PDA

View Full Version : [Exalted] Immaculate Malefactor (or: Buddhist Demon King. Yep, It's Exalted)

Leliel
2010-07-10, 01:14 PM
Well, actually I'm not clued enough into canon to know if the Immaculate Philosophy is more Buddhist, Shinto, or Hindi in nature, but I imagine it's close enough in Lookshy to steal the visuals.

So, yeah, my Malefactor, Yeshen Tabranni (which, if you know Hebrew mythology, is one of the more cliched names I could have chosen) is an ex-Immaculate scholar who still keeps the doctrine close to his heart, just with a few revisions. Such as Anathema-thanks at least in part to Cecelyne's influence on his psyche, he believes them to be "blessed spirits of sages long past", who posess the leaders of the present to guide them to power and wisdom (the fact that the Zenith who supplies his Past Life merit, Firey Corona of the Umbra, was and is one of the least corrupt people in the First Age helps a bit). He himself believes that it is his right and destiny to gather the weak and forgotten of the Southern Threshold and, under his beneficient guidance, transform them into an invincible nation of part-deva desert lords ("deva" because he considers the people he modifies with Scoured Perfection of Form to be free from Malfean imprisonment, and thus, deva rather than demon).

The fact that this tends to fly in the face of Cecelyne's law ("'Might Makes Right' does not mean 'It is Right To Make the Weak Mighty', Warlock") really doesn't seem to deter him.

The trouble I have is that, as is, this really doesn't jibe well with Immaculate philosophy, even if Yeshen has, upon realizing that it's "prophet" is an old, bitter, and washed up Sidereal (the revelation of that is part of the reason why he accepted the shard) decided that "staying true to the path the Dragons gave you" is simply a guideline.

So, how do you think his faith would influence his actions?