PDA

View Full Version : A New Brighthammer 40k Thread By It's Creator

Cypress_Bright
2010-07-11, 05:34 PM
Hi, everyone. I just joined the forum.

I have noticed there was some discussion about Brighthammer here in the past. I am the original creator of this alternate universe, both it's first and second edition. This was originally made on 4chan's /tg/ board, and I did some extensive expansion to it on the spacebattles.com forums.

It was always my intention to make this both an inversion of the increasing GRIMDARK nature of 40k, returning it to something closer to it's Rogue Trader roots in spirit and at the same time making it a coherent alternative setting for games like Rogue Trader.

I still work on it fairly often, along with another individual who has not yet joined your board (although he may or may not now that I've moved here).

In any event, I like the creativity here. As I continue to expand Brighthammer 40k's setting, I am always on the lookout for good ideas to use.

In this thread, feel free to discuss Brighthammer, or to throw out any ideas that you think might add to it. I may or may not accept it as part of Brighthammer canon and add it to the wiki, but I will happily look at any new ideas and even unsuccessful ideas might well inspire ones that are added to the game.

Also, I am aware that the creator of something suddenly showing up and discussing it can, ironically, kill discussion about it by deciding what is and is not canon.

As far as I'm concerned, Brighthammer is very much an open source setting, and if your idea is not accepted, you can still use it all you want in any personal playthroughs of Brighthammer for your games of Dark Heresy or on the tabletop. I'm always happy to see people working on or with it, or any of the things I've created.

For those unfamiliar with the setting, these are the links to the first and second editions of Brighthammer. The first edition is sillier; the second edition is more of a plausible setting to use in a game of Dark Heresy (or HIGH ADVENTURE! if you feel like giving it a new Brighthammeresque title).

http://1d4chan.org/wiki/BrightHammer40k_%281st_edition%29

http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Brighthammer_40,000_%282nd_edition%29

And now the opening blurb:

It is the 41st Millenium. For more than a hundred centuries the Emperor of Man has ruled the Imperium with wisdom and compassion from his throne on holy Terra. He is the guiding light of mankind restoring civilization from the ruins of a failed technological singularity, and protector of a million worlds through the actions of countless brave heroes. He is the living god of mankind, granting his power to mankind that it might reach a golden age once again.

Yet even ruled by a living god, the Imperium is not free of strife. Brave fleets of Heroic Adventurers cross through the domain of the Lords of Order in the warp, the only route between distant stars, the path illuminated only for those strong in will and faithful to the Emperor. These heroes do great deeds on countless worlds. Greatest amongst these heroes are the Adeptus Astartes, the Space Marines, bio-engineered knights of the stars. Their brave and heroic companions are legion: The Imperial Guard and countless heroes of small worlds, the ever vigilant Secret Service and the inventive and ever adaptive techpriests of the Adeptus Mechanicus to name only a few. But for all their courage and skill, the universe is so vast that there will never cease to be new places the Emperor's will has yet to see, or new places to adventure.

To be a hero in such times is to shine like a bright star amongst untold billions of others. It is to live in the dawn of a new golden age, a future filled with light and hope. These are the tales of those times. Embrace the powers of Technology and Sorcery, for despite all that has been forgotten, mankind will rediscover the brilliance of the past, ten times brighter than before. Embrace the age of nobility and heroism, for in a dark universe, heroes will arrive with the Blinding brilliance of the Dawn. There is no rest among the stars for the brave of heart, for in the bright future of the 41st millennium, there is only HIGH ADVENTURE!

