PDA

View Full Version : [CHB] OoC V: Arguments abound!

Pages : 1 [2]

Beans
2010-09-23, 06:16 PM
Whatever theme there is, no two characters should be based on the same card/sign.

Zexion
2010-09-23, 06:17 PM
Whatever theme there is, no two characters should be based on the same card/sign.
Yeah, but I meant can there be one character based on Pisces (zodiac), and one character based on the Tower (tarot)?

Beans
2010-09-23, 06:18 PM
No. The theme will have to be constant.

Zexion
2010-09-23, 06:21 PM
No. The theme will have to be constant.
But then there aren't that many possibilities to choose from... :smallfrown:

And for the "based off of" bit, do they just have the personality, or the personality and some special powers?

EDIT: And either way, I'll probably play someone based off Sagittarius if Western astrology wins.

Beans
2010-09-23, 06:22 PM
But then there aren't that many possibilities to choose from... :smallfrown:

And for the "based off of" bit, do they just have the personality, or the personality and some special powers?
There's 12 in the EZ, 13 (counting Ophiuchus) in the WZ, and a buggerload in the Tarot. You'll survive.

And it's good if they have some personality and powers/weapons based off it.

And a certain someone is not convinced that you're okay now, unfortunately. I'll push him harder, but...

Zexion
2010-09-23, 06:27 PM
There's 12 in the EZ, 13 (counting Ophiuchus) in the WZ, and a buggerload in the Tarot. You'll survive.

And it's good if they have some personality and powers/weapons based off it.
And the time/technological period?

Also, I plan for a Saggitarius archer-type character. If the setting is futuristic, then think a female Agent from the Matrix, but without the awesome close-combat fighting skills, and with freakily pinpoint accuracy. If the setting is medieval, then think a Robin Hood-esque girl who can sheathe her arrows in fire/lightning energy.

And PM me the specifics of why.

Beans
2010-09-23, 06:30 PM
... I don't understand why. But I'll try to convince him, because you are an okay sort of dude.

Thinking of a technomagic setting, like Final Fantasy but weirder.

There's also the option of, if we do WZ, assigning each sign the element it is associated with in FFXII...

Just look http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Esper_%28Final_Fantasy_XII%29.

Dedtiem.

icastflare!
2010-09-23, 06:31 PM
I am thinking about a Gemini based character. I have an interesting character concept for him.

Zexion
2010-09-23, 06:32 PM
I am thinking about a Gemini based character. I have an interesting character concept for him.
Power idea: have him be able to split into multiple versions of himself! I'm unoriginal! :smallbiggrin:

IcemanJRC
2010-09-23, 06:34 PM
I think I'd like Taurus, please.

icastflare!
2010-09-23, 06:34 PM
Power idea: have him be able to split into multiple versions of himself! I'm unoriginal! :smallbiggrin:

Maybe. My idea was more focused on roleplaying. Thay may bea power though.

Zexion
2010-09-23, 06:39 PM
Maybe. My idea was more focused on roleplaying. Thay may bea power though.
Have him talk with himself, or have multiple versions of himself in a conversation at once.

Or he could have schizophrenia...

icastflare!
2010-09-23, 06:40 PM
Have him talk with himself, or have multiple versions of himself in a conversation at once.

Or he could have schizophrenia...

sort of the last one. she hears voices of what she believes to be her twin. The voice can be helpful, or can make things go very bad.

Zexion
2010-09-23, 07:16 PM
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/6681/taya.png
Taya Kalvia
Height: 5'10
Weight: 110 lbs.
Appearance: Taya has long black hair tied back in a ponytail, and pointed ears because of her part-elf (1/8) heritage. She always wears a long dark brown cloak.
Description: In Progress.

Hey, Beans, can you give us the URL of your forum?

bvdk99
2010-09-23, 07:24 PM
Beans, I know you despise me, but I'm interested in this idea; could I possibly be a part of it?

Creed
2010-09-23, 07:40 PM
I'll put a name in for Scorpio.
Basic character concept?
Jokingly considering Scorpion from Mortal Kombat.:smalltongue:

bvdk99
2010-09-23, 07:43 PM
@Creed: DO IT. :smalltongue:

I'm thinking of a character for Pisces.

Creed
2010-09-23, 07:48 PM
@Creed: DO IT. :smalltongue:

Yeah, either that or a swordsman with a katana and Scorpions throw-y thing. Ya' know the one.
It's Poyfect.
Creed, shut up, you're not from Brooklyn.
BROOKLYN RRAGE!

NOTE: The red text here symbolizes a friend of mine who is sitting nearby and who I will only reference as "Tom".
"Tom" says hi to all the young gamers floating around.

icastflare!
2010-09-23, 07:57 PM
Yeah, either that or a swordsman with a katana and Scorpions throw-y thing. Ya' know the one.
It's Poyfect.
Creed, shut up, you're not from Brooklyn.
BROOKLYN RRAGE!

NOTE: The red text here symbolizes a friend of mine who is sitting nearby and who I will only reference as "Tom".
"Tom" says hi to all the young gamers floating around.

Hi tom.

Yes creed. Scorpion all the way.

Zexion
2010-09-23, 08:01 PM
Make him able to phase through solid objects or release some ethereal flying fish from his chest that can kill people somehow.

bvdk99
2010-09-23, 08:06 PM
Make him able to phase through solid objects or release some ethereal flying fish from his chest that can kill people somehow.

How does the first one relate to pisces at all? And as for the second one, no offense, but that sounds like something out of an M. Night Shaymalan movie. :smalltongue:

Creed
2010-09-23, 08:12 PM
Hi tom.

Yes creed. Scorpion all the way.

Hello person who has a funny name.

Beans
2010-09-23, 08:17 PM
Beans, I know you despise me, but I'm interested in this idea; could I possibly be a part of it?
Depends where this is happening.
Here? Perhaps.
My forum? ... Ahem. Oh dear. Mostly because Yeti is there and Yeti doesn't believe you're real. Or he wishes you weren't.

Zex, that's not quite what I'm talking about. You'll see what I mean when it starts.

If you look up the signs on the Wiki-ma-Pedia, you see info and stuff.
The signs are associated with four elements (no points for guessing them) and that might help to draw some inspiration from.
I'm thinking of a character based on Aquarius. Her equipment would be... um...

bvdk99
2010-09-23, 08:19 PM
Depends where this is happening.
Here? Perhaps.
My forum? ... Ahem. Oh dear. Mostly because Yeti is there and Yeti doesn't believe you're real. Or he wishes you weren't.

Zex, that's not quite what I'm talking about. You'll see what I mean when it starts.

If you look up the signs on the Wiki-ma-Pedia, you see info and stuff.
The signs are associated with four elements (no points for guessing them) and that might help to draw some inspiration from.
I'm thinking of a character based on Aquarius. Her equipment would be... um...

Why? It wasn't my fault he was banned. I didn't know he hated me.

Beans
2010-09-23, 08:29 PM
*shrug*

Aquarius-girl might be more of a caster-type on missions... though at close range, her metal flagon with its knuckleduster grip would prove a brutal bludgeon.

First one: WAT. NOE.
Second: ALSO WAT. ALSO NOE.

Know what sounds workable for that one, though? Fish-shaped blade things that work sort of like Kratos's's's's's blades, all attached to the user's wrists and stuff.

Viera Champion
2010-09-23, 08:46 PM
I call Leo! Cuz I'm a Leo!

Beans
2010-09-23, 08:53 PM
I call Leo! Cuz I'm a Leo!
Leo's weapon is a scratching post. :D

waterpenguin43
2010-09-23, 09:10 PM
Hi guys... My computer SHOULD be back tommorow, so then I'll be on far more frequently.

As for Beans, tell me; are Capricorn or Cancer being used? Because I want one of them. I shall make ideas...

Beans
2010-09-23, 09:13 PM
I have heard no talk of Cappy or Can-Can being using.

