PDA

View Full Version : Lets get godly!

DragonsAion
2010-07-10, 09:43 PM
Reading over the deities for DnD I noticed that they all use core-only classes. so I thought it would be fun if we made up some of are own by adding in the new classes.

you have 40 to 50 lvls to play with and all books are open. It should be interesting to see what combos we all come up with.

Lhurgyof
2010-07-10, 09:47 PM
50th level dire bear paladin.

DragonsAion
2010-07-10, 09:55 PM
I was hoping for a little more then that.

EvilJoe15
2010-07-10, 09:57 PM
Vecna is totally an Epic Incantatar.
Domain Wizard 5 / Mindbender 1 / Incantatar 21 / Archmage 5

Fortuna
2010-07-10, 09:59 PM
Isn't that Incantator?

Also, a God of Endurance: Crusader 20/Cleric (with DMM Persist) 10/Ruby Knight Vindicator (sans deity requirement) 10.

Lhurgyof
2010-07-10, 09:59 PM
Ok, ok, ok.
The Earl of Camembert.
God of all Nezumi, ruler of the far east.

EvilJoe15
2010-07-10, 10:01 PM
No it's Incatatrix if you're a woman, and Incantatar if you're a man.

Hague
2010-07-10, 10:04 PM
I always picture Hextor as an epic Hexblade with a splash of Blackguard and Mindbender.

Edit: Vecna's totally gotta have epic progression of Ur-Priest instead of cleric levels.

Fortuna
2010-07-10, 10:06 PM
No it's Incatatrix if you're a woman, and Incantatar if you're a man.

That's just strange and contrary. Any particular reason why?

EvilJoe15
2010-07-10, 10:08 PM
No, not really. It's just a bit of fluff.

Demons_eye
2010-07-10, 10:10 PM
Domingo El Hace, Wizard 5/ Binder 5/ Anima Mage 10/ Wizard 15/ Binder 15.

He is the only mortal to visit the vestiges and come back. There he learned the arts to become a god. He himself is part vestige and mastered the art of pact hoping, teleporting from people to people who have bound vestiges to themselves. Being part of the vestiges Domingo has learned to use what ever vestige power he wishes but loses then afterwords momentary.

Nicknames / Portfolio:
''The Lucky one'' Trickery, Insanity, Flexibility, Versatility

Domains:
Vestige, Magic, Knowledge, Madness, Chaos, Trickery, Luck

Weapon:
Scythe

Symbol:
Eclipse with an owl flying in the middle, His own Vestige Symbol

Lhurgyof
2010-07-10, 10:15 PM
Aww, nobody got my witty cheese joke. :(

DragonsAion
2010-07-10, 10:57 PM
thanks demons eye thats what I was hoping for.

anyone know what a dragonfire adept 20/dragon shamen 20 would take for the last ten levels? I thinking fighter or rogue.

Masaioh
2010-07-10, 11:09 PM
Here is one of the gods I use for my setting.

Stephen Colbert
Also known as: Stephen Colbert (the other one)
Greater God
Symbol: A golden, flaming sword
Alignment: Lawful Good
Portfolio: Chivalry, Freedom, Good, Honour, Justice, Retribution, Valour, Zeal
Cleric Alignments: LG, NG, LN
Domains: Fire, Good, Law, Protection, Strength
Favoured Weapon: Longsword
Class: Cleric 20/Fighter 15/Cavalier 10
Chosen: William Shatner

One of the warriors who helped to imprison Mr. T, who was driven insane upon ascension in the aftermath of the Second Blood War. As a reward, he was granted divinity by the Overgod, Chuck Norris. As his portfolio implies, he can often be foolhardy and reckless, but he is also known for his integrity and honour. He is rarely seen without his steed 'Freedom', the Celestial Paragon Hippogriff.

DragonsAion
2010-07-10, 11:11 PM
Oh dear god!! ROTFL!!!

The H*ll kind of game were you playing?

Masaioh
2010-07-10, 11:16 PM
Oh dear god!! ROTFL!!!

The H*ll kind of game were you playing?

