PDA

View Full Version : Yu-Gi-Oh PbP Tournament ITP - IC Chat Thread

Shadow_Elf
2010-07-12, 11:46 AM
The competitors slowly begin to arrive at the ancient Tomb, its sleek yellow-brown brick walls seemingly going on forever. As the Duelists trickle in, they enter a wider audience room. Big TV screens are affixed to the upper walls of the room, so that duels can be watched by spectators in the entrance room. Shadow, Mary, Lord Blackmanor and other members of the Tomb's hierarchy greet the guests, and strike up conversation. There are several massive sets of double doors leading out of the circular room, leading deeper into the Tomb.

((Feel free to chat amongst your Personas - Shadow will make a big dramatic introduction when we close the recruitment on the Tournament.))

Blue Ghost
2010-07-12, 11:47 AM
Blue Ghost appears in the Tomb in a flash of blue fire and gives a cheerful smile. Well, this is certain a nice venue you have chosen for the tournament, Shadow. I hope all goes well.

Allan Surgite
2010-07-12, 11:55 AM
The flash of blue fire from the azure apparition causes some of the shadows in the room to become illuminated; in one, a man in black is revealed; curiously, this was a shadow in the gap between two bricks. As the shadow became illuminated, he grew to fit the space his body would normally take up. He pulled absently at his cuffs; his shadow remained immobile.

"Wonderful choice of place, sir. Very nice lack of illumination." There was something that could have been a chuckle from the figure, as he leaned against the wall he had just emerged from.

Shadow_Elf
2010-07-12, 12:02 PM
Welcome to my home, Blue Ghost - you are standing in the Tomb of the Forbidden One. He turns to the shadow man. I was told when I invited you that you appreciated a lack of illumination, so I kept the glow globes on their standard setting to make it more comfortable for you, sir. I hope you both enjoy your stay - as soon as the other duelists arrive, we shall begin.

A priceless incense lamp falls from the ceiling and lands on the ground with a crash, breaking into a million pieces. Out comes a cloud of light blue smoke, which coalesces into a humanoid blue man. His voices suspiciously resembles that of Robin Williams. Man, the trip here was a drag, but it is GOOD to be out of that lamp again! Whew. Hey, Shadow, my man, love what you've done to the place. Very Egyptian Renaissance, I like it. Who does your interior decorating?

Mary does, Genie. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have organizational matters. You may all chat amongst yourselves, I will see you all later. Dimension Door! Shadow vanishes through the Dimension Door to tend to other duties, leaving them to their own devices.

Mercenary Pen
2010-07-12, 12:15 PM
A man swaggers into the tomb, wearing the fur and leather of a viking warrior, with a massive axe-shaped duel-disk strapped across his back.

"It matters not who Wulfric face, Wulfric's monsters crush all enemies," he proudly announced, deliberately playing-up the role of barbarian savage he had taken on in the hope that his foes would underestimate him.

Allan Surgite
2010-07-12, 12:27 PM
Caliga pulled a rolled-up cigarette from out of his cuff. "Anyone got a light?" He moved to placed the cigarette in his mouth, before realising the complication of the mask. He paused, shrugged; he dropped the cigarette into his shadow, where it promptly went underneath his boot. When he moved his boot, the cigarette was certainly not where it had been.

His masked face turned barbarian entrant. "Is that correct, sir? Then stand aside, let Wulfric come through. I'll ask you your name later, sir."

Blue Ghost
2010-07-12, 12:34 PM
The blue-robed wizard smiles disarmingly. Now, sir Caliga, that is no way to treat an honored guest.
He extends his hand to Wulfric. Welcome, Wulfric. It will be a pleasure facing off against you.

Shades of Gray
2010-07-12, 12:50 PM
A man in the tomb is wearing a labcoat and has a futuristic duel-disk strapped to his arm. His hair is a mess. He look around at the other duelists nervously, twitching slightly. Whensitgonnastartwhensitgonnastart? He whispers to himself. Thingstomeetpeopletodo...Scratchthat,reverseit.

Shadow_Elf
2010-07-12, 12:56 PM
When Caliga makes he clever comment, the Genie conjures a set of drums and a cymbal. *BAH-DUM-PISH*. Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week.

Mistral
2010-07-12, 01:01 PM
Maria enters the tomb calmly, her ornate duel disc shining. As she scans over the duelists who have already arrived, she shakes her head slightly. "I'd expected better of a tournament. How will I find my prince here?" she murmers to herself. As she notices several of the duelists have seen her enter as well, she curtseys politely. "I am Lady Maria Dorothea di Valdorcia, Princess of Amiata. I do hope that you shall all prove skillful in the duels to come."

Altaria87
2010-07-12, 01:44 PM
In a flash of silver light, another duelist appears in the center of the Tomb.
"Why hello there, everybody! Long time, no see!"
Altaria still stands slightly shorter than average, but his once silver hair is now completely grey. He wears a very torn green travelling cloak over his silver armour imprinted with the Holy Symbol of Bahamut, and his duel disk is now silver and in the shape of a Blue-Eyes White Dragon.
"I've been off on a long levelling-up journey, so I couldn't serve as the Church's PR front for a while, but I'm hoping to make a big comeback so I can go back to managing the card games around here."

