PDA

View Full Version : [3.0/.5] Racial Sub question.

mjames
2010-07-12, 07:48 PM
If you take a racial substitution level, does that force you to take the other substitution levels? (Example. First level ElfWiz level, do they have to take Substitution levels at 3rd and 5th)

Thanks for the help in advance everyone.

2nd question: In your opinion, what's the best Racial Substitution? (I say halfling druid for the win. :-) )

Fax Celestis
2010-07-12, 07:49 PM
No, you don't have to take all of a racial sub class.

Optimystik
2010-07-12, 08:13 PM
Where's Gnome Druid? I only see Bard, Illusionist and Ranger for Gnomes in RoS.

Untapped Potential gives the psionic races (http://dsp-d20-srd.wikidot.com/racial-specialty-levels) some good ones.

I like the Elf Wizard ones in RotW, and the Changeling ones in RoE.

mjames
2010-07-12, 08:30 PM
Correct, sorry I am at work meant Halfling Druid. Will fix.

(Halfling druid get bonus to riding their Companion)

sreservoir
2010-07-12, 08:32 PM
while we're at is, is Elan Psion 1 (http://dsp-d20-srd.wikidot.com/elan-psion) basically free for erudite (which are technically a variant psion), or is there a stipulation against variations?

(it's basically nullified by Elan Psion 3, but.)

Optimystik
2010-07-12, 08:38 PM
I'd probably not allow the sub to work - Erudites get great ACFs already, and all the other psion subs are definitely psion-specific. (e.g. Kalashtar Telepath, Changeling Egoist.) Though they are indeed variant psions, none of the Psion ACFs are cross compatible with Erudite or vice-versa, which says to me they're different enough in that respect.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-07-12, 08:39 PM
I second Changeling racial subs!!! both egoist for sheer egoist power!!! rogue are more skills than you will ever see again and the wizard is lulzy for me since my familiar can chage (If I ever play a changeling wizard, I will take imporved familiar and lol at my coure eladrin changing into an imp at my whims....think it is allowed by RAW but I am not sure)

Also the Warforged artificer are pretty neat.

Keld Denar
2010-07-12, 08:44 PM
Dwarf Fighter1 is pretty decent. It kinda pigeonholes you into using an axe or axe-like weapon, but if that was your goal, you garner a couple more HP from it and lose nothing, especially if you are headed for a PrC or feat chain that requires Weapon Focus (otherwise BLARG!).