PDA

View Full Version : Legacy Weapons. (3.5)

Munchkin-Masher
2010-07-13, 11:27 AM
In the campaign im DMing right now my players have just hit level 5 and are about to confront the BBEG of the campaign, and i was thinking of adding some Legacy weapons for them in the hoard (It's a dragon, go figure)

I was thinking of this because,

1. My players have expressed that they don't particularly enjoy managing their equipment and i thought this would make a nice and easy way to lessen the ammount of Magi-Mart shopping.

2. It's an easy way to for the PCs to have distinct equipment that expand on what the characters are already good at.

3. it's a easy way to create side stories in case i ever run out of ideas.

4. i think they're kinda cool.

Now if i do this, will be tampering soemwhat with the rules of lagacy weapons, so that the penalties aren't as severe as they are by the rules (ie. no spell slot sacrifices)

And i'll likely be refluffing the weapons i pick.

Does anyone here have any experience with Legacy Weapons or any advice as to how to handle it?

Caphi
2010-07-13, 11:32 AM
Legacy weapons don't actually alter existing equipment rules. They just take an existing magic sword and attach some abilities and penalties. There's not much you can do to take WBL balancing away from D&D.

If they don't like magic item shopping, they don't need to do it. You can just pick items you think they would enjoy and seed treasure piles with them, and they need never crack open the MIC.

Jacque
2010-07-13, 11:35 AM
Legacy Weapons are a great way to introduce some epicness into the game. I've DMed a game where all my players had some kind of weapon of legacy, and my players loved it. It makes levelling up much more fun, especially for the simple melee classes.

Mind you, thought, that I didn't use the creation rules from Weapons of Legacy. The power level of my campaign didn't correspond with the power level in the book. The world we played in was a low fantasy world, so the weapon (or item as we called it) of legacy had to fulfill several key magic item slots and therefor had to be more powerful. This all in all went well with the artifact-nature of the item in the low fantasy world.

I have one advice though, which you should give some serious consideration. In my campaign, I gave out the complete sheet from level 1 to level 20 as to what abilities their items gave them. You might consider keeping it a secret from level to level, making it a pleasant surprise when they level up (careful though, it can also turn into a dissapointment).

If you would like, then I can see if I can find the write-ups for the legacy items and post them here?

Munchkin-Masher
2010-07-13, 12:04 PM
Legacy Weapons are a great way to introduce some epicness into the game. I've DMed a game where all my players had some kind of weapon of legacy, and my players loved it. It makes levelling up much more fun, especially for the simple melee classes.

This was more or less exactly what i was thinking.

I have one advice though, which you should give some serious consideration. In my campaign, I gave out the complete sheet from level 1 to level 20 as to what abilities their items gave them. You might consider keeping it a secret from level to level, making it a pleasant surprise when they level up (careful though, it can also turn into a dissapointment).

I was thinking about this as well, i think i'm gonna keep it secret. I think it will be pretty neat for them to level up and gain things they maybe didn't expect.

If you would like, then I can see if I can find the write-ups for the legacy items and post them here?

That would be really great. If you would I would really appreciate it.

Master_Rahl22
2010-07-13, 12:31 PM
You should seriously consider reducing the penalties to attack as well. "OMG I have this uber sword that gets more powerful as I do and... makes it harder for me to hit stuff... :smallannoyed:" In fact, you would probably be able to have them pick one or maybe 2 of the penalties that apply and ignore the rest. These are the primary reason most people think the Legacy Weapons in the book kinda suck.

Munchkin-Masher
2010-07-13, 12:37 PM
You should seriously consider reducing the penalties to attack as well. "OMG I have this uber sword that gets more powerful as I do and... makes it harder for me to hit stuff... :smallannoyed:" In fact, you would probably be able to have them pick one or maybe 2 of the penalties that apply and ignore the rest. These are the primary reason most people think the Legacy Weapons in the book kinda suck.

That's what i was thinking. Making so that the Great big Barbarian could pick something that wouldn't impact him so much, like a penalty to skill points or reflex saves.

Jacque
2010-07-13, 12:48 PM
Alright. Most of these were the first presentation. I haven't included the changes we made to some of them, as we did it verbally. Also, English isn't my native language, so some of it might sound like gibberish.

