PDA

View Full Version : Apparently I have had a heart attack

Bhu
2010-07-14, 04:10 PM
Had an ekg done this week cause I felt sick at work (I am diabetic). Got told I've recently had a heart attack of some kind. Find out more tomorrow.

Xyk
2010-07-14, 04:16 PM
Now I'm no cardiologist, but that seems like something you would notice.

Eurus
2010-07-14, 04:16 PM
Wow. I've heard that you can actually have a heart attack and not realize that it's anything more than a chest pain, but never actually heard someone say that it happened to them. Good luck, and hope it was a one-time deal.

Eldpollard
2010-07-14, 04:17 PM
Wow. I really hope everything you hear is positive.

Xyk
2010-07-14, 04:30 PM
Wow. I really hope everything you hear is positive.

Oh yeah, this too. :smallbiggrin:

Eon
2010-07-14, 04:31 PM
Hope it turns out okay!

TheThan
2010-07-14, 04:41 PM

my (limited) understanding is that if its a really mild one you might not notice. But it'll make you feel weak and sick.

Also good luck with that, health conditions suck so very much.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-07-14, 04:42 PM
Woah. Uh...Well, you're alive!

The Rose Dragon
2010-07-14, 04:50 PM
Woah. Uh...Well, you're alive!

How can you tell? Maybe he's, like, a vampire or something.

Obviously we should check if he sparkles in sunlight. If he does, we stake him. If he immolates instead of sparkling, well, problem solved.

SurlySeraph
2010-07-14, 04:56 PM
I hope all goes well, and that there isn't a recurrence.

Also, since I spent most of yesterday talking to patients with diabetic ulcers, I'm going to urge you to be careful about your feet just on principle.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-07-14, 05:10 PM
I can't help but be reminded of the opening to a speech by a certain memetic badass...

I don't know whether you fully understand that I have just been shot; but it takes more than that to kill a Bull Moose.

But yeah, joking aside, I hope you're perfectly alright. You should be if you didn't notice it, but... (alright in the long term, that is. Heart attacks don't qualify as 'alright' ever, really).

Bhu
2010-07-14, 06:12 PM
It would explain why I've felt so 'meh' lately...

Copacetic
2010-07-14, 06:15 PM

Obviously we should check if he sparkles in sunlight. If he does, we stake him. If he immolates instead of sparkling, well, problem solved.

If he's a vampire, how can he have a heart attack? No pulse, ya'see.

Although I wouldn't but anything past Bhu. If he can have a heart attack and only feel "meh"...

The Glyphstone
2010-07-14, 06:16 PM

I thought you test for vampirism by tying them down, driving a wooden stake through their heart, then removing the stake. If they get back up, they're a vampire and you burn them. If not, they weren't a vampire.

Umael
2010-07-14, 06:34 PM
I am reminded of a story of man who was very depressed and suffered a heart attack. He survived, but figured he could commit suicide by over-exerting himself.

So he went running until he dropped.

No heart attack.

He tried it again the next night.

Still no heart attack.

He tried again, and again, and before too long, he noticed that he was healthier and wasn't depressed anymore.

Anyway, thought I would share that. Good luck to you, Bhu.

Rawhide
2010-07-14, 06:57 PM
The medical training I've received always identifies several misconceptions about heart attacks. Primarily, that someone clutching their chest and falling to the ground is actually rather uncommon and that it is possible for someone to have a heart attack and not know it.

I hope all goes well for you and, regardless of if this was a heart attack or not, you use it as motivation to improve your fitness and live a healthier lifestyle.

Bhu
2010-07-14, 07:29 PM
The doc is pretty sure it was one. He said the EKG scan he saw indicates damage, so I follow up tomorrow with a Cardiologist.

Trog
2010-07-14, 09:12 PM
:smallfrown: *bhu hugs*

Ranger Mattos
2010-07-14, 09:32 PM
So sorry to hear, Bhu :frown:

Primarily, that someone clutching their chest and falling to the ground is actually rather uncommon.
Being uncommon didn't stop it from killing my uncle this year, though :smallfrown: But this thread is about Bhu, not me.

So, hope you never have another heart attack again.

Starfols
2010-07-14, 09:47 PM
Well, if you didn't notice, it sounds like it's not gonna kill you anytime soon.

Hope that was all you're gonna get!

Cealocanth
2010-07-14, 09:52 PM
:eek: Uh, I don't know what to say Bhu. Sorry you had a heart attack, glad you didn't have to notice it.