Then, a dark flame seems to consume him for a few moments and when it dies away, he looks different. His hair is now jet black, as is his cloak, now some sort of cape. His armour is now blood red with Tiamat's Symbol upon it, and his Duel Disk is now an effigy of Tiamat, every Monster slot representing one of her heads.
"Of course, when the good side levels up- so does the evil one :smallamused:. So I think I'll be taking charge for a while!"

Dark Altaria then moves to the congregation of duelists and joins in the conversation.

Allan Surgite
2010-07-12, 01:55 PM
"Indeed, fine sir." Caliga tipped his hat to Ghost as he spoke; he turned to the Genie afterwards. "...I should hope so." His shadow gave an enthusiastic thumbs-up to Genie as he turned to the new entrants.

"Nice to see you, to see you. I can assure you, we're exactly as impressive as we look; or I am, in any case. Would anyone care for a ginger biscuit?"

Blue Ghost
2010-07-12, 01:55 PM
Blue Ghost steps toward Altaria.
Dark Altaria, eh? I have not seen you for long enough. Rest assured, I shall stop you. Because there can only be one.

As he speaks, he undergoes a transformation as well. His plain blue robe becomes a black cloak adorned with red-orange markings. His bright eyes become dead and black as the night, and a sinister aura flows from his person. A mark appears on his forearm, resembling a hummingbird.

Shadow_Elf
2010-07-12, 02:04 PM
Gentlemen, Gentlemen! What's with all the wacky dark, edgy transformations? Genie appears next to the two dark-side duelists, dressed suddenly in a psychiatrist's outfit. He *poofs* in a pair of those long reclining psychiatry chairs, and magically pushes them into the seats. Would either of you like to speak about your issues? And how does having anther Dark Counterpart participating in this tournament make you feel, hmmmmm?

Allan Surgite
2010-07-12, 02:15 PM
"Wacky indeed, I think. Shall I find a newspaper? I'm sure that The Sun will be willing to write up a report on the matter." Caliga gave something that may have been a chuckle (but it might have been a snigger); he went back to the ever-familiar wall and leaned back, raising his arms; he put one hand over the other. The lower hand rested against the wall, and the upper hand provided a pillow for his hand. If he had a visible face, he would have grinned.

Because he didn't, a conspicuous gap appeared in his shadow, in the approximate position of the face. It gave another hyperactive thumbs-up, before moving into the wall once more.

Altaria87
2010-07-12, 02:27 PM
As Blue Ghost transforms Altaria's face turns to a confused look.
"Wow... I never knew you had it in you, Ghosty. Well done in your recent transferal to the Dark Side, your cookies will be provided shortly... By Tiamat, I've got to see the wimp's face when he sees you now!"
But, before he can transform, the Genie pushes him back, at which point his face contorts in rage.
"UNHAND ME! UNHOLY AURA!"
An aura of pure evil surrounds Dark Altaria and he breaks free of the Genie's magical grasp.
"Now, as I was saying, that wimpy guy who shares my body has got to see this."
A silver light consumes him as Good Altaria reappears, whose eyes widen in shock as he sees Ghost in a Dark Signer costume.
"G-g-g-Ghost... My friend, what happened to you!?"

Mercenary Pen
2010-07-12, 04:38 PM
Wulfric grabbed his hip flask from his belt, almost ripping the lid from it as he brought it to his mouth- taking a long swig of the 'mead' within, carefully letting some dribble over his clothes, already smelling slightly of alcohol, to make himself look tipsier than he was in the eyes of the other duelists.

Swaying slightly, he returned the hip flask to his belt and removed his axe-shaped duel-disk from its position slung over his back, slumping down on the floor- swaying with the drink all the while- to undertake a charade of sharpening the edge of the axe with a whetstone. He was determined to keep up the charade, make the other players underestimate him as much as he could until it was his moment to strike.

Allan Surgite
2010-07-12, 04:54 PM
"I should think, sir, that you are worse for drink. Would you care for another, sir? I do apologise, but I only have some of the stronger drinks; they are mine after all; but to a gentleman such as you, that should pose no problem." Caliga nodded, despite himself.

If one was to read the mind of Caliga Sententia, the general gist would be Well, isn't this interesting. The whole gang's not even here yet; shenanigans have already started occurring. Of course, there was very little in Caliga's lexicon to summarise the term "dark side" but he was quite aware of the concept; he didn't think too highly of it, but some people deal with things in different ways. Yet it will come when you call...

((I assume that "unofficial" duels are not approved? :smallconfused:))

Shadow_Elf
2010-07-12, 05:07 PM
((The tournament does not preclude normal PbP activity, so I guess you could have some side-duels... these would have to be called draws if they are incomplete when Shadow returns, though.))

You two clearly have some issues to sort out that are way above my pay grade. I'll let you figure it out. *POOF* Genie reappears somewhere else in the room, his costume gone.

Mercenary Pen
2010-07-12, 05:41 PM
"I should think, sir, that you are worse for drink. Would you care for another, sir? I do apologise, but I only have some of the stronger drinks; they are mine after all; but to a gentleman such as you, that should pose no problem." Caliga nodded, despite himself.

Wulfric, caught by surprise by this deliberate attempt to shake his ruse (or take advantage of it), reeled inwardly, searching for an answer to this quandary... In truth, he hadn't drunk anything alcoholic at all today except for a few small drips of mouthwash that he hadn't spat out that morning, he preferred to keep his mind clear of such distractions when he was duelling.