For the Sorcerer, who had to sacrifice himself to ressurect the titan of sorcery (Mesos). In return, the titan reconstructed the sorcerer:

Chosen of Mesos

Lvl Power Bond
1 Born from Magic, Legacy Bonus
2 Bonus Feat -2 hit points
3 Resistance I -1 skill check pen.
4 Bonus Feat
5 +2 Primal Bonus to Charisma -1 save pen.
6 Arcane Influx I Spell slot loss: 1st
7 Arcane Piercing I -1 caster level
8 +2 Primal Bonus to Constitution Spell slot loss: 2nd
9 Resistance II
10 +4 Primal Bonus to Charisma Spell slot loss: 3rd
11 Arcane Vulnerability, -2 hit points
12 Arcane Influx II Spell slot loss: 4th
13 Arcane Repertoire -1 skill check pen.
14 Arcane Piercing II Spell slot loss: 5th
15 +6 Primal Bonus to Charisma -1 save pen
16 +4 Primal Bonus to Constitution Spell slot loss: 6th
17 Arcane Influx III
18 Arcane Vitality Spell slot loss: 7th
19 Resistance III -1 skill check pen.
20 Arcane Architect Spell slot loss: 8th

Legacy Bonus: As a one-time bonus, the Chosen of Mesos receives 10,000 xp.

Born from Magic: Dissolved into the smallest building stones of fabric and remade by the hands of a titan like the races of old, the Chosen of Mesos no longer shares his material bonds with those he once called his people. Instead he is formed by the will of Mesos in the material which he calls his domain.
The Chosen of Mesos’ is imbued by the power of magic. His skin and organs only exists to contain the magic which now flows freely inside him. The Chosen of Mesos gains the following changes:
Creature Type changes to Fey
+2 Dexterity
Low-light Vision
Damage Reduction 10/Cold Iron

Bonus Feat: The Chosen of Mesos gains a bonus feat. The feat must be a metamagic feat or an item-creation feat. Prerequisites for the feat must be filled.

Resistance: Being so attuned to magic, the Chosen of Mesos is more capable of avoiding its harmful effects. Upon reaching level 3, the Chosen of Mesos gains a +1 primal bonus to all saves versus arcane spells. This includes a Spell Resistance 10 + character level against arcane spells at level 9. At level 19, he is so attuned to magic, that he gains immunity to all arcane spells except those mentioned under Arcane Vulnerability. He can lower this immunity as a free action.

Arcane Influx: The Chosen of Mesos inner magical force becomes more dynamic. Upon reaching 6th level, he no longer casts his 3rd level spells and below as described in the Player’s Handbook. Instead he pools together all his 3rd level and below spells per day into a single arcane reservoir. Whenever he wishes to cast a 3rd level spell or below, he instead substracts the spell level from his total number of spells in his arcane reservoir. He can even apply metamagic feats in this way, but the spell must never be higher than 3rd level. This ability increases to 6th level at character level 12, and 8th level at character level 17.

Arcane Piercing: The Chosen of Mesos gains the Spell Penetration feat for free at level 7, and the Improved Spell Penetration at level 14.

Arcane Vulnerability: Three spells always harms the Chosen of Mesos: A Dispel Magic deals damage accordingly to the caster check of the caster. There is no save against this. A Greater Dispel Magic also deals damage accordingly to caster check and prevents the Chosen of Mesos from casting arcane spells for 1 round. Fortitude save halves the damage and removes the additional effect. A Mordenkainens Disjunction requires the Chosen of Mesos to succeed a Fortitude Save or die. Even if he saves, he still receives 3d8 points of damage.

Arcane Repertoire: The Chosen of Mesos increases his number of spells known equal to his Charisma Modifier.

Arcane Vitality: The Chosen of Mesos can draw upon his magical energies for additional stamina. He may choose to substract damage taken from his arcane reservoir instead of his hitpoints. Doing this requires 2 points of arcane reservoir points per damage taken.

Arcane Architect: The Chosen of Mesos’ Arcane Influx increases to include level 9 spells as well. In addition, he can increase his spells with metamagic feats to a maximum of level 11 spells.

