PDA

View Full Version : Leadership and LA Question

Rasman
2010-07-14, 02:55 AM
So for a pathfinder core game I'm going to play a Half-Dragon Human Monk. Half-Dragon in PF is a +2 LA and we start at level 9. Since there's REALLY not a lot for Monks in Core, I decided to look at taking Leadership since this is a "oh god...don't even look at it or you might die" type of campaign. But when determining my leadership skill, we weren't sure if I was treated at being a 9th level character or a 7th because of the level adjustment. How exactly would this work? Atm, if it's 9th level, then I'd get an 8th level Cohort, but if not then it would just be 7th, I think...any thoughts?

Chronos Flame
2010-07-14, 02:58 AM
I am interested in the answer to this too, but whether you are counted as a 9th or 7th for your leadership score, the highest level of cohort you could atract is 7th anyway correct?

HasegawaTakumi
2010-07-14, 03:29 AM
Regardless of a character’s Leadership score, he can only recruit a cohort who is two or more levels lower than himself.

The feat says your Leadership score is equal to your level, not your HD, so your base score is 9.

Rasman
2010-07-14, 03:37 AM
I am interested in the answer to this too, but whether you are counted as a 9th or 7th for your leadership score, the highest level of cohort you could atract is 7th anyway correct?

yes, BUT, this REALLY matters because, it technically could mean that I could only have a 5th level Cohort since I only have seven class levels, thus why I'm asking the question.

Regardless of a character’s Leadership score, he can only recruit a cohort who is two or more levels lower than himself.

The feat says your Leadership score is equal to your level, not your HD, so your base score is 9.

That was my interpretation, but my buddy who's helping me make decisions on the character said it COULD be the other way.

Coidzor
2010-07-14, 04:32 AM
No. It's referring to your ECL.