PDA

View Full Version : Adventure Paths

molten_dragon
2010-07-09, 05:44 PM
My wife is currently running a campaign for me and two of our friends. She's running the Legacy of Fire (http://paizo.com/pathfinder/adventurePath/legacyOfFire) adventure path. She's not really enjoying it much, due to the module giving out too much treasure, and us steamrolling everything in it. So she's looking for something else to run. Ideally it will be 3.5 so she doesn't have to do much adaptation (she doesn't really enjoy putting a lot of work in outside of game time) and will offer a good challenge to a moderately optimized group of 3 players (possibly gestalt), with decent mix of combat, roleplaying, and puzzles/traps/others. It will also ideally take us from the early game (1st-3rd level) to the late game (18th-20th level).

She's looking at the other pathfinder adventure paths right now (Rise of the Runelords, Curse of the Crimson Throne, or Second Darkness), or possibly the older adventure paths which were first published in Dungeon magazine (shackled city, age of worms, or savage tide).

Has anyone played any of these and can recommend them, or do you have any other recommendations of something that might fit the bill?

CockroachTeaParty
2010-07-09, 06:01 PM
If ease and too much treasure is a concern, I've been running a good part of the Savage Tide path. It is hard. There's not a lot of good treasure either (or rather, places to spend the money you find).

That said, I've been enjoying it a great deal, so it has the CTP Seal of Approval.

aivanther
2010-07-09, 08:19 PM
I'd second the savage tide, i'm enjoying being a player and as of yet steam rolling hasn't been a problem.

subject42
2010-07-09, 09:12 PM
If you want something that's a challenge, find the 3.5 update to Heart of Nightfang Spire. It'll give you the what-for right from the get-go.

Failing that, the PF Rise of the Runelords module is a complete blast. I'm running some folks through it now. The only thing to watch out for are certain "boss" monsters that are extremely hard to beat.

I *still* hate that bloody quasit.

Dornath
2010-07-09, 09:31 PM
We've been running through Shackled City in our group.

It's fairly tough. We lost many PCs in the first few levels. I would highly recommend it to those seeking a challenge.

potatocubed
2010-07-10, 02:40 AM
Yeah, Shackled City was pretty brutal as I recall.

Ankhman
2010-07-10, 03:31 AM
i'm currently running shakled city as a DM and can only recommend it. there's lot of things that can kill the group even on later levels. ^^

Dornath
2010-07-11, 09:02 AM
Oh believe me, I know.

Beholders, everywhere.

9mm
2010-07-11, 10:46 AM
Savage tide is alot of fun. I found Rise of the Runelords to shift in tone to much to be really cohesive.