For the dwarven brawler, who discovered he was the only known descendant of a legendary dwarven king. His item was a bracelet:

Asguard

Lvl Power Bond
1 Bonus feat: Blood of Kings, Legacy Bonus -2 hit points
2 –
3 Gaze of Truth -1 skill check pen.
4 –
5 Hardened Skin I -1 save pen.
6 +3 Enhancement Bonus to Wisdom -2 hit points
7 Limbs of Endurance
8 +3 Enhancement Bonus to Constitution -1 skill check pen.
9 +3 Enhancement Bonus to Strenght
10 Hardened Skin II -1 save pen.
11 +6 Enhancement Bonus to Wisdom -2 hit points
12 Heart of Valor, Indomitable I
13 +6 Enhancement Bonus to Constitution -1 skill check pen.
14 +6 Enhancements Bonus to Strenght
15 Soul of Mercy, Hardened Skin III -1 save pen
16 Indomitable II -2 hit points
17 Stone’s Embrace
18 – -1 skill check pen.
19 Hand of Justice
20 Stone Cold Stunner

Legacy Bonus: As a one-time bonus, upon equipping Asguard the wielder receives 10,000 experience points.

Bonus Feat: Blood of Kings:
Blood of Kings
[General, Dwarf]

You can legitimately claim direct descendance from the great dwarven kings of old.

Benefit: When dealing directly with other dwarves, you gain a +3 bonus to all Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Intimidate, and Sense Motive checks.

Special: This feat can normally only be chosen at 1st level; however, with your GMs permission, the unfolding of events in your campaign may allow you to take it for an established character.

Gaze of Truth:
The wielder of Asguard may cast the following spell once per day,
Gaze of Truth
Divination
Components: S
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No
Description
The gaze of truth is the first in a set of five virtuous spells that the wielder of Asguard calls the Avatar of Goran. The first virtue is truth; a dwarf’s word is his bond, and those who would question the veracity of a dwarf’s word may as well question his faith in Goran itself.
The gaze of truth enables the wielder of Asguard to momentarily empower her eyes with the light of truth, so that she may see through manipulative magic that enslaves the minds of innocent creatures and see the true nature of things shrouded by illusion.
Spell Effect
A wielder of Asguard casts the gaze of truth upon her own eyes, which takes one action. The wielder may then gaze upon any one creature or object within Close range (25 ft.), including herself, to determine whether the creature or object is currently under the sway of a mind-controlling dweomer or shrouded by illusion magic. Once the wielder has cast the spell upon herself, she must immediately gaze upon the creature or object in question, or the spell is lost. Therefor, it is a good idea to have the subject for the spell already chosen and within the spell’s range before casting it.
The power of this spell is enhanced as the wielder gains experience. When the wielder first obtains the ability to cast this spell at 3rd level, she is only able to determine whether or not the subject is currently under the effect of a magical enchantment (such as charm person). At 7th level, the wielder is able to detect both enchantment and illusion dweomers. At 10th level, the wielder may see through any illusion magic to reveal the true nature of the subject viewed and can identify the exact nature of magic at work (the spell or spells on the subject). At 13th level, the wielder learns of any special requests or requirements placed upon the targeted creature by a mind-affecting dweomer. For example, the wielder would know the instructions of a geas laid upon a creature or would know what a creature has been asked to do while under the sway of a suggestion.

Hardened Skin: The wielder of Asguard’s skin hardens as she progresses to gain levels. At level 5, the wielder gains a +3 bonus to her natural armor. This bonus increases to +4 at level 10 and +5 at level 15.

Limbs of Endurance:
Limbs of Endurance
Transmutation
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 round
Duration: 1 hour/level
Description
Limbs of endurance is the second In a set of five spells which is called the Avatar of Goran. The second virtue of a paladin is endurance. Only an enduring life can keep the society or community healthy for everyone, and only an enduring body will ensure the dwarf’s success against any odds.
Dwarves of Goran not only fight evil on behalf of their god, they carry out all tasks in a spirit of optimistic energy and fortitude. Dwarves believe that when Goran first mustered his initial coterie of dwarves he foresaw the arduous quests that dwarves would undergo in his service, and he imagined the privations that they would endure. For this reason, Goran created a spell that would enliven his servants during times when they experienced exhaustion in their eternal struggle against wickedness.
Spell Effect
The limbs of endurance spell grants the wielder of Asguard three powers. First, the dwarf’s tired body and mind feels a rush of energy as all feelings of exhaustion dissipate. Any penalties the dwarf suffers as a result of fatigue disappear immediately, as the dwarf becomes completely refreshed. Secondly, the dwarf gains a +1 sacred bonus to all fortitude saving throws as divine energy takes her above her normal state of endurance. Thirdly, the dwarf finds that she needs to rest for only half as long as normal while the spell persists.