Cypress_Bright
2010-07-11, 06:48 PM
Golden Men: The undying robotic remnants of a failed attempt to force mankind to ascend to a higher plane of existence, they place a misguided loyalty in the star gods of the C'Tan. Their goal is to destroy the warp, and become the lords of the Material plane of existence. Their technology is so advanced as to seem magical, and their power incredible. Their current power is little more than a shattered remnant of their former glory, when mankind shone like gold and they threatened the entire galaxy. However, this does not mean their threat is over. The Star Gods are awakening in response to the returning threat from the Old Ones, and the Golden Men flock around them. Though not evil as men would understand them, they are also not good; merely being opposed to the Old Ones and all creatures of the warp. The Golden men themselves see normal human beings as little more than living toys to play with until they break, and they create and destroy at their whim. As their shattered empire fights to rebuild itself and regain it's dominance, only great heroes can stand against them. They are so scattered and so well hidden that no army could possibly track them all down, even ones as vast and powerful as those of the Imperium. When the golden men return, it will be the brave and adventurous who face them and fight to save mankind.

Commentary on the Necrons: As Brighthammer advanced, I never really felt happy with the Necrons. I couldn't just leave them GRIMDARK, because that defies the purpose of flipping things in this mirror universe. On the other hand, I couldn't make them too happy, either, because that's not interesting. First Edition Brighthammer made them lifebringers that went across the galaxy spreading – well, life. This was fine for the initial parody, but as a playable game they don't make for much drama. Conflict makes drama, so Brighthammer needs conflict. So how then do we make for drama with them, without turning them into a terribly GRIMDARK faction? Well, as anyone who as watched Gurren Lagann knows that conflict, even against an overwhelmingly powerful enemy, doesn't need to be GRIMDARK. It's all in the attitude. So I just needed to rewrite it in a way that used a different attitude, but kept the Necrons as someone you might fight – albeit in a very different form.

I got the idea from a random piece of fluff someone wrote. Might have been me or Brighthammer's primary other author, Rhaka the Red. I'm not sure. In any event, the idea was presented that the war with the Iron Men in 40k was repeated in Brigthammer, and it was caused by the Emperor doing more or less exactly what he did in Warhammer. He beat up the void dragon and then let it's dreams guide mankind. But then, the emperor disappears until the great crusades. This left an interesting alternative for Brighthammer – what if the Emperor beat up the Void Dragon so it would help mankind develop technology, but instead of the dragon sleeping and he remains awake, what if it were the other way around? In Brighthammer, the emperor was wounded in the battle and slept. Because he won, the Void Dragon kept it's end of the agreement – it advanced the technology of mankind. However, instead of doing so by dreaming, it did so consciously. The end result is powerful technology that denies the warp – a goal the Emperor was aiming for the opposite of. His end goal has always been to see mankind ascend as warp gods that would put ascended Eldar to shame, and dominate the warp as immortal beings. This is true in both Brighthammer and Warhammer 40k. The end result in both cases was a war with robotic armies. In Warhammer, it was the Iron Men who battled mankind – the Imperium's robotic servants who rebelled and tried to take over, being stopped by the Golden Men – loyalist robots. In Brighthammer, the Golden Men are transhumanists, who sought to forcibly upload mankind or destroy it and seal off the warp. They were stopped by the Iron Men – people who refused ascension through technology alone. Although the focus is quite different, the end result is very similar. It keeps us from making the Necron faction lovey dovey good guys but it also keeps things from getting GRIMDARK. These guys were once human, but have most of the attitudes of the Necrons. They've already lost once, but like the Necrons are there are buried remnants on countless worlds, seeking to regain their power. This is how I replaced the Necron Faction.

xp194
2010-07-11, 07:20 PM
Hmm. Being a fan of Tau in general, I'm a bit surprised that they become the evils, but I can understand why, if this is a Mirror 40k setting.

Would love to play a game of Dark Heresy in this setting, as a Guardsman in search of xenos scum to slaughter HIGH ADVENTURE.

So. Cool of you to show up on these boards. Hope you enjoy your stay and all that.

