it impossible.

Maldin succeeds in pulling the demon through and inside the circle stands a slender red skinned demon with large wings, small horns, and claws upon his hands and feet. "Who calls me? Why am I called?" The demon asks, looking about the room.

"I have called you," Maldin answers. "I wish to ask you questions."

"Vile abomination!" The pinned adventurer yells. "Your wickedness will be destroyed! By the church of the High Ones, your existence will not be tolerated."

"Akane, gag him," Maldin asks.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-07-12, 02:11 PM
Akane Favor 11, Stress 2/30

Akane nods at Master Maldin's request of her to gag the adventurer and procures a suitable cloth from a pocket, stuffing it in his mouth and pinning him so he can't fight back. "Be quiet, you."

(([roll0] * 4 = 12 Shut up!
Multiplied by 4 for Athletics))

Hat-Trick
2010-07-12, 02:25 PM
"What are you're questions?" the demon asks.

"Do you know the fate of the Herix family?" Maldin asks, ignoring the, now gagged, adventurer.

"They have been taken to fight in the Devil army against the celestials," the demon replies.

"Do you know anything more specific?" Maldin adds.

"They have been remade as high level devils."

"How do I summon them?"

"They are not yet able to be summoned by one of your skill," the demon says with a sneer. Maldin is quiet for a time before nodding slowly and bowing to the demon.

"I thank you for answering my questions," he finally lets out. "Please, take a gift for your answers. Akane, give our window-breaking friend to our guest." At that comment the pinned adventurer starts struggling again and the robed one looks about in fear.

[roll0] *2 athletics=12 to escape the hold

The Dark Fiddler
2010-07-12, 02:28 PM

Akane, for a moment, appears apprehensive at the newest order. However, eventually she picks up the adventurer. "Y-yes... Master." She holds the adventurer out to the demon, trying to keep him from squirming too much.

((roll]1d6[/roll] - A Gift for You!
Multiplied by 4 for Athletics

Edit: Looks like it didn't work for some reason, I'll re-roll in the Recruitment/OOC thread.))

Hat-Trick
2010-07-12, 02:50 PM
Akane is successful in manhandling the intruder into the summoning circle, where the demon promptly seizes the man and tucks him under its arm. "I thank the generous house of Herix for the offering of this mortal soul," The devil mutters with a bow before gating back to it home dimension. Maldin walks passed Akane, the robed man, and Maryn back to his bed where he falls limply onto the cushioned mattress.

"Still not powerful enough, not skilled enough, not experienced enough..." the boy mutters to himself. It's hard to forget how young he is until his defenses drop like this. A split second later he is back on his feet and standing in front of the robed man. "Maryn, Akane, retrieve the other two. As for you, I hope you didn't have too much of an opinion on the loss of your comrade, but it's kill or be killed in my families profession. You, on the other hand are no extremist."

"Not at all, just needed the money," the robed man proclaims loudly.

"The other two?"

"Just hired swords as well," the robed man states quickly.

Douhugal
2010-07-13, 07:18 AM

(Seeing as the fight has ended hektor disappears by going back into the ground and only leaving some dust and rocks behind. Maryn is now half standing behind the robed man with her arms on his head and next to her lies the plate with the picked up sandwiches)

"Well he seems honest master and he likes fish! So he can't be that bad"
(Maryn lays her hands around the robed man's neck.)
"Seems like a waste to just kill them right? Besides, this one is kinda cute. What is your name, anyway?"

((yay for affection rolls ^^ [roll0]))

The Dark Fiddler
2010-07-13, 07:10 PM
Akane Stress 2/30, Favor 11

Akane bows and goes to fetch the other two adventurers, grabbing Maryn and dragging her along to help as she goes.

(([roll0] - Come Along Now))

Hat-Trick
2010-07-13, 09:45 PM
My internet decided to do an impression of Kyle's Mom, sorry about the lack of posts.

[roll0] *2 Will=4

The robed man blushes awkwardly at the compliment and answers, "Kurin, ma'am."

"No, Maryn, we aren't killing these three," Maldin answers without a pause. "They want money, we will pay them. How much were you commissioned?"

"Uh, well... the reward was for-" Kurin begins before being cut off.

"If the reward hasn't changed, then we shall pay you 625000 Standard Empirical Gold Pieces, twice the price of the 500,000 ounce reward, correct?"

"Uh, yes sir," Kurin agreed. He sat quiet for a second before asking, "Why are you letting us go?" Maldin shrugged and went back to sit on his bed.

"No reason to punish you," the master replied, nonchalantly, "You'll leave with more money than if you had my head, you won't come back, you won't tell anyone, you will simply enjoy your life and let me about my business. You have a bag of holding?"

"Yes sir."

"Good, makes moving the gold that much easier."

Douhugal
2010-07-14, 06:35 AM

(Maryn gets dragged away by Akane and pouts)
"Aww, I wanted to play some more! Nyah."
(when she is dragged sufficiently far away Maryn gets up and picks one of the bodies and brings it back to the master and Kurin)

athletics: (1d6*4)[16]

Hat-Trick
2010-07-14, 11:44 AM
Maryn is able to retrieve the armored man that flew out the window by jumping out the window and climbing back quickly enough to not miss much of the conversation.

