PDA

View Full Version : Breaking a druid

WarKitty
2010-07-10, 10:48 AM
Ok here goes. I need the most broken druid we can come up with. No outright cheese, but other than that go for it. Cheese away. Will be starting with a venerable dragonwrought kobold if I can (what's the aging timespan on kobold anyway?), although other race suggestions are welcome. All published WoTC books available.

Note, this character will probably never see play, but I'm going to present it to my DM and then see where we land.

Edit: Starting level 3 with an inherited set of wild dragon full plate. And yes I know druid is already broken, but this is an exercise in how far that can go. Mostly for the look on my DM's face.

Also it would be helpful to have books listed for non-core stuff so I don't have to go searching.

NelKor
2010-07-10, 10:51 AM
Druid.. 20?

More seriously, Anthro bat is the prefered race generally for it's massive Wisdom bonus, as for breaking it, you are a druid and that in and of it's self is broken.

EvilJoe15
2010-07-10, 10:55 AM
"No outright cheese...
...Venerable Dragonwrought Kobold."

WTF? If you want a broken Druid you need cheese, as it's already so strong.

Anyway Venerable Necropolitan Anthropomorphic Bat gets +9 Wis, then go Planar Shepherd. That's it.

Psyx
2010-07-10, 11:13 AM
No outright cheese...venerable dragonwrought kobold

You've set the bar pretty much as low as it will go.

Druid > Planar Shepard.

Bayar
2010-07-10, 11:19 AM
If you want a broken Druid you need cheese Natural spell and 18 in WIS at least, as it's already so strong.

Fixed that for you.

aivanther
2010-07-10, 11:26 AM
Planar Shepherd, choose the far realms: planar bubble = infinite time stop.

subject42
2010-07-10, 11:51 AM
Aim for the cheesiest spells possible, too.

Venomfire is a good one for this.

EvilJoe15
2010-07-10, 11:53 AM
Don't forget the Fleshraker companion.

PId6
2010-07-10, 06:24 PM
Greenbound definitely belongs in there somewhere. Frozen Wild Shape is good for the Cyrohydra (+Venomfire), but it's a bit out of its league if Planar Shepherd is involved.

Optimystik
2010-07-10, 06:38 PM
Planar Shepherd, choose the far realms: planar bubble = infinite time stop.

Better yet, choose Realm of Dreams (MotP). Infinite Time Stop + Grant free Wishes to your party members.

faceroll
2010-07-10, 09:51 PM
Use Wild Cohort + Natural Bond and the warbeast template (which can be applied with a handle animal check and time) for a super beefy pet.

ShadowsGrnEyes
2010-07-10, 10:04 PM
use one of the dozens of ways there are of turning into somthing with multiple heads. . .

follow the rules for spellcasting with multiple heads . . .

Edit: and add planar sheppard. . .

sofawall
2010-07-10, 10:06 PM
Use Wild Cohort + Natural Bond and the warbeast template (which can be applied with a handle animal check and time) for a super beefy pet.

Why do you have Wild Cohort in there? Also, why Natural Bond? Basically, neither of those boost the power of a Druid's pet, assuming you only take levels that improve the animal companion.

UglyPanda
2010-07-10, 10:08 PM
Greenbound definitely belongs in there somewhere. Frozen Wild Shape is good for the Cyrohydra (+Venomfire), but it's a bit out of its league if Planar Shepherd is involved.The problem with Greenbound is that once you hit the high levels, you want to cast buffs on your summons. And most of the good buffs are animal-only.

Yes, Druid is so powerful that a clearly broken option is a step down for it at high levels.

Mando Knight
2010-07-10, 10:08 PM
Also, why Natural Bond? Basically, neither of those boost the power of a Druid's pet, assuming you only take levels that improve the animal companion.

Natural Bond lets you use a Druid Level -3 companion without penalty.

The Glyphstone
2010-07-10, 10:09 PM
No, but Wild Cohort is based off your character level, and since it functions 'as a druid's animal companion', a friendly DM will let Natural Bond apply to it. This basically gets you a second animal companion at almost-full strength for a feat slot, and the animal companion is already one of the druid's best three features.

sofawall
2010-07-10, 10:10 PM
Natural Bond lets you use a Druid Level -3 companion without penalty.

Debatable, but I actually remembered that trick just before I refreshed to see if anyone posted it.

You did. :smallannoyed:

ShadowsGrnEyes
2010-07-10, 10:10 PM
Why do you have Wild Cohort in there? Also, why Natural Bond? Basically, neither of those boost the power of a Druid's pet, assuming you only take levels that improve the animal companion.

Ninja'd

Many People Use Nature bond to get a pet of higher level without the penalty. They Forget that the feat says you cannot exceed your character level.

sofawall
2010-07-10, 10:12 PM
since it functions 'as a druid's animal companion'

Nope, it does not. It actually specifically says it is different and should be tracked separately because it follows different mechanics. Also, last I checked, Natural Bond increased effective Druid level for Animal Companion, not Character Level, which is what Wild Cohort looks for.

Also, it's two feats, but since Druids only really take two or three good ones anyway, no biggie.