Rhaka the Red
2010-07-12, 01:11 PM
Feel free to change the Tau around. Just make sure Fum'aan Shu'u doesn't get wiped out. ;)

Trixie
2010-07-12, 02:32 PM
I wholeheartedly approve of this thread :smallbiggrin:

Cypress_Bright
2010-07-13, 12:58 AM
Hmm. Being a fan of Tau in general, I'm a bit surprised that they become the evils, but I can understand why, if this is a Mirror 40k setting.In all honesty, they aren't really all that evil. It's more of a kind of Ironic joke. I like that they aren't all that different than their regular Warhammer 40k version. On the other hand, I like channeling the old 30's pulp fiction yellow menace thing, and guys like Fum'aan Shu'u do channel it, so I guess they are kinda badguys.

Would love to play a game of Dark Heresy in this setting, as a Guardsman in search of xenos scum to slaughter HIGH ADVENTURE.
The only proper way to play.

So. Cool of you to show up on these boards. Hope you enjoy your stay and all that.Thank you.

Feel free to change the Tau around. Just make sure Fum'aan Shu'u doesn't get wiped out. ;)Well, I feel like a racist and I'll probably go to hell or something, but I do like the 30's pulp yellow menace. I like Ming the Merciless. I always have. That's who the Tau are in this setting. Is it PC? Not even close. But it's funny - and appropriate. Brighthammer runs on pulp action serials as it's fuel, just as early 40k ran on jokes about bad 80's hair bands.

I wholeheartedly approve of this thread :smallbiggrin:My thanks.

I recently wrote this up, as an addition to the game.

Commentary on the Necrons: As Brighthammer advanced, I never really felt happy with the Necrons. I couldn't just leave them GRIMDARK, because that defies the purpose of flipping things in this mirror universe. On the other hand, I couldn't make them too happy, either, because that's not interesting. First Edition Brighthammer made them lifebringers that went across the galaxy spreading – well, life. This was fine for the initial parody, but as a playable game they don't make for much drama. Conflict makes drama, so Brighthammer needs conflict. So how then do we make for drama with them, without turning them into a terribly GRIMDARK faction? Well, as anyone who as watched Gurren Lagann knows that conflict, even against an overwhelmingly powerful enemy, doesn't need to be GRIMDARK. It's all in the attitude. So I just needed to rewrite it in a way that used a different attitude, but kept the Necrons as someone you might fight – albeit in a very different form.

I got the idea from a random piece of fluff someone wrote. Might have been me or Brighthammer's primary other author, Rhaka the Red. I'm not sure. In any event, the idea was presented that the war with the Iron Men in 40k was repeated in Brigthammer, and it was caused by the Emperor doing more or less exactly what he did in Warhammer. He beat up the void dragon and then let it's dreams guide mankind. But then, the emperor disappears until the great crusades. This left an interesting alternative for Brighthammer – what if the Emperor beat up the Void Dragon so it would help mankind develop technology, but instead of the dragon sleeping and he remains awake, what if it were the other way around? In Brighthammer, the emperor was wounded in the battle and slept. Because he won, the Void Dragon kept it's end of the agreement – it advanced the technology of mankind. However, instead of doing so by dreaming, it did so consciously. The end result is powerful technology that denies the warp – a goal the Emperor was aiming for the opposite of. His end goal has always been to see mankind ascend as warp gods that would put ascended Eldar to shame, and dominate the warp as immortal beings. This is true in both Brighthammer and Warhammer 40k. The end result in both cases was a war with robotic armies. In Warhammer, it was the Iron Men who battled mankind – the Imperium's robotic servants who rebelled and tried to take over, being stopped by the Golden Men – loyalist robots. In Brighthammer, the Golden Men are transhumanists, who sought to forcibly upload mankind or destroy it and seal off the warp. They were stopped by the Iron Men – people who refused ascension through technology alone. Although the focus is quite different, the end result is very similar. It keeps us from making the Necron faction lovey dovey good guys but it also keeps things from getting GRIMDARK. These guys were once human, but have most of the attitudes of the Necrons. They've already lost once, but like the Necrons are there are buried remnants on countless worlds, seeking to regain their power. This is how I replaced the Necron Faction.