One where the PCs were infested by extradimensional rainbow jellyfish, most of the dungeons were inside the party's gestalt consciousness while they were sleeping, and where Inns are far and away the most dangerous places in the multiverse.

The only continent on the planet was destroyed by a Blood War that was started by a recently freed Levistus, and they made a pact with Pazuzu to stop him. The ensuing chaos made the Prime Material nearly uninhabitable.

DragonsAion
2010-07-10, 11:23 PM
O_O'

nice.

Serpentine
2010-07-11, 12:22 AM
That's just strange and contrary. Any particular reason why?I imagine it's along the lines of dominatrix, as opposed to dominator. Now that would make an interesting goddess of "love"...

If anyone wants to stat up the Ellimist for me I might resurrect the Animorphs homebrew for it.

Devils_Advocate
2010-07-11, 12:55 AM
Corellon Larethian should be a Bard/Duskblade instead of a Wizard/Fighter. (Although being a Wizard/Fighter instead of something more appropriate like Bard or Ranger, and also looking horribly gaunt rather than pretty, does seem to be rather emblematic of elves in 3E, sadly.)

The Epic Level Handbook could also be useful for rebuilding the deities. Deities & Demigods was released first, as I recall, with the result that Epic mortals can outclass divine paragons in their specialties if one uses both books unaltered. (Power creep? What's that?)

Morph Bark
2010-07-11, 03:41 AM
No, not really. It's just a bit of fluff.

If WotC says its Incantatar for males... then they obviously need to re-take those Latin classes. With occupations that end in -trix for females, -tor is used for males.

The only gods I have created was re-making old Gestalt PCs into some, otherwise the only one fully original was Enix.

Enix
Lesser God
Symbol: An oversized sword with a star-shaped crackle of electricity at the tip
Portfolio: Good, Law, Honour, Manliness, Doing The Right Thing As Opposed To The Left One, Storytelling, Protection of one's loved ones, Friendship
Domains: Good, Law, Protection, Fire, Cold, Electricity (or w/e the name was again)
Favoured Weapon: Fullblade
Class: Paladin 10/Warmage 10/Abjurant Champion 5/Spellsword 10/Eldritch Knight 10

His statue was often erected at large city squares, which then became known as "Enix Square".

woodenbandman
2010-07-11, 06:19 PM
:D that's a good one.

Sticking to core base classes and no epic progressions (like the gods actually do):

Lemmy Kilmeister

Symbol: The head of a dire dire boar
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Portfolio: Chaos, Gambling, Drugs, Drugs, Drugs, Rock and Roll, Drugs, Alcohol
Cleric Alignments: CN only
Domains: Chaos, Trickery, Gluttony, Luck, War
Favored Weapon: Mace
Class: Paladin of Freedom20/Bard20

Special note: Charisma 3 (base 29, -26 racial penalty)

dgnslyr
2010-07-11, 09:26 PM
If WotC says its Incantatar for males... then they obviously need to re-take those Latin classes. With occupations that end in -trix for females, -tor is used for males.

The only gods I have created was re-making old Gestalt PCs into some, otherwise the only one fully original was Enix.

Enix
Lesser God
Portfolio: Good, Law, Honour, Manliness, Doing The Right Thing As Opposed To The Left One, Storytelling, Protection of one's loved ones, Friendship
Domains: Good, Law, Protection, Fire, Cold, Electricity (or w/e the name was again)
Class: Paladin 10/Warmage 10/Abjurant Champion 5/Spellsword 10/Eldritch Knight 10

His statue was often erected at large city squares, which then became known as "Enix Square".

Does he have natural healing/infinity?

Lhurgyof
2010-07-11, 09:30 PM

Enix
Lesser God

.... Oh god, is this a final fantasy reference?

The-Mage-King
2010-07-11, 09:35 PM

Enix
Lesser God

http://knowyourmeme.com/i/681/original/what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

elonin
2010-07-11, 09:37 PM
Why not an Ur priest?

ninjaneer003
2010-07-11, 09:44 PM
A githyanki or githzeria god would probably be some where around the lines of a Monk 20/Psion 20/Fist of Zuiken10/Illithid Slayer 10

Lyndworm
2010-07-11, 09:45 PM
If anyone wants to stat up the Ellimist for me I might resurrect the Animorphs homebrew for it.

