PDA

View Full Version : Nice things in SWSAGA.

Frog Dragon
2010-07-12, 06:15 AM
I just thought of starting this kind of thread. It's basically for pointing out good options in the system.
Force Grip. If you have a good UtF, it's good damage and an awesome lockdown.
Lucky Stop. A talent from the KotOR Guide. It allows you to negate any one attack that would bring you to 0 hp once per encounter. Translation: Win.
So anyone got anything else?

IdleMuse
2010-07-12, 06:34 AM
If you have a good UMD,

Do you mean UtF? :D

Burst Shot in combination with Controlled Burst, the Elite Trooper talent, can be pretty brutal, and has a lot of options for further opt.

Frog Dragon
2010-07-12, 06:43 AM
Do you mean UtF? :D

Burst Shot in combination with Controlled Burst, the Elite Trooper talent, can be pretty brutal, and has a lot of options for further opt.
What. I wrote UtF. *waves hand* There is no edit there.

KillianHawkeye
2010-07-12, 06:59 AM
Force Grip. If you have a good UtF, it's good damage and an awesome lockdown.

The problem with Force Grip is if you're using it against living foes your GM should probably give you DSPs for using the Force as a weapon.

Frog Dragon
2010-07-12, 07:02 AM
The problem with Force Grip is if you're using it against living foes your GM should probably give you DSPs for using the Force as a weapon.
Heh, my GM doesn't. Also, doesn't seem like Yoda is very dark sided for using the force to push Sidious.

KillianHawkeye
2010-07-12, 07:08 AM
Also, doesn't seem like Yoda is very dark sided for using the force to push Sidious.

Pushing != Crushing

EDIT: I suppose I should say that it's really using the Force to harm living creatures that's DSP worthy. Using it to disrupt or disable, or as a nonlethal weapon seems to be fair game.

Alleran
2010-07-12, 07:08 AM
Block + Deflect + Force Harmony + Damage Reduction 10 + Shii-Cho + Soresu + Skill Focus (Use the Force) + CHA 18.

The combo doesn't get into full workability until 10th level, but when it does, you get this:

+19 UtF modifier. Damage Reduction 10 all encounter (Force Harmony removes the Force Point cost you would take for otherwise activating the talent). You can Block or Deflect any attack that comes your way just by rolling a UtF check that beats their attack roll. On top of that, if you fail, you can re-roll it (Soresu) and if you have to block subsequent attacks, you only get a -2 penalty for each successive attack against you. Pair that with a +2 (or +4, even) CHA species and your UtF modifier rises to +20 to +21 (+21 to +22 if you spend your 4th and 8th level stat boosts on CHA), and since you don't autofail on a 1, your opponent would have to roll a minimum of a 22 just in order to have a (very, very low) chance at hitting you. And if he crits on a 20, well, you can block that as well anyway, since Block and Deflect work against criticals.

Sure, your offensive power won't be amazingly brilliant, but you can outlast damn near anybody. And hey, that's what Force Lightning is for. Your skill check result is your attack roll. And skills vs defenses are broken at lower levels in SAGA - they start balancing out by about 12+, but you haven't quite hit that point yet at 10th level. Or you can use Dark Rage + Improved Dark Rage, and paired with Force Point Recovery, you regain the Force Point you spend to increase the duration of rage. And you can continue using skill checks while raging. And you don't need to worry about getting access to the talents, either, because Stolen Form lets you gain Lightsaber Form talents as a Sith Apprentice. Of course, this works best in an evil game, but you can still get some very respectable results with Move Object and the like if you're a light-sider.