PDA

View Full Version : Can a soulbow gain psionic focus?

gomipile
2010-07-12, 07:43 PM
In order for a soulbow to use the phase arrow ability, she must have psionic focus. However, to gain psionic focus, a character must have at least one power point. Neither the soulbow prestige class, nor the soulknife(which is the only psionic class required to become a soulbow) grants power points.

So can a soulbow (who only has what is absolutely required to become a soulbow) gain psionic focus and use the soulbow ability phase arrow?

Snake-Aes
2010-07-12, 07:45 PM
Soulknives do gain a single power point. It's a free feat at level 1: Wild Talent

A soulknife gains Wild Talent as a bonus feat. (This class feature provides the character with the psionic power he needs to materialize his mind blade, if he has no power points otherwise.)

gomipile
2010-07-12, 07:46 PM
Oops. I missed that. :) Thanks for the catch.

Fouredged Sword
2010-07-12, 07:47 PM
I would read RAW as a no, but I would say RAI that makes no sense. You would need to take a feat or have a race that grants a PP.

ToySoldierCPlus
2010-07-12, 07:53 PM
I would read RAW as a no, but I would say RAI that makes no sense. You would need to take a feat or have a race that grants a PP.

Soulkinfe 1 grants the Wild Talent feat, which grants 2 power points.

Wild Talent [General]

Your mind wakes to a previously unrealized talent for psionics.
Benefit

Your latent power of psionics flares to life, conferring upon you the designation of a psionic character. As a psionic character, you gain a reserve of 2 power points and can take psionic feats, metapsionic feats, and psionic item creation feats. You do not, however, gain the ability to manifest powers simply by virtue of having this feat.

So yes, RAW a Soulbow can gain Psionic Focus. There's no problem there.