PDA

View Full Version : MS Paint Adventures II: Who's playing who now?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

memnarch
2010-07-15, 01:03 AM
Well, the old thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94099) nearly hit page 51 so I thought I'd start a new thread to continue the discussions.

Recently in the story, the Trolls have been playing some Extreme Roleplaying, leading to many injuries, with about half the participants (give or take 6) playing each other's minds in some fashion or another.

So, the conversation about blood colours; any ideas on how they all fit in with the messed up paradox cloning crap?

Hands_Of_Blue
2010-07-15, 01:43 AM
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/

I think the paradox cloning might piss off a bunch of the bluebloods when they find out they're related to gutterbloods.

The only two that I'm pretty sure are related are Tavros and Terezi, since their two dreamselves both appear on Prospit, and in the kids session, each of the kids were on the same moon as their sibling.

I could be very wrong though.

And I kinda like how the last convo seems to be trying to quell the "Terezi is evil" thing. I never got that impression. Most of the evidence seemed to be her killing John in the bad timeline and the fact that she stabs her stuffed lizards.

With the John thing, from her perspective she just messed with him, since she knew he'd be fine in the future. And the dolls, well, Tavros plays a game where teddy bears get raped to death and no one calls him evil, so it seems like a double standard to me.

Edit: Just noticed there's no link to the actual comic in the first post.

BRC
2010-07-15, 01:46 AM
I think the paradox cloning might piss off a bunch of the bluebloods when they find out they're related to gutterbloods.

The only two that I'm pretty sure are related are Tavros and Terezi, since their two dreamselves both appear on Prospit, and in the kids session, each of the kids were on the same moon as their sibling.

I could be very wrong though.

And I kinda like how the last convo seems to be trying to quell the "Terezi is evil" thing. I never got that impression. Most of the evidence seemed to be her killing John in the bad timeline and the fact that she stabs her stuffed lizards.

With the John thing, from her perspective she just messed with him, since she knew he'd be fine in the future. And the dolls, well, Tavros plays a game where teddy bears get raped to death and no one calls him evil, so it seems like a double standard to me.
Also, the dolls have it coming.
I mean, do you suggest that we should have allowed Senator Yellowsnout to go free and continue embezzling his beetles from the imperial coffers! Do you suggest that what happened to him was anything short of PURE JUSTICE!

Draconi Redfir
2010-07-15, 02:01 AM
is it wrong of me to be glad her eyes were popped out? they are fricking creepy!

Hammer Backspac
2010-07-15, 04:51 AM
Don't care what anyone else says.
Vriska is the best troll forever.

CockroachTeaParty
2010-07-15, 03:14 PM
So it would appear that the blood color nobility ranking is somewhat based off of ROYGBIV, with the 'hot' colors being lesser than the 'cool' colors. Karkat kind of throws me with his presumably gray blood, but it's close enough to a white or yellow to imply he is of a lower caste. It would seem the 'lowest' blood somebody like Equius is willing to tolerate is green (Nepeta), although I believe Sollux's yellow is probably bordering on being socially favorable.

I get the feeling AA, CG, and AT have the lowest ranking blood we've seen so far (gray, brown, and dark red). TC has the highest, with his dark purple.

This might be yet another reason why the trolls seem to despise humans so much, as they have a universally low-ranked blood color (red).

Phase
2010-07-15, 03:40 PM
Karkat kind of throws me with his presumably gray blood, but it's close enough to a white or yellow to imply he is of a lower caste.

Karkat doesn't want to share his blood-color with anybody, so he opts for anonymity. Terezi asks him at one point:

GC: WH4T COLORS YOUR BLOOD?
CG: WHOA NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!
CG: SERIOUSLY WAS THAT A SERIOUS QUESTION?
CG: UNBELIEVABLE.
GC: 1 W1LL F1ND OUT SOM3 D4Y

Karkat obviously doesn't care for the caste system on Alternia, so he disguises his color with Gray, a color in which Troll blood doesn't seem to come.

CockroachTeaParty
2010-07-15, 10:43 PM
Ah, I missed that. Interesting. It is still suggested that he is of a lower caste when he burns Vriska, and leading the Red Team likewise suggests inferiority when compared to the Blue Team.

Red Team: Tavros (low), Terezi (low-ish), Karkat (low?), Gamzee (extremely high?), grimAuxilliatrix (?)

Blue Team: Equius (high), Vriska (high), Nepeta (high-ish), Aradia (very low), Sollux (high-ish?)

Also, there seems to be a connection with elite blood and possessing special powers, save for Aradia, who throws the whole thing with her potent spiritual and psionic abilities. If Aradia is the low-blood anomaly, than perhaps Gamzee is the high-blooded one, with his extremely elite heritage and apparent lack of any useful abilities (perhaps induced by his eating of sopor slime?)/

Fawkes
2010-07-15, 11:01 PM
Actually, the two teams are pretty similar as far as blood and caste goes.

Both have a purple (CC and CA).
Red's Gamzee is just above Blue's Equius.
Blue's Vriska is just above Red's Terezi.
Red's GA is about the same, maybe higher than Blue's Nepeta.
Red's Karkat is an unknown, but may be close to Blue's Sollux.
Red's Tavros is just above Blue's Aradia.

The reason Blue seems more highfalutin is that they have Vriska and Equius, who are the only ones to really make a big deal out of the caste.

BRC
2010-07-16, 12:45 AM
Several things.
Thing 1: Sollux-Aradia-Equius Love Triangle!
Thing 2: Vriska deserves to die in every way possible.

Mushroom Ninja
2010-07-16, 12:47 AM
Several things.
Thing 1: Sollux-Aradia-Equius Love Triangle!
Thing 2: Vriska deserves to die in every way possible.

Pretty much.

Anyone have any ideas on who whitetext is?

Gez
2010-07-16, 01:39 AM
White = cue ball, so speculation is that it's Lord English/Temporal Demon. Though in the latest chat with Vriska he seems to say he's but an agent of him.

AgentPaper
2010-07-16, 02:41 AM
:smallfrown: Aradia :smallfrown:

Eco-Mono
2010-07-16, 02:57 AM
This sub-arc is like playing the first episode of Higurashi all over again. :smallfrown:

Draconi Redfir
2010-07-16, 06:09 AM
the first thing that came to mind when i read the latest batch of updates? "i wonder how this will afect the Sollux/GA pairing thats going on in formspring"

e-gads i need help XD

on the bright side it looks like sollux wont loose his powers after eating that mind honey, as he's done it before and been able to keep them.

Jair Barik
2010-07-16, 06:27 AM
Come now people! Given what we know about how stupidly screwed up time is in this (paradoxes galore) it is clear that Mr White is in actual fact the servant of Vriska aka Lord English from the future!