"Wulfric sorry," he replied, "Wulfric only drink own supply of mead last five years, ever since clan chief die to poisoned mead. Wulfric thank man for offer."

Allan Surgite
2010-07-12, 06:29 PM
"Oh, mm, I'm sure, sir. Can't trust anyone in this day and age, sir. Bunch of louts, wouldn't you say, sir?" Caliga nodded. "No need for thanks, however." His eyes passed over the whetstone. Fascinating gentleman.

Blue Ghost
2010-07-12, 07:48 PM
As Blue Ghost transforms Altaria's face turns to a confused look.
"Wow... I never knew you had it in you, Ghosty. Well done in your recent transferal to the Dark Side, your cookies will be provided shortly... By Tiamat, I've got to see the wimp's face when he sees you now!"
But, before he can transform, the Genie pushes him back, at which point his face contorts in rage.
"UNHAND ME! UNHOLY AURA!"
An aura of pure evil surrounds Dark Altaria and he breaks free of the Genie's magical grasp.
"Now, as I was saying, that wimpy guy who shares my body has got to see this."
A silver light consumes him as Good Altaria reappears, whose eyes widen in shock as he sees Ghost in a Dark Signer costume.
"G-g-g-Ghost... My friend, what happened to you!?"

Blue grimly returns the glance, not smiling. All in good time. For now, suffice it to say that I have tired of fighting in vain.

Eternal Drifter
2010-07-12, 11:19 PM
An old man leaning on his cane walks in, looks around, and takes a seat in a chair near to the door.

theterran
2010-07-13, 06:54 AM
Leaning against the cave wall at the mouth of the cave, a tall, lean man with a cowboy hat pulled down covering his face watches the interaction between the others, saying not a word...

Altaria87
2010-07-13, 10:32 AM
Blue grimly returns the glance, not smiling. All in good time. For now, suffice it to say that I have tired of fighting in vain.
"Th-that's not like you to say that..."
Altaria sighs, sadly.
Enough, I'm taking over now >:D
Once again using Altaira's moment of weakness, Dark Altaria reappears after a few seconds of black flames. He then walks towards the new arrivals in the shape of an old man and cowboy.
"So, old man, gonna tell us a few stories about what happened in the war =P? What about you, cowboy man? Hope I don't get six-gun'd!"
Somehow Dark Altaria is so generally evil he makes internet emoticons audible.
"MAN! I'm so hungry, I could eat an Octorok."

Allan Surgite
2010-07-13, 10:35 AM
"Query for the cleric of Tiamat? What's an equalspee?" Caliga made a big show of checking an invisible watch as he spoke. "Still got some time left, I see."

Altaria87
2010-07-13, 10:40 AM
">.>, an equalspee is an incredibly powerful magical incantation, which, by its mere utterance, causes five puppies in various parts of the world to die of unkown causes, baku. Nah, just kiddin', that would be too much as a blow to the concept of kawaii."

theterran
2010-07-13, 10:46 AM
"Six gun'd...shoooot, they wouldn't let bring ma guns...
'n I think it's funny how y'all try to spook each other like cattle with your 'OOO, I'm nice, OOO, I ain't.' I feel like I'm in a room full o' young 'uns...

The cowboy rests his hand on his hip and shakes his head...with his face still mostly obscured by his hat.

Shadow_Elf
2010-07-13, 11:12 AM
Genie appears next to the cowboy, in a similar getup, and he nudges him gently in the ribs. I feel the same way, podnah. Kids these days... you know, back in ancient Arabia, we didn't have any ah this here fancy "dueldisk" contraptions. We fought with stone tablets, pens an' paper. Genie is inwardly proud of not only making fun of the cowboy's method of speaking and dressing, but also at Altaria's quip against old folks, since he is the oldest being here.

Blue Ghost
2010-07-13, 11:14 AM
Blue turns to the genie, still not showing any sign of a smile. From what I've gathered, you have been around at least ten thousand years. You must have plenty of knowledge of the Shadow Games, do you not?

Shadow_Elf
2010-07-13, 11:19 AM
Genie assumes an Ancient Egyptian pharaoh's getup. Then he assumes an Arabian sultan's appearance. Ancient Arabia, Signer, not Ancient Egypt... see the difference? When we played card... erm... stone games, we weren't interested in people's souls. What can ya do with a soul anyway? From what I can tell they're not much good... Now, duels in exchange for wishes, we had a few of THOSE.
Though just because I wasn't in Egypt at the time doesn't mean I don't know a thing or two about em' he mutters to himself.

Allan Surgite
2010-07-13, 11:20 AM
Caliga sidled along the wall, before finding a deeper shadow; it easily hid his slim frame. As he fell into it, his hat appeared the side of the cowboy that the Genie was absent from. It stayed immobile in his shadow, before Caliga rose up from under it; he placed his arm across the cowboy's shoulder.

"Kids these days, sir, and all their funny lingo. It's disgraceful, sir." His shadow gave another frantic thumbs-up in the general direction of the Genie, before withering under Caliga's stamped foot.

theterran
2010-07-13, 11:21 AM
"Yup, we ain't got none of these here fancy deevices either back home...we play on rocks too when we're hearding cattle. I ain't sure where Arabia is though...that somewhere 'round Dallas?

And please don't 'pop' up next to me again, you startled the far outta me!" ((Note: Any 'ire' word will be replaced with 'ar', as that's how it sounds when it's said...hence "Fire" turns to "Far"))

The cowboy listens to the blue guy talking.

