PDA

View Full Version : Draco Drakeclaw, the Dragon master

Ramza1987
2010-07-09, 05:40 PM
I just had a look at the Bearington Bearman the bearbearian thread; and had the idea of doing the same thing, but with a dragon theme, instead of Bears.

Some thing to have in mind, can it be done? Can it be playable? Can i start to play this character from lvl 1?

I leave it to the your ample wisdom, and extensive knowledge, to bring some nice ideas.

The only thing that come to my mind is Dragonwrought-Kobold, and Dragon cohort, maybe dragon familiar too.

Touchy
2010-07-09, 05:43 PM
Add dragonborn, he's also a half-dragon as well.

Morph Bark
2010-07-09, 05:44 PM
Dragon Shaman/Dragonfire Adept/PrC that advances both?

taltamir
2010-07-09, 05:48 PM
so... he "herds" dragons? the problem with that is that dragons are people (not humans, but sapients)... People who typically take human form and crossbreed with humans to produce half-dragons.
you might as well herd "humans" or "elves" or "dwarves".

The Rose Dragon
2010-07-09, 05:50 PM
Dragonfire Adept Dragon Shaman Diamond Dragonheart Mage Dragonrider...

The sad fact that remains that dragons are far more prevalent in D&D than bears, so this is not as fun an exercise as Bearington Bearman the Bearbearian.

EvilJoe15
2010-07-09, 05:50 PM
That's what Illithids, and Thrallherds do.

Ramza1987
2010-07-09, 05:53 PM
The sad fact that remains that dragons are far more prevalent in D&D than bears, so this is not as fun an exercise as Bearington Bearman the Bearbearian.

Yeah, i know, it should be Dungeons and Bears, but it seems that dragons have more marketing or something.

taltamir
2010-07-09, 05:55 PM
Dragonfire Adept Dragon Shaman Diamond Dragonheart Mage Dragonrider...

also... HALF dragons are far more prevalent then bears... heck, don't you even have half dragon oozes?

The Rose Dragon
2010-07-09, 05:59 PM
also... HALF dragons are far more prevalent then bears... heck, don't you even have half dragon oozes?

You also have half-dragon bears.

taltamir
2010-07-09, 06:00 PM

thank you for this charming mental image :)
but yes, you do.

Prodan
2010-07-09, 06:02 PM
I'm surprised you could bear the thought.

taltamir
2010-07-09, 06:04 PM
I'm surprised you could bear the thought.

stop dragon our minds through the gutter

The Rose Dragon
2010-07-09, 06:06 PM
The scale of these puns are unbearable.

...Jesus now I'm doing it.

taltamir
2010-07-09, 06:10 PM
The scale of these puns are unbearable.

...Jesus now I'm doing it.

please bear with us.

Morph Bark
2010-07-09, 06:12 PM

How about half-bear dragons instead?

Someone write up a half-bear template that can apply to dragons. Now.

Ramza1987
2010-07-09, 06:16 PM
How about half-bear dragons instead?

The idea of a furry dragon of awesomeness, is appealing to my mind.

Putting aside the puns; how can a character with this in mind, be built?

Runestar
2010-07-09, 06:56 PM
Slap a half-troll template onto a dragon to turn its type into a giant, which qualifies it for the werebear lycantrope template? I have no idea what a dragon in hybrid form is supposed to look like though.

The less exciting option is to simply have it cast bite of the werebear. :smalleek:

Ramza1987
2010-07-09, 06:59 PM
Slap a half-troll template onto a dragon to turn its type into a giant, which qualifies it for the werebear lycantrope template? I have no idea what a dragon in hybrid form is supposed to look like though.

Lol i was talking about my original idea, of a Dragon themed character.
And i donīt think anyone, will let me play a half-Troll Dragon, even less a Werebear one...

EDIT: Where does Half-Troll come from?

ExtravagantEvil
2010-07-09, 07:04 PM
I am now using that as a villain in an adventure, Half Troll Werebear Red Dragon. Oh how it will bring gasps of laughter and fear to the PC's I unleash it upon.

Runestar
2010-07-09, 07:16 PM
Half-troll is from fiend folio. You get physical stat boosts, mental stat penalties, NA, rend and fast healing. And yeah, your type becomes giant, so I think you actually lose hp if your HD was greater than d8, but the +6 con kinda makes up for it.

The only interesting thing which stands out is that it can be applied to outsiders, so you can get lycantrope solars and balors. :smallbiggrin:

To be fair, inspiration was taken from this article, which had a half-troll manticore were-T-rex. :smalltongue:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/eo/20070223a

Morph Bark
2010-07-10, 02:49 PM
Half-troll is from fiend folio. You get physical stat boosts, mental stat penalties, NA, rend and fast healing. And yeah, your type becomes giant, so I think you actually lose hp if your HD was greater than d8, but the +6 con kinda makes up for it.

The only interesting thing which stands out is that it can be applied to outsiders, so you can get lycantrope solars and balors. :smallbiggrin:

To be fair, inspiration was taken from this article, which had a half-troll manticore were-T-rex. :smalltongue:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/eo/20070223a

Someone should make a half-troll brass wyrmling who is also a were-battle titan.

It is totally legal.

FMArthur
2010-07-10, 03:28 PM
I'm pretty sure this has been done more than once on this particular forum. :smallconfused:

Ramza1987
2010-07-12, 02:03 PM
Someone should make a half-troll brass wyrmling who is also a were-battle titan.

Wow, that could be interesting.

Can anyone give me a build or some nice idea, for a character, that is playable?

Ramza1987
2010-07-14, 01:03 AM
Im not trying to necro, but i had interesting news, my DM told me that i will earn a stat up, every lvl in the campaing im playing, so that opens for nice things, isnīt it?