"You're a mage right?" Maldin asked.

"Yes sir, specialized in Conjuration and Abjuration," Kurin answers.

"Do you summon?"

"Once in a while."

"How do you get better?"

"I usually just practice, but I've found one or two pointers useful in books at the college." Maldin thinks for a second.

"We have books specifically on devil summoning here, I highly doubt general tricks would help more than they."

"I noticed you were using regular chalk, have you tried planar chalk?"

"No I haven't, how do I get some?"

"Try asking an entity from the plane you want," Kurin explained. "I hear it helps the strength of the circle, allowing you to summon stronger being from that plane. Just don't summon the opposite. Weakens the circle."

"Thanks for that." Maldin nods. "Can't believe I didn't think of something like that."

The Dark Fiddler
2010-07-16, 10:39 AM

Akane simply listens as her master converses with the mage that, moments before, was trying to kill him, utterly in awe at how quickly things changed.

Hat-Trick
2010-07-17, 01:02 PM
When the two other adventurers regain consciousness, Maldin and Kurin explain the situation to them quickly and they seem somewhat relieved. "Could one of you fetch these men their gold?" Maldin asks his two maids, handing over Kurin's bag of holding.

Douhogal still active? he hasn't posted in two days or so...

Douhugal
2010-07-17, 02:29 PM
Maryn favor 18 Spirit 0/30

"I'll go master, I will also get some new sandwiches these are not good enough for you anymore." (Maryn jumps up while grabbing the plate with sandwiches and runs towards the kitchen and the treasury, while grabbing the bag of holding in the process. When she is out of the room she grabs one of the sandwiches and starts eating, the others can here a happy purr)

ath: [roll0]

((srry, have been busy: with family business and with DnD , creating a world for a party of mine and for future use. its a lot more work then I thought))

Hat-Trick
2010-07-18, 04:41 PM
"Energetic girl, loves fish a bit too much, though," Maldin notes as son as Maryn exits the room. "She won't be gone long, I suspect."

Maryn is able to sprint the whole way from the third floor into the fifth basement level and back, with the gold, in under five minutes. It would have been four, but she had to make more sandwiches.

"See?"

The Dark Fiddler
2010-07-18, 06:04 PM
Akane looks at Maryn as she comes back into the room. "I don't know how you can run that fast, Maryn-chan. It's unreal."

Douhugal
2010-07-19, 03:29 AM
Maryn favor 18 spirit 0/30

(Maryn looks quizzical towards Akane) "What do you mean? I didn't run. That would have ruined the food!" (Maryn starts giving everybody a sandwich) "Here master, I hope you like it"

Hat-Trick
2010-07-19, 11:30 AM
Maldin accepts the sandwich and takes a bite. "Adequate," he notes. In all his time, fish had become droll, although Maryn has various ways of preparing anything she catches, while shuffles things about a bit. Tuna sandwiches were simple and, for him, rather novel, but lacking in the punch of more complex meals. "Anyway, here is your gold," the master says, handing over the bag of holding.

Kurin mutters something, makes a gesture, and nods. "Seems to be all there," he tells his companions. "Thank you, good sir, for your patronage."

"You are most welcome," Maldin answers with a courteous nod.

"Yeah, thanks, kid," the leather clad adventurer says, at which he instantly stiffens, apparently not sure if Maldin would take it as an insult or not.

"Yes, yes, you should be going now," Maldin mutters, seemingly irritated, but not offensive about the comment. The three adventurers leave via the window and a flight spell, waving goodbye as they go. "That was an interesting morning."

[roll0] favor for both of you

The Dark Fiddler
2010-07-20, 12:40 PM
Akane, Favor 17, Stress 2/30

"Y-yes Master, it certainly was. I can say with absolute certainty that I had not expected a fight this morning."

Hat-Trick
2010-07-20, 02:31 PM
Maldin finished his tuna sandwich and stretched. "Dash it all," He muttered, noticing the shattered glass and destroyed windows. "The windows need to be fixed now, brilliant." He snatches another sandwich and starts on it as well in a bad mood. "Get it fixed before nightfall, I don't wish to sleep with a draft." With that he trudged off, heading for the library.

Douhugal
2010-07-24, 07:43 AM
Maryn, spirit 0/30 favor 18

(Maryn also looks at the damaged window and seems to be thinking. After awhile she replies)
"Should we call the usual guy, master? If it was a wall I could have fixed it easily myself. Akane-chan what do you think?"

The Dark Fiddler
2010-07-24, 07:45 PM
Akane

"I'm not sure, Maryn-chan. I'm not any good at fixing things... maybe we could look through a phone book to find somebody more skilled at it to hire?"

Douhugal
2010-07-28, 02:32 PM
Maryn, favor 18 spirit 0/30

(Maryn looks puzzled towards Akane)
"Akane-chan...I know what a book is but what's a phone book? And what is a phone?"