PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Spring Attack, Tempest, Bounding Assault

Fenryr
2010-07-11, 09:57 PM
Hello! Yes, I have another doubt and 'm here for you to enlighten me.

Previous information:

Spring Attack
Prerequisites: Dex 13, Dodge, Mobility, base attack bonus +4.
Benefit
When using the attack action with a melee weapon, you can move both before and after the attack, provided that your total distance moved is not greater than your speed. Moving in this way does not provoke an attack of opportunity from the defender you attack, though it might provoke attacks of opportunity from other creatures, if appropriate. You can’t use this feat if you are wearing heavy armor.

You must move at least 5 feet both before and after you make your attack in order to utilize the benefits of Spring Attack.

Tempest from Complete Complete Adventurer: When a 5th-level tempest makes a spring attack, she can attack once each with two different weapons as an attack action. The character loses this ability when fighting in medium or heavy armor.

Bounding Assault.

Question:

I get 3 or 4 attacks while doing Spring?

've done research but people always say it's up to the DM. There's no "definitive law" in this?

Thanks for help.

PS: I know there are some more effective ways of moving and (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120802)hitting but I like my character. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103358)

Prodan
2010-07-11, 09:57 PM
Bounding Assault
Prerequisites: Dex 13, Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, base attack bonus +12.
Benefit
When using the Spring Attack feat, you designate two foes rather than one. Your movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity from either of these foes. While using an attack action with the Spring Attack feat, you can make a second attack with a -5 penalty. You can use both attacks against one of the opponents targeted with this feat, or split your attacks between them.

You may want to remove that.

Keld Denar
2010-07-11, 10:02 PM
Eh, fair use allows you to cite sections of published materials for scholarly discussion...we're all scholars here right? Some more tainted than others, be yea...Just add in a citation and snip out the non-relevant stuff like prereqs.

Anyway, if you had Bounding Assault (and its big brother Rapid Blitz), you'd get 2 attacks on each part of your spring as a Tempest5. It specifically doesn't mention that, but that's because CAdventurer was printed before PHBII.

I can't leave this post without a note stating that Tempest actually makes you WORSE at TWF...but I'm pretty sure you've figured that one out on your own. :smallcool:

Dusk Eclipse
2010-07-11, 11:35 PM
<snip>

I can't leave this post without a note stating that Tempest actually makes you WORSE at TWF...but I'm pretty sure you've figured that one out on your own. :smallcool:

Care to elaborate please?

dextercorvia
2010-07-11, 11:46 PM
Just a guess, but those five levels (and 3? feats) could have been better served getting you bonus damage, and a way to move/full attack instead of being Spring Attack Dependent, and getting only two (or maybe four with BA) attacks. Good luck on getting Rapid Blitz unless you are a SA Thug Fighter.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-07-11, 11:53 PM
hmmm probably

Keld Denar
2010-07-12, 12:02 AM
Pretty much everything he said. All of its abilities are either minor, or actually encouraging behavior that is non-condusive to producted TWFing. Way too many wasted feats spent qualifing for a VERY underwhelming PrC.