Maximum Zersk
2010-09-23, 09:14 PM
Jumping in to say that I might join up in this roleplay that Beans is explaining. I already voted on what it was gonna be, but I don't know if that's already been chosen.

waterpenguin43
2010-09-23, 09:24 PM
I have heard no talk of Cappy or Can-Can being using.

Cool.

I have a smattering of ideas for them;

Cancer:
-An old/middle-aged man who can create a cocoon of water around him (shell) wielding a pair of gardening shears. (claws)
He's cranky, introverted and old, but he has empathy, warming up to the sad, depressed and misguided.
He takes extremely good care of his cottage by the sea, and can be seen limping along tending to the garden.

Capricorn:
A man (or woman) who can create walls of ice and grow ice horns on his (her?) head. He/She is good at adapting his plans and opinions, but is very hard-headed and stubborn.
He/She is a clever strategist and is skilled in adaptation.

I know they're both a little cliche, but they're just ideas...

Beans
2010-09-23, 09:30 PM
With 4 votes for Western Zodiac, it's clear what y'alls want.

WP: Weird, but pretty much works... sorta. Cancer is classed as a Water sign, but Capricorn is actually an Earth sign. Using Earth instead of Ice could work better for it, maybe?

Aquarius girl is being more finalized as a cloaked caster who manipulates liquids (Aquarius, water-bearer, her weapon is a goddamn bottle) and wind (Aquarius is, in what I find a hilarious twist, classed as an AIR SIGN) during missions.

Remember that these people have a mission of RAIDING AND CAUSING MISERY. The plan from High Command is to overload the ancient evil by giving it more sadfaec than it can handle.

Viera Champion
2010-09-23, 09:41 PM
What is Leos element?

Beans
2010-09-23, 09:45 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_%28astrology%29
Fire.
Night-night.

Oh, and it would be cool if everyone's weapon had an alternate "mini" form for portability.
For example, shears would shrink to small trimmers.

The Aquarius girl (name: Thalassa) has a flagon with a brass-knuckles handle; mini version is a little bottle with a finger-loop handle.

waterpenguin43
2010-09-23, 09:46 PM
With 4 votes for Western Zodiac, it's clear what y'alls want.

WP: Weird, but pretty much works... sorta. Cancer is classed as a Water sign, but Capricorn is actually an Earth sign. Using Earth instead of Ice could work better for it, maybe?

True, but I was thinking more along the lines of December... Anyway, it could be (as risk of sounding nerdy) permafrost.

Do you like my Cancer idea, though?

Beans
2010-09-23, 09:49 PM
It's cool... I'll get more stuff ideas stuff given taken had tomorrow Beans sleepnaotiem.

Viera Champion
2010-09-23, 10:28 PM
For the weapon/special power, can my character have a lighter, that when the flame is lit, turns him into a lion?

Zexion
2010-09-23, 10:41 PM
Saggitarius's element in Final Fantasy is apparently Soul. So could someone please explain to me what these powers are supposed to entail?

Also, Beans, what should my character be, with as little modifications as possible? :smallconfused:

waterpenguin43
2010-09-23, 11:03 PM
Saggitarius's element in Final Fantasy is apparently Soul. So could someone please explain to me what these powers are supposed to entail?

Also, Beans, what should my character be, with as little modifications as possible? :smallconfused:

Saggitarius is actually Water, IIRC. No offense, but I don't consider Final Fantasy to be a valid resource...

Zexion
2010-09-23, 11:04 PM
Saggitarius is actually Water, IIRC. No offense, but I don't consider Final Fantasy to be a valid resource...
Well, earlier in the thread Beans linked to a Final Fantasy article, saying something about using it...

Also, according to this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagittarius_%28astrology%29) Saggitarius is Fire.

waterpenguin43
2010-09-23, 11:12 PM
Well, earlier in the thread Beans linked to a Final Fantasy article, saying something about using it...

Also, according to this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagittarius_%28astrology%29) Saggitarius is Fire.

Whatever.

Ah, I see. My mistake. I seem to recall somebody showing me a chart with some Zodiac starting with an "S" as water during my aura treatment, but...

Zexion
2010-09-23, 11:13 PM
Whatever.

Ah, I see. My mistake. I seem to recall somebody showing me a chart with some Zodiac starting with an "S" as water during my aura treatment, but...
Uh huh. So maybe she shoots arrows that can explode...

waterpenguin43
2010-09-23, 11:16 PM
Oh, and it would be cool if everyone's weapon had an alternate "mini" form for portability.
For example, shears would shrink to small trimmers.

Yeah, that would be cool! Maybe he could have claw-like weapons that shrunk into shears...?

Creed
2010-09-24, 06:33 AM
Lawliett
Name: Lawliett Morgan
Alias/ Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
FF Element: Poison
Description: Lawliett, or Scorpio as he prefers to be called, is a tall, lithe man with mid-length white hair. He has green eyes. He wears a pair of black pants with many pockets and a black shirt, over which he wears a black overcoat with a red scorpion on the back and sometimes a black facemask. He has a tattoo of a scorpion on his lower left forearm.
Personality: Lawliett has a sharp, cynical wit and an acid tongue. He definately has no problem with his line of work, and when someone is hesitating to kill an innocent you can bet for sure he's gonna yell "FINISH HIM!"
Abilities: Lawliett, being a scion of the Scorpio sign, can create poisons and venoms from his own blood.
(Possible other power revolving around disease since there is no sign associated with it and it's kinda like poison, approval?)
Equipment: A katana that shrinks down to a silver necklace and Scorpion's throwy thing on a chain, you know the one, the thingy that he throws alot. It's like his signature move, you can't miss it.

bvdk99
2010-09-24, 09:15 AM
Well, that's a bit mean if I'm the ONLY one who can't join... :smallannoyed:

Either way, assuming Beans changes his mind :smalltongue:, I'm thinking of Pisces/Libra ideas...

Edit: Well Beans, what do you think?:

Name: Deborah Roose
Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Element: Fire Water
Description: A woman of average height and weight. She has shoulder-length black hair, with a single silver streak at the front, dark blue eyes, and tanned skin. She wears a white shirt, a blue-grey coat, and white pants.
Personality: A spiritual, merciful, and peaceful pacifist, Deborah is a calm individual. Though she doesn't agree with whoever's choice it was to make a bunch of sadfaces, she's coming along to make sure everyone else isn't TOO evil, and such.
Weapons: Coming soon...

Beans
2010-09-24, 05:08 PM
Looks reasonable enough.

Viera Champion
2010-09-24, 05:17 PM
For the weapon/special power, can my character have a lighter, that when the flame is lit, turns him into a lion?

What about this Beansiekins?

Creed
2010-09-24, 05:18 PM
Beans, while your on, could I add Disease to the Scorpio domain since no other sign touches on it and it's kinda like poison?
If no, it's totally K, but I was just wondering.:smallbiggrin:

Beans
2010-09-24, 05:19 PM
What about this Beansiekins?
Lulz. Works.

Creed... eh, I guess... but go easy on it.

Creed
2010-09-24, 05:22 PM
Lulz. Works.

Creed... eh, I guess... but go easy on it.

If it's not fine just say so, it's no biggy really. It's more of a "We are causing sad face. Let's cause a plague on these crops." than "Blah! Leprosy on you foo'!"

Viera Champion
2010-09-24, 05:23 PM
Yay! Pyro kitty guy!

icastflare!
2010-09-24, 05:41 PM
I have no idea what I am gonna do for weapons for my Gemeni character. thinking maybe about something involving dual wielding or something.

Viera Champion
2010-09-24, 05:49 PM
Can someone who has TWO working hands please explainto me what this challenge is?

Zexion
2010-09-24, 05:51 PM
So, Beans, when you said that my character wasn't what the RP was supposed to be, did you mean she's not special agent-y enough?

icastflare!
2010-09-24, 05:52 PM
Can someone who has TWO working hands please explainto me what this challenge is?