Heart of Valor:
Heart of Valor
Enchantment (Compulsion) [Fear, Mind-Affecting]
Casting Time: 1 round
Target: Allies within 5ft./level
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: Will negates (see text)
Spell Resistance: Yes (see text)
Description
The heart of valor is the third in a set of five spells that dwarves call the Avatar of Goran. The third virtue of a dwarf is valor. While fighters may be brave for themselves, dwarves must inspire others with their valor.
Spell Effect
The heart of valor encourages the inspirational nature of the wielder of Asguard’s valor and bravery by augmenting her already inspirational ability and granting attack bonuses to her allies. Such is the nature of the heart of valor’s courage-invoking power that opponents of the wielder suffer penalties when facing the wielder in melee.
Once the wielder casts the heart of valor upon her, she grants her allies a +4 morale bonus similar to the paladin’s aura of courage. This bonus applies to any and all rolls made by the wielder’s allies involving fear effects. The heart of valor grants the wielder a +2 morale bonus to melee attack rolls and grants all allies a +1 morale bonus to melee attack rolls. Creatures engaging in melee with the wielder must make a will saving throw or be shaken (see core rulebook II p. 85) and suffer a -2 morale penalty to attack and weapon damage rolls and saving throws.

Indomitable: The wielder of Asguard gains damage reduction 1/- at 12th level. This bonus increases to damage reduction 2/- at 16th level.

Soul of Temperance:
Soul of Justice
Transmutation
Description
The soul of temperance is the fourth in a set of five spells which dwarves call the Avatar of Corean. The fourth virtue of a dwarf is temperance. In their pursuit of justice, dwarves attempts to subdue their opponents so they can receive their judgement among their peers.
Goran has rewarded those of his dwarves to display mercy to appropriate foes by granting this blessing and allowing the dwarf to defeat opponents in combat more quickly by subduing them rather than mortally wounding them.
Spell Effect
Upon imbuing herself with the soul of temperance, the wielder of Asguard gains immediate enhancing bonuses and abilities when dealing subdual damage. First, the wielder does not suffer the normal -4 penalty to attack when he is attacking to subdue with normal weapons. Secondly, the wielder gains a +3 morale bonus to attack and damage rolls during a round when the paladin is specifically attacking to subdue. Finally, when the wielder attacks for subdual damage, she may deliver critical hits even with a normal weapon, and her threat range is increased by +4.

Stone’s Embrace: Once per day, when you issue the command word and gesture with Asguard, you gain the benefit of the stoneskin spell. This is a spell-like ability with caster level 17.

Hand of Justice:
Hand of Justice
Transmutation
Description
Together with gaze of truth, limbs of endurance, heart of valor and soul of justice, the hand of justice completes the set of five spells that dwarves call the Avatar of Goran. Not only are these spells a means by which dwarves may carry out the good work of their deity, but they also represent sacred communion with Goran himself.
Each spell is associated with a specific part of the dwarf’s body and soul, and each spell derives its power from the five virtues of Goran: truth, endurance, temperance, justice and valor. While each of the spells grants a specific power, the five spells cast simultaneously upon a dwarf form the armor of the mountain king. Truly, a dwarf who dons this sacred armor becomes a weapon of might and divinity in the service of his god and his people. The extraordinary powers of this sacred suit of armor are explained below after the effects of the hand of justice.
The hand of justice represents the power of the fifth virtue of a dwarf. Justice comes in many forms. For the dwarf invoking this spell, justice means swift retribution upon those who have injured the son of Goran. Alternatively, the dwarf may refuse to attack his enemy for one or more rounds and gather special, retributive strength that may be unleashed upon his foe.
Spell Effect
When the wielder of Asguard invokes the hand of justice, she must choose which of two powers she will use, for she cannot use both.
The first power, the left hand of justice, provides the wielder with an immediate counterattack against any opponent who strikes him in melee. While the left hand of justice is invoked, the wielder essentially gets a single, extra attack of opportunity against any foe that damages the wielder with a melee attack or attacks, so long as the wielder is still capable of attacking after suffering the opponent’s blow.
The second power, the right hand of justice, allows the wielder to simply refuse to attack during any round of combat and only defend against an opponent’s blows. For every round the wielder forgoes the opportunity to attack, beginning with the round he casts right hand of justice, he increases his threat range to deliver a critical hit by a cumulative bonus of +4 for when he eventually chooses to attack. However, the bonus only increases during the round of the spell is cast and, thereafter, during rounds in which the paladin is within an opponent’s melee threat zone. The bonus only applies to the wielder’s next attack roll. The wielder may, of course, begin storing up retributive energy again as long as the right hand of justice lasts. Upon expiration of the spell, any stored bonus dissipates.
Finally, the extra threat range afforded by the right hand of justice does not count toward the special critical hit effects of vorpal weapons.