The Blurb below covers their newly written official description:

Golden Men: The undying robotic remnants of a failed attempt to force mankind to ascend to a higher plane of existence, they place a misguided loyalty in the star gods of the C'Tan. Their goal is to destroy the warp, and become the lords of the Material plane of existence. Their technology is so advanced as to seem magical, and their power incredible. Their current power is little more than a shattered remnant of their former glory, when mankind shone like gold and they threatened the entire galaxy. However, this does not mean their threat is over. The Star Gods are awakening in response to the returning threat from the Old Ones, and the Golden Men flock around them. Though not evil as men would understand them, they are also not good; merely being opposed to the Old Ones and all creatures of the warp. The Golden men themselves see normal human beings as little more than living toys to play with until they break, and they create and destroy at their whim. As their shattered empire fights to rebuild itself and regain it's dominance, only great heroes can stand against them. They are so scattered and so well hidden that no army could possibly track them all down, even ones as vast and powerful as those of the Imperium. When the golden men return, it will be the brave and adventurous who face them and fight to save mankind.

Eldan
2010-07-13, 02:49 AM
80s hair bands? Really? Do explain.

Inhuman Bot
2010-07-13, 11:29 AM
I have to say, the first one was rather amusing, though this newer version is probably better. :smalltongue:

Cypress_Bright
2010-07-13, 05:41 PM
80s hair bands? Really? Do explain.

The earlier versions of 40k were outright parodies of many things in the 80's. The stars were named after bands, the races were parodies of music genres, and it was a progressive game of absurd over the top cool on top of absurd over the top cool.

The Eldar in particular were a parody of 80's hair rock and glam rock bands. You hardly even have to look at them today to see how blatantly obvious it still is.

The Space Marines - chaos in particular, were a collection of heavy metal parodies.

Early 40k was, in all truth, much more silly than Brighthammer. Even Brighthammer 1st edition.

There's a reason people call Rogue Trader "Loltrader" these days.

xp194
2010-07-14, 06:45 AM
The Space Marines - chaos in particular, were a collection of heavy metal parodies.

I guess that explains where the Noise Marines come from then. I wonder if the Imperials have Regimental Rock Bands...?

Oslecamo
2010-07-14, 07:36 AM
Early 40k was, in all truth, much more silly than Brighthammer. Even Brighthammer 1st edition.

To be honest, current 40K still is silly as hell, just parodying other stuff. The most recent method of marine training is pure retardness (scout=>devastator=>assault=>tactical marine lolwut?)

And of course, then there's WWI-II armies fighting power armored dudes fighting space elves fighting demons fighting orcks fighting giant robots fighting the spanish inquisition fighting Aliens fighting starship troopers in massive ground battles when there's perfectly working space ships and airplanes.

In the grimdarkness of the future, nobody but the Tau still figured a better tactic than to run on foot towards your oponent and try to hack them with pointy sticks!:smallbiggrin:

Klose_the_Sith
2010-07-14, 08:25 AM
To be honest, current 40K still is silly as hell, just parodying other stuff. The most recent method of marine training is pure retardness (scout=>devastator=>assault=>tactical marine lolwut?)

Eh, it actually makes as much sense as any other way of training the Galactic Patrol Adeptus Astartes. A Space Marine lives for war, he doesn't spend every second of his life fighting it.

Train them up first, then deploy them initially as light skirmishers. Have them do basic recon, graduating to full-on infiltration and sniper missions, or guerilla style hand to hand assaults.

Once they've mastered those skills, let em graduate into power armour. Stick em in a devastator squad with a bolter and let them get used to working with their battle-brothers in a fairly static, low-risk role.

At the same time as all this goes on, they are constantly training to better themselves at all aspects of the craft. They train ranged, melee, unarmed, and heavy weapon roles.