Basically the gods were all like " Lets build a challenge thing. who ever survives gets stuff." the campers were all like " okay" and now they are going through it. It has a level for each of the olympians.

Beans
2010-09-24, 05:52 PM
So, Beans, when you said that my character wasn't what the RP was supposed to be, did you mean she's not special agent-y enough?
... Not quite technomagic neomedieval like the setting is. You need more techno and neo mostly.

Zexion
2010-09-24, 05:54 PM
... Not quite technomagic neomedieval like the setting is. You need more techno and neo mostly.
Okay, I'll give the avvie an electronic targeting monacle, and change the bow to look more high-tech. Actually, can I make the bow fire bolts of explosive energy, or is that OP?

Beans
2010-09-24, 05:56 PM
Okay, I'll give the avvie an electronic targeting monacle, and change the bow to look more high-tech. Actually, can I make the bow fire bolts of explosive energy, or is that OP?
... Maybe having special splodey arrows for very special times would work.

And perhaps the bow's mini form is a bow-shaped brooch?

bvdk99
2010-09-24, 05:58 PM
Is it okay if Deborah has healing powers?

Viera Champion
2010-09-24, 05:59 PM
Basically the gods were all like " Lets build a challenge thing. who ever survives gets stuff." the campers were all like " okay" and now they are going through it. It has a level for each of the olympians.

Darn, it would have been fun to put Andromeda in that. All the boys would be making sure she won.:smalltongue:

Beans
2010-09-24, 06:00 PM
Is it okay if Deborah has healing powers?
A medic would be welcome.

Maybe her equipment is fishy boots that let her go fast and stuff?

Creed
2010-09-24, 06:00 PM
I think I'll just keep Scorpio dude as is, and not add disease. Too many chances for OP.
Updating the post on last page on my character...

bvdk99
2010-09-24, 06:02 PM
A medic would be welcome.

Maybe her equipment is fishy boots that let her go fast and stuff?

:smallsmile:

No offence, but how does that represent Pisces, really? :smallconfused:

Hm... any other ideas for equipment?

Zexion
2010-09-24, 06:03 PM
... Maybe having special splodey arrows for very special times would work.

And perhaps the bow's mini form is a bow-shaped brooch?
Hm... so she has the power to make arrows explode? Sounds good...
Unless, instead, she could make arrows phase through solid objects... because that would be even awesomer. :smallbiggrin:

I was actually thinking she would have one bracelet on each arm, one to hold the bow when she's not using it, and one to contain miniature arrows that she can enlarge one at a time to fire.

Beans
2010-09-24, 06:04 PM

No offence, but how does that represent Pisces, really? :smallconfused:

Hm... any other ideas for equipment?
Pisces is two fish. And a healer would benefit from being able to quickly reach people.
Perhaps it would be as if the fish swam through the air on her feet or something.
Le shrug.

Hm... so she has the power to make arrows explode? Sounds good...
Unless, instead, she could make arrows phase through solid objects... because that would be even awesomer. :smallbiggrin:

I was actually thinking she would have one bracelet on each arm, one to hold the bow when she's not using it, and one to contain miniature arrows that she can enlarge one at a time to fire.
No, I meant that she could havenormal arrows and also specific splodey arrows. Homemade, not a lot of them at a time, so they would be used for important things and not OP spammed.
Phasing through objects is a bit OP in my opinion.

Zexion
2010-09-24, 06:11 PM
No, I meant she has normal arrows and also she has specific splodey arrows.
Phasing through objects is a bit OP in my opinion.
Oh, okay. And yeah, I see your point. New Tara:
http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/6681/taya.png

Creed
2010-09-24, 06:17 PM
Lawliett
Name: Lawliett Morgan
Alias/ Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
FF Element: Poison
Description: Lawliett, or Scorpio as he prefers to be called, is a tall, lithe man with mid-length white hair. He has green eyes. He wears a pair of black pants with many pockets and a black shirt, over which he wears a black overcoat with a red scorpion on the back and sometimes a black facemask. He has a tattoo of a scorpion on his lower left forearm.
Personality: Lawliett has a sharp, cynical wit and an acid tongue. He definately has no problem with his line of work, and when someone is hesitating to kill an innocent you can bet for sure he's gonna yell "FINISH HIM!"
Abilities: Lawliett, being a scion of the Scorpio sign, can create poisons and venoms from his own blood.
(Possible other power revolving around disease since there is no sign associated with it and it's kinda like poison, approval?)
Equipment: A katana that shrinks down to a silver necklace and Scorpion's throwy thing on a chain, you know the one, the thingy that he throws alot. It's like his signature move, you can't miss it.

repost for convience. Thoughts? Soup?

Beans
2010-09-24, 06:21 PM
By the way, guys, do y'all actually want to use the Final Fantasy elements?

For convenienting:

Aries: Fire
Taurus: Wind
Gemini: Death
Cancer: Gravity
Leo: Earth
Virgo: Light
Libra: Energy
Scorpio: Poison
Sagittarius: Soul
Capricorn: Thunder
Aquarius: Water
Pisces: Ice

Or go with the astrological elements:
* Fire - Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius

* Earth - Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn

* Air - Gemini, Libra, and Aquarius

* Water - Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces

Creed
2010-09-24, 06:23 PM
FF elements. It makes each character bring something special to the party.:smallbiggrin:

bvdk99
By the way, guys, do y'all actually want to use the Final Fantasy elements?

For convenienting:

Aries: Fire
Gemini: Death
Leo: Earth
Sagittarius: Soul

Or go with the astrological elements:
* Fire - Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius

* Earth - Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn

* Air - Gemini, Libra, and Aquarius

* Water - Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces

I think the FF ones are kind of dumb, but...

Zexion
repost for convience. Thoughts? Soup?
Want an avatar of that? I'm already doing one for bvdk.

EDIT: For the FF ones, I'm not sure what powers Soul would entail, so...

Beans
2010-09-24, 06:26 PM
I think the FF ones are kind of dumb, but...
Why do you consider them dumb?
I'm sure we could edit them---I mean, "Soul" is a pretty crappy excuse for an element. What would go better with an archer? Um...

FF element good point: adds uniqueness.

Triplicity element good point: divides charries into groups.
We could edit the Triplicity elements too if people want.

bvdk99
2010-09-24, 06:28 PM
Why do you consider them dumb?
I'm sure we could edit them---I mean, "Soul" is a pretty crappy excuse for an element. What would go better with an archer? Um...

FF element good point: adds uniqueness.

Triplicity element good point: divides charries into groups.
We could edit the Triplicity elements too if people want.

Half of them don't make sense. How does Gemini represent death at all? Leo is Earth? Capricorn is SOUL? Like, c'mon!

Creed
2010-09-24, 06:29 PM
Want an avatar of that? I'm already doing one for bvdk.

No, I'm fine. This is actually a reused character from an old RP and I'm searching the 20 jump drives I keep by my computer for the image I already have of him...

Beans
2010-09-24, 06:30 PM
Mostly it's the idea of every sign having a unique element...

Aries: Fire ??
Taurus: Wind Earth?
Gemini: Death ??
Leo: Earth Fire
Libra: Energy (??)
Sagittarius: Soul Wind perhaps?

Creed
2010-09-24, 06:34 PM
Aries: Fire Force
Gemini: Death Life
Sagittarius: Soul Earth perhaps?

bvdk99
2010-09-24, 06:36 PM
Mostly it's the idea of every sign having a unique element...

Aries: Fire ??
Gemini: Death ??
Libra: Energy (??)
Sagittarius: Soul Earth perhaps?

I'm like an expert on the Zodiac, this is what I think:

Aries: Sun
Taurus: Rock
Gemini: Air
Cancer: Water
Leo: Fire
Libra: Aether or Energy or something like that.
Scorpio: Ice suits it best, but if Creed likes the poison idea, then go ahead.
Saggitarius: Wind
Capricorn: Earth
Aquarius: Water/Mist
Pisces: Water

Note: TAURUS CANNOT BE WIND. It is the earthiest element of them all, not airy WHATSOEVER.

icastflare!
2010-09-24, 06:38 PM
I made a rough draft of my character. I need to think of a mini form for her blades.

