PDA

View Full Version : Eidetic Spellcaster

Exthalion
2010-07-12, 04:02 PM
Is there any way to remove the cost of incense to learn spells? Blessed book and the like do it for normal casters, but what about this ACF?

Boci
2010-07-12, 04:04 PM
Is there any way to remove the cost of incense to learn spells? Blessed book and the like do it for normal casters, but what about this ACF?

Elven generalist allows you to add three spells per level instead of two. Thats all I can think of right now.

Exthalion
2010-07-12, 04:06 PM
The problem is that while I have over 100 spells known, I want to more or less just have them all. But that would cost tons of gold.

Havok4
2010-07-12, 04:24 PM
Major creation to magic up the stuff you need. It will vanish in a few hours but by that time it will not matter.

Boci
2010-07-12, 04:31 PM
Major creation to magic up the stuff you need. It will vanish in a few hours but by that time it will not matter.

I'm pretty sure you cannot create magical items.

The problem is that while I have over 100 spells known, I want to more or less just have them all. But that would cost tons of gold.

Well I heard sepia snake can be abused to do this. Something about going to a wizards academy, deliberatly failing to scribe a scroll, then getting out of paying based on that, then using the spell to learn it latter.

Keld Denar
2010-07-12, 04:56 PM
Its Secret Page, and its kinda on the fringe of what most people allow in their games.

You can always do something like transmute cows to salt and sell them. Cows are big and cheap, and turn into a lot of salt when you Flesh to Salt them. Bring a sledge hammer to break up the pieces so people won't recognize your tricksy ways. The cow salt is permanent given that Flesh to Salt has an instantaneous duration.

Fax Celestis
2010-07-12, 05:03 PM
You can always do something like transmute cows to salt and sell them. Cows are big and cheap, and turn into a lot of salt when you Flesh to Salt them. Bring a sledge hammer to break up the pieces so people won't recognize your tricksy ways. The cow salt is permanent given that Flesh to Salt has an instantaneous duration.

Or, you know, use the same trick on other spellcasters, and steal their spellbooks before selling the salt. Double your pleasure, double your fun, with doublesaltmint gum!