Whoo Doggie!, you fellers have shadow games here too!?! We love them thar games back home...though thar ain't many trees, so them shadows are kinda hard to come by at times...

Looks to be plenty of shadows in this here cave though!"

Blue Ghost
2010-07-13, 11:22 AM
Blue assumes an expression of mild interest. No Shadow Games where you come from? Interesting. So tell me, Genie, how did you come to be imprisoned in the lamp?

He mutters to the cowboy, It will not be long before you experience the power of the shadows for yourself, good sir.

theterran
2010-07-13, 11:23 AM
Feeling the hand on his shoulder, the cowboy jumps.

Sam Dickens son, don't be sneakin' up on me like that!

Say, weren't you just over yonder just a second ago? How'd you do that? That'd be handy for corralling cattle!

Shadow_Elf
2010-07-13, 11:30 AM
Imprisoned in the lamp? Ha! That was a pretty life-altering event for me... you think I used a card game to determine it? Nah. Y'see, I was young and foolish then... and I could sense when the man offered me the lamp that it'd greatly increase my powers. But when I signed that contract... I didn't find the catch until it was too late. So, while I had gotten my ULTIMATE COSMIC POWERS, I was confined to an itty-bity living space. he admits with a little shame at his foolhardiness.

Allan Surgite
2010-07-13, 11:33 AM
"...you coral cattle, sir? I am intrigued as to how, yet I fear the knowledge would amaze me, sir." Caliga unveiled his meticulous ability to mishear things once more, before he began to pay attention to the conversation surrounding him.

"Shadow games, sir? Interesting things, sir, if a little crude, sir. I've some knowledge in the field, sir, but I doubt it's on quite the same level as yours, sir. Mm."

Blue Ghost
2010-07-13, 11:35 AM
Do speak, good sir. Tell us what you know about the Shadow Games. I am rather a newcomer to the field, and I would like to gather all the knowledge I can. I am a wizard, after all.

theterran
2010-07-13, 11:37 AM
"Well, one we play is called BOO! It involves hiding in the shadows with a rattlesnake, then when...

The cowboy quickly realizes that the blue guy wasn't talking to him...and shuts up...

Blue Ghost
2010-07-13, 11:40 AM
Blue scowls, muttering to himself. Idiot. I pity the one who is matched against him first round.
Anyway, what were you saying, sir Caliga?

Altaria87
2010-07-13, 11:43 AM
"Shadow Games are like SO last year, Ghosty boy xD. The Church of Tiamat have learned that we can't go around just doing magic stuff now, you need to appeal to the CONSUMER, card games for us are a way of generating publicity in this strangely Card-Game obsessed world, not a way of stealing souls or taking over the planet!"
"Actually, it was the Church of Bahamut who first used Duel Monsters as a PR exercise, you Tiamat-Worshippers simply copied us..."
"D:< SHUT UP!"

Blue Ghost
2010-07-13, 11:47 AM
That is all well and fine for you who have an established church, but for those with no allegiance, we must seek power in other ways, must we not?

Altaria87
2010-07-13, 11:52 AM
"I suppose that'd true, Ghosty..."
Dark Altaria then looks over Dark Signer Ghost, then decides to test his power.
"Word of Chaos >:D"
Altaria then watches what happens, first to determine if Ghost is now chaotic or if he remains Lawful, and second to see what power level he is now when infused with the power of the Earthbound Immortals.

Allan Surgite
2010-07-13, 11:53 AM
((This was written to occur before Altaria's post, sorry; maybe a few seconds before?))

"...deecolonlessthan? I think a tiger died after that one. And as for you, good sir Ghost, my knowledge is... sketchy, to say the least. But when one learns tricks, sir, such as the one that would be rather helpful to coral barnyard animals, you pick up things. I've met several who declared that as their game of choice. Much better than that black-and-white one; I can never remember how the horses move." Caliga swam in the stream of un-helpfulness; his knowledge of Shadow Games could, in all, be used to clean a cow's horns and no more then that. He yawned, tapping the imaginary watch.

Blue Ghost
2010-07-13, 11:59 AM
"I suppose that'd true, Ghosty..."
Dark Altaria then looks over Dark Signer Ghost, then decides to test his power.
"Word of Chaos >:D"
Altaria then watches what happens, first to determine if Ghost is now chaotic or if he remains Lawful, and second to see what power level he is now when infused with the power of the Earthbound Immortals.

Epic spell reflection.
The Hummingbird rune on his arm blazes to life, and the Word of Chaos is reflected back at the caster.
I am still lawful, just so you know. Always have been, always will be. What of you? You follow a lawful goddess, do you not?

Altaria87
2010-07-13, 12:03 PM
":O... So you're that powerful!?"
He then regains composure at Dark-Blue Ghost's question.
"Funny that, actually =P. It turns out that being the Evil Opposite side of Altaria overrides the fact that I should be Lawufl to follow Tiamat, it annoys some of the other Clerics, actually, but Tiamat seems to be ok with it, since I still get granted spells =D."

Raykura
2010-07-13, 01:59 PM
A fat, moustached man in a top hat & two-tailed coat rushes in huffing & puffing for breath.

"Huff....Huff.... I'm sorry I'm so late! I really must work out more...."