Name: Jenny Pacella
Alias/ Zodiac Sign: Gemeni
FF Element: Thunder
Description: A small women with green eyes and short brown hair. She wears a Blue shirt and brown pants. she also wears 2 silver ear rings.
Abilities. Abilitys to make clones of herself with a maximum of 2. She gets weaker for every clone made.
Equipment. 2 short swords. Have not decided what their miniform

Zexion
2010-09-24, 06:38 PM
Yeeeeeeeessssss. :smallbiggrin:

Here's your avatar, bvdk. It's more avatar-sized. :smallbiggrin:
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/7117/deborah.png

Beans
2010-09-24, 06:40 PM

Gemini:
Like an expert. In what way?

Also, how does ice suit Scorpio better than poison? Scorpions do not live frequently in icy climates and they have venomous stingers. I know the triplicity elements state that Scorpio is water, but we're not tied down to those anyway.
Having multiple people with Water is not so snazzy either.

waterpenguin43
2010-09-24, 06:40 PM

Note: TAURUS CANNOT BE WIND. It is the earthiest element of them all, not airy WHATSOEVER.

Hm... I like yours the best, but I don't think Pisces, Cancer AND Aquarius should be water.

Creed
2010-09-24, 06:41 PM

The bolded is true.
Creed likes poison. And it makes sense. Scorpion=Poison (technically venom. If you don't know the difference then you need to know.) There is no science.:smallbiggrin:

bvdk99
2010-09-24, 06:42 PM
Hm... I like yours the best, but I don't think Pisces, Cancer AND Aquarius should be water.

That's true... But they all fit!! :smalltongue:

Beans
2010-09-24, 06:43 PM
Gemini: Thunder (Wind and Air are too close to have both)
Cancer: Ice (Ice is hard water. Crabs have hard shells.)
Aquarius: Moon (Moon influences tides. Water. Aquarius. Oh, and water is featured in the Moon Tarot card.)

My idea, using B's as a springboard. Edits still possible.

bvdk99
2010-09-24, 06:43 PM
Like an expert. In what way?

Also, how does ice suit Scorpio better than poison? Scorpions do not live frequently in icy climates and they have venomous stingers. I know the triplicity elements state that Scorpio is water, but we're not tied down to those anyway.
Having multiple people with Water is not so snazzy either.

I've researched. A lot.

You're thinking too literally. Scorpio's are known to be icy or cold people, and merciless too.

Zexion
2010-09-24, 06:45 PM
Here's your avatar, bvdk. It's more avatar-sized. :smallbiggrin:
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/7117/deborah.png
Reposting.

Creed
2010-09-24, 06:46 PM
Aquarius: Moon (Moon influences tides. Water. Aquarius.)

I like dis.

bvdk99
2010-09-24, 06:46 PM
Reposting.

:yuk:

Just kidding. Could you make a few changes, though? First of all, you forgot the silver streak in her hair, and her hair should be more bowl shaped, with the bangs swept to one side instead of parted in the middle.

icastflare!
2010-09-24, 06:47 PM
Aquarius: Moon (Moon influences tides. Water. Aquarius. Oh, and water is featured in the Moon Tarot card.)

Seems good. Makes sense.

waterpenguin43
2010-09-24, 06:48 PM

I like that idea, but Aquarius should probably be Mist, as that carries water across the seas. And Moon is kind of... bah...
Gemini might be Masculinity/Feminity or Birth/Death, as those better suit the theme of twins.

bvdk99
2010-09-24, 06:48 PM

Cancer should be moon. Cancer's aren't icy. Again, I think you're being a bit too literal with a few of them.

Aquarius should just be water or mist, in my opinion.

And finally, Gemini isn't Thundery at all. It's an air element. And wind and air are different things, by the way.

Zexion
2010-09-24, 06:49 PM
:yuk:

Just kidding. Could you make a few changes, though? First of all, you forgot the silver streak in her hair, and her hair should be more bowl shaped, with the bangs swept to one side instead of parted in the middle.
http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/7117/deborah.png

bvdk99
2010-09-24, 06:50 PM
http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/7117/deborah.png

Sorry if I'm being picky, but maybe a bit more volume to the hair? :smalltongue:

Zexion
2010-09-24, 06:53 PM
Sorry if I'm being picky, but maybe a bit more volume to the hair? :smalltongue:
You are being pretty picky. This is the last remake:
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/6365/deborahb.png

Creed
2010-09-24, 06:54 PM

This made Tom LOL.
Why shouldn't it? It's a stick figure!? With volumtuous hair!?
Shut up Tom.

Beans
2010-09-24, 06:56 PM
I've researched. A lot.

You're thinking too literally. Scorpio's are known to be icy or cold people, and merciless too.

Cancer should be moon. Cancer's aren't icy. Again, I think you're being a bit too literal with a few of them.

Aquarius should just be water or mist, in my opinion.

And finally, Gemini isn't Thundery at all. It's an air element. And wind and air are different things, by the way.
It may be "too literal", but it's practical. I am not tying myself down to either triplicity or the FFXII elements.
Pisces as water brings up the soothing qualities of water if paired with your healer chick.
And Aquarius as Mist would not work very well for the caster-chick I have in mind. A fog machine! She can make it hard to see! Sure, that's valuable, but narrow. Bringing in the moon connects it back to water due to the association between the moon and water.
Gemini isn't thundery, true, and I know not all air is wind. However, wind is air that happens to be moving, and having Air and Wind is just too close.

Though how Moon would be used as an element would be a bit of a thing. It's a thing, ohh man.
Probably would involve some gravity-based things (such as minor self-levitation and moderate manipulation of one's own gravity) and perhaps a small overlap with some aspects of Light and Water.

bvdk99
2010-09-24, 06:58 PM
It may be "too literal", but it's practical. I am not tying myself down to either triplicity or the FFXII elements.
Pisces as water brings up the soothing qualities of water if paired with your healer chick.
And Aquarius as Mist would not work very well for the caster-chick I have in mind. A fog machine! She can make it hard to see! Sure, that's valuable, but narrow. Bringing in the moon connects it back to water due to the association between the moon and water.
Gemini isn't thundery, true, and I know not all air is wind. However, wind is air that happens to be moving, and having Air and Wind is just too close.

Though how Moon would be used as an element would be a bit of a thing. It's a thing, ohh man.
Probably would involve some gravity-based things (such as minor self-levitation and moderate manipulation of one's own gravity) and perhaps a small overlap with some aspects of Light and Water.

Moon should definitely be cancer, then. Aquarius is purely freshwater, while Moon is only associated with the sea. Crabs + freshwater = nopeeee. Crabs + seawater = yepppp.

Zexion
2010-09-24, 06:59 PM
Moon should definitely be cancer, then. Aquarius is purely freshwater, while Moon is only associated with the sea. Crabs + freshwater = nopeeee. Crabs + seawater = yepppp.
She just said that she wanted Aquarius to be Moon. :smallconfused:

waterpenguin43
2010-09-24, 07:00 PM

What's your opinion on my suggestions? :smallredface:

Zexion
2010-09-24, 07:03 PM
So, for group roles, this is what I have so far:

Aries: ?
Taurus: ?
Gemini: ?
Cancer: ?
Leo: ?
Virgo: ?
Libra: ?
Scorpio: Tank
Saggitarius: Sniper
Capricorn: ?
Aquarius: Caster
Pisces: Healer

icastflare!
2010-09-24, 07:03 PM
This made Tom LOL.
Why shouldn't it? It's a stick figure!? With volumtuous hair!?
Shut up Tom.

Hey tom.

