PDA

View Full Version : Pokemorphs as Playable races in D&D

SolidSkunk
2010-07-13, 02:00 PM
Working on a few ideas, so here I go.

RAICHU ANTHRO

Size and Type
Medium Sized
Augmented Monsterous Humanoid (Magical Beast, Electricity)

Special Qualities
Darkvision (60ft.), Evasion, Resistance to Electricity (20),
Thunderpunch: A Raichu's unarmed strikes are filled with lightning, and it does not provoke attacks of opportunity (as though it had Improved Unarmed Strike). They deal 1d4 base weapon damage, and an additional 2d6 electricity damage.
High Voltage (Ex): Electricity Damage dealt by the Raichu may be nonlethal damage at no penalty.
Electric Aura (Su): Once 1d4 rounds, as a standard action, the Raichu may elect to emit a burst of electricity dealing 3d6 damage to in a 10' radius spread centered on the Raichu.
Agility (Su): A Raichu may act as if hasted for a number of rounds per day equal to its hit dice plus its Charisma modifier. This ability can be activated or suppressed as a free action.
Overspark: A Raichu's electricity is so powerful they would short circuit if it wasn't for their tails constantly capacitating the electricity. At the end of any round in which the Raichu left the ground it suffers d10 subdual damage from its own ohms. Electricity resistance does not apply against this damage.

Abilities
+2 Dex, -2 Con
Like Elves, Raichu are lithe and agile creatures, but most of their energy is converted into electricity so they are often not as strong as other pokemorphs.

Skills
Raichu gain +6 to Move Silently when unarmored or wearing Light armor and when carrying a light load. The Raichu's footpaws meld to the ground under them to aid in sneaking.
Raichu also gain +2 to Hide in any forest, desert, or grassland that their fur coloring can take advantage of.

Level Adjustment
+1

For Valor
2010-07-13, 02:24 PM
At the end of any round in which the Raichu left the ground it suffers d10 subdual damage from its own ohms. Electricity resistance does not apply against this damage.

I laughed.

Also, aren't Raichu small?

Temotei
2010-07-13, 02:38 PM
Also, aren't Raichu small?

http://pokebeach.com/scans/gym-heroes/28-lt.-surge%27s-raichu.jpg

http://www.virtualgulfcoast.com/pokemon/images/raichu.gif

Both cards say 2'7", 66 pounds. They're definitely not medium-sized.

Lyndworm
2010-07-13, 03:09 PM
If this is based on the Anthropomorphic template from Savage Species (which it otherwise does not appear to be), than Medium is correct.

Small, Medium, and Large animals become Medium; Tiny and under become Small; Huge and above become Large.

SolidSkunk
2010-07-13, 03:30 PM
I kinda used the 3.5 template found here in the playground, plus some other customer things. But please, if you see something wrong, post it here and I'll take it into consideration.

Temotei
2010-07-13, 03:33 PM
It has immunity to electricity, but a resistance amount is listed. Just say it has resistance to electricity 20.

SolidSkunk
2010-07-13, 03:57 PM
Done! Thanks for the input.

SolidSkunk
2010-07-13, 04:05 PM
Original Creature

RAICHU

Size/Type: Small Magical Beast (Electricity)
Hit Dice: 12d10 (66 hp)
Initiative: +10 (+6 Dex, +4 Improved Initiative)
Speed: 50 ft.
Armor Class: 18 (+2 natural armor, +6 Dex), touch 16, flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple: +12/+13
Attack: Thunderpunch +18 melee (1d4+1 nonlethal and 2d6 electricity) or Thundershock +18 ranged touch (5 ft. increment, 2d6+4 electricity)
Full Attack: Thunderpunch +18/+13/+8 melee (1d4+1 nonlethal and 2d6 electricity) and Bite +13 melee (1d4+1); or Thundershock +6 ranged touch (5 ft. increment, 2d6+4 electricity)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: High Voltage, Thunderbolt, Thunder
Special Qualities: Evasion, Agility, Electric Aura, Resistance to Electricity 20, Overspark
Saves: Fort +8, Ref +14, Will +5
Abilities: Str 12, Dex 23, Con 10, Int 11, Wis 12, Cha 19
Skills: Spot +6, Listen +6, Hide +12, Move Silently +12, Jump +12
Feats: Weapon Finesse, Improved Initiative, Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack
Environment: Temperate Grasslands
Organization: Solitary, Pack (2-5), Family (1-2 Raichu, 0-3 Pikachus, 0-3 Pichus), Swarm (1-3 Raichus, 3-30 Pikachus, 1-12 Pichus)
Challenge Rating: 11
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Often Neutral
Advancement: 13-17 HD (Medium), 18-22 HD (Large)
Level Adjustment: —

A Pikachu can be evolved into a Raichu with a Thunderstone.

Combat Thunderpunch: A Raichu's unarmed strikes are filled with lightning, and it does not provoke attacks of opportunity (as though it had Improved Unarmed Strike). They deal 1d4 base weapon damage, and an additional 2d6 electricity damage.

High Voltage (Ex): Electricity Damage dealt by the Raichu may be nonlethal damage at no penalty.

Thunderbolt (Su): Every 1d3 rounds the Raichu may unleash a thunderbolt against a target within Close range (25 ft. plus 5 ft. per two levels). The thunderbolt has a 5' radius spread and deals 1d4 damage for each of Raichu's hit dice, Reflex Save for half damage (DC 10 + 1/2 hit dice + Charisma Modifier). Thunderbolt comes directly from the sky, and cannot be used indoors or underground.

Thunder (Su): If a Raichu is leading a Thunder it deals twice as many d6's as it normally would inflict d12s, and every additional Raichu adds +2 DC instead of the normal +1.

Electric Aura (Su): Once per round at will, the Raichu may elect to emit a burst of electricity dealing 3d6 damage to in a 10' radius spread centered on the Raichu.

Agility (Su): A Raichu may act as if hasted for a number of rounds per day equal to its hit dice plus its Charisma modifier. This ability can be activated or suppressed as a free action.

Overspark: A Raichu's electricity is so powerful they would short circuit if it wasn't for their tails constantly capacitating the electricity. At the end of any round in which the Raichu left the ground it suffers d4 subdual damage from its own ohms. Electricity resistance does not apply against this damage.

Lyndworm
2010-07-13, 04:15 PM
That creature should almost definitely be Small size. I've not much else to add.

SolidSkunk
2010-07-13, 04:30 PM
I didn't design the base creature so any complaints are accepted.

For Valor
2010-07-14, 10:38 AM
I don't quite understand how Anthros work, but I honestly wouldn't play this as a race. It's got too many random utilities that, while slightly interesting, aren't as beneficial as taking a level in a class, and the ability scores aren't obnoxiously high the way I like anthro ability scores (Anthro Frog=CoDzilla).

So this is a non-competitive anthro that few to no people would take. I recommend trying again.

Tanuki Tales
2010-07-14, 11:09 AM
Erm...that's not how the Thunderbolt attack works...at all.

In almost all the media forms for Pokemon (except the games), electric attacks are always self generated by the Pokemon in question, even Thunder.

And even then only the Super Smash series and the Pokemon Stadium series of games shows that Thunder or Thunderbolt is an actual bolt of lightning rather than just a high arcing internally created amount of electricity.

SolidSkunk
2010-07-15, 02:00 PM
If you wanna correct the mistakes there go for it, it's not my monster I was just using that as a basis for the one I made.

And the I made is EXTREAMELY dumbed down.

SolidSkunk
2010-07-15, 02:50 PM
Redub for those who complained about it not being competative.

RAICHU ANTHRO

Size and Type
Medium Sized
Augmented Monsterous Humanoid (Magical Beast, Electricity)

Special Qualities
Darkvision (60ft.), Evasion, Immunity to Electricity (20),
Combat Thunderpunch: A Raichu's unarmed strikes are filled with lightning, and it does not provoke attacks of opportunity (as though it had Improved Unarmed Strike). They deal 1d4 base weapon damage, and an additional 2d6 electricity damage
Thunderbolt (Su): Every 1d6 rounds the Raichu may unleash a thunderbolt against a target within Close range (25 ft. plus 5 ft. per two levels). The thunderbolt has a 5' radius spread and deals 1d4 damage for each of Raichu's hit dice, Reflex Save for half damage (DC 10 + 1/2 hit dice + Charisma Modifier).
Electric Aura (Su): Once every 1d4 rounds, the Raichu may elect to emit a burst of electricity dealing 3d6 damage to in a 10' radius spread centered on the Raichu.
Overspark: A Raichu's electricity is so powerful they would short circuit if it wasn't for their tails constantly capacitating the electricity. At the end of any round in which the Raichu left the ground it suffers d4 subdual damage from its own ohms. Electricity resistance does not apply against this damage.

Abilities
STR[+2]DEX[+6]CON[+0]INT[+2]WIS[+2]CHA[+4]

Skills
Raichu gain +6 to Move Silently when unarmored or wearing Light armor and when carrying a light load. The Raichu's footpaws meld to the ground under them to aid in sneaking.
Raichu also gain +6 to Hide in any forest, desert, or grassland that their fur coloring can take advantage of.

Level Adjustment
Suggestions go here

demidracolich
2010-07-17, 05:44 PM
Though the cards and stuff say it should be small, have you seen raichu's on the acutal tv show? They are over 4ft tall!

Lyndworm
2010-07-17, 06:21 PM
I have, in fact, seen the show. I dislike it for... multiple reasons. I always defer to the information specifically stated by the cards or in the games. As far as I'm concerned, the average Raichu stands 2'7 and weighs 66lbs. If you'd like to change it, that's your prerogative, but I consider it a break from canon.

Felyndiira
2010-07-17, 08:00 PM
I have, in fact, seen the show. I dislike it for... multiple reasons. I always defer to the information specifically stated by the cards or in the games. As far as I'm concerned, the average Raichu stands 2'7 and weighs 66lbs. If you'd like to change it, that's your prerogative, but I consider it a break from canon.

Just in case if you want to know, this is a Raichu morph as intended by the topic starter:

http://www.lolhelensucks.com/nplu/soshi/sexyraichumorph.jpg

Lyndworm
2010-07-17, 09:21 PM
I am aware of that. His Morph is based on a Raichu stat block which has Raichu listed as a Medium creature.

Earlier in the thread I supported making the Morph a medium creature.

radmelon
2010-07-18, 10:35 AM
Interesting... Not too bad, but if you're going to make it more of a race and less just an adjustment of a fairly mediocre critter (12 HD? Really?), then remember: Simpler is better.

Also, where is the 3.5 anthropomorphic template? The 3.0 one is sorely lacking.

Lyndworm
2010-07-18, 11:56 AM
As far as I know, the one in Savage Species is the only one published.

radmelon
2010-07-20, 08:40 AM
Sorry, I thought I saw someone refer to another one. My bad.