Those books rule, and your stuff for it is the closest I've ever seen to doing them justice.

If I remember correctly, isn't the Ellimist an alien Video-Game-Nerd whose consciousness was combined with that of countless people from countless species and the reality-warping powers of a supercomputer and a black hole? All of his powers derive not from being powerful, but from knowing how the system works. He's a Factotum.

The Ellimist
Greater God
Symbol: Drawing a blank, here
Alignment: Neutral Good
Portfolio: Balance, Good
Cleric Alignments: LG, NG, CG
Domains: Good, Mind, Magic, Protection, Trickery (just about anything if you ask nicely)
Favored Weapon: Rapier? (It's not about power, it's about out-thinking your opponent)
Class: Factotum 20/Wizard 20/Something terribly broken 10

The Crayak
Greater God
Symbol: All seeing eye
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Portfolio: Hatred, Rage
Cleric Alignments: CN, CE, NE
Domains: Chaos, Destruction, Evil, Fury, Madness
Favored Weapon: Claw (Howlers, much?)
Class: Barbarian 20/Cleric 20/Something terribly broken 10

Morph Bark
2010-07-12, 04:09 AM
Does he have natural healing/infinity?

Only out-of-combat. :smalltongue:

.... Oh god, is this a final fantasy reference?

...noooo, of cooouuurse nooott. :smallwink:

http://knowyourmeme.com/i/681/original/what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

Oh you, TMK. Only you.

Alleine
2010-07-12, 04:13 AM
Don't gods usually have 20 HD of outsider?

hamishspence
2010-07-12, 04:21 AM
Usually. But there are a few exceptions- Vecna (because he's undead) Tiamat & Bahamut (because they're dragons) and Hercules (because he ascended to deityhood only recently).

St Cuthbert, despite being an ascended mortal, has 20 Outsider Hit Dice- maybe because he ascended a very long time ago in the game universe.

Lix Lorn
2010-07-12, 04:22 AM
Don't gods usually have 20 HD of outsider?
RUIN OUR FUN AND WE EAT YOU.

Well, I need a deity of gender... I saw a class about seduction a while back. S/he has it.

Serpentine
2010-07-12, 04:26 AM
I've mentioned my "avatars of overdeities" system in my game. My overdeity of sexuality would be able to switch sexes (including a blend). Zie would be a god of sex, sexuality, gender, motherhood, fatherhood, hetero- homo- and bisexuality, disease, romance, relationships, probably friendship, transexuals and intersexuals, and... all sorts of other stuff. Probably doesn't really help you, though.

Closak
2010-07-12, 04:28 AM
Warblade 20/Sorceror 20/Cleric of himself 10

Divine Salient ability: You lose all your spell slots for the day, sucks to be a caster huh?

Divine Salient ability: possess mortal.

Divine Salient ability: Infinite amount of teleportation at will, each teleportation is a free action, really sucks when it's used to teleport a sharp object into your head or when used to teleport far out of your attack range while he on the other hand can just teleport back in, hit you once, then teleport out of range again before your round starts.

Unbreakable guard: Non-epic characters may find it impossible to even hit him even on a natural 20, no matter the circumstances a non-epic simply can not hit him. Except during surprise rounds, but good luck getting one of those.

DR 25/Epic: Yet again, does not apply during surprise rounds as it requires the deity to actually be aware of the incoming attack, once again, good luck actually getting said surprise round in the first place.

Fast Healing 5.

Domains: Death, Rebirth, Corruption, Life, Combat.

Alleine
2010-07-12, 04:31 AM
RUIN OUR FUN AND WE EAT YOU.

I'm best served with a garnish of skittles.

At any rate hamishspence noted some exceptions, and taking a look into Deities and Demigods says they have the 20 HD on top of 30-50 normal class levels so all it does is make them ever so slightly stronger.

Lix Lorn
2010-07-12, 04:35 AM
Lol. XD

My deity is capable of switching gender at will, and hir main portfolio is about Masculinity and femininity.
Shi insists that everyone but hir must be heteronormative, or by smited by hir priesthood. So Yeah.