Hey Beans. Anything wrong with the character. All I need to think of is the weapons miniform.
Name: Jenny Pacella
Alias/ Zodiac Sign: Gemeni
FF Element: Thunder
Description: A small women with green eyes and short brown hair. She wears a Blue shirt and brown pants. she also wears 2 silver ear rings.
Abilities. Abilitys to make clones of herself with a maximum of 2. She gets weaker for every clone made.
Equipment. 2 short swords. Have not decided what their miniform

Beans
2010-09-24, 07:04 PM
There are freshwater crabs.

And the Moon tarot card depicts it "shedding the fertilizing dew in great drops." Dew non est salty.

I like that idea, but Aquarius should probably be Mist, as that carries water across the seas. And Moon is kind of... bah...
Gemini might be Masculinity/Feminity or Birth/Death, as those better suit the theme of twins.
Again, I bring up the fact that Mist as an element is somewhat limited.
Aquarius moves water. The Moon moves the tides.

Or we can have Cancer be Butterscotch, Aquarius be Custard, and Gemini be Sweet and Sour sauce. :smalltongue:

Gemini... there's a better choice than Thunder, true. Something based on some duality.

Flare, sure.

Viera Champion
2010-09-24, 07:05 PM
Hey Zexion? Can I have a fire Leo avatar? I will work on my characters page now.

Creed
2010-09-24, 07:05 PM
I was thinking more along this line, using base adnd/WoW stuffs...

Aries: Tank
Taurus: Tank
Gemini: DPS
Leo: Tank
Scorpio: Rogue/DPS
Saggitarius: DPS
Aquarius: DPS/HEALZ
Pisces: Healz

bvdk99
2010-09-24, 07:06 PM
There are freshwater crabs.

And the Moon tarot card depicts it "shedding the fertilizing dew in great drops." Dew non est salty.

Or we can have Cancer be Butterscotch, Aquarius be Custard, and Gemini be Sweet and Sour sauce. :smalltongue:

Gemini... there's a better choice than Thunder, true. Something based on some duality.

Flare, sure.

But the moon and freshwater have NOTHING TO DO WITH EACH OTHER. Cancer's planet is the moon. Please, just agree with me!

waterpenguin43
2010-09-24, 07:06 PM

Well, it could be Weather, though it's your say.

Kayoote. :smalltongue:

Thanks, I guess.

icastflare!
2010-09-24, 07:08 PM
I was thinking more along this line, using base adnd/WoW stuffs...

Leo: Tank

Now your speaking my language. I always thought of Aries as dps though. Like a fury warrior or in dnd terms, a barbarian.

Beans
2010-09-24, 07:09 PM
But the moon and freshwater have NOTHING TO DO WITH EACH OTHER. Cancer's planet is the moon. Please, just agree with me!
I am not liable to "just agree" at the drop of a hat.
... Suggest me an element more fitting than Moon for Aquarius other than Mist. If that element is taken by some sign, then tell what that sign could have instead.
I'm listening.

waterpenguin43
2010-09-24, 07:10 PM
... Suggest me an element more fitting than Moon for Aquarius other than Mist. If that element is taken by some sign, then tell what that sign could have instead.
I'm listening.

I suggested Weather as an alternative for Mist.

bvdk99
2010-09-24, 07:11 PM
I'm listening.

As WP said, Weather could be a good option. OR JUST PLAIN WATER. (Pisces could be water too; I don't think two waters is TOO much.)

Creed
2010-09-24, 07:11 PM
Now your speaking my language. I always thought of Aries as dps though. Like a fury warrior or in dnd terms, a barbarian.

Yes, but I have created a mathmatical formulae for the perfect D&D party

.5T X D = A
A/2= HC

T=tank
D= DPS
A= Attack Troops
HC=Healers and Casters

Beans
2010-09-24, 07:12 PM
As WP said, Weather could be a good option. OR JUST PLAIN WATER. (Pisces could be water too; I don't think two waters is TOO much.)
... Weather => Clouds => Carrying Water. Works.

Gemini: (some duality thing)
Cancer: Moon
Sagittarius: Wind
Aquarius: Weather

Any other problems?

bvdk99
2010-09-24, 07:13 PM
... Weather => Clouds => Carrying Water. Works.

Yayyyy! No more arguments! :smallsmile:

Viera Champion
2010-09-24, 07:13 PM
I hate having Tank characters. Can Leo be the group's speedster instead?

Beans
2010-09-24, 07:15 PM

Any other problems?

And Aq is gonna be more offensive than healy.

bvdk99
2010-09-24, 07:16 PM

Any other problems?

And Aq is gonna be more offensive than healy.

Works for me, though I'm having trouble grasping the concept of someone with energy powers... how would it work?

waterpenguin43
2010-09-24, 07:16 PM

He could be a speedy attacker. Sort of like a "Lightning Bruiser", as Tvtropes puts it.

Zexion
2010-09-24, 07:18 PM
Hey Zexion? Can I have a fire Leo avatar? I will work on my characters page now.
Sure! :smallsmile:

Beans
2010-09-24, 07:18 PM
Works for me, though I'm having trouble grasping the concept of someone with energy powers... how would it work?
Uh... Libra is scales... something to do with the balance of energy in stuff?

For example, draining energy from a foe to tire them and rejuvenate oneself, or releasing one's own energy in a powerful strike.

Viera Champion
2010-09-24, 07:20 PM
He could be a speedy attacker. Sort of like a "Lightning Bruiser", as Tvtropes puts it.

That works, I just like my characters to be quick killing blows characters.

I'll get started on Samuel right away.

Sure! :smallsmile:

Thanks!:smallbiggrin:

waterpenguin43
2010-09-24, 07:23 PM
That works, I just like my characters to be quick killing blows characters.

I'll get started on Samuel right away.

Thanks!:smallbiggrin:
:smalleek:

You... Name thief!! :smallmad::smalltongue:

Also, Beans, can you post a link to your forum?

Creed
2010-09-24, 07:24 PM

Kay

Cancer: ? (Tank?)
Leo: Speedster/ DPS
Virgo: ? (MOAR healz?)
Libra: 3.5 Monkish guy (DPS)
Capricorn: ?(?)

Beans
2010-09-24, 07:25 PM

I will once I find out if Yeti still wants in. I showed him the sign chart and asked him what he wanted, and I await his reply.

waterpenguin43
2010-09-24, 07:25 PM
Kay

Cancer: ? (Tank?)
Leo: Speedster/ DPS
Virgo: ? (MOAR healz?)
Libra: 3.5 Monkish guy (DPS)
Capricorn: ?(?)

If my character for Cancer works, it's sort of the opposite of a Glass Cannon. He's an old man.

Viera Champion
2010-09-24, 07:26 PM

Huh? You were using that name?

waterpenguin43
2010-09-24, 07:27 PM
Huh? You were using that name?

I am using that name. In real life.

It's my RP name, you see.

Viera Champion
2010-09-24, 07:28 PM
I am using that name. In real life.

It's my RP name, you see.

Huh? Is it your name or what? I is confuzzled.

Viera Champion
2010-09-24, 07:30 PM
Aha! See! you guys always start the cool stuff when I am in my quitting period (AKA the challenge). So now I don't get to do the cool things. Now I won't quit just so I can stay for the cool things. But I wanted to be in the challenge!:smallfrown:

waterpenguin43
2010-09-24, 07:31 PM
Huh? Is it your name or what? I is confuzzled.

It's my name in real life.

waterpenguin43
2010-09-24, 07:34 PM
Aha! See! you guys always start the cool stuff when I am in my quitting period (AKA the challenge). So now I don't get to do the cool things. Now I won't quit just so I can stay for the cool things. But I wanted to be in the challenge!:smallfrown:

That's good of you. If you stay, you get to have nice things.

Beans
2010-09-24, 07:46 PM
Um.

Awkward.

Yeti explains that he has, since he joined GITP, wanted to do a wind-based assassin character and asks Zex if he could have Sagittarius, or at least the element of Wind. I'm sure that we could give Saggy a new element if we tried.

