PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 4e] Which of these bonuses does a Sorcerer get to passive damage?

Thajocoth
2010-07-09, 04:03 PM
The bonuses listed here all apply to damage from my attack rolls definitely, but none of the situations listed are attack rolls, nor are their totals listed in the builder. None of the bonuses apply to my Dragon Breath's damage (racial ability), if that helps.

Situations:
* White Lotus Riposte (feat) - When an enemy you hit with an arcane at-will attack power attacks you before the start of your next turn, that enemy takes damage ... equal to the ability modifier to the attack power's damage.
* Prime the Fire - Effect: If the target attacks before the start of your next turn, the target takes 2d8 fire damage.
* Swords of the Marilith (Demonskin Adept PP) - Any enemy takes 3d6+Cha mod damage if it starts it's turn within the zone.
* Good Timing - ...If you still miss the target, even after the reroll, you take psychic damage equal to your Cha mod...

Bonuses:
* Enhancement Bonus - When you wield a magic dagger or a magic staff, you can add its enhancement bonus to the attack rolls and the damage rolls of sorcerer powers that have the implement keyword.
* Dual Implement Spellcaster (feat) - When you use an arcane attack power and you are wielding a magic implement in each hand, you can add the off-hand implement's enhancement bonus to damage rolls
* Dragonshard of the Mage (item) - You gain a +1 bonus to damage rolls with implement attacks that use the augmented weapon
* Two-Weapon Fighting (feat) - While holding a weapon in each hand, you gain a +1 bonus to damage rolls with your main weapon
* Dragon Soul (Class feature) - You gain a bonus to the damage rolls of arcane powers equal to your Str mod
* Draconic Spellcaster (feat) - You gain a +1 feat bonus to attack and damage rolls when you use an arcane power that deals the same damage type as your breath weapon.

Mando Knight
2010-07-09, 04:50 PM
They apply to damage rolls, not damage dealt by attack rolls. There's a difference. White Lotus Riposte and Good Timing lack damage rolls, so the bonuses don't apply. Prime the Fire adds to an existing damage roll, and is not a damage roll itself. (edit: was working on bad information, see below) Swords of the Marilith is a damage roll, and thus gets all the bonuses applicable to any of that power's keywords.

Thajocoth
2010-07-09, 05:01 PM
They apply to damage rolls, not damage dealt by attack rolls. There's a difference. White Lotus Riposte and Good Timing lack damage rolls, so the bonuses don't apply. Prime the Fire adds to an existing damage roll, and is not a damage roll itself. Swords of the Marilith is a damage roll, and thus gets all the bonuses applicable to any of that power's keywords.

I was off about Prime the Fire, I've edited to put the actual text of each thing I'm asking about. Some of them say "damage rolls with attacks" or "damage rolls with a weapon". These are all indirectly from attacks from that weapon, which is why I was unsure, since the damage roll is indirect. Thanks.

The bonuses total +24 damage for me.

Mando Knight
2010-07-09, 05:05 PM
Ah. Right. It's a separate damage roll, and gains any damage bonuses relating to the Arcane, Fire, and Implement keywords. TWF officially applies to Implement powers used through a weapon-implement.