Armor of the Mountain King
When a dwarf casts all five Avatar of Goran spells upon her person, she creates a magical armor for herself called the armor of the mountain king. In order to achieve this armor, the dwarf must cast all five spells in succession upon her person, taking no more than one round in between the spells. Once invoked, the armor of the mountain king lasts as long as the heart of valor spell cast to create the armor remains in effect. When the dwarf finishes casting all five spells, other creatures watching the dwarf will see divine mists begin to swirl around the body of the dwarf, which then seem to meld to his body in the form of mystical, slightly luminescent armor. Once the dwarf has “put on” the armor of the mountain king, he gains many powers. First, the armor magnifies the five virtues within the wielder of Asguard, and this, in turn increases the wielder’s abilities by two points: temperance increases wisdom, endurance increases constitution, valor – strength, truth – intelligence, and justice – dexterity.
Second, the wielder automatically gains a sacred bonus of +3 to AC.
Third, the armor of the mountain king gives the dwarf a +3 sacred bonus to all saving throws versus spells cast by creatures that are either evil or chaotic. Finally, the armor the mountain king does indeed cast light in a 60ft. radius from the wielder. This light will supersede any magical darkness or shadow-creating spells of 3rd level or lower whose area of effect overlaps the light effect of the armor.
The armor of the mountain king is an abjuration magical effect and may be dispelled as if it were a separate 4th-level spell the wielder had cast upon her.

Stone Cold Stunner: This ability was first developed by the known combat-wrestler Stone Cold Steve Austin, who fought during the Divine War. Scholars still debate which side he swore allegiance to, and some even claim he didn’t fight for petty ideals like good and evil. He perished as he attempted to scale the biggest challenge he could find, pinning the strongest of the titans, Kadum the Mountainshaker. Although he didn’t succeed in his attempt, his finishing move is still taught to wrestlers all over the world. Once per day, when you make a successful melee touch attack against a foe, you can imprison that foe beneath the earth, as the imprisonment spell. You must declare that you are activating the effect before you make the attack roll. This is a supernatural ability.

For the ranged scout, who hunted down his totem animal and found out, it was a paragon phoenix:

Avira

Lvl Power Bond
1 Legacy Bonus, +1 Enhancement Bonus -2 hit points
2 Resistance to Electricity 5
3 +5ft Movement, Lightning Reflexes -1 skill check pen.
4 +2 Enhancement Bonus
5 +1d10 Electrical Damage -1 save pen.
6 +3 Primal Bonus to Dexterity
7 Call Lightning 1/day
8 +3 Enhancement Bonus, -1 attack
9 Control Winds 1/day
10 +1d12 Electrical Damage
11 Resistance to Electricity 10 -2 hit points
12 +4 Enhancement Bonus,
13 Power Word: Thunder 1/day
14 +6 Primal Bonus to Dexterity
15 +2d10 Electrical Damage -1 save pen
16 +5 Enhancement Bonus,
17 Whirlwind 1/day
18 +10ft Movement
19 Resistance to Electricity 15 -1 skill check pen.
20 Rebirth, +2d12 Electrical Damage

Legacy Bonus:
As a one-time bonus, upon equipping Avira the wielder receives 10,000 experience points.

Weapon Enhancements:
Upon reaching 1st level, Avira receives a +1 enhancement bonus to attack and damage rolls. This bonus increases to +2 at the 4th level, +3 at 8th level, +4 at 12th level, +5 at 16th level, and +6 at the 20th level.

Resistance to Electricity:
The wielder of Avira receives resistance to electricity 5 at 2nd level, resistance to electricity 10 at 11th level, and resistance to electricity 15 at 19th level.