He says that if Zex will let him have it, he will be grateful. If not, he will rework his character. And hate Zexion's buttpants until they become short shorts.

Zexion
2010-09-24, 07:48 PM
Um.

Awkward.

Yeti explains that he has, since he joined GITP, wanted to do a wind-based assassin character and asks Zex if he could have Sagittarius, or at least the element of Wind. I'm sure that we could give Saggy a new element if we tried.

He says that if Zex will let him have it, he will be grateful. If not, he will rework his character. And hate Zexion's buttpants until they become short shorts.
:smallannoyed::smallannoyed::smallannoyed:

Can't he use Capricorn or something? Or maybe they could be like an exception to the rule, and work very closely together...
*shrugs*

Beans
2010-09-24, 07:50 PM
Eh...
Mostly it's Wind he wants.

I know Thunder isn't quite related to Saggy, but... I dunno, LIGHTNING ARROWS?

Zexion
2010-09-24, 07:51 PM
Eh...
Mostly it's Wind he wants.

I know Thunder isn't quite related to Saggy, but... I dunno, LIGHTNING ARROWS?
Sure. Completely and utterly and totally, if she doesn't ever need ammo and can just shoot bolts of lightning.

Beans
2010-09-24, 07:52 PM
That's straying into OP territory...
But charging arrows with lightning still works.
Doesn't have to be Thunder if you want another element... Ice? Light? (Nobody's taken Virgo!)

waterpenguin43
2010-09-24, 07:53 PM
My character (I'm calling him Jerome) wields a scissor-like blade which emits a viscid substance, clinging to his opponent before he finishes them off.

Creed
2010-09-24, 07:53 PM
My character (I'm calling him Jerome) wields a scissor-like blade which emits a viscid substance, clinging to his opponent before he finishes them off.

Poetic...:smalltongue:

Zexion
2010-09-24, 07:54 PM
That's straying into OP territory...
But charging arrows with lightning still works.
Doesn't have to be Thunder if you want another element... Ice? Light? (Nobody's taken Virgo!)
'Kay. That fits with the miniature-metal-arrows thing, kinda. And she still has some exploding arrows.

Beans
2010-09-24, 08:00 PM
Gemini: (some duality thing) = Flare
Cancer: Moon = WP
Leo: Fire = Shiro
Virgo: Wind = Yeti
Scorpio: Poison = Creed
Sagittarius: Thunder = Zex
Aquarius: Weather = Beans
Pisces: Water = BVDK

Okay, next post brings link to my forum.

waterpenguin43
2010-09-24, 08:02 PM
Gemini: (some duality thing) = Flare
Cancer: Moon = WP
Leo: Fire = Shiro
Virgo: Wind = Yeti
Scorpio: Poison = Creed
Sagittarius: Thunder = Zex
Aquarius: Weather = Beans
Pisces: Water = BVDK

Okay, next post brings link to my forum.

How 'bout my character pulls water around himself using Gravity?

Beans
2010-09-24, 08:09 PM
Works.

http://laurenbeanssaff.forumotion.com/twelve-signs-f6/12s-ooc-thread-t54.htm#20934

Join up, childrins.

waterpenguin43
2010-09-24, 08:13 PM
Works.

http://laurenbeanssaff.forumotion.com/twelve-signs-f6/12s-ooc-thread-t54.htm#20934

Join up, childrins.

Whenever I try to log in, it says my password is wrong. :smallfrown:

Beans
2010-09-24, 08:14 PM
Whenever I try to log in, it says my password is wrong. :smallfrown:
Um... did you make an account?
If you did, PM me and I'll mod it all out.

Zexion
2010-09-24, 08:26 PM
Should we name our account after our in-RP characters? :smallconfused:

Viera Champion
2010-09-24, 08:28 PM
Should we name our account after our in-RP characters? :smallconfused:

Don't be silly. Your account name should be Zexion. Except mine is still Kurama cuz I decided not to change it.

Zexion
2010-09-24, 08:32 PM
Don't be silly. Your account name should be Zexion. Except mine is still Kurama cuz I decided not to change it.
K. You know, Andromeda still hasn't responded to Azar...

And Beans, apparently my account isn't working either.

icastflare!
2010-09-24, 08:51 PM
Beans, I cant log into my account.

Beans
2010-09-24, 08:56 PM
Many others have had that problem so far...

They worked out okay.
Keep trying and checking and if it fails, I will help.

Gimliggamer
2010-10-09, 12:30 AM
idiosyncratic ungrammatical syntax
Best three word combo C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!!

Oh yeah, and I'm back from my unannounced three(two?) week absence. Fill me in if you wish. And I found out I didn't need to reread the old one.:smallannoyed: o hai, four pages of arguing.:smallmad:
Death to Pandapaults (Panduchets?) of Doom.

(Jason, Arthur, Matt and Alice)
Hm. So the teams each swapped two people?

ZOMG I cant log into to Beans' forum!?
*coughremindertoactivatetheaccountfromyouremailcou gh*

icastflare!
2010-10-14, 05:05 PM
I am also back from an unexplained absence. Expect another one around the 19th.

M. Mayonnaise
2010-10-18, 08:25 PM
Hey, I saw this mentioned in the FFRP central thread - can I sign up? :smallbiggrin:

Gimliggamer
2010-10-18, 08:26 PM
Hey, I saw this mentioned in the FFRP central thread - can I sign up? :smallbiggrin:
Yes! Absosplendiferously! Wait a minute.....you look in need of an avatar....:smallconfused::smalltongue:

Zexion
2010-10-18, 08:30 PM
you look in need of an avatar....:smallconfused::smalltongue:
And I am an avatar-maker! Unless you want to help him, Gimli?

M. Mayonnaise
2010-10-18, 08:37 PM
Well I'd be much obliged if anyone made me an avatar, but you don't have to, of course. What all do I have to do to get started making a character and such?

Zexion
2010-10-18, 08:50 PM
Well I'd be much obliged if anyone made me an avatar, but you don't have to, of course. What all do I have to do to get started making a character and such?
First, brainstorm, then write out a character sheet.

M. Mayonnaise
2010-10-18, 09:17 PM
Right. Okay, I have this idea for an unusual character in the Percy Jackson universe, so let me know if its alright with you guys.

Okay, I've been brainstorming, and, as always, I wrote a bit much. :smallredface: Soo... here is my character concept. What kind of character sheet do you use in a freeform game?
My idea is this teenage boy, devoutly Christian who's out and about with his mother - the only immediate family he has - when they're attacked by a beast straight out of the Greek mythos. Though he lost track of his mother during the fight, through what seems like sheer luck he survived for a long while against the beast before being saved by a demigod who was hunting the monster that had attacked him. Based on the boy's almost supernatural resilience, the demigod thought that he might be one of the children of the Greek gods.
The demigod took the shell-shocked boy to Camp Half-Blood, wanting to test his/her theory, and lo and behold, the boy was able to enter. The instructors there told the boy about their world and the Greek gods, and that he was probably one of their children.
The boy denied the truth of these false gods - even after seeing some of the things even the demigods were capable of, he insisted that they were simply people who had been given gifts from God, and that it was wrong to assert their "godhood" simply because they were gifted.
Regardless, with nowhere else to go, the boy stayed at Camp Half-Blood. One of the instructors promised that they would search for his mother to find out what exactly had happened that night, but so far there has been no word.
The boy began to take part in training exercises in the meanwhile. Though he's clumsy and not particularly strong, he has undeniable force of will and.. something else. He just doesn't lose. He gets beaten to a pulp, knocked down, bowled over, even cut pretty seriously, but somehow it just happens that he never takes enough punishment to keep him down. He doesn't always win, per say.. but the only thing that can keep him from continuing to fight is when the match is declared over by the instructors. Aside from this, though, he's exhibited no salient divine powers, and denies fervently that he has power from any source other than God.
Almost everyone is in agreement that he is truly a demigod, however. Strangely, though, not a one of the gods of Olympus have claimed him as their own.