"But the music will start now!" The man pulls out a conductor's baton, a tuning fork, a collapsible stand & some music sheets & sets up. Soon orchestrated music begins to play from unknown locations. This is followed up by the man by the man singing in a very operatic voice following with the music.

This goes on for a few minutes, before it all stops. "Hopefully that performance makes up for my lateness. But where are my manners? My name is Simon. Simon Phinee." Simon says.

"I am a conductor, & it is a pleasure to meet you all." Simon says, & turns to Wulfric, walking over to the seemingly drunken being's location. "You there. You look like a respectable man. How goes it?" He asks politely.

Mercenary Pen
2010-07-13, 05:15 PM
"It not go too well," Wulfric bemoaned, playing to his audience, "Three years ago, the longship leave without Wulfric. Now Wulfric in this land, winning battles with cards not axe, and no see family."

Shadow_Elf
2010-07-13, 05:45 PM
A dimension door appears. Shadow steps through it, smiling. Wonderful! Everyone is here. We will start in just a little while longer, we're still prepping the duel rooms and arranging matches... Ghost, when did you have time to change? I was only gone for a few minutes and... oh dear, I remember what that outfit means. Nasad had one just like it... You're just play-acting, right Ghostie? You thought it'd be fun to try out an Earthbound Immortal deck, so you're dressed to play the part? Right? Shadow seems to genuinely hope the answer to his question is "Yes". If there are evil participants in the tournament... the tournament could take a very bad turn for the worse.

Allan Surgite
2010-07-13, 06:29 PM
((White text below contains who I'm playing. If you don't want to know who you're playing, don't read! I'm playing Frogs and a Scientist. Why is my first thought "dissection?" ))

"And we have a music man, too. I do expect our final entrant to be a kitchen sink, unless someone transforms into one at some point." Caliga pulled the dirty, rolled-up cigarette out of the ether again. He offered it to the newly-entered elf. "Cigarette, sir?"

Eternal Drifter
2010-07-13, 06:41 PM
Suddenly, there is a burst of coughing from an old man in a chair next to the door.

"*HACK* *HACK* *COUGH* *HACK*"

After a moment, the man recovers. "So, whom is facing my curse first..."

theterran
2010-07-14, 06:47 AM
"WooHoo, let's get this rodeo started!"

jindra34
2010-07-14, 07:12 AM
As the everyones looking around a youth runs in. "Sorry I'm late," she says pausing to look at the others, "Ooh... This looks like it'll be loads of fun.

Blue Ghost
2010-07-14, 10:44 AM
Blue mutters to himself. So I'm up against that idiot cowboy first round, eh? Well, nothing much can be accomplished outside a proper one-on-one duel anyway.

Shadow_Elf
2010-07-14, 10:56 AM
With no reply to Shadow's question forthcoming, he is forced to assume the worst about Ghost and get the show on the road. He waves his hand, and a stone staircase leading to a raised platform raises out of the ground. He climbs the steps easily.

Greetings, fellow duelists. You have been invited here today not because of your positions in your various organisations, your earth-shattering magical powers or your heritage. You have been invited here today... because you kick ass at card games. I'm Shadow, and I'll be your host for the duration of this tournament. Behind me, there are four doors - you may have seen the matchups posted, but to be clear I am going to reiterate them and explain everything again. He gestures to the Red Door on his far right, the audience's left.
Through the Red Door shall go the Genie of the Lamp, Wulfric the Mighty, and Simon Phinee the Conductor. You shall engage in a three way duel, moderated by Proud Mary, the Riverboat Queen. Through the next door, the Green Door, shall go the Duel Computer, Hiita the Firecharmer and The Old Man Who's Name He Will Not Tell Me. You shall engage in a three way duel, moderated by the esteemed High General Blackmanor. The third door, on my left now, is the Blue Door. Through it, Buck Walters, Blue Ghost and Altaria shall go, to engage in a three-way duel. That matchup shall be moderated by Tama za-Tayar, Emissary of Mars. Finally, Lady di Valdorcia, Professor Science and Caliga the Shadowbender shall engage in a three way duel behind the Violet Doors, moderated by yours truly.

He takes a breath, then continues. The winner of the first threeway shall be given a pass to the third level of the tomb - the losers shall proceed to the second level of the tomb, where they will be rearranged into proper one-on-one duels. Winners of THOSE duels shall then proceed to the third level, to be mixed back in with the first round's winners. The winners of this round shall face off on the fourth level. The final two duelists shall do battle on the fifth level, before the doors of the Mighty Forbidden One. Now, without further ado... off you go! Dimension Door With that, Shadow vanishes, and the four coloured doors open wide for the Duelists.

((Threads are going up:

Red Door (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8920819#post8920819)
Green Door (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8920840#post8920840)
Blue Door (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8920856#post8920856)
Violet Door (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8920869#post8920869)

Have fun everyone!))

Mercenary Pen
2010-07-14, 11:03 AM
With a blood-curdling roar, Wulfric sprang to his feet, his axe-shaped duel disk attaching to his right arm in a blur of motion as he glared at his opponents. These were all foes to be feared, but he wanted each and every one of them to fear him as well.

He strode towards the red door purposefully, daring each of his opponents to prove they were man enough to join him.

Mistral
2010-07-14, 11:07 AM
Lady di Valdorcia's genial facade cracked slightly with a small smirk. "My, how dramatic. One cannot help but wonder how far the barbarian shall go, if he bares his teeth so hastily. Then, I shall proceed to my own match." Elegantly, she passed through the Violet Doors.

theterran
2010-07-14, 11:09 AM
"Well looky thar...I gotta fight da two who are more flaky than a box of Special K...and thru a blue door...with a blue ghost...