Tirian
2010-07-14, 09:57 PM
Well, if you didn't notice, it sounds like it's not gonna kill you anytime soon.

Alas, that's not the way it works. The first heart attack is often free, but it damages the heart. The second one ... that can be an issue.

So here's to hoping that they keep you from getting a second one!

factotum
2010-07-15, 01:32 AM
Good luck, Bhu! Here's hoping it's not serious--or at least, as not-serious as a heart attack can ever get.

Lycan 01
2010-07-15, 01:36 AM
W... du wubba? :smalleek:

Wow, man. I mean, I'm glad it was a minor one instead of something serious. I mean, it sucks you had a heart attack, but at least now you know to get healthier and take care of yourself so you don't have another one or something...

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-15, 01:41 AM
Yikes! It sucks that it can sneak up on a person like that.

I've actually been having the reverse problem for years. I have frequently recurring chest pains in the area that would be alarm worthy. However no one has ever been able to tell me why I have them. I recently underwent several cardiologist tests which confirm that it's not a heart problem, but that doesn't help me figure out what it is.

Temotei
2010-07-15, 01:59 AM
Heart attacks aren't good.

Profound statement there.

Hope you feel better and nothing serious comes of this.

Crimmy
2010-07-15, 07:52 AM
The medical training I've received always identifies several misconceptions about heart attacks. Primarily, that someone clutching their chest and falling to the ground is actually rather uncommon and that it is possible for someone to have a heart attack and not know it.

I hope all goes well for you and, regardless of if this was a heart attack or not, you use it as motivation to improve your fitness and live a healthier lifestyle.

Exactly what I was gonna mention. Most people think that only if your left sides hurt (arm, leg, and the left side of the chest.) it is cardiac arrest. But for several people, it's simply feeling like you're missing breath, for others it's sleepyness, and the such.

Hope all's right now.

Lord Loss
2010-07-15, 08:20 AM
I hope it's something not very serious and that you get well soon.

Jarawara
2010-07-15, 09:18 AM
A cautionary tale...

A friend of the family, by the name of Dave, went to the doctor's just the Friday before last. He seemed to be having serious heartburn and a little trouble breathing. He thought it might be asthma, or the flu.

Doc said it was a heart attack. They checked him out, found that one artery was 60% blocked, another 80% blocked... and a third was 100% blocked. He went in the following monday for triple bypass.

He didn't survive the surgery.

So take it from the guy who just went through yet another funeral -- just because you didn't notice it before, take notice of it now. Something like this could kill you in a week.

Mr. Moon
2010-07-15, 11:07 AM
o.o
Oh dear.
Good luck with the doctor, Bhu. Hope everything goes well. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Edit: =/ Sorry to hear about that, Jarawara.

KenderWizard
2010-07-15, 12:25 PM
My grandfather had a first heart attack quite young, and the second one led to his death, BUT they were decades apart. He was careful to look after himself after the first one (he had been a heavy smoker and overweight before, and became much healthier afterwards), and he may have even gotten another decade or so beyond that except he wasn't diagnosed with haemochromatosis (too much iron in the blood) until it was far too late.

So, the two morals I take from that are:
1) Although a first heart attack can often mean further heart problems, the rules about how to look after yourself still apply, and you can avoid those further heart problems with some care.
2) You've got a better outlook than my granddad, because if he had had his first heart attack today, they would have been able to diagnose the underlying problem and treat it, as they have done for his children (it's hereditary) before they even started having heart trouble. Even if you don't have an underlying condition causing it, the fact that they can check and rule things out is very helpful for your treatment.

I hope everything goes well!

Bhu
2010-07-15, 03:27 PM
Let me start by saying thank you to everyone.

I am however quite enormously pissed off right now.

I get chest pains today and leave work for the ER like the doctor said. I get there and they hook me to the EKG and the heart monitor and draw blood etc. They then return and tell me "your doctor is an idiot."

I have no signs of a heart attack. The cardiologist verifies it. He's doing a stress test anyway to make sure there aren't problems. but I'm currently heart attack free. And very angry as I have no insurance and am now probably a few grand in debt.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-07-15, 03:30 PM
First off, congratulations. Second, that sucks. I'm really sorry about that.

Lycan 01
2010-07-15, 03:36 PM
Glad to know it wasn't a heart attack. But dude, THAT SUCKS!! :smalleek: Did they at least know what the original problem was? Maybe you can work out some sort of deal or payment plan or something since it was a misdiagnosis. At the very least, change doctors. :smallannoyed:

Ranger Mattos
2010-07-15, 03:48 PM
...Well at least you didn't have an actual heart attack. And I agree with Lycan 01, you should change doctors so you don't have a misdiagnosis again.