Zexion
2010-10-18, 09:22 PM
Right. Okay, I have this idea for an unusual character in the Percy Jackson universe, so let me know if its alright with you guys.

Okay, I've been brainstorming, and, as always, I wrote a bit much. :smallredface: Soo... here is my character concept. What kind of character sheet do you use in a freeform game?
My idea is this teenage boy, devoutly Christian who's out and about with his mother - the only immediate family he has - when they're attacked by a beast straight out of the Greek mythos. Though he lost track of his mother during the fight, through what seems like sheer luck he survived for a long while against the beast before being saved by a demigod who was hunting the monster that had attacked him. Based on the boy's almost supernatural resilience, the demigod thought that he might be one of the children of the Greek gods.
The demigod took the shell-shocked boy to Camp Half-Blood, wanting to test his/her theory, and lo and behold, the boy was able to enter. The instructors there told the boy about their world and the Greek gods, and that he was probably one of their children.
The boy denied the truth of these false gods - even after seeing some of the things even the demigods were capable of, he insisted that they were simply people who had been given gifts from God, and that it was wrong to assert their "godhood" simply because they were gifted.
Regardless, with nowhere else to go, the boy stayed at Camp Half-Blood. One of the instructors promised that they would search for his mother to find out what exactly had happened that night, but so far there has been no word.
The boy began to take part in training exercises in the meanwhile. Though he's clumsy and not particularly strong, he has undeniable force of will and.. something else. He just doesn't lose. He gets beaten to a pulp, knocked down, bowled over, even cut pretty seriously, but somehow it just happens that he never takes enough punishment to keep him down. He doesn't always win, per say.. but the only thing that can keep him from continuing to fight is when the match is declared over by the instructors. Aside from this, though, he's exhibited no salient divine powers, and denies fervently that he has power from any source other than God.
Almost everyone is in agreement that he is truly a demigod, however. Strangely, though, not a one of the gods of Olympus have claimed him as their own.
Er... there are rules against referencing religion on these forums, so... I don't think that would work.

M. Mayonnaise
2010-10-18, 09:24 PM
Really? Not even as a character concept?
Alright then, well, I'll see if another idea occurs to me later.

waterpenguin43
2010-10-18, 09:57 PM
Really? Not even as a character concept?
Alright then, well, I'll see if another idea occurs to me later.

I like that idea, personally. You could ask the mods, if you want. If they do allow it, just try and avoid too many Unfortunate Implications.

Creed
2010-10-19, 06:14 AM
My dictatorship of fun does not demand, but strongly suggests a Catholic Demigod.
:smallbiggrin:

waterpenguin43
2010-10-19, 06:31 PM
My dictatorship of fun does not demand, but strongly suggests a Catholic Demigod.
:smallbiggrin:

I know, it sounds like intense fun.

IcemanJRC
2010-10-19, 06:57 PM
Megatron is the lamest transformer ever....

waterpenguin43
2010-10-19, 07:10 PM
Megatron is the lamest transformer ever....

... Um... Jah... RP? :smallsmile:

Creed
2010-10-19, 07:11 PM
... Um... Jah... RP? :smallsmile:

to da IC!
*NANANANANAH!*

icastflare!
2010-11-12, 06:17 PM
Hey guys, what did I miss in my absence.

Gimliggamer
2010-12-12, 04:08 PM
Okay guys, think of this: A way to make vampires in CHB....child of HADES!! Mwahahahaha! Vampire character coming soon.....

Viera Champion
2010-12-12, 06:10 PM
Awwww... sorry peoples... I don't think I'm coming back here unless you guys REALLY want me too because I just keep leaving.

icastflare!
2010-12-13, 04:21 PM
Hey guys! I am back from not posting since forever.

Viera Champion
2010-12-13, 06:23 PM
Ok guys, I'm going to try returning one more time, and if I can't keep my promise to stay, I swear I won't waste your time ever again.

icastflare!
2010-12-13, 06:26 PM
Ok guys, I'm going to try returning one more time, and if I can't keep my promise to stay, I swear I won't waste your time ever again.

Yay! Kurama is back!

Viera Champion
2010-12-13, 06:27 PM
Where did everyone go? Did this thing die?

IcemanJRC
2010-12-13, 06:30 PM
Woa, people are back...

Creed
2010-12-13, 06:32 PM
Somewhat. We are in the process of mass ressurection, but it requires a severe amount of grafting done to the plot structure to make up for lost time and expended resources. The Invasion has hurt us, but we are making a suprising comeback as some of our older members return to CHB grassroots for the generic Role-Play that we are known for. After 29 threads, we simply refuse to die without an outside force pushing us into retirement.
In short, Hell No.
@Kurama/Lil Shiro: And you are welcome to return in my book. You were once one of our avid posters, and we need as many soldiers we can in the Play by Post Wars.

icastflare!
2010-12-13, 06:33 PM
Somewhat. We are in the process of mass ressurection, but it requires a severe amount of grafting done to the plot structure to make up for lost time and expended resources. The Invasion has hurt us, but we are making a suprising comeback as some of our older members return to CHB grassroots for the generic Role-Play that we are known for. After 29 threads, we simply refuse to die without an outside force pushing us into retirement.
In short, Hell No.
@Kurama/Lil Shiro: And you are welcome to return in my book. You were once one of our avid posters, and we need as many soldiers we can in the Play by Post Wars.

Play by post wars? What DID I miss?

Viera Champion
2010-12-13, 06:34 PM
In short, Hell No.

BWAHAHA! NOT ONLY THAT I WAS ONE OF THE VERY FIRST POSTERS. I AM UNTO LIKE A GOD!

Creed
2010-12-13, 06:36 PM
BWAHAHA! NOT ONLY THAT I WAS ONE OF THE VERY FIRST POSTERS. I AM UNTO LIKE A GOD!

I would like to condescend and point out, that if you check the 1st thread, Jason was the first character. Soon afterward, he met Thera.
Thus, if you are a god, I must be the Elder Evil that was around before you were concieved.

Viera Champion
2010-12-13, 06:43 PM
I would like to condescend and point out, that if you check the 1st thread, Jason was the first character. Soon afterward, he met Thera.
Thus, if you are a god, I must be the Elder Evil that was around before you were concieved.

Aha but I would like to point out as I have many times, that Thera was the first character to actually be part of Camp Half Blood seeing as I posted her as having already been going there for three years in the beginning, also she was the character who greeted Jack when he first arrived so HA!:smallwink:

Creed
2010-12-13, 06:59 PM
Play by post wars? What DID I miss?

The Play by Post wars refer to our, as a player group, gradual slide into the play by post section of these forums and out of Freeform. Particularly refering to myself.

Aha but I would like to point out as I have many times, that Thera was the first character to actually be part of Camp Half Blood seeing as I posted her as having already been going there for three years in the beginning, also she was the character who greeted Jason when he first arrived so HA!:smallwink:

Jason versus Thera.
Right here, right now.
That's what I thought!
"Yea, wat now, homeboy?!"
Shut up AC (Anton Creed, a fragment of my personality that wants you to hide your kids, wife, and possibly your husband to prevent them from being raped by a rapist. In Lincoln Park.)

icastflare!
2010-12-13, 07:07 PM
The Play by Post wars refer to our, as a player group, gradual slide into the play by post section of these forums and out of Freeform. Particularly refering to myself.

Jason versus Thera.
Right here, right now.
That's what I thought!
"Yea, wat now, homeboy?!"
Shut up AC (Anton Creed, a fragment of my personality that wants you to hide your kids, wife, and possibly your husband to prevent them from being raped by a rapist. In Lincoln Park.)

Are you serious , My Boy?! But ya thanks for explaining that.

Creed
2010-12-13, 07:11 PM
[/B]

Are you serious , My Boy?! But ya thanks for explaining that.