Once they've finished their tour as a dev and learnt how all the different weapons work in the field, it's time for a taste of action. Put them in assault squads and let them charge the opponents weak-points, the role assault marines are best used for. Let them earn their place in combat by their own merits, for the glory of the Imperium.

Then they're fully fledged space marines, organised into tactical squads.

Tac squads face the thickest fighting and are used as linesmen who don't back down. They wade into the thick of it with all manner of weaponry and don't back down. They have to face every challenge as it emerges and the constant variety in their training will let them handle this best.

Sure it might not be the best way to organise an army, but we're talking about the Intergalactic Knights-Templar here. Cut them some slack.

Oslecamo
2010-07-14, 09:10 AM
Tac squads face the thickest fighting and are used as linesmen who don't back down. They wade into the thick of it with all manner of weaponry and don't back down.

No, those are the assault marines. Tactical marines can afford to stand back and shoot as they have good range bolters. Assault marines are the ones being droped literaly over the enemy's heads into ugly close combat, and they can't afford to retreat untill the enemy is down.

They have to face every challenge as it emerges and the constant variety in their training will let them handle this best.

Except that now they don't have the tools to face varied challenges. They have scarce heavy weapons and only backup melee weapons. Assault marines are much more choppy and devastators are much more shooty.

Really, what's the purpose of training them into heavy weapons and chainswords if then you then take it away from your troops?

Sure it might not be the best way to organise an army, but we're talking about the Intergalactic Knights-Templar here. Cut them some slack.

I'm cuting them plenty of slack by ignoring their 50% betrayal rate, wich is plain awfull for any kind of army.:smallamused:

Shas aia Toriia
2010-07-14, 09:24 AM
I'm cuting them plenty of slack by ignoring their 50% betrayal rate, wich is plain awfull for any kind of army.:smallamused:

Sorry to just interrupt like this, but saying they have a 50% betrayal rate is a blatant twisting of the facts - it implies that Space Marines continue to betray the Imperium constantly, but that's not true.
Or, if you'd prefer, we could say Americans are all traitors, seeing as you they rebelled against Britain, giving Britain a 20% betrayal rate for their countries.Just as a side note, I don't know how many countries Britain had, so I don't know how accurate my 20% guess was.

Klose_the_Sith
2010-07-14, 10:13 AM
No, those are the assault marines. Tactical marines can afford to stand back and shoot as they have good range bolters. Assault marines are the ones being droped literaly over the enemy's heads into ugly close combat, and they can't afford to retreat untill the enemy is down.

Do you ... do you actually read the fluff?

Tactical marines are dropped into the storm, same as everyone else. More so, in fact, as it's their job to dig in and establish a perimeter. They fight primarily with the bolter, as marines are supposed to, but they get drawn into close combat an awful lot.

Probably because they're always outnumbered and their opponents are almost always waving melee weapons about instead of rifles.

Assault marines fight those sorts of battles too, but they're given jump packs so that they can serve primarily as opportunists. Every space marine has to always be ready for any fight. Cause they'll be tested in every way imaginable on a disturbingly regular basis until they earn their last inch of glory for the Emperor.

Also? All marines endorse tactical withdraws, if the need arises.

It's right there in the codex ...

Except that now they don't have the tools to face varied challenges. They have scarce heavy weapons and only backup melee weapons. Assault marines are much more choppy and devastators are much more shooty.

Really, what's the purpose of training them into heavy weapons and chainswords if then you then take it away from your troops?

Yes, when training in a particular aspect of war it's best to focus on it.

Tactical marines are built to handle everything. They might not be given that many heavy weapons, but they are given them and they rotate duties around the squad (again, the fluff ...).

Chainswords are easier to use than combat knives, so it's only logical to use them as 'training wheels' for assault.

A tactical marine can't afford to carry supplies AND a bolter AND his side-arm AND a chainsword. So they learn melee the easy way before they have to rough it.

That is how learning happens.