Mr. Moon
2010-07-15, 04:18 PM
Wait, a few grand?
*bites tongue*

Anyway, I'm glad you're okay. Switching doctors is probably for the best, yeah.

J.Gellert
2010-07-15, 04:26 PM
A few grant for blood tests and ECG? What the..!?

Tirian
2010-07-15, 04:39 PM
:eek:

I think that's the worst great news I've ever heard. *also bites tongue*

Don't give yourself a heart attack tearing your doctor a new hole.

KenderWizard
2010-07-15, 05:02 PM
Wow, what mixed news! I hope not having had a heart attack works out much better than having had a heart attack would have. ... That sentence was much clearer in my head.

I really hope you can sort out the financial side, that's terrible. And that you find out what caused the original problem.

lord pringle
2010-07-15, 05:06 PM
Well at least you can make more great homebrew like the cat burglar....

Bhu
2010-07-15, 08:38 PM
A few grant for blood tests and ECG? What the..!?

Every other time Ive been to teh ER, the minimum they bill my insurance for seeing me is 1600. Minimum. That's without bloodwork or x rays, or being hooked to machines. The cardiologist told me 'you can do the stress test in my office or the hospital". When I asked what the difference was he said "I charge 400 dollars, the hospital wants 1100."

Bhu
2010-07-15, 08:39 PM
Well at least you can make more great homebrew like the cat burglar....

It always does me good to meet a fellow cat fan :smallbiggrin:

Rappy
2010-07-15, 10:15 PM
It's good to hear you didn't have a heart attack, at least. The money thing must be aggravating, though.

*Hugs for Bhu*

BritishBill
2010-07-15, 10:24 PM

not always, you can be the victim, of a very mild one and it may not feel any worse than some heart burn

Cealocanth
2010-07-15, 10:41 PM
I agree with Tirian. That's the worst good news I've ever heard. What made that idiot doctor of yours think it was a heart attack?

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-16, 12:43 AM
In all seriousness, you should see if you can get your doctor and the cardiologist together so that they can compare notes. Perhaps your doctor saw something your first EKG that didn't show up on the second one. Perhaps this in turn needs further investigation.

The cardiologist had no business calling your doctor an idiot. Even if he thinks it's true, it's unprofessional. He might have just said something along the lines of "I'm not seeing what your doctor saw."

On the money issue - I'm not sure who you need to talk to, but I know that there are ways of getting that handled so that it doesn't all have to come out of your pocket. Last month GrandTroll broke his left femur. He was rushed by ambulance to Johns Hopkins pediatric ER. 12 hours later he was released in a cast and told to follow up with a doctor a few days later. My daughter is a waitress and her husband is unemployed. They have no insurance. The initial bill from the ER was nearly $2000. She clearly can't afford to pay this. She got some information from the hospital financial department after explaining her situation. Not surprisingly, the hospital treats many people who are unable to afford the treatment they receive and so the staff knows exactly what needs to happen to get financial assistance from state. She's applied for that assistance now and within a week got a letter of acceptance pending receipt of her husband's last four pay stubs to verify financial need. Since her husband hasn't had a pay stub in more than 18 months, this is pretty easy to handle. I don't know how much help she's going to get, but she's going to get help.

tl;dr - Talk to the hospital about your financial situation and see how they can help you with this.

Serpentine
2010-07-16, 12:56 AM
and he may have even gotten another decade or so beyond that except he wasn't diagnosed with haemochromatosis (too much iron in the blood) until it was far too late.
they would have been able to diagnose the underlying problem and treat it, as they have done for his children (it's hereditary) before they even started having heart trouble.My sister has haemochromatosis. Our family had to get checked for it - our parents are carriers, but I'm totally clear! :smallbiggrin: Nearly caused some serious family dramas when our dad and his doctor bungled the tests and said dad didn't have the gene at all (which would make him probably not my sister's father)...

Every other time Ive been to teh ER, the minimum they bill my insurance for seeing me is 1600. Minimum. That's without bloodwork or x rays, or being hooked to machines. The cardiologist told me 'you can do the stress test in my office or the hospital". When I asked what the difference was he said "I charge 400 dollars, the hospital wants 1100."Damn. That is messed up. A couple of years ago I went to the ER to get some drugs for a nasty 'flu one Friday night. They took my Medicare details, gave me dirty looks for going to the ER with the flu (Dr Mum told me to!), took a blood test, gave me the drugs... and that was it. Never heard from 'em again, didn't pay a cent.