Movement Increase:
The wielder of Avira receives a movement increase bonus of +5ft per round at level 3 and +10ft per round at level 18.

Lightning Reflexes:
The wielder of Avira receives the feat Lightning Reflexes as a bonus feat.

Electrical Damage:
The wielder of Avira receives a bonus to damage rolls. The damage bonus is +1d10 at 5th level, +1d12 at 10th level, +2d10 at 15th level and finally +2d12 at the 20th level.

Spell-like abilities:
Upon reaching level 7, the wielder of Avira is able to cast the spell Call Lightning like a spell-like ability. He further enhances his abilities at level 9 where he can cast Control Winds, level 13 where he can cast Power Word: Thunder, and at level 17 where he can cast Whirlwind. All spells can be casted once per day.

Rebirth:
Upon reaching lvl 20, the wielder of Avira is able to bring the Storm Phoenix back to life. As a standard action, the wielder can release his bow and by his will transform it into its original form, the Storm Phoenix Avira. Should Avira die during her release, she turns into an egg which hatches into a new Storm Phoenix during the next natural storm which the egg is exposed to. Avira has the following statistics:

For the human fighter who found out he possessed 1/6th of the powerful psionic being Psyclus:

Quiescent Psyclus

Lvl Power Bond
1 Legacy Bonus, Faculty x1 -2 hit points
3 Scorn Earth -1 skill check pen.
4 Sentiency I
5 Faculty x2, -1 save pen.
6 Psychometabolism -2 hit points
7 Mind over Matter
8 Sentiency II -1 attack pen.
9 Clairsentience
10 Faculty x3 -1 save pen.
11 Sentiency III -2 hit points
12 Metacreativity
13 Flanker -1 attack pen.
14 Psychokinesis
15 Faculty x4 -1 save pen
16 Sentiency IV -2 hit points
18 Psychoportation -1 skill check pen.
19 Sentiency V
20 Faculty x5, Telepathy

Legacy Bonus: As a one-time bonus, upon unlocking Psyclus the recipient receives 10,000 experience points.

Faculty: Although only possessing a diminutive fragment of the being Psyclus, the recipient is infused with nigh-unlimited power which the recipient can harness. Only the recipient’s comprehensive abilities defines the amount of power harnessed. Thus, the recipient of Quiescent Psyclus receives a Power Point Faculty equal to his Wisdom score plus his Wisdom modifier. Upon reaching level 5, the Wisdom modifier bonus increases to Wisdom modifier x2, x3 at level 10, x4 at level 15, and finally x5 at level 20.

Scorn Earth (su): At 3rd level, the recipient of Quiescent Psyclus’s feet can lift from the ground. Instead of walking, she glides along, unconcerned with the hard earth or difficult terrain. While she remains within 1 foot of a flat surface of any solid or liquid, she can take normal actions and make normal attacks, and can move at her normal speed (she can even “run” at a four times her normal speed). However, at a distance higher than 1 foot above any surface, her speed diminishes to 10 feet per round. Activating this ability expends 1 power point each turn.

Sentiency: The recipient of Quiescent Psyclus experiences a rapid development of his brain. Upon reaching 4th level, she receives a +2 psychic bonus to intelligence and wisdom. This bonus increases to +3 at level 8, +4 at level 11, +5 at level 16, and +6 at level 19.

Flanker (ex): A recipient of Quiescent Psyclus of 13th level or higher can flank enemies from seemingly impossible angles. She can designate any adjacent square as the square from which flanking against an ally is determined (including the square where she stands, as normal). She can designate the square at the beginning of the turn or at any time during her turn. The designated square remains her effective square for flanking until she is no longer adjacent to it or until she chooses a different square (at the start of one of her turns). The character can never choose a square that is impassable or occupied. Using this ability expends 1 power point each turn. For an extra 2 power points, the square can be occupied or impassable.

Psychometabolism (ex): Through the use of his power pool, the recipient of Quiescent Psyclus can enhance his physical statistics. This ability works as a free action, and can even be used outside the Recipient of Quiescent Psyclus turn, although the use of the ability must be called prior to any rolls wished to be effected. The price is 1 power point per stat increase per round, and only strength, dexterity and constitution can be affected this way.

Mind over Matter: The recipient of Quiescent Psyclus can now add her Intelligence modifier to her total Faculty pool.