A gross over-simplification at best.

xp194
2010-07-14, 09:02 PM
Thought: Does Ciaphus Cain appear at all in Brighthammer and how differant/similar is he to his normal personality?

Cypress_Bright
2010-07-15, 03:23 PM
Thought: Does Ciaphus Cain appear at all in Brighthammer and how differant/similar is he to his normal personality?

Yes he does, actually. I've been working on a short story (don't hold your breath) about him. He is Cai Cain, DASTARDLY GENTLEMAN SCOUNDREL!

If you want to get a quick idea of what he's like, go back and watch the old movie Heavy Metal, the segment about Captain Sternn in particular. Because that is more or less how he and Jurgen work together in the other universe.

Rhaka the Red
2010-07-17, 03:29 PM
So, about the C'Tan...

The C'Tan, Star Children or Star Gods are among the first beings who came into existance after the birth of the universe. In their original form, they life as a parasitic silvery sheen of energy in the coronas of suns. In this form, they can barely be considered sapient; their mere residence in a sun renders planets orbiting it barren or twisted.

Residing on such a planet, the ancient Necrontyr managed to contact "their" Star God, which after two generations of conversations came to be fond of the "little carbonites" and voluntarily restricted his body to the part of the sun not facing ancient Necron. The Necrontyr (while still not being the healthiest of races) rejoiced and built it a necrodermis body to interact with them. Countless pictures, reliefs, and statues depicting the moment the Daybringer talked face to face to a Necrontyr delegation have survived the eons.

Eventually finding and contacting more of its kind, the two two races struck up an odd friendship and explored the galaxy together, eventually finding a long-term (but radical) solution to the Necrontyr's health problems. These times ended when the coalition met the terrible Great Old Ones, who forced them into a conflict that, through Eldar prose, remains known as the War in Heaven.

After losing the conflict, the Necrontyr were forcibly scattered and the C'Tan retreated to lick their wounds. While most began hibernating to recover from their wounds, some took up a long-term vendetta, spreading the pariah gene across the galaxy in order to deny the Great Old Ones more worship/sacrifice fodder for their subservient Warp Horros. Other supported the fledgling Eldar/Ork coalition during the War of Souls only to disappear into obscurity afterwards, possibly affected by the Universal Destroyer's near destruction of the Materium.

In the modern times, most of the surviving C'Tan have come out of hibernation and gone back to eating stars, wanting nothing more to do with "carbonites". Not more than maybe two dozen still travel the void in their artificial bodies.

The most prominent active C'Tan are:

The Daybringer
The first C'Tan to inhabit a necrodermis body, given as a gift by the ancient Necrontyr, the Daybringer acted as a general during the Wars of Heaven and Soul. Afterwards, he took up travelling with a Necrontyr cloisterworld, occassionally resting and snacking up on a sun. Easily the most worldly of the Star Gods, he is considered safe to approach and interact with.

The Void Dragon
A virtual machine deity, the Void Dragon is considered to be an inherent technomancer and psychometrist; able to communicate and control machines as if they were part of himself. After he took up residence on Mars for 10 millenia, the Dragon disappeared during the late Age of Strife to parts unknown.
As he is more machine than mortal, his thought processes are completely alien and his gifts of knowledge are never less than dangerous to all but the most stalwart of mortal minds - not only were they responsible for the salvation of the Necrontyr, but also for the creation of the Golden Men and the ensuing millenia long war.

The Soothsayer
Possibly the most dangerous of the active C'Tan, the Soothsayer travels the galaxy in the guises of mortals, spreading the paraiah gene and mixing up with mortal folks. Speaking truths nobody wants heard and caring little for the feeling of people, chaos and war often follow in his wake as "necessary" lies are exposed for the falsehoods they are.

The Outsider
A mighty warrior during the War of Souls, the Outsider was deeply scarred by that conflict and took to hiding himself in a Dyson sphere located almost outside of the galaxy, only emerging once every dozen millenia.
Unremarkable (and probably safely locked up in his self-imposed exile) save for that fact that an incoming Tyranid Hive fleet will run straight into him. Nobody, not even his fellow C'Tan, know if and how the Outsider would react to that.