Exeson
2010-07-16, 06:38 AM
A couple of years ago I went to the ER to get some drugs for a nasty 'flu one Friday night. They took my Medicare details, gave me dirty looks for going to the ER with the flu (Dr Mum told me to!),

That's almost as bad as calling an ambulance for a broken limb. :smalltongue:

I hate it when people do that

Bhu
2010-07-16, 10:24 AM
In all seriousness, you should see if you can get your doctor and the cardiologist together so that they can compare notes. Perhaps your doctor saw something your first EKG that didn't show up on the second one. Perhaps this in turn needs further investigation.

The cardiologist had no business calling your doctor an idiot. Even if he thinks it's true, it's unprofessional. He might have just said something along the lines of "I'm not seeing what your doctor saw."

The ER doctor called him an idiot. The cardiologist just kind of looked at teh EKG in obvious confusion and said "This is it? This is what your here for? There's nothing wrong with you we won't charge you for this visit, but schedule a stress test anyway since you're diabetic and have a lot of risk factors for heart disease."

The hospital is sending me financial assistance request paperwork today. Phew!

Lycan 01
2010-07-16, 02:43 PM
Good to hear that they're gonna cut you a break. :smallsmile:

Did you ever find out what the actual problem was?

EmeraldRose
2010-07-16, 05:03 PM
So, there was not actually damage to your heart? Is this something you feel the need for a 2nd opinion?

Very glad that you're ok, and hopefully it really was nothing! Also, good luck with filling out the forms. I've helped lots of people fill similar forms out in my job, and it's not really that bad. Mostly just providing bank statements and such.

Feel better!

KenderWizard
2010-07-16, 09:16 PM
My sister has haemochromatosis. Our family had to get checked for it - our parents are carriers, but I'm totally clear! :smallbiggrin: Nearly caused some serious family dramas when our dad and his doctor bungled the tests and said dad didn't have the gene at all (which would make him probably not my sister's father)...

Good news for you! :smallsmile: I haven't been tested yet, but my father has it. I'll get tested when I'm older, it almost never affects girls or young women, only men and older women. Hopefully me and my brother will be clear too!

The hospital is sending me financial assistance request paperwork today. Phew!

Good news for you too! I'm glad you're getting sorted.

lord pringle
2010-07-16, 09:20 PM
It always does me good to meet a fellow cat fan :smallbiggrin:

Purrr! Purrr!
love the allergen master.
would you play a cat burglar in my PBP the lands of un-life?

SPoD
2010-07-16, 09:26 PM
Most people who have a first heart attack and live consider it a wake-up call to get in better shape and fix their lifestyle, lest their second heart attack kill them. You're lucky--you get the wake-up call for free. You can now change what you need to change NOW in order to prevent the first heart attack.

Money is only money. You can always make more later. That sort of second chance to get it right is priceless.

shadow_archmagi
2010-07-16, 10:57 PM
I saw the thread title and part of me remembered this post from awhile back

At some point in the future, someone is going to accidentally cut off both their hands, then post in this thread asking what to do (presumably using his nose to type) and whether they should perhaps seek medical care possibly maybe.

is it wrong that part of me WANTED him to be typing "hey guys I"m having a heart attack right now what should I do?"

Serpentine
2010-07-16, 10:58 PM

I hate it when people do thatThe hell is wrong with calling an ambulance for a broken limb? :confused:

This was Friday night. I was alone. I was very, very sick. I had a fever and... ah, it was a couple of years ago now, so I can't remember exactly, but I was well ill. I would not have been able to get anything until Monday. And I was only going to get worse. So, yeah, I went to the ER to get some drugs to make my lonesome misery slightly less miserable, after I called my GP mother and she told me to do so - I didn't ask, she told. I wasn't distracting from any impalement victims or somesuch. I certainly wasn't high-priority, and I had no problem with that. We have public health services. It's what it's for.

Cealocanth
2010-07-16, 11:07 PM

I hate it when people do that

A broken arm is nothing to call an ambulance about. Use some medical cloth or a towel to elevate it, and then drive over to the ER to get it working.

A broken leg can make it impossible to drive and very difficult to walk. If there's no way to get to the ER, call an ambulance.

Rawhide
2010-07-16, 11:15 PM
A broken arm is nothing to call an ambulance about. Use some medical cloth or a towel to elevate it, and then drive over to the ER to get it working.

