PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Psy-gish ghostbreaker

Dusk Eclipse
2010-07-10, 11:29 PM
I am trying to make an egoist gish and while browsing Hyperconcious I came to the Ghostbreaker prestige class.

I have to say I liked it very much, full bab, two good saves (fort and will) full manifesting and somewhat easy requirements (bab +3 consentration 8 ranks K:psionic 4 ranks K:religion 2 and slaying and undead). So in all it is a very nice class for a gish in my opionion.

The class itself has many anti-undead features, but one caught my attention, it is called Effective Turning and it says you turn undead as a cleric of your ML-2, and the example mentions a psion 6/ghostbreaker 1 turning undead as a 5th level cleric, the problem is that by my RAW reading it doesn't grants the actual Turn undead ability.

The ability caught my atention because I thought it would be nice to fuel some divine feats (mostly devotions) without dipping, but due my readingI am not sure, what do you think?

Also I am planning on being a changeling egoist 6/Ghostbreaker 5/something 9 (most likely Slayer or the gish class in LoM (I forgot the name)

I will definetly take the 1st and 5th sub level (RoE) for the cost of two bonus feats I get a +1 ML when manifesting an psychometabolism power on myself (IE almost always) and I will add hustle, thicken skin, chameleon and metamorphosis as powers known without affecting my normal powers known limit.

Comments?

Thanks in advance (and before I forget for those who don't know Hyperconcious is a 3rd party book)

Optimystik
2010-07-10, 11:49 PM
1) The LoM PrC you are thinking of is Sanctified Mind.

2) Of the classes you have listed, only Slayer has Heavy Armor Proficiency and Martial Weapon Proficiency. Since you're going the gish route, you may want to dip into that, unless you plan to rely exclusively on Metamorphosis instead. Furthermore, to access Sanctified Mind you need Martial Weapon Proficiency.

3) Ghostbreaker's turning not only works as a cleric's, it stacks with cleric (and paladin) levels too. This says to me that they are the same ability. I see no reason why it can't fuel divine feats, though Divine Metamagic of course won't work.

4) Yes, the Changeling Egoist levels 1 and 5 are good subs. The bonus powers known in particular are definitely worth a feat.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-07-11, 08:26 PM
Ummm, right I forgot about the proficiencies..... hmm would a wildshape ranger be a worthwhile dip? BAB, HD, skills, and IIRC I can chain variants so I think I can trade the wildshape fast movement (since it says "as Barbarians") for pounce.

It also saves me a feat on track.

So Changeling Spirit Lion Wildshape Ranger 1/Egoist 5/Slayer (or sanctified mind) 9

BAB 17 ML 18 (19 when manifesting psychometabolism powers) mostly D8 HD (IIRC) and due being INT based quite a lot of skills.

So what does the playground thinks?