Well if that ain't just the darnedest coincidence!"

The cowboy them moseys on through the blue door.

Shadow_Elf
2010-07-14, 11:11 AM
((Once a ruling has been reached in a match, anyone can deliver it through an Adjudicator, don't bother waiting for me. Just wanted to put that out there.))

Allan Surgite
2010-07-14, 11:17 AM
"Ah. It appears that the drunken sir has not drunk enough. Mayhap I can slip something stronger into his drink next time?" Caliga removes his top hat, throws it through the Violet Door, then leans into the room's shadows, fading gently.

((Also: Shadow, can I just ask? Shall I assume that this game is not played in match format?))

Altaria87
2010-07-14, 11:32 AM
Dark Altaria walks towards the Blue Door, preparing for battle.
"Man, I can't wait to bomb some dodongos!"

Raykura
2010-07-14, 12:37 PM
Simon runs toward the red door, making the utmost haste, thinking he has no time to waste.

"Huff.... Puff. I SHOULD HAVE WAITED AT THE DOOR!" He yells, far more panicked than necessary, his coat tails trailing behind his behind, himself holding his hat, running so slow, because he is so fat.

Eternal Drifter
2010-07-14, 01:43 PM
"*HACK* *HACK*" The old man coughs, and he gets up. It takes a minute for him to get through the green door...

Blue Ghost
2010-07-15, 10:37 AM
((Hey guys, I made an OOC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160227) for the tournament. Please take all tournament-related chat to this thread, rather than the main OOC.))

Shades of Gray
2010-07-15, 02:29 PM
The Scientist re-enters the waiting room on his ATV.

"Victory! WOOO!" He shuffles his deck about. "Who's next in my experimentation?!"

Blue Ghost
2010-07-16, 03:25 PM
Blue Ghost reappears in the hall, fuming. Stupid cowboy. I will make sure he suffers as his spirit is torn from his body, bit by bit. But what does it matter? There will be room for my plans to come to fruition in the second round.

Altaria87
2010-07-16, 03:29 PM
Altaria also walks out of the Blue Door.
"Well, three-ways have never been my forte, so I should ahve expected this accourance. However, it wa sshocking to see a Dark Signer defeaten by a mere cowboy..."
"Yeah, shut up, wimp, just let me take over when we're dueling >:("

Allan Surgite
2010-07-16, 03:39 PM
"Good day, fellows." Caliga leaned out of the shadows, waving his hand. His top hat had been replaced by a fez of the same colour as the rest of him. "Got bored of my old hat, sirs. And, of course, my consolations to the both of you. Who'd have thought the, sirs, cowboy effectual? Caught me by surprise, let me assure you, sirs." Caliga pulled the dirty cigarette out of the ether again. "Cigarette, sirs?"

Shadow_Elf
2010-07-16, 03:42 PM
The tall Martian woman who arbitrated the Blue Door duel strides over to Shadow, and whispers something in his ear. Shadow nods, and she walks away elsewhere in the room. The half-drow half-eladrin cannot help but look in Ghost's direction, sadness in his eyes, before turning to the buffet to grab something to eat.

theterran
2010-07-16, 03:47 PM
The cowboy comes strolling out of the blue door, obviously pleased with himself..

Shoot, that thar was fun! See, I won 'cause them two's tricks with tha 'OOO, I'm nice'....'OOO, I'm scary' didn't work on me none atall..."

Allan Surgite
2010-07-16, 04:32 PM
"I assume you aren't the smoking type, sir? I may have been, but my memory's fading awful fast. I'm worse then the gentleman with the nasty throat condition from earlier, sir." Caliga threw the cigarette into the air behind him, before lifting the fez and catching it in the hat with expertise. He placed the headgear upon his head once more.

"Are we allowed to observe the remaining Doors, sir, officially, sir, or should we wait here, sir?"

Shadow_Elf
2010-07-16, 04:43 PM
Meh, I'd prefer if you stayed here. But if you wanna watch the duels... Shadow casts Polymorph any Object on a pair of mangoes to make them into large mirrors. He affixes these to the wall with Mage Hands, and then casts a Scrying ritual on them. The two matches, Red Door and Green Door, flare to life on the mirrors. How's that, sir Caliga?

Eternal Drifter
2010-07-16, 04:59 PM
Meh, I'd prefer if you stayed here. But if you wanna watch the duels... Shadow casts Polymorph any Object on a pair of mangoes to make them into large mirrors. He affixes these to the wall with Mage Hands, and then casts a Scrying ritual on them. The two matches, Red Door and Green Door, flare to life on the mirrors. How's that, sir Caliga?

In the mirror leading to the green door, cards are being played... only by the cursed man.

Solitare cards.

"*Cough* *Cough* When will the duel start, I wonder... *Cough* Well, that goes there... ah, *Cough* another ace..."

theterran
2010-07-19, 09:15 AM
((RP for Alteria and Blue_Ghost Only!!! aka...Don't look if you aren't those two :smalltongue:

If I should conduct this kind of thing via PM, let me know.))

After Buck Walters departs down his own path, you feel a prick within your mind, and then the voice.