"Hide yur kids!"
Don't point that newspaper at me, Anton.
"Bout 5'9'', 5'10''"

Viera Champion
2010-12-13, 07:42 PM
Awww... Why did everyone stop posting?

Creed
2010-12-13, 07:45 PM
The best part of the Gyrojet?
It's real. I found it in this book I own. It was invented in the '60s.
A carbine version was also made.
/incorporate professional experience into role playing games

Gimliggamer
2010-12-13, 08:09 PM
If Creed's an elder evil, I call Ancient Wyrm, because I was the first one here on FFRP.:smallcool:

Creed
2010-12-13, 08:10 PM
/sigh
alright, GG is an Ancient Wyrm, LS is a God, and I'm an Elder Evil.

icastflare!
2010-12-13, 08:12 PM
I call lich. Everything is better with lich's. EVERYTHING.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-13, 08:13 PM
Can I be a bunny?

Gimliggamer
Ancient Wyrm's already have mass resurrection in my book. :smalltongue:

Viera Champion

I don't want to be the THIRD most powerful being on here! I was even WP's co-GM for a while, so that should raise me up.

Creed
2010-12-13, 08:16 PM

KK

Can I be a bunny?

...oookay....

I don't want to be the THIRD most powerful being on here! I was even WP's co-GM for a while, so that should raise me up.

It can be argued that Elder Evils and Gods are on par with one another.

Also, WP is the Creator. Not God. The Creator. Of the Elder Evil, the Lich, the God, the Bunny, the Ancient Wyrm, everyone and everything.

CrimsonAngel
2010-12-13, 08:17 PM
I'm the cool god that everybody worships and loves because i'm hip and new. And my characters know how to get chicks.

CrimsonAngel
2010-12-13, 08:18 PM
If Creed's an elder evil, I call Ancient Wyrm, because I was the first one here on FFRP.:smallcool:

My characters were in the TOWN long before you were ever born. :smallfurious:

Viera Champion
2010-12-13, 08:19 PM
I'm the cool god that everybody worships and loves because i'm hip and new. And my characters know how to get chicks.

MY character is the hottest girl in the world. (Totally have to be better than everyone. Just kidding)

Creed
2010-12-13, 08:23 PM
MY character can break the limbs of every other character in the game.
And has narrowly lost to gods in single combat.
And can get lit up by a firing squad and survive.
And can get dropped from a tornado. And get up and still go kick some ass.
I jest. Jason is still also a 2-dimensional, non-engaging character.

CrimsonAngel
2010-12-13, 08:24 PM
... My character is sexy and can play the guitar without a shirt. :smallmad:

Gimliggamer
2010-12-13, 08:25 PM
My characters were in the TOWN long before you were ever born. :smallfurious:
1. Your join date was one year before mine, and you are only two years older than me.
2. No one cares about TOWN now anyways.:smallamused:
3. I wanted a third point. So I'm going to comment that I happen to like your work with avatars.

icastflare!
2010-12-13, 08:26 PM
My character doesnt have a flag on his head but he was still born......In America.

Creed
2010-12-13, 08:27 PM
"During a duel, Wheeler stole my catchphrase."
"Ah, so this isn't his first charge of copyright infringement!"

Viera Champion
2010-12-13, 08:28 PM
1. Your join date was one year before mine, and you are only two years older than me.
2. No one cares about TOWN now anyways.:smallamused:
3. I wanted a third point. So I'm going to comment that I happen to like your work with avatars.

I CARE ABOUT TOWN! THAT'S WHERE I STARTED HERE WHEN I WAS STILL VIERA CHAMPION AND MY FIRST CHARACTER WAS ELDENA A VIERA RED MAGE!

Creed
2010-12-13, 08:42 PM
Moriarty
Morgan

Moriarty was a criminal professor, for those of you who do not know, and the nemesis of Sherlock Holmes. Morgan was another British criminal. It's a vague reference and one that could be misinterpreted, but that is the signifigance.
/confounded logic

Woodsman
2010-12-13, 08:44 PM
Moriarty was a criminal professor, for those of you who do not know, and the nemesis of Sherlock Holmes.

That was why I said "You gotta be kidding me" :smalltongue:

Creed
2010-12-13, 08:45 PM
That was why I said "You gotta be kidding me" :smalltongue:

I see...
Did you see this gambit, then, man of the forest?

Woodsman
2010-12-13, 08:46 PM
I see...
Did you see this gambit, then, man of the forest?

Did I see that he was Morgan?

I deduced it when he knelt before Aaron, my good man.

CrimsonAngel
2010-12-13, 08:47 PM
I deduced it when he admited it, my good man.

Creed
2010-12-13, 08:50 PM
I deduced it when he admited it, my good man.

Amazing cunning.:smalltongue:

Yeah, but this is meant as sort of Morgan's redemption episode. He was an ass and killed Daisy, but in the end he owned up to it and accepted his punishment, making him not such a crazed antagonist.

Gimliggamer
2011-03-02, 09:31 PM
Deadtime for liek thirty minutes. Thats right. I found the OOC thread.....better just dust this off....

Pisha
2011-06-02, 01:21 PM
So... is anyone still playing the CHB rpg? Because it sounded really cool and I have a character concept and everything, but I don't want to get excited about it if it's a dead game.

IcemanJRC
2011-06-02, 01:46 PM
Sorry Pisha, we're kinda letting it rest. We may return, but for now it is dead. Again, sorry...

Pisha
2011-06-02, 06:17 PM
Blarg. Wish they'd update the list in FFRP Central, then. That's pretty disappointing.

IcemanJRC
2011-06-02, 07:36 PM
We haven't really told anybody else. Most other universes, coughonlyNexuspracticallycough, don't really care about us.

Viera Champion
2011-06-02, 07:44 PM
We haven't really told anybody else. Most other universes, coughonlyNexuspracticallycough, don't really care about us.

Wow... I'm insulted...

Um... Probably because of the lack of correlation between the two universes.

Also, I am kinda disappointed in the lack of anyone wanting to play this. And yes, I do realize that sounds hypocritical coming from me, but still. Sure, I love Waterpenguin, and of course this game was amazing without him. Hey, I loved him long before CHB (good ole Nightmare On Elm Street ITP). But that doesn't mean we can't function without his guidance. This was fun for many people, and clearly new people want to join so why are we letting them down?

IcemanJRC
2011-06-02, 08:04 PM
A new person wants to join. I regret that we have to turn her way, but we all(that were around) agreed it would be better if we let this thread lie for a while. It's sorta run it's course, most of us are pretty burned out on ideas, we've mostly been running the same ideas over and over. We decided we'd still play games, maybe revisit this. But we decided it was burned out for now. It needs some time to rest.

When's the last time we all actually were playing actively? Lately it's been a lot of off and on playing because nobody wanted to let it die. Spurts of activity that die out quickly. I don't like it, but it's what happened. We've actually got another game we're setting up to still play together, that's mostly why we kept this around for so long I thought. Not because the universe was particularly enthralling but because it gave us a place where we all RP'd together because we enjoyed each others RP. I'd be delighted if you joined the game we're trying to start right now. I can link you if you're interested, it's a Fallout PNP Play-by-Post. But, it seems to have run it's course for now.

And then, about the Nexus comment. That was simply saying that the Nexus is kinda the only thing left in this neck of the woods. I'm sure they're great, but the never feel very accommodating to the other universes...

Viera Champion
2011-06-02, 08:28 PM
Ummm... This PbP wouldn't happen to include rule systems and stuff cuz I know nothing of such things.

IcemanJRC
2011-06-02, 08:35 PM
It does, but the rules are free. Downloadable off a website, totally free. It's a fan made project. It's Creed, WP, bvdk and I so far. mongose was gonna play but then decided not to, flare is DMing. The link is here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200905)
We've got a while before we start because bv and WP are still in school, so when they're on break we're gonna start.