PDA

View Full Version : Minister Malack

Ra_Va
2010-07-14, 12:42 PM
I may have missed something, but I was reading through the last few pages again and it does not state what Malack worships. I'm fairly certain he mentions something about 'old gods' but this is not specific. Not knowing the Lizardfolk pantheon outside of warhammer doesn't help me much either but was wondering if i missed something.

Hardcore
2010-07-14, 01:42 PM
Yeah, that the subject has been discused at length elsewhere:smallsigh:

JonestheSpy
2010-07-14, 01:57 PM
Yeah, that the subject has been discused at length elsewhere:smallsigh:

That's not a reason not to be helpful - not everyone scans all the threads all the time.

Malack, worships the Western Gods, just like humans in the area do - Lizardfolk on the Western continent seems to be religiously integrated with the humans the same way Dwarves are on the Northern continent. The most likely contenders for the gods on the altar are Nergal and Laz.

fwiffo
2010-07-14, 02:02 PM
He is a closet Banjoist.

LuPuWei
2010-07-14, 02:42 PM
He is a closet Banjoist.

Aren't we all...

iDM
2010-08-06, 08:23 PM
Malack worships Nergal, god of Death and Destruction.

derfenrirwolv
2010-08-06, 09:24 PM

But its not the BAD death and destruction, more like the neccesary/inevitable death and destruction... the pit stop on the circle of life

NerfTW
2010-08-06, 10:58 PM
From what we know in the Crayons of Time story (easy to find on the archive page), the power of the various pantheons is geographically limited as per their agreement. Worshiping them outside their territory when not a cleric is a bit fool hardy.
Malack worships the Western Gods mentioned in that arc. The only other gods besides the Western, Southern. and Northern gods being the Elven and Goblin gods. (Barring any other "new" gods raised after the creation of the world.)

Kish
2010-08-07, 07:25 AM
"My master is Nergal (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0737.html)." Not sure why so many people (not, of course, the person I'm quoting here) think it's less specific or more ambiguous than that.

Edit: Oops, didn't look at all the post dates, now I see. :smalltongue: Still, Nergal.

Ricardo
2010-08-07, 07:43 AM
"My master is Nergal (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0737.html)." Not sure why so many people (not, of course, the person I'm quoting here) think it's less specific or more ambiguous than that.Because some people scan rather than read and miss important clues. I've been guilty of that which brings about the inevitable forum responses.

Yendor
2010-08-07, 08:15 AM
Because some people scan rather than read and miss important clues. I've been guilty of that which brings about the inevitable forum responses.
You mean, important clues like the first post being three weeks ago? :smallwink: At that time, it had not been made clear who Malack worshiped.

(Why some people feel the need to reply to threads that are weeks or months old like this, I don't know.)

Ancalagon
2010-08-07, 08:32 AM
(Why some people feel the need to reply to threads that are weeks or months old like this, I don't know.)

You just did it yourself. ;)

And the reason is simple: People feel SOMEONE IS WRONG ON THE INTERNET!!! :smalltongue:

iDM
2010-08-07, 08:49 AM
You just did it yourself. ;)

And the reason is simple: People feel SOMEONE IS WRONG ON THE INTERNET!!! :smalltongue:

If that was the only reason, I think a LOT more people would comment on posts that are weeks old.

Ancalagon
2010-08-07, 09:03 AM
If that was the only reason, I think a LOT more people would comment on posts that are weeks old.

It's the only reason people reply to anything on the net. The only AT ALL! :smalltongue:

Nimrod's Son
2010-08-07, 10:11 PM
It's the only reason people reply to anything on the net. The only AT ALL! :smalltongue:
No it isn't. :smallwink:

Marnath
2010-08-07, 10:27 PM
As long as we're going to continue defiling this threads corpse, may I just say Nergal in this comic looks a lot cooler than Hades does as lord of the dead.

Ancalagon
2010-08-08, 04:25 AM
No it isn't. :smallwink:

q.e.d. :smalltongue:

kerberos
2010-08-08, 05:12 AM

I agree entirely.

Querzis
2010-08-08, 01:57 PM
I agree entirely.

You do realize that if you agree with him you just prove him wrong since you just replied to him without feeling he was wrong.

Anterean
2010-08-08, 06:24 PM
You do realize that if you agree with him you just prove him wrong right since you just replied to him without feeling he was wrong.

I think that was the very reason he did so

iDM
2010-08-08, 06:24 PM
You do realize that if you agree with him you just prove him wrong right since you just replied to him without feeling he was wrong.

Quod erat demonstrandum.

Nimrod's Son
2010-08-08, 11:53 PM
:smalleek: I think they just changed something in the Matrix.