Gruffard
2010-07-28, 12:23 PM
Hm... Interesting. Will you be porting the information from 4chan to here? Or are you just posting here for comments but mainly staying in your old threads?

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2010-07-28, 03:32 PM
The Eldar in particular were a parody of 80's hair rock and glam rock bands. You hardly even have to look at them today to see how blatantly obvious it still is.

This.

http://usagi3.free.fr/IMG/jpg/figs_023.jpg
Maugentar, anyone? Tell me he's not playing a bass guitar with a straight face.

Eldan
2010-07-29, 04:54 AM
Also, his name is Mau-Guitar. At least, that's how my group pronounces it.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2010-07-29, 09:38 AM
Also, his name is Mau-Guitar. At least, that's how my group pronounces it.

Teeeechnically his name is Maugen Ra, and the Maugentar is only the name of his bigass reapergun. Buuuuut...

Eldan
2010-07-29, 12:22 PM
Damn. Yeah, it's been half a year or so since I last opened my Eldar-codex.

It makes even more sense, then.

Rhaka the Red
2010-07-29, 02:00 PM
Hm... Interesting. Will you be porting the information from 4chan to here? Or are you just posting here for comments but mainly staying in your old threads?
I don't know about Cypress, but I'm doing it the chimpanese way: toss stuff around and see if it sticks. Feel free to toss as well.

Deth Muncher
2010-07-31, 06:26 AM
Maugentar, anyone? Tell me he's not playing a bass guitar with a straight face.

He's not playing a bass guitar with a straight face.

Hell, you can't actually tell what his face looks like anyway - he's got a helmet on.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2010-07-31, 11:38 AM
He's not playing a bass guitar with a straight face.

Hell, you can't actually tell what his face looks like anyway - he's got a helmet on.

Actually he's playing guitar with an incredibly serious face, but whatever. :smalltongue:

lord_khaine
2010-07-31, 06:09 PM
Dam, if i was a better converter i would turn that into guitar of some sort.

His pose does lend itself to it somewhat, its just a question of how the heck do i make the guitar.

Eldan
2010-07-31, 06:12 PM
Didn't the old noise marines have guitars?

DranWork
2010-07-31, 08:03 PM
Theres an ork deth band that has the full kit for a rock group, as mini's. Old noise marines did indeed have guitars there was a limited edition Imp guard regiment that had guitars as well.

tribble
2010-07-31, 08:16 PM
Didn't the old noise marines have guitars?

sonic blasters still do look like guitars.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2010-07-31, 09:46 PM
sonic blasters still do look like guitars.

Not as much as this though:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_wt4FVqfKsIw/S3G4duxGSrI/AAAAAAAAAEQ/QhqifX2-i_8/s320/Noise+Marine+2+WIP+09022010+-+Front.JPG

And no, that is not converted.

Also: the ork band
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1241259_99060103099_Col40kOrkRockBandMain_445x319 .jpg

DranWork
2010-07-31, 10:25 PM
wow thats a really nicely painted Noise marine! If its your model congrats! But yeah i love the old school noise marines. good old warhammer 40k

lord_khaine
2010-08-01, 02:40 AM
yeah of course, i should have thought of noise marines, well it might be doable, depending on how the new noise marines look.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2010-08-01, 08:17 AM
wow thats a really nicely painted Noise marine! If its your model congrats! But yeah i love the old school noise marines. good old warhammer 40k

Hah! I wish that was my model. I can't paint models at all. Unsteady hand. I just know it's unconverted cause my google search also came up with a scan of an old GW catalogue including the model.

Lord Raziere
2010-08-01, 09:31 AM

I would think he'd kinda be like Zapp Brannigan or something like that; actively searching for glory and all that, but in reality is a coward.