PDA

View Full Version : Elf race question

Exthalion
2010-07-11, 11:54 AM
Is there any elf that gives a + to int without a - to con?

If not, is there at least one that doesn't have the normal elf ability modifiers and just the bonus to int and one negative?

hamishspence
2010-07-11, 11:57 AM
Two elf races have an Int bonus- gray elf (MM) and sun elf (FRCS).

Of those two- the Sun elf has only a bonus to Int and a penalty to Con. I think the grey elf has the elf abilities, plus Int bonus and Str penalty.

Cog
2010-07-11, 11:59 AM
An elf who became a Dragonborn would lose the Con penalty, trading it for Dex.

Darrin
2010-07-11, 04:14 PM
An elf who became a Dragonborn would lose the Con penalty, trading it for Dex.

Yes, but they lose most of their other racial abilities (which may or may not matter to an Int-based spellcaster).

You can give any race a Con +2/Cha -2 by giving it the Arctic racial template from Dragon #306 (check the 3.0 templates on Crystalkeep for details). I prefer this with Fire Elves (UA), mostly for the humor value. (You can also do this *with* Dragonborn, for Con +4, Dex -2, Cha -2... particularly useful on Mongrelfolk for Con +8 with no LA).

Eloel
2010-07-11, 04:16 PM
Yes, but they lose most of their other racial abilities (which may or may not matter to an Int-based spellcaster).

You can give any race a Con +2/Cha -2 by giving it the Arctic racial template from Dragon #306 (check the 3.0 templates on Crystalkeep for details). I prefer this with Fire Elves (UA), mostly for the humor value. (You can also do this *with* Dragonborn, for Con +4, Dex -2, Cha -2... particularly useful on Mongrelfolk for Con +8 with no LA).

That sounds DFAntastic...