PDA

View Full Version : Art Mistake?

Zexion
2010-07-09, 06:09 PM
Look at the third-last panel in this (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0358.html) comic. Belkar's cheeks are just lines. Has The Giant been informed of this, and if so, why hasn't he fixed it? :smallconfused:

Kish
2010-07-09, 06:25 PM
If you're complaining about the unrealisticness of Belkar's bulging cheeks: It's a stick figure comic. Rich hasn't fixed it because he's paralyzed by not caring very much.

If you're complaining about the appearance of lines on Belkar's cheeks: They're bulging because he's eating chips.

Gift Jeraff
2010-07-09, 06:26 PM
He has food in his mouth. Yeah, the line of his right cheek intersecting with the outline of his head looks a little weird, but the art style also has floating eyebrows, so...yeah.

Bongos
2010-07-09, 06:29 PM
I noticed that his legs, arms and hands are also just lines.

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-07-09, 06:33 PM
If you're complaining about the unrealisticness of Belkar's bulging cheeks: It's a stick figure comic. Rich hasn't fixed it because he's paralyzed by not caring very much.

If you're complaining about the appearance of lines on Belkar's cheeks: They're bulging because he's eating chips.

The problem is with Belkar’s right cheek (his right, your left). The bulge extends past the edge of his head, but it’s not colored in, so you see through it. It’s only a few pixels wide, really.

Gift Jeraff
2010-07-09, 06:41 PM
That happens whenever a character does the big :smalleek:, so I fail to see the problem.

B.I.T.T.
2010-07-09, 07:01 PM
Truth be told I didn't notice it until you pointed it out. Not a mistake though, Belkar is talking with his mouth full and the lines are meant to indicate that.

Zexion
2010-07-09, 07:33 PM
Truth be told I didn't notice it until you pointed it out. Not a mistake though, Belkar is talking with his mouth full and the lines are meant to indicate that.
Yes, it just seems like his cheeks would be filled in, right? Does anyone agree with me? :smallfrown::smalltongue:

AgentofOdd
2010-07-09, 07:43 PM
Yes, it just seems like his cheeks would be filled in, right? Does anyone agree with me? :smallfrown::smalltongue:It's a minor mistake, but I agree it's a mistake.

suszterpatt
2010-07-09, 08:00 PM
Yes, it probably should look like Roy's face in the last panel (the bulge covering up the normal head outline), but I imagine that Burlew has more important things to do than fix minor errors like that.

B.I.T.T.
2010-07-09, 08:14 PM
Yes, it just seems like his cheeks would be filled in, right? Does anyone agree with me? :smallfrown::smalltongue:

Ohhhh...I see it now. Probably too small an area to fill in and/or worry about.

Dr.Epic
2010-07-09, 10:44 PM
Look at the third-last panel in this (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0358.html) comic. Belkar's cheeks are just lines. Has The Giant been informed of this, and if so, why hasn't he fixed it? :smallconfused:

yeah that's always bugged me too

Cealocanth
2010-07-09, 11:05 PM
It was an art mistake. Hey, mistakes happen. It's an old comic, it doesn't affect the grand sceme of things.

Fale
2010-07-10, 02:25 AM
Rich normally makes fixes for the books, but not the online version. Has anyone got the book on hand and can see if it's been corrected? I would be surprised if it hadn't.

Itamarcu
2010-07-10, 06:15 AM
Yeah, he fixed that in the printed version.

Roland St. Jude
2010-07-11, 10:52 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Unless your perceived mistake is in the latest strip, please don't post about it. And if it is from the latest strip, please post about it in the official thread for that comic.