A broken leg can make it impossible to drive and very difficult to walk. If there's no way to get to the ER, call an ambulance.

Please, please. Unless you've broken every single bone in your body, you darn well better find a way to get the hospital on your own steam.
I seriously hope you're all joking
No reason to call an ambulance.

factotum
2010-07-17, 05:00 AM
Is that a joke? Ambulances are there to carry people to hospital who can't get there any other way. If I were to fall down my stairs and break a leg, I'm REALLY going to try walking half a mile to the nearest bus stop (after first figuring out which bus I need to catch that goes past a hospital), or drive my manual car which requires two working legs... :smallsigh:

thubby
2010-07-17, 05:09 AM
Is that a joke? Ambulances are there to carry people to hospital who can't get there any other way. If I were to fall down my stairs and break a leg, I'm REALLY going to try walking half a mile to the nearest bus stop (after first figuring out which bus I need to catch that goes past a hospital), or drive my manual car which requires two working legs... :smallsigh:

or call a friend/family member...

assuming they aren't an option, yeah you really don't have a choice. but i imagine that is the point they're trying to get across.

Rawhide
2010-07-17, 05:37 AM
My comment was a joke. Or, more accurately, it was deliberately taking the idea of not using an ambulance so far as to be absurd. Seasoned forumgoers would know to check for white text. I am unsure of the intents of the others, but I hope the previous comments about not using an ambulance were in jest.

If you have a broken arm, or any bone for that matter (including bones not relevant to driving), there is no way you should be driving. The pain and/or mental state caused by such an injury can make you a danger to others on the road.

Bhu
2010-07-17, 01:02 PM
So, there was not actually damage to your heart? Is this something you feel the need for a 2nd opinion?

Very glad that you're ok, and hopefully it really was nothing! Also, good luck with filling out the forms. I've helped lots of people fill similar forms out in my job, and it's not really that bad. Mostly just providing bank statements and such.

Feel better!

I get the stress test wednesday so I'll find out sometime after then.

EmeraldRose
2010-07-17, 07:25 PM
Ok, just let us know :smallsmile:

Tirian
2010-07-17, 08:10 PM
If you have a broken arm, or any bone for that matter (including bones not relevant to driving), there is no way you should be driving. The pain and/or mental state caused by such an injury can make you a danger to others on the road.

If you break your arm or your foot and can stabilize your condition before going to the hospital, then getting a ride from a friend or a catching a cab or even a bus is a good move. If you've got a compound leg fracture or definitely a back or neck injury, then every time you move is risking complications and an ambulance is the only thing that is designed to get you safely to a hospital.

EmeraldRose
2010-07-18, 08:05 AM
*snip*

I was going to post something long regarding this whole ER/ambulance debate. However, I changed my mind.

This thread is not about people calling ambulances or going to the ER for broken bones, it is a fellow Playgrounder who is having unexplainable health difficulties, and wants our support. Can we keep it to that please?

Rawhide
2010-07-18, 08:33 AM
If you break your arm or your foot and can stabilize your condition before going to the hospital, then getting a ride from a friend or a catching a cab or even a bus is a good move. If you've got a compound leg fracture or definitely a back or neck injury, then every time you move is risking complications and an ambulance is the only thing that is designed to get you safely to a hospital.

I would mostly agree with this statement (I was replying to a statement saying you should always drive yourself). But with any significant injury, it is best to call the emergency number (000 in Australia, 911 in the US) first and ask them for their recommendations. You can tell them "This is my injury and I have a friend here who can take me to the hospital, is this what I should do?"

If you see any signs, any signs at all, of a possible stroke or heart attack, you should call the emergency number immediately. You should advise them of your suspicions and they will most likely send an ambulance immediately.

Serpentine
2010-07-18, 08:35 AM
Wasn't there some sort of a campaign going for a while that was more or less "if in doubt, call 000"?
I might suggest that it could be best to just call the normal number for the hospital, but that could be hard to get in a pinch.

Recaiden
2010-07-18, 11:06 AM
I get the stress test wednesday so I'll find out sometime after then.

I do hope you get good results. :smallsmile:

Bhu
2010-07-19, 03:00 PM
Finally got ahold of the medical assistant. Was told my BUN and creatinine levels and electrolytes were okay (though potassium was still a lil low), and my blood sugar is still a lil too high. I told her about the ER and cardiologist, and asked why the doc thinks I've had a heart attack, and she said "I'm just a messenger, I dont know his thought processes." When I asked if it was okay to return to full work she said "Um...I guess thats up to you."