"Wow, I can't believe you lost to that pathetic cowboy. Honestly, what does that say about your own abilities concerning anything? Seriously, listen to this fool prattle on..."

There's another tingle and then you can hear Buck on the 3rd level.

"...Shoot, that thar was fun! See, I won 'cause them two's tricks with tha 'OOO, I'm nice'....'OOO, I'm scary' didn't work on me none atall..."

"You should be ashamed..."

And just as quickly as it came, the voice leaves you and your alone with the thoughts in your own head again.

Allan Surgite
2010-07-19, 09:16 AM
"Most appreciated, sir." Caliga settled down and stared with intent at the Green Door, as if attempting to coerce it into going faster by his will alone.

((theterran; if it's for their ears only, it might be better to contact them via PM with some details about what it is before RPing it. Either way, it might be better to put it in public and just say that it's for Altaria/Ghost's ears only.))

Altaria87
2010-07-19, 10:35 AM
Dark Altaria stops in his tracks as he emerges on to the Second Level.
":O. What was that!? Wierd... :/"

Blue Ghost
2010-07-19, 11:13 AM
The Hummingbird rune on Blue's arm suddenly blazes angrily, and Blue freezes into a trance.
Great Hummingbird, Destroyer of Love, Devourer of Souls, please forgive my failure. I shall not fail again. I promise, all the souls in this tomb shall be delivered to you. Give me another chance.

Allan Surgite
2010-07-19, 12:20 PM
Caliga shuddered and looked around. A few symbols appeared on his suit and glowed; symbols may have not been the best word. Runes, now that might have been a better word. They faded quickly after, vanishing back into darkness. "Welcome, cleric. Colonoh? I'm truly afraid."

Shadow_Elf
2010-07-25, 10:33 PM
Shadow has a hushed conversation with someone not in the room as everyone sees the Cursed Man call it quits in the Green Room. Well, that throws a wrench in my plans... okay, everyone! New matchups! Get ready! He waves his hand, and four dice, one six-sided, one five-sided, one four-sided and one three-sided, leap out into the middle of the room.

1 - Ghost
2 - Altaria
3 - Simon
4 - Calliga
5 - Maria
6 - Genie

Match 1: [roll0] vs. [roll1]

Match 2: [roll2] vs. [roll3]

Match 3: Remainder

Shadow grins. Master Altaria of the Churches of Bahamut and Tiamat, you shall be set against the Princess Maria di Valdorcia of Amiata. Master Phinee, you shall once again meet the Genie on the dueling field. Finally, Lord Calliga, you shall meet Blue Ghost on the dueling field. Now, Mary shall Adjudicate the first pair, Tama the second, and myself the third. Ghost, Calliga, please follow me through the Orange Door.

Would the sapient life forms known as Genie and Simon follow me through the Door whose defining colour is Teal, please.

Altaria, Maria, cheres, y'all're with me in the Magenta Door. See y'all on the other side.

Oh, and one more thing - those who are defeated will, from now on, follow the victors, if they so choose, so that they may observe future duels at their leisure. The defeated are, of course, also allowed to simply leave, if they so choose.

((I got homework. Someone else up to making the Teal, Orange and Magenta Doors' threads?))

Allan Surgite
2010-07-25, 10:42 PM
((Vivo est ministrio; I shall create the threads at once.))

Blue Ghost
2010-07-25, 10:43 PM
Blue Ghost's dead black eyes stare impassively at the shadow man. Caliga de Sententia. It will be a pleasure dueling you--and stripping the essence from your soul. Let us duel.

((I have to go now, duel you tomorrow.))

Allan Surgite
2010-07-25, 10:51 PM
((Magneta Door (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9003899), Teal Door (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9003920) and Orange Door. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9003930)))

Caliga gave a dry chuckle. "I assure you, my soul will be hard to prise from the shell it inhabits, sir Ghost. But I would like you to try; I have been attempting to do so for an age." As he spoke, motes of light escapes from his black suit; they gave off a fluorescent glow against Caliga's dark clothing, which had arranged itself into a loose robe, with a darkened hood. Locks of dark hair escapes from the long-sleeved robe, but the mask was still clearly in place. The motes were sucked back into the cloth of the robe, as Caliga followed Shadow through the door.

Raykura
2010-07-26, 12:51 AM
(Sorry for posting OOC in an IC Chat, but would it be okay if I modified my deck at this time? I assume I may only add in or take out in accordance with the cards in my side deck? And that that applies to both Main Deck & Extra Deck? For reference & approval:

Duelist #10: Raykura
Persona: Simon Phinee, AKA, "The Conductor"

Deck: GO GO SYNCHROS!! (42 Cards in this deck.)
1.Marauding Captain
2.Marauding Captain
3.Marauding Captain
4.Quillbolt Hedgehog
5.Plaguespreader Zombie
6.X-Saber Airbellum
7.X-Saber Airbellum
8.X-Saber Airbellum
9.Rescue Cat
10.Sangan
11.Key Mouse
12.Key Mouse
13.Nimble Momonga
14.Nimble Momonga
15.Nimble Momonga
16.Tuningware
17.Tuningware
18.Tuningware
19.Morphing Jar
20.Weeping Idol
21.Weeping Idol
22.Marshmallon
23.Spirit Reaper
24.Mystical Space Typhoon
25.Giant Trunade
26.Heavy Storm
27.Cold Wave
28.Lightning Vortex
29.Lightning Vortex
30.Pot of Avarice
31.Pot of Avarice
32.Swords of Revealing Light
33.Burial From A Different Dimension
34.Bottomless Trap Hole
35.Bottomless Trap Hole
36.Dimensional Prison
37.Dimensional Prison
38.Dimensional Prison
39.Dark Bribe
40.Dark Bribe
41.Dark Bribe
42.Mirror Force
Extra Deck: 15 Cards
Ally of Justice Catastor x2
Ancient Fairy Dragon x1
Black Rose Dragon x1
Brionac Dragon of The Ice Barrier x1
Goyo Guardian x1
Iron Chain Dragon x2
Mist Wurm x1
Red Dragon Archfiend x1
Stardust Dragon x2
Thought Ruler Archfiend x1
X-Saber Urbellum x2