Clairsentience (ex): The recipient of Quiescent Psyclus obtains a higher sense of awareness. He gains the Awareness feat for free. In addition, he is able to augment his reactions as he can slightly sense the nearest future, helping him anticipating enemy blows. This ability can not be used, while flat footed or when otherwise not aware of an enemy attack. This ability works as a free action, and can even be used outside the Recipient of Quiescent Psyclus turn, although the use of the ability must be called prior to any rolls wished to be effected. For the price of 1 power point per round, the recipient of Quiescent Psyclus can achieve a +1 dodge bonus. This bonus is cumulative up to a maximum of +5 (price: 5 power points per round).

Metacreativity (ex): Upon reaching level 7, the recipient of Quiescent Psyclus is able to as a move action; create a pair of semisolid blades composed of psychic energy distilled from her own mind. The blades are identical in all ways (except visually) to a short sword of a size appropriate for its wielder. A medium sized wielder for instance manifests a light weapon which deals 1d6 points of damage (crit 19-20/x2). The wielder gains the usual benefits to his attack rolls and damage roll from high strength bonus.
The blades can be broken (they have hardness 10 and 10 hit points); however, the wielder can simply create another on his next move action. The moment she relinquishes her grip on her blades, they dissipates.
The recipient of Quiescent Psyclus can further enhance these blades. While the blades are free to manifest, they can receive a +1 attack and damage bonus per round per 1 power point the recipient spends. This can stack up to a maximum of +5 in any single round.
If 3 power points are spent this way, the weapon also ignores up to 2 armor bonuses the defender might posses. If 5 power points are spent this way, the weapon ignores all armor bonuses the defender might posses and the weapon cannot be disarmed or sundered for the round. Powering up a weapon this way is a free action.

Psychokinesis (ex): The recipient of Quiescent Psyclus is able to further enhance her weapons or armor. As a free action she can imbue her items with extraordinary powers. These powers are equivalent to the armor and weapon properties from magic items lists. This power expends 1 power point per round per +1 the magic enhancement would represent.

Psychoportation (ex): The recipient of Quiescent Psyclus is able to slightly bend reality, making distance between two points much shorter. As a free action, she can instantly move in any direction. The price is 1 power point per 5 feet moved this way.

Telepathy: The recipient of Quiescent Psyclus is now in so much control of her mind, that she becomes immune to all external influences. From now on, she is unaffected by all mind-affecting spells and abilities, illusions and fears.

And finally the healer cleric of Madriel who is the neutral good deity for healing, family, birth, women etc.:

Orana

Description: Madriel knew that even her most faithful and diligent clerics could not be everywhere at once. She gave this spear to the elven general Orana, one of her favoured generals and a fierce foe of the undead. She used that spear to destroy Harlaak, a powerful lich that was one of Mesos’s mightiest followers. As Harlaak led a horde of undead against the Angel of Mercy’s troops, Orana rallied her troops around her, seeming to be everywhere at once, skewering foes and exhorting her troops with equal fervor. Finally, she defeated the great undead necromancer with the aid of a few of Madriel’s faithful, sending him to his final rest.
Before she fell in battle against a legion of Mormo’s medusas, Orana proved this weapon’s value time and again. After her general’s death, Madriel transformed Orana into a Battle Angel, and it is said she serves the goddess to this day.

Lvl Power Bond
1 Legacy Bonus, +1 Enhancement -2 hit points
2 -
3 Good -1 skill check pen.
4 Avatar: Guardian
5 Ghost Touch -1 save pen.
6 +2 Enhancement Bonus to Wisdom spell slot loss: 1st
7 Avatar: Custodian -1 caster level
8 +2 Enhancement Bonus to Charisma spell slot loss: 2nd
9 Avatar: Devout
10 +2 Enhancement spell slot loss: 3rd
11 +4 Sacred Bonus to Wisdom -2 hit points
12 Avatar: Redeemer spell slot loss: 4th
13 +4 Sacred Bonus to Charisma
14 Avatar: Repenter spell slot loss: 5th
15 Undead Bane -1 save pen
16 Avatar: Harbinger spell slot loss: 6th
17 -
18 Avatar: Crusader spell slot loss: 7th
19 +3 Enhancement -1 skill check pen.
20 Avatar: The Final Watch spell slot loss: 8th

Legacy Bonus:
As a one-time bonus, upon equipping Orana the wielder receives 10,000 experience points.

