PDA

View Full Version : Prestige classes beyond Elemental Savant?

Tyriq
2010-07-10, 04:46 PM
Neka (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=5792)

I'm playing a character in a friend's campaign- she's a slime sorceress and most of her spells involve acid or slime or ooze. At her next level, she'll finish Elemental Savant and turn into an ooze elemental... I'm wondering what to do with her after that? It would be nice to stay with the theme, but I am having trouble finding other caster PrCs for elementalists or ooze PrCs for non-evil casters. Any ideas?

Roga
2010-07-10, 04:57 PM
High marks for flavor. I've played a few Elemental Savants, never thought to pursue a Para-elemental flavor. I'm a big fan of the Oozemaster from Master of the Wild. It's only 5/10 spell casting progression, and I'm not sure how much if any it would help you (I don't know all of what Ooze Savant gave you besides Acid immunity) but they get the ability to do Oozy touches at will. They can throw globs of ooze (Some that do con damage), Reshape their faces, and squeeze themselves through any opening at least 1 inch wide.

It's main drawbacks are only 5/10 casting, and they get penalties to Charisma, but you may be able to work with your DM to update it to 3.5 so it's not so harsh.

gbprime
2010-07-10, 05:11 PM
My favorite is Elemental Archon from Faiths and Pantheons. it's 3rd ed, but nothing has replaced that PrC. Mephit underlings are a hoot, and useful. But the meat of that PrC is becoming an elemental at level 10, which she seems to have covered already.

Chronos Flame
2010-07-10, 06:34 PM
I'm also interested in this. I have an elemental savant (fire) and was wondering if there were any good PrCs beyond savant as well.

Roga
2010-07-10, 07:01 PM
My Fire Savants often go into Incantrix (PgtF) or Halruuan Elder (Shining South). Both offer some options to help my metamagic, and as a Nuker I love cheaper maximize, empower, or Energy Admixtures.

arguskos
2010-07-10, 07:24 PM
My favorite is Elemental Archon from Faiths and Pantheons. it's 3rd ed, but nothing has replaced that PrC. Mephit underlings are a hoot, and useful. But the meat of that PrC is becoming an elemental at level 10, which she seems to have covered already.
Beat me to it. :smallsigh: Elemental Archon really is the other good one.

Chronos Flame
2010-07-10, 08:26 PM
I was thinking about Incantrix. I think I looked at Elemental Archon once. Wasn't it a divine prestige class?

arguskos
2010-07-10, 08:27 PM
I was thinking about Incantrix. I think I looked at Elemental Archon once. Wasn't it a divine prestige class?
It's literally easy as pie to just flip it to arcane. There are no balance issues involved. Just ask your DM.

The Glyphstone
2010-07-10, 08:28 PM
See if you can file the serial numbers off the Thrall of Jubilex?

Chronos Flame
2010-07-10, 08:39 PM
It's literally easy as pie to just flip it to arcane. There are no balance issues involved. Just ask your DM.

Huh... I guess so, it doesn't really count on divine powers.

Claudius Maximus
2010-07-10, 09:15 PM
See if you can get an equivalent to Searing Spell, but for acid. Acid resistance/immunity can really mess up your day otherwise.

Fax Celestis
2010-07-11, 01:24 PM
Also try High Elemental Binder from Player's Guide to Eberron. You may have to refluff it a little bit to get it to work with a paraelement like Ooze, but it's pretty solid. The Stonespeaker Guardian from Races of Stone could probably do it too, but that'd be even harder.

gorfnab
2010-07-11, 05:58 PM
I'm also interested in this. I have an elemental savant (fire) and was wondering if there were any good PrCs beyond savant as well.
For a fire savant I would suggest looking into Silver Pyromancer from Eberron: Five Nations (page 150). This class makes fire damage spells do sacred damage instead. Many monsters are immune to fire damage or have access to stuff to make them either immune or resistant to fire damage. Immunity to sacred damage on the other hand is harder to come by.