PDA

View Full Version : Jallorn vs. Tiger Mock Battle

TigerHunter
2010-07-12, 12:31 AM
This thread is for Jallorn and I to get a feel for the Mutants and Masterminds combat system.

Nanzi, a grizzled old mercenary, is enjoying a celebratory post-battle bottle of rum on a street littered with the recently deceased. Suddenly, he notices a threatening figure, exactly 100 feet away, out of the corner of his eye...

TigerHunter
2010-07-12, 12:32 AM
I hate how previewing your posts breaks the roller.

[roll0]

Jallorn
2010-07-12, 12:37 AM
Anyone else from the MnM game we're in the recruiting stages of should stay out, I have some secrets I'd like to keep from as many people as possible for now.

Ok, gone? Good

Nightshade himself was responsible for a few of the bodies, after all, they were Rogue Hunters. This man down the street was clearly a destructive force, but whose side was he on?

Init:[roll0] Whoo, twice your result.

From his black back burst two shadowy wings. With a few flaps, he has moved to roughly 100 feet directly above the man, casting a shadow only half as dark as himself.

TigerHunter
2010-07-12, 12:56 AM
Nanzi starts. He's been on this Earth a long time, and he's never seen anything like what just happened. Keeping one eye on the shadow creature, he reaches into the back of his van and pulls out a sniper rifle. Normally it would be locked in a hidden compartment, but he had it at hand for the days festivities and has yet to put it away. The laser sight clicks on. A barely visible red dot appears on the creature's center of mass. Nanzi fires.

[roll0]

Jallorn
2010-07-12, 01:00 AM
The bullet speeds through the air, moving straight through Nightshade.

Toughness: [roll0]

The bullet tears through Nightshade, catching him by surprise. The wound heals almost instantly, but he is still unable to act for a moment, and his wings disappear into his body as he plummets to the ground.

Jallorn
2010-07-12, 01:40 AM
^ Delete that.

Acrobatics: [roll0]
Toughness: [roll1]

TigerHunter
2010-07-12, 02:00 AM
Nanzi drops the sniper rifle and with two swift, fluid motions draws his sword and submachine gun. Holding the sword in a fighting stance, he empties the gun's clip into the wounded figure.

[roll0]

Jallorn
2010-07-12, 02:03 AM
I messed up the defense thing during your first attack. We'll skip it for now, but still.

Defense: [roll0]

Jallorn
2010-07-12, 02:07 AM
The bullets riddle Nightshade's body, but this time he's ready. The bullets stop on impact and slowly make their way through his body, dropping harmlessly to the ground. Leaping to his feet, Nightshade swings his arm at the man, now shifted into the shape of a sword blade.

Attack: [roll0]

Toughness DC 18.

TigerHunter
2010-07-12, 02:09 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]

TigerHunter
2010-07-12, 02:15 AM
Nanzi raises the sword to effortlessly swat away the arm. Now considerably creeped out, he ejects the clip and slams another one into the gun. Hoping the tactic will be more effective this time, he empties the new clip into the monster, ejects it, and slams in yet another one.

[roll0]

Jallorn
2010-07-12, 02:16 AM

Jallorn
2010-07-12, 02:28 AM
As his body tears apart, Nightshade drops to one knee for a moment, standing slowly as he heals.

Staggered Con check: [roll0]
Disabled Con check: [roll1]

TigerHunter
2010-07-12, 02:37 AM
Nanzi drives his sword into the creature's throat.

[roll0]

Jallorn
2010-07-12, 02:39 AM
Toughness:[roll1]