Side Deck: 15 Cards

Royal Decree x2
Royal Oppression x2
Dust Tornado x2
Shadow Imprisoning Mirror x2
One For One x1
Foolish Burial x1
Urgent Tuning x2
Super Nimble Mega Hamster x2
Necro Gardna x1

Thank you for taking the time to read this, if you did.)

Allan Surgite
2010-07-26, 04:11 AM
((What did you change, exactly? Furthermore; you can make as many changes between the deck and the side deck as you want, yes.))

Altaria87
2010-07-26, 04:40 AM
"Oooh, a Magneta door. Swanky ;)"
Dark Altaria then walks through the Magenta door, waiting inside for his opponent.

Raykura
2010-07-26, 03:24 PM
((What did you change, exactly? Furthermore; you can make as many changes between the deck and the side deck as you want, yes.))

(I haven't made any changes yet, I want to add certain cards from my side deck. Although, I guess I could swap them in. And there's a card I found that I didn't put in my extra deck, & I now wish to replace a card in my extra deck with the new one I found, even though the new one is not in my side deck.)

Shadow_Elf
2010-07-26, 03:33 PM
(I haven't made any changes yet, I want to add certain cards from my side deck. Although, I guess I could swap them in. And there's a card I found that I didn't put in my extra deck, & I now wish to replace a card in my extra deck with the new one I found, even though the new one is not in my side deck.)

Sorry, but the rules for deck changes are as follows:

1) Your deck size may never change in any circumstance
2) Your deck must be the original for the first duel of each Match.
3) Between subsequent duels in the same match, you may make changes using only the cards in your Side Deck.
4) Your deck reverts to the original after a Match

I'm not sure what changes you have in mind, but they have to follow those pretty standard tournament rules.

Altaria87
2010-07-28, 03:17 AM
Altaria walks out into the next level, this time in his normal form, he had somehow overtaken the Princess as they walked up he stairs.
"Well, I've lost in this Tournament. Good job with the organisation, Shadow Elf, you do yourself credit."
He begins to cast a spell.
"However, I think I'd rather watch the rest of this tournament using my own means, rather than wasting space around here. Greater Tele-"
His eyes widen and he stops dea din his incantation when Calgia steps on to the floor as well. [Well, I presume he will]
"W-w-what are you?"

Allan Surgite
2010-07-28, 05:34 AM
"I am... yes, I am Caliga di Sententia; I am naught more than a conglomeration of souls sworn under the great and glorious Hummingbird. Why do you ask, cleric?" As he spoke, one could feel something in the air shifting every so slightly as he spoke. T'was as if his mouth was not saying the words he wanted them to; as if he was speaking, but the words were being changed in the air by something other than his tongue. He seemed unfazed by this, but his shadow seemed to have a new glare; if you could turn it into words, it would probably say "if you know what is going on, say nothing or I'll dismember you."

Not a very friendly stare, you can imagine.

Altaria87
2010-07-28, 05:36 AM
"Y-you just seem a bit d-d-different."
Altaria still stutters with fear, he clearly prepares another Greater Teleport to use if things get ugly.
"W-what have you done with Ghost? W-where is he?"

Allan Surgite
2010-07-28, 05:49 AM
"I have done naught with the being known as Ghost; he has been released from his suffering. I only wish I could do the same... alas, it matters not. Where you not leaving, sir Cleric? Leave, pathetic fool! I really do think you should leave. I am the same as I always am; one who seeks the undoing of suffering, and the suffering of the weakling Ghost has been undone."

Altaria87
2010-07-28, 05:53 AM
"Y-you don't mean that y-you've..."
Altaria doesn't finish the sentence, as he can already work out what has happened. He turns towards wherever Shadow is this time.
"I must go now... No doubt you also realise strange things are happening. I will still watch the duels from afar though."
Greater Teleport
In a silver flash, Altaria is gone.

Shadow_Elf
2010-07-28, 06:14 PM
Shadow had stared in silence at the duel between Caliga and Ghost. He was relieved when his friend had the Hummingbird's curse lifted, but the entire time he was channeling his Exodia duel spirit in case things went awry.

Shadow turns to Altaria as he leaves. Mary has just had a sentiment that I find myself sharing - why can't our tournaments here in the Playground ever be mundane? He laughs. Worry not, Altaria. The Tomb is full of Exarchs of the Forbidden One - no one would attempt to stand against the combined might of myself, Mary, Blackmanor, Tama and The Gardener, now would they? He gestures to Maria and Aellya. Would Misses di Valdorcia and Flarestar please follow me through the Ruby Door (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9026192#post9026192)?