PDA

View Full Version : What’s in a DMing screen?

Bobmufin52
2010-07-12, 02:07 PM
Hey formers, I was hoping to get a DM screen for D&D3.5, but alas, I can’t find any. So I was wondering if I could just get a list of what tables are on a DM screen, and I could just make my own screen instead of hunting around all over the place to find one.

Lhurgyof
2010-07-12, 02:13 PM
I don't recall there being any either. Probably Good Save/Poor save and BAB progressions, XP tables, common skill DC's, Grappling rules, etc.

Naia
2010-07-12, 02:17 PM
Well - pretty much anything you find handy during a session.

But here's some examples:

- DC for various skill checks (Listen, Search, Climb, Concentration etc.)
- Distance & duration of light sources
- Examples of different type combat actions
- Cover & concealment
- Turning table
- Item hit points

valadil
2010-07-12, 02:19 PM
I don't think I ever used a single value from my 3.5 DMing screen. Instead it was covered with sticky notes of random names (male, female, surname, titles, and taverns) and rules details for rules I had trouble remembering. Oh and notes on the characters.

Eldan
2010-07-12, 02:32 PM
Map of the area and map of the world (if there is one); short summary of PC abilities I'd forget often; list of 20 male and 20 female NPC names for different races; 40 medieval crafts and jobs for the lower class (because I need a few more than just cobbler, smith and carpenter); list of 100 random small items to be found in someone's pocket, bag, chest, etc; list of random minor magical effects and disturbances.

There were a few others, but I don't remember.