PDA

View Full Version : PrC's that should get Maneuver Progression

Tinydwarfman
2010-07-14, 05:39 PM
So, are there any PrC's that you can think of that should get a ToB maneuver progression? Like the thread before that was about buffing up caster PrCs to get full CL (Yay GSA!), this thread shall be dedicated to bad or just mediocre PrC's that should/could use a form of maneuver progression.

I nominate: Pretty much every martial PrC in the DMG, Hellreaver, Tempest, Order of the Bow initiate, Bloodstorm Blade (not full, but something).

Serenity
2010-07-14, 05:57 PM
Shadowdancer should get Shadow Hand maneuvers.

AslanCross
2010-07-14, 06:07 PM
Shadowdancer should get Shadow Hand maneuvers.

^--- Amen.

-Perhaps a variant of Assassin that instead gets Shadow Hand and Diamond Mind maneuvers could be homebrewed as well. After all, it's kind of funny that the Assassin doesn't get Assassin's Stance.

-Dervish should get Tiger Claw and Desert Wind
-Drunken Master should get Stone Dragon and Setting Sun, and maybe Tiger Claw
-Bladesinger can get Iron Heart and White Raven

Ranos
2010-07-14, 06:15 PM
Chameleon should get maneuver in its martial focus.

PId6
2010-07-14, 06:17 PM
Eldritch Knight
Dervish (Desert Wind)
Bear Warrior (Tiger Claw)
Invisible Blade (Shadow Hand)
Stonelord (Stone Dragon)

Actually, pretty much everything in Complete Warrior. That includes base classes.

Gametime
2010-07-14, 06:33 PM
Most of Complete Adventurer's stuff could probably do with some maneuvers. Tempest, for example, would be delightful with some Tiger Claw and a splash of Diamond Mind.

(C'mon, you know Diamond Mind is totally the most refreshing discipline. It just screams "Drink me!")

On the "terrible DMG classes" front, we have the Dwarven Defender (who's whole schtick is obsoleted not once but twice, in the form of the Stone Dragon discipline and the Deepstone Sentinel class based on that discipline), and the Duelist, who would be well served to take a sip of Diamond Mind himself. Maybe some refluffed Shadow Hand (since it allows for single devastating attacks against flat-footed opponents, which can feel very "duel-y") or Setting Sun (which has a lot of dodging about).

Satyr
2010-07-15, 02:36 AM
I have a certain agreement with my usual D&D group that any relevant Full-BAB prestige class that does not include a powerful form of spellcasting also allows to advance initiator level and learn new maneuvers as if the character took more levels in the same class as before; either on every level, or on every other level, if the class would have very strong class features anyway.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2010-07-15, 04:15 AM
Chameleon should get maneuver in its martial focus.

Here's a handy link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123606).

And away!