Weapon Enhancements:
Upon reaching 1st level, Orana receives a +1 enhancement bonus to attack and damage rolls. This bonus increases to +2 at the 10th level and +3 at the 20th level. Further, the weapon is able to penetrate damage reduction as if it is a Good weapon when the wielder reaches 3rd level, receives Ghost Touch at 5th level and Undead Bane at 15th level.

As a full round action, the wielder of Orana is able to open herself to Madriel. The wielder becomes a medium for Madriel’s power, and as the wielder progresses in levels she is able to perform great miracles with said power. This effect lasts for as many rounds as the wielder’s wisdom and charisma modifiers combined. This power is useable X/week where X is the wielder’s con modifier.
The wielder also receives Angelic traits as he progresses in levels and use his Avatar ability. These traits are cumulative:
Level 4: 60ft darkvision and low-light vision.
Level 7: Immunity to disease, fire, electricity, and petrification.
Level 9: Resistance to acid 10 and cold 10.
Level 12: +4 racial bonus versus poison.
Level 14: Good aligned (Ex), Any natural weapon or weapon wielded is considered good aligned.
Level 16: A Magic Circle against Evil always radiates 30ft, caster level same as wielder’s hit dice.
Level 18: Speaks all languages as the Tongues spell.
Level 20: Can cast Heal 1/day on self only.

The wielder of Orana is able sense the condition of her allies as if under the affect of the spell Deathwatch.

The wielder of Orana’s senses greatly expands, and she can now sense the condition of her allies on a greater magnitude. This functions like the spell Status.

The wielder of Orana is now so infused with divine energy; it protects her from the nether. While in her Avatar form, the wielder is considered to be affected by the spell Deathward.

Worshippers of Madriel does not only linger the physical wounds of the body. Healing is also for the mind and the soul. As such, the wielder of Orana can as a spell like ability cast the following spells once per week: Atonement, Restoration and Break Enchantment.

The wielder of Orana is able to call upon The Incarnation of Orana. As a full round action, the wielder summons Orana the Battle Angel from Madriel’s Paradise to her aid. Orana will stay until the wielder’s Avatar effect expires. Orana has the same statistics as a normal Battle Angel from Creature Collection III.

The wielder of Orana can now extend her holy energy to strike fear in the hearts of evil creatures. This expands her turn undead ability to also affect creatures with the evil alignment. Treat the affected creatures as if they have twice as many hit dice when rolling for max hit dice and number of hit dice. Evil creatures affected cannot be destroyed from the turn attempt.

The wielder of Orana is now able to empower her like-minded followers. Once per day, the wielder can cast Holy War (RR2) as a spell-like ability.

If the wielder of Orana should die a non-natural death, Archangel Madriel herself will step out from her celestial realm to instantly revive the wielder like the True Resurrection spell. The wielder will be restored to full hit points and any ability loss or level loss will be restored. The wielder will not have her spells restored.

Hope it might inspire you.

Ranos
2010-07-13, 12:53 PM
Y'know, if they're going to be in an epic fight like that, instead of just putting the weapons in the hoard, why not awaken their own weapons ? It gives them more of a link with their legacy.

Doesn't necessarily have to be their weapons either, take note of any object that took a major role in the fight (that rope you used to lasso the dragon, that tower shield that protected you from the dragon's flame, etc...), and once the fight is done, awaken each player's most important item.

And be very careful with penalties.

Munchkin-Masher
2010-07-13, 01:02 PM
A ton of cool stuff

Thanks man. Really helpfull, might try to brew something around this sort of stuff.

super dark33
2010-07-13, 01:14 PM
my DM made my group rings of the four elements,
whan we came to some elemental place, thay turned to kickass weapons:

earth hammer (with earth abillitys)
wind whip
fire scimiter
water mace

you can adjest tham for yourself

or you can make a soul of an ancint hero to bind in thair weapons, thus makeing tham have magical abillitys and make tham able to talk

Jacque
2010-07-13, 01:18 PM
my DM made my group rings of the four elements

What, no heart element? Then how did you summon Captain Planet? :D

HunterOfJello
2010-07-13, 01:19 PM
I like the idea behind Legacy Weapons, but the official ones all seemed pretty weak to me.

I should introduce a series of them in my own campaign...

dextercorvia
2010-07-13, 01:35 PM
Your Hellfire Warlock will thank you.