PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder - Question re: Familiars & "Deliver Touch Spells"

Armoury99
2010-07-13, 03:03 PM
Help me please, oh mighty-brained behemoths of gaming!!!

Deliver Touch Spells (Su): If the master is 3rd level or higher, a familiar can deliver touch spells for him. If the master and the familiar are in contact at the time the master casts a touch spell, he can designate his familiar as the “toucher.” The familiar can then deliver the touch spell just as the master would. As usual, if the master casts another spell before the touch is delivered, the touch spell dissipates.

Meaning.... using the master's touch attack score, right? Or would it be the familiar's score?

Thanks in advance.
I just suck at rules today... :smallconfused:

KillianHawkeye
2010-07-13, 05:27 PM
I think it needs to use it's own attack bonus.

Hague
2010-07-13, 05:32 PM
Which would generally be better, since they're usually tiny. The problem comes with the AoO that they provoke.

Get Improved Familiar and then raise your improved familiar from birth and get it trained with the feats that you want. Enlarge a Winterwolf familiar, ride it into battle. Trample and deal a touch attack at the same time.

Does anyone have a good source for making your own improved familiars? Like some simple guidelines?