Asta Kask
2010-07-19, 03:04 PM
Finally got ahold of the medical assistant. Was told my BUN and creatinine levels and electrolytes were okay (though potassium was still a lil low), and my blood sugar is still a lil too high. I told her about the ER and cardiologist, and asked why the doc thinks I've had a heart attack, and she said "I'm just a messenger, I dont know his thought processes." When I asked if it was okay to return to full work she said "Um...I guess thats up to you."

Well that was helpful.

Bhu
2010-07-19, 03:11 PM
Well that was helpful.

Yeah my inner response was "wtf? seriously?".

Can't wait till I get the stress test wednesday...

Asta Kask
2010-07-19, 03:23 PM
It's a little weird because ECGs are usually very easy to read - I heard of a doctor who had a stunt where someone would throw an ECG into the air and he would read it before it hit the ground... it's unusual to find any disagreement, but the cardiologist is obviously the one I'd trust.

Delwugor
2010-07-19, 04:36 PM
Thankfully you did not have a heart attack. I know how much the mis-diagnosis stinks as I've been through it twice.

First similar to you I had stress test and heart ultrasound before I turned 40. Did the full 15 minutes for the stress test but the doc said they detected a problem with the ultra sound. Went to a cardiologist, he looks at the report, looks at me and said something like "You did the 15 on the stress test, your in good shape for your age work out regularly and not overweight, the only problem is you smoke. Statistically your chances of dying in a car accident are higher than dying of a heart attack in the next two year. But we can do further tests and verify whether you have a real problem if you want." My response was "Nice meeting you doc!"

The second one was blood tests came back indicating a a "huge" probability of having bladder cancer. My doctor was positive that it was correct and that I had it. Went to the urologist to start treatments. He looked at the reports and said "these don't always mean anything so we'll go in and make sure". "Going in" was not a fun process but I did get to see the inside of my bladder. Thankfully no cancer or abnormalities in the bladder. My doctor apologized and said she was really confused why the blood tests indicated it.

Zaggab
2010-07-21, 11:40 AM
It's a little weird because ECGs are usually very easy to read - I heard of a doctor who had a stunt where someone would throw an ECG into the air and he would read it before it hit the ground... it's unusual to find any disagreement, but the cardiologist is obviously the one I'd trust.

Actually, heart attacks can be a little tricky sometimes. The basic way to tell if there's an acute heart attack going on is to look for "ST-elevations". Slight ST-elevations are normal - in some leads as much as 3 mm can be normal (and sometimes even more than that*). Some doctors are a little fuzzy on the exact threshold and can thus over diagnose heart attacks. Then there are other conditions that can give ST-elevations that can be mistaken for heart attacks. To complicate things further, not all heart attacks gives ST-elevations.

Since diabetics are more susceptible to heart attacks than healthy people, this doctor may have erred on the side of caution.

And as for symtoms, diabetics are notorious for having non-standard symptoms of heart attacks due do diabetic neuropathy.

*Typically: Tall, athletic, young men. Every time a friend of mine has an ECG done, the machine beeps and says "Pathologic ECG. Acute inferior myocardial infarct."

Bhu
2010-07-21, 11:51 AM
Just got back. Stress test says I have no blockages, and do not appear to show signs of heart damage. Phew!

Asta Kask
2010-07-21, 12:18 PM
Congratulations!

*blows vuvuzela*

KenderWizard
2010-07-21, 04:19 PM
Great news, I'm so glad to hear it!

Tirian
2010-07-21, 06:46 PM
Hooray!

Now, like someone pointed out, make those lifestyle changes as if this was your first heart attack. :smallwink:

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-22, 12:08 AM
Just got back. Stress test says I have no blockages, and do not appear to show signs of heart damage. Phew!Huzzah! :smallcool:

rakkoon
2010-07-22, 07:09 AM
Spent a lot off money but it is good news

* whacks person with his own vuvuzela screaming "That's for keeping me up three nights in a row" *

banjo1985
2010-07-22, 08:35 AM
Hurray for good news! :smallbiggrin:

Shame about the expense it took you to get it though. As a guy with a slightly dodgy ticker myself I'm relieved that the NHS exists here in the UK when I need my occasional checkups. Have so far managed to dodge all the superbugs and viruses that pervade our hospitals as well, which is nice. :smallbiggrin:

EmeraldRose
2010-07-23, 05:56 PM
Just got back. Stress test says I have no blockages, and do not appear to show signs of heart damage. Phew!

WOOOOO!

:smallsmile: