PDA

View Full Version : Wisdom and Dexterity

TechnOkami
2010-07-12, 10:26 PM
What races offer the best of both of these?

Koury
2010-07-12, 10:26 PM
Shadow Blade Swordsage?

EDIT: Must learn to reading comprehend. :smallsigh:

Lhurgyof
2010-07-12, 10:27 PM
Githzerai?

TechnOkami
2010-07-12, 10:28 PM
Shadow Blade Swordsage?

EDIT: Must learn to reading comprehend. :smallsigh:

Hardeeharharr. :D

PId6
2010-07-12, 10:30 PM
Dragonwrought Kobold solves all problems.

Alternatively, Anthropomorphic Lizard, Monkey, Rat, Raven, or Weasel.

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-07-12, 10:31 PM
Primordial Winged Incarnate Construct Warforged Scout. -6 Str +4 (maybe +6?) Dex -2 Con +4 Int +2 Wis +2 Cha. all for 0 LA.

For a more serious answer, check out the Gith races. Or a templated elf.

Defiant
2010-07-12, 10:33 PM
*laughs*

Will people stop flinging that Incarnate Construct around??

Fouredged Sword
2010-07-12, 10:34 PM
That's a finely aged wheel you got there. Cheeze aged to perfection!

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-07-12, 10:37 PM
*laughs*

Will people stop flinging that Incarnate Construct around??

Hey now, is it my fault that it fits for just about everything you could ever want? :smalltongue:

PId6
2010-07-12, 10:38 PM
Primordial Winged Incarnate Construct Warforged Scout. -6 Str +4 (maybe +6?) Dex -2 Con +4 Int +2 Wis +2 Cha. all for 0 LA.
Does not work. Primordial Giant requires giant type, and Incarnate Construct only turns you into giant type if you were Large or larger to begin with. You'll have to drop the Primordial part.

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-07-12, 10:42 PM
Does not work. Primordial Giant requires giant type, and Incarnate Construct only turns you into giant type if you were Large or larger to begin with. You'll have to drop the Primordial part.

This is true, assuming you don't have a means to grow like Expansion. You only need to be large when the spell reaches completion to get the giant type. Although, to be fair, Primordial Giant probably won't do you much in this case.

gallagher
2010-07-12, 10:43 PM
Dragonwrought Kobold solves all problems.

Alternatively, Anthropomorphic Lizard, Monkey, Rat, Raven, or Weasel.but not the bat?

dextercorvia
2010-07-12, 10:44 PM
He's taking the reading that if he was Large when he acquired the template even temporarily, then he got the Giant type. So tatoo of expansion would work.

Edit:Try to be helpful, and all you get is ninja'd.

PId6
2010-07-12, 10:45 PM
This is true, assuming you don't have a means to grow like Expansion. You only need to be large when the spell reaches completion to get the giant type. Although, to be fair, Primordial Giant probably won't do you much in this case.
There's also the problem that Primordial Giant is an inherited template, while Incarnate Construct is acquired, so there's that disconnect as well.

but not the bat?
No Dex bonus.

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-07-12, 10:49 PM
There's also the problem that Primordial Giant is an inherited template, while Incarnate Construct is acquired, so there's that disconnect as well.

I'm assuming that these Warforged would act much like humans with their new-found libido.:smallbiggrin:

So, yeah, it technically doesn't hold up for the first generation. I vaguely recall there being an argument for such to apply at character creation with Dragonwrought Dragonspawn Kobolds through some sort of voodoo logic, but it didn't hold much water for me. So, yeah. Again.

TechnOkami
2010-07-12, 10:54 PM
Since we're all so far from the thread at hand, I have a new question. How can I make a Tyrannosaurus Rex have a high dex and wis? As for sentience, a druid could awaken him or something.

PId6
2010-07-12, 11:01 PM
Since we're all so far from the thread at hand, I have a new question. How can I make a Tyrannosaurus Rex have a high dex and wis? As for sentience, a druid could awaken him or something.
Items? Animals can wear the same magic items as humanoids, so Gloves of Dexterity (it kinda has hands) and Periapt of Wisdom will work fine. Also Tomes/Manuals or Wishes for inherent bonuses.

Alternatively, find templates. The Warbeast template from MM2 adds +2 Wis, among other bonuses. The Winged template from Savage Species adds +4 Wis and +2 Dex if you can get it on there somehow. Both can be applied to animals.

TroubleBrewing
2010-07-12, 11:39 PM
... Animals can wear the same magic items as humanoids...

Can I get a page citing for this? It's not that I don't believe you, because I do, but I need proof for a disbelieving DM because of a character I'm making. (Monkeys make SICK crossbow assassins.)

PId6
2010-07-13, 12:23 AM
Can I get a page citing for this? It's not that I don't believe you, because I do, but I need proof for a disbelieving DM because of a character I'm making. (Monkeys make SICK crossbow assassins.)
The core rules deal mostly with PCs, but the Rules Compendium makes it much more clear (check p. 83-84). Basically, as long as the creature has the body parts for it, they can wear magic items designed for that slot. The book goes into specific details on what slots you get if you're armless/fingerless/headless/whatever.

However, remember that animals may not have the Int to use certain items. If they're Int 1-2, continuous items (like Gloves of Dex) will still function on them, but they're likely not smart enough to use weapons or activate items like Healing Belts.

Hague
2010-07-13, 01:47 AM
Yep. One ring of sustenance and you'll never have to worry "did I forget to feed and water my horse in this desert?"

LibraryOgre
2010-07-13, 03:26 PM
Yep. One ring of sustenance and you'll never have to worry "did I forget to feed and water my horse in this desert?"

Or, in this case, "Did I forget to feed and water my Tyrannosaurus this morning?" :smallsmile:

Seriously, what WOULD be the effect of a Ring of sustenance on a predator?