There isn't an abundance of evidence for this but there are a couple of things that imply it to be possible.
1-We have only actually seen a handful of the trolls on the asteroid station, we don't know for sure they are all there and if there's one of them who would not be welcome there it is logically Vriska (I mean she is really evil and messed up).
2-Vriska seems to have a slight obsession with eight balls and has already been compared to Snowman.
3-In her FLARP picture she is seen to be wearing a coat tha bares some similarities to the spare coat of Lord English.

Of course this is purely speculation but hey, maybbe I'll get ;ucky and guess right again.

Gez
2010-07-16, 06:43 AM
Unless CA has the same peculiar pincer-like horn as Vriska, Vriska is on the asteroid station.

Jair Barik
2010-07-16, 06:54 AM
Ah, didn't recall that one. Pic please? Finding the points where the trolls are shown on the asteroid is a pain.

If she is seen there then I don't imagine that she would be Lord English (excluding some really weird puzzle time stuff.)

Phase
2010-07-16, 06:56 AM
Vriska is such a huge bitch.

That's really all there is to say on the matter.

Jair Barik
2010-07-16, 06:57 AM
Found the pic of Vriska onboard the asteroid. I assume you mean the TA: Fix GA's computer pic right?

Gez
2010-07-16, 06:59 AM
Yeah (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=003644), that's the one I meant.

None of the other known trolls have a horn like that.

Draconi Redfir
2010-07-16, 07:44 AM
its possible CC or CA have horns like that, though AG also has a horn that resembles GA's, so you never know.

Gez
2010-07-16, 08:13 AM
Neither of them have a trolltag that implies something viselike (contrarily to "arachnid's grip"), and neither of them has an astrological symbol that would look somewhat like that either. You could as well claim that it belongs to a character who isn't one of the twelve trolls...

So the likeliness that this horn belongs to CC or CA is about 0.000000000000001%, and the likelihood that it belongs to AG is 99.999999999999998%.

Draconi Redfir
2010-07-16, 08:20 AM
CC. Cuttlefish Culler. think of the shape of lobster/crab claws.

Phase
2010-07-16, 09:14 AM
Other than the fact that Cuttlefish have virtually nothing to do with Crustaceans, Karkat's Zodiac is LITERALLY a crab, and he doesn't have pincers either.

Gez
2010-07-16, 09:23 AM
CC. Cuttlefish Culler. think of the shape of lobster/crab claws.

Are crustaceans (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crustacean) classified as cephalopods (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cephalopod) now?
A cuttlefish (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuttlefish) is not what you seem to think it is.

CockroachTeaParty
2010-07-16, 11:23 AM
Man, each of these trolls has barely had more than a few pages dedicated to characterization and getting to know them, and I already feel pronounced sadness for Aradia and Tavros. Just Aradia's smile when she sees Sollux, all hopeful... That's all you need to know how she feels, and that's all you need to understand her confusion and horror.

Radar
2010-07-16, 11:32 AM
Man, each of these trolls has barely had more than a few pages dedicated to characterization and getting to know them, and I already feel pronounced sadness for Aradia and Tavros. Just Aradia's smile when she sees Sollux, all hopeful... That's all you need to know how she feels, and that's all you need to understand her confusion and horror.
Now think, what this whole mess did to Sollux as well. He killed his own girlfriend. As far, as we can tell from the FLARP incident, victims of mind control are fully conscious. His fate might have been worse then death.

Phase
2010-07-16, 11:40 AM
Well he obviously didn't know she was dead, he talked to her when no one knew she went all Bruce Willis on us. I think he's not conscious during this part, or maybe the mind honey does something to his memory (YOU DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE EAT THE MIND HONEY), or maybe he remembers what Vriska made him do only half of the time.

AgentPaper
2010-07-16, 02:34 PM
We haven't seen his alternate personality, have we? I would guess that either his alternate personality is the one that remembers, or that he just doesn't remember anything from mind-honey rage mode.

Gez
2010-07-16, 03:12 PM
Yes we have seen his "alternate personality". He doesn't have DID (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissociative_identity_disorder), he is simply bipolar (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bipolar_disorder).

AgentPaper
2010-07-16, 03:26 PM
Ah, I see. Then the memory is either repressed or mind honey causes amnesia.

Mewtarthio
2010-07-16, 04:40 PM
Anyone have any ideas on who whitetext is?

He's obviously Laplace's Demon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laplace%27s_demon), now working for Lord English.

...By the way, am I the only one who hopes Vriska gets her Vision Eightfold back? It's not that I feel bad for her, it's just that she's currently the best, most deplorable villain in the game, but she's far less of a threat than Jack or Lord English.

Draconi Redfir
2010-07-16, 10:59 PM
Well looks like my theory of Bec being a lusus may have just been disproven. While he certainly acts like one, it seems that if anything had an effect on the lusi, it would have been this white text guy, who is effectively Alternia's Bec minus the child babysitting.

AgentPaper
2010-07-16, 11:16 PM
I think that what this really means is that Bec is not Jade's guardian, and instead her grandfather is.

Draconi Redfir
2010-07-16, 11:17 PM
kind of hard to be a guardian when your dead.

AgentPaper
2010-07-16, 11:25 PM
kind of hard to be a guardian when your dead.

Being dead only prevents you from performing your functions as a guardian, not from actually being one. One or two of the Lusus have been dead for a long time, haven't they? At the very least Aradia's.

memnarch
2010-07-17, 12:59 AM
I think that what this really means is that Bec is not Jade's guardian, and instead her grandfather is.

Well, Jade's personal guardian. Bec would still be guardian of the world on which Jade lives.

Gez
2010-07-17, 03:23 AM
That means the Furthest Ring Gods wanted to prevent Earth from having a guardian...

The ambivalent task of the guardians (first protect and nurture, then destroy) is worrying.

ichini_sanshigo
2010-07-17, 07:06 AM
...By the way, am I the only one who hopes Vriska gets her Vision Eightfold back? It's not that I feel bad for her, it's just that she's currently the best, most deplorable villain in the game, but she's far less of a threat than Jack or Lord English.

She's not really an antagonist, though, at least not in Hivebent as such. She's more of a ****ty, treacherous friend to the other trolls. The only real bad guy so far is Doc Scratch, because he's working for the demon, and she's working both for and against him, but that mainly seems to be because she can't help but be treacherous.

memnarch
2010-07-17, 09:12 AM
That means the Furthest Ring Gods wanted to prevent Earth from having a guardian...

The ambivalent task of the guardians (first protect and nurture, then destroy) is worrying.

Got to wonder though, is that because they really do want to help, or that they want to do stuff to Earth itself that can't happen with a guardian there.

Fawkes
2010-07-17, 10:00 AM
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/5269/shehaswhat.gif

Domochevsky
2010-07-17, 11:38 AM
Booya! Couldn't happen to a worse person. :smallbiggrin:
(Sadly it didn't stick. Also, her body reacts... odd to something blowing up in her hand. oO)

Weimann
2010-07-17, 11:42 AM
I have to say, this Hivebent chapter is one of the most enjoyable parts of MS Paint Adventures I've read. Before it, I hardly cared about the trolls at all. I couldn't tell them apart from one another, they were just vaguely irritating people hiding behind a two-letter acronym.

Now they are arguably better characterized than the main quartet.

Khosan
2010-07-17, 12:25 PM
So Bec is an agent of Lord English.

Well that makes sense.

Kind of.

Mushroom Ninja
2010-07-17, 12:32 PM
"I will explode in your face" -- one of the greatest lines ever.

Eco-Mono
2010-07-17, 08:09 PM
So Bec is an agent of Lord English.Not necessarily. Bec is for certain a First Guardian, but we don't know that all First Guardians are on English's payroll; their job description in general seems to just be "watch over and protect this fledgeling civilization". It's possible that Scratch just decided to get a night job.

Khosan
2010-07-17, 11:12 PM
Not necessarily.

There's like a 90% chance that he is though. All white, created through a ridiculously circuitous series of events, arrived on the planet ages ago (Bec originally touched down on Earth in the Frog temple), unique genetic code, flashes with green electricity from time to time (especially when created), omnipotent.

There's a lot leaning in that particular line of thinking.

Draconi Redfir
2010-07-17, 11:20 PM
so how bad is it that i discovered how many years pass on Alternia in relation to Earth?

According to my calculations, 13 divided by 6 is 2.1, meaning that for every 2.1 human years that pass, one Troll year passes. so, all you really need to do to find out your troll age is find out what (your age) divided by (smaller number) equals 2.1 ish.

for example.

19 divided by 8 = 2.1. so an 8 year old Troll would be equivalent to a 19 year old human. as would...

a 5 year old Troll be roughly equivalent to a 10 year old human

And a 12 year old Troll would be roughly equivalent to a 25 year old human.

Mewtarthio
2010-07-17, 11:31 PM
There's like a 90% chance that he is though. All white, created through a ridiculously circuitous series of events, arrived on the planet ages ago (Bec originally touched down on Earth in the Frog temple), unique genetic code, flashes with green electricity from time to time (especially when created), omnipotent.

There's a lot leaning in that particular line of thinking.

Nobody's denying that Becquerel is Earth's Guardian. However, that doesn't necessarily mean that he also works for English. Doc Scratch could be corrupt, or it could be that English's ascension works out well for Alternia but poorly for Earth, or maybe Alternia's very existence is part of Lord English's machinations (hence "to facilitate the planet's ultimate purpose" would in this case mean "to summon Lord English").

UglyPanda
2010-07-18, 12:01 AM
It's also possible that Lord English has an analogue on Earth and Lord English himself is exclusive to The Trolls' session of the game. Which would mean that Bec works for someone similar to Lord English, but not the same as The Trolls' Lord English.

memnarch
2010-07-18, 11:26 AM
She certainly got lucky there.

Also, what do people think of the forums thing? Me, I'm just sitting and watching.

Domochevsky
2010-07-18, 11:43 AM
What forums thing?

memnarch
2010-07-18, 11:53 AM
See, up until now, the mspaintadventures forums (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/phpBB3/index.php) have had a plan white background. Not anymore!

PhantomFox
2010-07-18, 01:23 PM
Okay, now it has meteors and a countdown. What the cuss?

Gez
2010-07-18, 02:25 PM
They'll presumably take advantage of the expected slump in activity while Andrew is away to replace or massively upgrade the forum software. There are threads asking about what features would people want in the forum, for example.

Gorgondantess
2010-07-18, 07:45 PM
Okay, so it's a page back, but I just noticed this:

Wait, what? When does it ever say Rose and Dave or John and Farmstink are related?:smallconfused:

Mewtarthio
2010-07-18, 07:53 PM
During that crazy DNA paradox clone business. Start here (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=003788) to see when it all bears fruit. Basically, Grandma Egbert and Grandpa Hurley get mixed together on the left side to produce John and Jade, while Ms. Lalonde and Bro get mixed on the right side to produce Rose and Dave.

Draconi Redfir
2010-07-18, 09:50 PM
wonder what that countdown is for.

Mewtarthio
2010-07-18, 10:22 PM
So, I guess this explains why Vriska was on the space station. I'm assuming the Blue team ends up with both unrevealed aquatic trolls, then?

AgentPaper
2010-07-18, 10:46 PM
wonder what that countdown is for.

Which-what-where?

Gorgondantess
2010-07-18, 10:53 PM
During that crazy DNA paradox clone business. Start here (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=003788) to see when it all bears fruit. Basically, Grandma Egbert and Grandpa Hurley get mixed together on the left side to produce John and Jade, while Ms. Lalonde and Bro get mixed on the right side to produce Rose and Dave.

*facepalm*
Duh. Of course. Sorry, things get mixed up: MSPaintadventures is up there with Brothers Karamazov in terms of complexity. >.<

Khosan
2010-07-18, 10:57 PM
So, I guess this explains why Vriska was on the space station. I'm assuming the Blue team ends up with both unrevealed aquatic trolls, then?

Both teams end up linking together, I think.

Hands_Of_Blue
2010-07-18, 11:03 PM
Both teams end up linking together, I think.Karkat did say that their black king was a twelve time prototyped monstrosity, and Aradia just said that the teams will become meaningless eventually.

Edit: Spades Slicks' computer thing (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=003253) also has twelve screens, one for each of the trolls.

Jibar
2010-07-19, 01:44 AM
Sounds to me like the Blue team end up on Derse, and the Red team end up on Prospit. That would be why Vriska was always meant to be on the Red team.

Draconi Redfir
2010-07-19, 03:44 AM
Which-what-where?

top of the page (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/phpBB3/index.php)

Domochevsky
2010-07-19, 10:14 AM
Oh my, so much depravity going on here. Towels all around are needed, methinks. :smallsigh:

Dr. Bath
2010-07-19, 12:41 PM
Which-what-where?

It's the countdown to a forum switchover. MADE MORE WHACKY AND FUN.

Draconi Redfir
2010-07-20, 01:30 AM
mr. strong whatsisname just got a whole new kind of respect

Gez
2010-07-20, 03:20 AM
Oh my, Aradiabot tearing out her own heart and assaulting Equius...
This has been the funniest slap-slap-kiss routine in a while.

Mc. Lovin'
2010-07-20, 04:04 AM
I gotta say im getting sick of the self references, before it was bearable where it was a sweet bro and hella jeff one ever few strips, but now he's just chucking them in pointlessly. (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004191)

Gez
2010-07-20, 04:13 AM
Are you saying that this scene doesn't work on its own and doesn't logically follow from the previous? :smallconfused:

Draconi Redfir
2010-07-20, 05:19 AM
a robo-girl is pissed, naturally she would attack the one who angered her in the first way that came to mind.

and i guess this awnsers the question as to how AA would play the game as her own sprite

Phase
2010-07-20, 06:22 AM
I gotta say im getting sick of the self references, before it was bearable where it was a sweet bro and hella jeff one ever few strips, but now he's just chucking them in pointlessly. (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004191)

:smallconfused: I don't get it. It's not like she's pissed that he tried to engage in Sepulchritude...

Gez
2010-07-20, 06:38 AM
The only callback here is when Dream Jade was slapping Dream John to wake him up. The characters' expressions are of course completely different, as are the contexts leading to the scene. It's not pointless at all IMO; just part of the Homestuck style to reuse graphics.

Hands_Of_Blue
2010-07-20, 09:17 AM
The only callback here is when Dream Jade was slapping Dream John to wake him up. And to Vriska saying she should rip out her own heart and pound it with her superstrong robot arm (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004176).

Draconi Redfir
2010-07-20, 10:40 AM
And to Vriska saying she should rip out her own heart and pound it with her superstrong robot arm (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004176).

ok that could probably be counted as more of a coincidence then a callout

Hands_Of_Blue
2010-07-20, 11:32 AM
Vriska mentioned it less than twenty updates ago. I highly doubt it was unitentional.

Weimann
2010-07-20, 01:20 PM
Well, it might have been intentional, but that doesn't make it self-referential by it's own merit. It's like having a murder occur in a party which has earlier discussed murdering someone to be self-referential. Falling down stairs, though, would have been another matter entirely.

Also, whether it's self-referential or not is a moot point compared to if it worked on it's own or not, and since I didn't actually see either the Jade-thing or the Vriska-thing before it was pointed out, I deem it a good standalone scene.

Except the kiss at the end. She had already tore her heart out. The hell was that about?

BRC
2010-07-20, 01:29 PM
Am I the only one who noticed that not only does the Aradiabot have blood, but that it appears to be blue (or considering the robot's creator 8l00)

Domochevsky
2010-07-20, 01:46 PM
I think he himself mentioned that before, building the robot to not only give her a body but to elevate her to a higher caste with this as well.

Eco-Mono
2010-07-20, 01:52 PM
Except the kiss at the end. She had already tore her heart out. The hell was that about?Maybe the voices told her to do it, or she had feelings for him anyway, or one of a hundred other things. All we know is that she wasn't under the influence of the robot when she did it. Presumably, Andrew will clarify what we're seeing after the break.

Or switch scenes to troll us. Either way.

Gez
2010-07-20, 02:11 PM
Am I the only one who noticed that not only does the Aradiabot have blood, but that it appears to be blue (or considering the robot's creator 8l00)

You mean b100. The 8 is AG's exclusive quirk. CT doesn't replace O by 0 unless it lets him type 100 or 001.

Phase
2010-07-20, 02:22 PM
or one of a hundred other things.

I see what you did there.

Khosan
2010-07-20, 02:56 PM
I've come to the realization that I can't watch Con Air without cracking up over the course of the last half hour, or whenever the bunny's on screen.

Fawkes
2010-07-20, 04:49 PM
I've come to the realization that I can't watch Con Air without cracking up over the course of the last half hour, or whenever the bunny's on screen.

So, about par for the course with Con Air.

HOW DO I LIIIIIIIIIIIIVE

YeahThatGuy
2010-07-20, 09:06 PM
I can't think of a better cliffhanger. I literally snapped my neck and died from jerking my head so far back upon seeing that last page.
I love this comic.

Khosan
2010-07-20, 09:20 PM
So, about par for the course with Con Air.

HOW DO I LIIIIIIIIIIIIVE

Well, normally I'd just kind of facepalm and smile at how ridiculous it is.

Now I can't stop laughing. I keep imagining GC and CG slapping each other going "BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH" and the goddamn Bunny from Con Air everywhere.

Draconi Redfir
2010-07-21, 12:59 AM
I can't think of a better cliffhanger. I literally snapped my neck and died from jerking my head so far back upon seeing that last page.
I love this comic.

you think you got it rough? think of poor nepita! (http://i29.tinypic.com/29ehlky.gif)

memnarch
2010-07-21, 02:30 AM
Wow. That.... that is just too funny. :smallbiggrin:

Uncle Festy
2010-07-21, 12:30 PM
Does anyone happen to have a backup of the updates for the "end of the forum" thing? I was asleep for the last six hours of it.

ichini_sanshigo
2010-07-21, 12:32 PM
Okay, that's hilarious. I'm in total withdrawal from the fan art forum. Addiction is a powerful thing.

Fawkes
2010-07-21, 01:16 PM
Well, normally I'd just kind of facepalm and smile at how ridiculous it is.

Now I can't stop laughing. I keep imagining GC and CG slapping each other going "BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH" and the goddamn Bunny from Con Air everywhere.

I need to watch that movie again. It was already funny. Now it's gotta be hilarious.

Gorgondantess
2010-07-21, 06:21 PM
I d'awwwwwed.:smallredface:

And where is this fan art forum I am constantly hearing about?

Gez
2010-07-22, 06:25 AM
So they replaced phpBB by vBulletin. And now they need more RAM.

Maybe they could use Aradiabot? She is the RAM TROLL (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aries_(astrology)) after all. :smalltongue:

ichini_sanshigo
2010-07-22, 10:23 AM
I d'awwwwwed.:smallredface:

And where is this fan art forum I am constantly hearing about?

It's at the MSPA forum, currently down. There's a few threads, actually. There's regular fanart, fanart of fanartists, and a romantic fanart thread 'cause some people are easily squicked.

There's also fanart on 4chan's /co/, and Deviant Art (http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=homestuck) has a whole slew of Homestuck art. There have been numerous attempts to archive the fanart, but most people have given up. There's just a tremendous amount out there.

Draconi Redfir
2010-07-22, 12:09 PM
Deviant Art (http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=homestuck)

this. this right here? just ate up an entire hour of my life. watch were you point that thing!

((did find some awsome pics though! ^_^))

BRC
2010-07-22, 04:44 PM
So I ran across this (http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/168/9/4/DRAMATIZATION_by_catblast.png)

Fawkes
2010-07-22, 07:38 PM
Did the Fanart thread not survive the forum change? I can't seem to find it.

I can't find Honor Amongst, either, for that matter.

BRC
2010-07-22, 07:54 PM

I found it earlier, it's buried somewhere, I'd find it again, but the forum is down (What was the reason for the switchover again?). I'll update it after I eat dinner.
Edit: HERE IT IS (http://www.mspaforums.com/showthread.php?29418-Honor-Amongst/page13). The Spoiler Boxes broke with the forum switch.

Uncle Festy
2010-07-24, 01:13 PM
So I ran across this (http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/168/9/4/DRAMATIZATION_by_catblast.png)

WIN.

Art forum. >.>

Dr. Bath
2010-07-24, 04:44 PM
For some reason, along with spoilers, commas broke. How does a forum break commas??

Draconi Redfir
2010-07-27, 06:20 PM
you think you got it rough? think of poor nepita! (http://i29.tinypic.com/29ehlky.gif)

sadly didint get the reaction i was hopeing for (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004194)

but i'm really haveing a hard time figureing out if she had a crush on eqius or not XD

Phase
2010-07-27, 07:49 PM
She doesn't. She ships herself with Karkat, oh yeeeessssssss

Mewtarthio
2010-07-27, 09:08 PM
Hang on, is that a Karkat/Gamzee I see in there?

And who's the unfortunate soul she's shipping with Vriska?

Saurous
2010-07-27, 09:21 PM
I think the ones on the right are supposed to be friendships. Although that look that Gamzee has on his face is kind of making me suspicious. :smallconfused:

memnarch
2010-07-27, 09:27 PM
Vriska looks like she's being paired with Karkat. None of the other zodiac symbols look close to that.

Gamzee pretty much always has that stupid half-open/closed look on his face.

Gez
2010-07-28, 06:09 AM
The presence of Jack on Karkat's planet seemed to me a more interesting twist than Nepeta's Wall-o'-Ships...

banthesun
2010-07-28, 06:33 AM
The presence of Jack on Karkat's planet seemed to me a more interesting twist than Nepeta's Wall-o'-Ships...

*Pssst*, that update wasn't up when they were posting.

Domochevsky
2010-07-28, 10:01 AM
Well, that is some quite mysterious blood. :smallcool:

Draconi Redfir
2010-07-28, 10:08 AM
wonder how jack got there anyway, in John's session he stayed on Derse. just how far have they progressed in the game? are they allready attacking Derse or somethin?

AgentPaper
2010-07-28, 10:19 AM
wonder how jack got there anyway, in John's session he stayed on Derse. just how far have they progressed in the game? are they allready attacking Derse or somethin?

The troll's game is a fair bit further along than the kid's game is even now. Probably Jack in the kid's session would have gone and contacted John a short while from now if...well the events hadn't taken place as they have.

Fawkes
2010-07-28, 01:10 PM
Well, that is some quite mysterious blood. :smallcool:

iTs A mYsTeRy

Gorgondantess
2010-07-28, 01:56 PM
So... is his blood actually rainbow, or does the author just not want us to know what color it is yet?

UglyPanda
2010-07-28, 01:59 PM
The latter, most likely.

Hands_Of_Blue
2010-07-28, 02:17 PM
Karkat's blood has all the colors.

All of them.

Yeah!!!!!!!!

Saurous
2010-07-28, 02:33 PM
So... is his blood actually rainbow, or does the author just not want us to know what color it is yet?

I think Hussie said...somewhere that the rainbow blood was just artistic license. At least, that's what an editor on TV Tropes keeps saying whenever someone tries to put "Karkat has rainbow blood!" on the page.

Gez
2010-07-28, 02:56 PM
Yet the rainbow blood would be a lot more amusing overall. And give a good reason for why he hides it and went with dull grey instead.

Fawkes
2010-07-28, 03:09 PM
I think Hussie said...somewhere that the rainbow blood was just artistic license. At least, that's what an editor on TV Tropes keeps saying whenever someone tries to put "Karkat has rainbow blood!" on the page.

In the Chat thread on the MSPA forum.

Draconi Redfir
2010-07-28, 07:59 PM
d'awww. Karkat and Jack are blood brothers!

though i think technechly Karkat would need to have his own hand cut so Jacks blood flows into his veins, but you get the idea.

also: i always figured AA had that kind of red, guess its darker or something.

Mushroom Ninja
2010-07-28, 09:08 PM
So we finally have our answer about Karkat.

Domochevsky
2010-07-28, 09:40 PM
So... he's the lowest of the lowest then?

(Yay for stabby blood brothers! \o/ )

Phase
2010-07-28, 09:52 PM
No, he's a freak of nature, an abomination of troll genetics that should have been culled long ago.

Makiru
2010-07-28, 11:06 PM
Someone on the MSPA boards put it best: Karkat is 255, 0, 0. He literally cannot get any redder than he already is. He is so red that he doesn't even fit in the caste system. It's an unnatural candy-red. Aradia is closer to a rust-like muddy red. (blue now, though)

Leecros
2010-07-29, 12:08 AM
And then they both get some obscure blood-transferable disease and die at some random point in the future...

:smalltongue:

Uncle Festy
2010-07-29, 03:46 AM
[begin delayed reactions]
... Nepeta has a shipping wall. *jawdrop*
Andrew wins all the internets.
ALL OF THEM.

Additional IDE/Theory: The trolls were created by being each other's gene sources. So Karkat contributed some genes to Gamzee, who also contributed some genes back to Karkat.

Ok, something I noticed about Doc Scratch.

The code grants them near omnipotence, and when merged with a host of great intelligence, near omniscience as well.
So Doc Scratch was created the same way as Bec - he was the result of the combination of an as-of-yet unknown entity and the genetic code found scribbled on the walls of one of the trolls. So, the question is... who's the host of "great intelligence" that creates Doc Scratch? Does he resemble any entity we've seen in the Trollverse? I mean, other than Ophicus? :smallwink:
And in related news:

Every planet destined for intelligent life has such an entity meant to protect it, and facilitate the planet's ultimate purpose.
The First Guardians are created through SBurb. Every planet that develops intelligent life has a First Guardian. Ergo, every planet that will have intelligent life will develop SBurb. And, as a theorized extension, SBurb is a necessary extension to every planet with intelligent life because SBurb is actually the source of that intelligent life. :smalleek: [/end delayed reactions that were probably noticed a while ago by pretty much everyone]

Mushroom Ninja
2010-07-31, 02:29 PM
Mobius Double Reach Around! :smalleek:

Arbitrarity
2010-07-31, 02:55 PM
Mobius Double Reach Around? :smallconfused:

Mewtarthio
2010-07-31, 03:00 PM
Mobius Double Reach Around? :smallconfused:

Looks like a regular cycle to me. I think the idea is that there appeared to be two sides, but in fact there is only one side (since a Mobius strip has only one side).

Domochevsky
2010-07-31, 03:12 PM
So... they're all in the same session, hm?

Huh.

(Didn't we already knew that since... well, ever?)

memnarch
2010-07-31, 03:29 PM

Huh.

Well, it hadn't been handed on a silver platter to us yet so.... no? XD

Gez
2010-07-31, 04:30 PM

Huh.

That's (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=003968) how (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=003987) this (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004092) arc (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004021) works (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004058).

We are spoiled to the whole story. That's one of the points. (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004217) Things that were supposed to be moving (like Pounce de Leon's death) are made ridiculous instead. Things that were supposed to be surprise twists are know since the start. Actual twists and revelations that were not spoiled are parodied and ridiculed. And so on.

Don't forget this is the Troll Act. You can read it as Andrew trolling his readership.

Domochevsky
2010-07-31, 06:14 PM
I guess you can. But so far i've been reading this as "Hussie rushes through the story at breakneck speed because there's so damn much happening." >_>

Draconi Redfir
2010-08-01, 12:35 AM
i've been reading it as "four players took a whole goddang year to write about, no way am i wasteing three more on a story about twelve kids"

tyckspoon
2010-08-01, 10:39 AM
fffffffffffffff DUALITY :smallyuk:

LoneStarNorth
2010-08-01, 11:18 AM
The story appears to be moving fast because a lot of the stuff that happened in the previous acts doesn't need to be repeated. Things like explaining how a sylladex works, how to set up Sburb/Sgrub, alchemy, and other game mechanics. The things that are being shown in detail in this act are character interactions, and details of the trolls' session that differ from the kids' session, or that reveal details about the Homestuck universe that we haven't had access to yet, ie the demon and the frog motif.

It's not really that he's rushing through the story, it's that he's only showing the parts that matter to the GREATER story that is Homestuck. The unimportant details are left up to the reader and the community to fill in.

Draconi Redfir
2010-08-01, 09:17 PM
is it wrong that i have listened to this song about twenty times now?

((link thing aint workin rite))
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa7O8juc44k

Domochevsky
2010-08-02, 11:15 AM
So... what is she holding? :smallconfused:

BRC
2010-08-02, 11:35 AM
Well her lusus is the Virgin Mother Grub, and her theme on the Alternia album is called the Virgin Orb.

Gez
2010-08-02, 11:42 AM
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004223

You are one of the few of your kind with JADE GREEN BLOOD. As such you are one of the few who could be selected and raised by a VIRGIN MOTHER GRUB, an event so rare as to elude documented precedent. She would defend you from desert threats, and though her life would be short, in time you would assure her of progeny.
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004232

She brought you this far. Now to live up to your end of the bargain.

So, I'm going to guess some sort of egg. Or larva sack.

Draconi Redfir
2010-08-02, 03:37 PM
i am loveing the whole chastity styleadex innuendo XD

Domochevsky
2010-08-03, 05:05 PM
Man, CA's writing "style" is giving me a damn headache. :smallannoyed:

memnarch
2010-08-03, 06:27 PM
Good lord; we've got another Möbius reach around! :smalleek::smallbiggrin:

Gorgondantess
2010-08-03, 06:39 PM
Man, CA's writing "style" is giving me a damn headache. :smallannoyed:

CA'S WRITING STYL-E? W)(AT ABOUT CC'S? T)(OS-E )('S AR-E T-ERRIBL---------------------------------E!

Domochevsky
2010-08-03, 07:01 PM
Her style i just don't get.

Gorgondantess
2010-08-03, 07:24 PM
Her style i just don't get.

Well, the ----E is supposed to be a trident, and I think the )( is a... crown, or something. Didn't she have something like that on her crown?

ichini_sanshigo
2010-08-03, 07:31 PM
)( is the symbol for Pisces.

memnarch
2010-08-03, 07:31 PM
)( would be just missing the slash through the middle to be the zodiac sign.

Draconi Redfir
2010-08-03, 11:18 PM
maby a trip to the mspa wioki will help us explain CA's typing quirk? :P

memnarch
2010-08-03, 11:23 PM
The typing quirk he [CA] uses (doubling v and w) is probably a reference to the Aquarius symbol, both forming a zig-zag shape representing waves.

Jayngfet
2010-08-03, 11:34 PM

The MOBIUS DOUBLE REACH AROUND showed they were both on the same team.

Just finished the webcomic today after three solid days. Then it updated six times.

Holy damn, this is the best comic ever.

Phase
2010-08-04, 12:14 AM
Pretty much, yeah.

Gorgondantess
2010-08-04, 12:20 AM
You don't need to be telling us that.:smallbiggrin:

Uncle Festy
2010-08-04, 11:47 AM
The MOBIUS DOUBLE REACH AROUND showed they were both on the same team.

Just finished the webcomic today after three solid days. Then it updated six times.

Holy damn, this is the best comic ever.

Welcome to the "Andrew Hussie is basically a god" club. :biggrin:

CockroachTeaParty
2010-08-04, 10:58 PM
Man, I hope Vriska gets hers. Who's going to be her server player, again?

BRC
2010-08-04, 11:00 PM
If there was justice in the world, Karkat (whose just kind of bitter) or Sollux (Who has a reason to be PO'd at her...half the time anyway).

In a perfect world, Via some sort of Mobius Double Reach Around, Tavros.

Fawkes
2010-08-04, 11:05 PM

Kanaya. 10kanayas

Zodiac
2010-08-04, 11:56 PM
Hey, just started reading this webcomic (or multimedia story or whatever) last week, and its ridiculously awesome.

But man, Vriska isn't letting up on the puppy kicking at all. :smalleek:
She's probably going to come down with a severe case of Break The Haughty. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BreakTheHaughty) I hope so at least.

Draconi Redfir
2010-08-05, 12:19 AM
'huh... play "Feel good Inc" by the Gorillaz to this (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004251) page, preity cool. dangit i wanna make a vidio now o.0

AgentPaper
2010-08-05, 11:12 PM

And now what was coming has come. Or well, at least, what's coming is looming about three inches behind her head. :smalltongue:

Gorgondantess
2010-08-05, 11:26 PM
In one of the earlier comics, didn't it say that they couldn't lift anything that the other player was on? IIRC, Rose tried to lift the bed John was sitting on, and it didn't work. So how can Vriska move around Tavros' chair?
Rule of plot, I suppose.:smallsigh:

Fawkes
2010-08-05, 11:31 PM
Rose is able to jostle the bed, too. You just can't pick things up and move them.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2010-08-05, 11:50 PM
Andrew mentioned something on the forums about the game only hindering vertical progression.

Shpadoinkle
2010-08-06, 03:25 AM
Bleargh. I'm... just finding it really hard to get into or really care at all about the troll story arc and I'm mostly waiting for it to be over. I don't know why, but I don't find it the least bit interesting. I've liked almost everything else up until this point though.

Draconi Redfir
2010-08-06, 08:06 PM
Pshoooes!!!!

AgentPaper
2010-08-06, 08:08 PM
Pshoooes!!!!

Pchaaair!!!! :smallbiggrin:

BRC
2010-08-06, 08:13 PM
Alright, so Vriska is still a despicable person in pretty much every way imaginable.
AND she had to be coerced into doing this.

AND she HAD to repeat what she was saying during, perhaps, one of the most traumatic moments of Tavros's life.

But this scene put a smile on my face.

Domochevsky
2010-08-06, 08:48 PM
That smile is only for Tavros though. Vriska can still die in a hole for all i care. :smallwink:

BRC
2010-08-06, 08:52 PM
That smile is only for Tavros though. Vriska can still die in a hole for all i care. :smallwink:
Oh yeah, totally.

Vriska deserves to die in some highly ironic manner. Perhaps something like "She is on fire, there is a fire extinguisher, but it's at the top of some stairs she built and Tavros, still in his four-wheeled device, cannot reach the top of the stairs.

However, Tavros is probably such a nice guy that that would make him sad.

Gorgondantess
2010-08-07, 12:42 AM
You have to admit, though... this time, Vriska came through and did something cool.
This doesn't stop her from being a despicable, evil, horrid being- far from it- but she did something cool, so props, before she gets her ironic just desserts.:smalltongue:

AgentPaper
2010-08-07, 04:13 AM
Bleargh. I'm... just finding it really hard to get into or really care at all about the troll story arc and I'm mostly waiting for it to be over. I don't know why, but I don't find it the least bit interesting. I've liked almost everything else up until this point though.

I used to feel the same way, back in the very beginning, but now I'm starting to feel the opposite. I want to see more of the troll's story. I know that's not going to happen, of course, but I wouldn't exactly be miffed if it happened. I am hoping that we'll see a kid/troll teamup later on, though. I wouldn't be suprised if that's what we're building up to, actually.

Hands_Of_Blue
2010-08-07, 05:58 PM
I am hoping that we'll see a kid/troll teamup later on, though. I wouldn't be suprised if that's what we're building up to, actually. That's actually what I thought as well. That's why the trolls couldn't see beyond the Rift, cause it somehow brings the trolls and kids together and the trolls can't use Trollian to see their own future, or something.

And on the other conversation, I like Vriska.

AgentPaper
2010-08-07, 06:00 PM
And on the other conversation, I like Vriska.

Me too, actually. In a "villain you love to hate" kind of way, but still.

BRC
2010-08-07, 07:17 PM
Wait, now I hate her again.
Cmon Tavros, don't do it! This is VRISKA you're talking to.

Of course, it's possible he just ends up befriending the Denzin.

Hands_Of_Blue
2010-08-07, 10:22 PM
Wow. This is either going to be really creepy or very cute.

Vriska's dressed like freakin' Tinkerbell.

AgentPaper
2010-08-07, 10:30 PM
I wouldn't be suprised if what Vriska/Tavros have going on is just another type of troll romance.

memnarch
2010-08-07, 10:58 PM
Hey, just like John and Rose!

Fawkes
2010-08-07, 11:39 PM
I wouldn't be suprised if what Vriska/Tavros have going on is just another type of troll romance.

Karkat thought that Vriska wanted black romance with Tavros.

AgentPaper
2010-08-07, 11:51 PM
Karkat thought that Vriska wanted black romance with Tavros.

Well he is the master of Troll Romance. I wonder if he and Nepeta will get together just because of how meta they both are about the whole thing.

CockroachTeaParty
2010-08-08, 12:41 PM
Man, this stuff is getting twisted again. I thought we'd jumped the shark with Equius/Aradia. But Vriska/Tavros is even more bizarre. I can only watch with bated breath.

AgentPaper
2010-08-08, 03:02 PM
Man, this stuff is getting twisted again. I thought we'd jumped the shark with Equius/Aradia. But Vriska/Tavros is even more bizarre. I can only watch with bated breath.

Wait, I don't think that's what jumped the shark means...

Jair Barik
2010-08-08, 03:14 PM
I thought it jumped the ruby giclops a while ago in the whole Dave:Accelerate section

Gez
2010-08-08, 05:14 PM
It's an experimental webcomic which constantly changes its own rules. The sharks are there to be jumped.

CockroachTeaParty
2010-08-08, 05:32 PM
*reaches for brain bleach*

No.... no... no no no no no no...

Domochevsky
2010-08-08, 05:38 PM
This better not reach over into rape territory... >_>

Jibar
2010-08-08, 05:40 PM
Karkat confirmed as Master of Romance

Knight of Blood? More like Knight of Bone Bulges amirite.

Seriously, this is fantastic. Just amazing.
I await Karkat's I TOLD YOU SO.

AgentPaper
2010-08-08, 05:44 PM
So called it.

UglyPanda
2010-08-08, 05:58 PM
I knew this was going to happen, but am no less disturbed.

Leecros
2010-08-08, 05:59 PM
So called it.

yeah, somehow i saw that coming...

Trolls run on hate romances, not like humans who run on love romances.

Draconi Redfir
2010-08-08, 06:02 PM
i officially love Viriska 10x more, which is kind of hard since i loved her a ton beforehand :P

so how many of you want to be Viriska is the kind of person who gets aroused by hurting people?(forget what its called) or some kind of S&M thing?

is this appropriate to even talk about?

Domochevsky
2010-08-08, 06:43 PM
"Sadism" is the word you're searching for. And no, i'm still fine with her dieing in a hole. :smallcool:

CockroachTeaParty
2010-08-08, 06:46 PM
See, that's what's great about this whole thing. I hate Vriska probably the most out of all the trolls, and yet I still love her to death. These characters have had even less screen time than the human kids, and already they are awesome, well-defined characters. I can't help but applaud Hussie's story telling ability, over and over again.

Also, anybody else reminded of the scene from EVA where Shinji and Asuka kiss?

BRC
2010-08-08, 07:29 PM
See, that's what's great about this whole thing. I hate Vriska probably the most out of all the trolls, and yet I still love her to death. These characters have had even less screen time than the human kids, and already they are awesome, well-defined characters. I can't help but applaud Hussie's story telling ability, over and over again.

Also, anybody else reminded of the scene from EVA where Shinji and Asuka kiss?
Considering that Tavros wasn't wearing the Pupa outfit before, I'm going to bet that this is all in Vriska's head.

Also, I just realized, Vriska and Tavros have the same power. MIND CONTROL! It's just that Vriska seizes control of other people's bodies and makes them do her bidding (a short term solution) while Tavros makes them friendly and loyal to himself. He may not even realize he's doing it.

Think about it, from the sounds of things, he'd managed to successfully commune with, and make an ally out of, each and every imp and ogre he ran across. I think it's a subtler, friendlier, more long-term version of Vriska's quick-n-dirty mind control.

memnarch
2010-08-08, 07:33 PM
Something that's worth noting if Tavros has indeed not killed thing, is that GristTorrent is running quite fast here for all those structures to be built.

AgentPaper
2010-08-08, 07:44 PM
Considering that Tavros wasn't wearing the Pupa outfit before, I'm going to bet that this is all in Vriska's head.

Also, I just realized, Vriska and Tavros have the same power. MIND CONTROL! It's just that Vriska seizes control of other people's bodies and makes them do her bidding (a short term solution) while Tavros makes them friendly and loyal to himself. He may not even realize he's doing it.

Think about it, from the sounds of things, he'd managed to successfully commune with, and make an ally out of, each and every imp and ogre he ran across. I think it's a subtler, friendlier, more long-term version of Vriska's quick-n-dirty mind control.

The best part is, Tavros' form of mindcontrol is by far the more evil of the two if that's the case. It's like Mindrape, as opposed to Vriska's which is more like Command. At least with Vriska's, you can still say for certain that you are you, even if you're being forced to do something you'd rather not.

Fawkes
2010-08-08, 07:45 PM

Well, she told him to put on his Pupa costume. He may have equipped it on the way.

BRC
2010-08-08, 07:47 PM
The best part is, Tavros' form of mindcontrol is by far the more evil of the two if that's the case. It's like Mindrape, as opposed to Vriska's which is more like Command.
If you think about that, yeah.
Vriska, for a short period, makes you into her puppet. Yeah, it's bad, but it's like doing something at gunpoint, you were forced, you had no choice. In the end, she did it, she just used you to do it.

Tavros makes you WANT to do it. Vriska may control your mind, but Tavros controls your will.

UglyPanda
2010-08-08, 07:49 PM
Something that's worth noting if Tavros has indeed not killed thing, is that GristTorrent is running quite fast here for all those structures to be built.Tavros entered the medium fourth on his team. He might have even had a bigger starting stash of Buildgrist than Dave.

Well, she told him to put on his Pupa costume. He may have equipped it on the way.At the very least, he's wearing the hat just before entering the gate. http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004271

Mewtarthio
2010-08-08, 09:43 PM
The best part is, Tavros' form of mindcontrol is by far the more evil of the two if that's the case. It's like Mindrape, as opposed to Vriska's which is more like Command.

I wouldn't say that. Tavros would be more along the lines of Charm. Mindrape would be ripping their minds apart and rebuilding them as he sees fit.

Besides, the evilness is based on the person, not the power. Tavros may be subverting armies of imps to his will (note the "may be" here: We don't know for sure exactly what his power is), but is that really more evil then John slaughtering them en mass? Besides, for all we know the imps aren't even sapient.

memnarch
2010-08-08, 09:54 PM
Could be that he's impressing them with his large set of troll horns.

And I would say the imps and the like are sapient because of how they react to stuff around them. (looking frightened, laughing, playing with john's pogo stuff, absconding, etc)

AgentPaper
2010-08-08, 10:09 PM
I wouldn't say that. Tavros would be more along the lines of Charm. Mindrape would be ripping their minds apart and rebuilding them as he sees fit.

Besides, the evilness is based on the person, not the power. Tavros may be subverting armies of imps to his will (note the "may be" here: We don't know for sure exactly what his power is), but is that really more evil then John slaughtering them en mass? Besides, for all we know the imps aren't even sapient.

Hence the "if that's true". If it's not actually mind control, and instead something that just makes Tavros seem more like someone they would want to follow, then it's probably not evil. I would say though that if it really is mind control on the level of mindrape, then yes it would be more evil than just killing them all, but that's getting into moral debates far beyond the scope of MSPA, so I suppose it's a moot point either way. :smalltongue:

BRC
2010-08-08, 11:12 PM
Okay, so whose Creepier, Equius or Vriska?

Draconi Redfir
2010-08-09, 01:25 AM
Equius by a long shot.

Viriska is still hot awsome, Equius is just creepy

AgentPaper
2010-08-09, 03:42 AM
Man, that is priceless. :smallbiggrin:

Gez
2010-08-09, 04:08 AM
Well he is the master of Troll Romance. I wonder if he and Nepeta will get together just because of how meta they both are about the whole thing.

oh yessssss! (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004195)

Draconi Redfir
2010-08-09, 04:44 AM
poor GA XD

AgentPaper
2010-08-09, 04:46 AM
poor GA XD

Hey, we don't know how he feels about this whole situation yet. :smallwink:

Draconi Redfir
2010-08-09, 04:56 AM
Hey, we don't know how he feels about this whole situation yet. :smallwink:

wait you mean He as in tarvos or was that a misspelled She as in GA?

AgentPaper
2010-08-09, 05:09 AM
wait you mean He as in tarvos or was that a misspelled She as in GA?

Uh, I meant Tavros. I could never keep their chat handles straight.

Domochevsky
2010-08-09, 11:29 AM
Confusion and a headache are probably the only things Tavros currently feels. >_>
Dunno exactly why she slumped. Frustration? Inability to keep the mind control up for long enough?

Other than that: o_O (So Kanaya saw the stuff after the kiss... hum.)

Gez
2010-08-09, 11:38 AM
Confusion and a headache are probably the only things Tavros currently feels. >_>
Dunno exactly why she slumped. Frustration? Inability to keep the mind control up for long enough?
Vriska's thought process went along this line IMO:

"Think happy thoughts" ==> Kiss Tavros ==> he doesn't like or want the kiss ==> make him love me ==> now he just looks really dumb and it's me who doesn't want it anymore ==> sheesh, the whole thing was an embarrassing failure.

Domochevsky
2010-08-09, 11:58 AM
Ah, the NGE approach... yeah, makes sense. :smallbiggrin:

Draconi Redfir
2010-08-09, 04:55 PM
maybe she realised she didn’t want the kiss if Tarvos had to be mind controlled to have the same feelings?

Gorgondantess
2010-08-09, 05:00 PM
...Sooo, why is Kanaya all pissed off now? I mean, it's creepy, but it's not, like, infuriating... right?:smallconfused:

Dr. Bath
2010-08-09, 05:04 PM
Go read her conversation with CA again. She obviously has some form of feelings for Vriska. We don't know exactly what is going on yet though.

Gorgondantess
2010-08-09, 05:30 PM
Go read her conversation with CA again. She obviously has some form of feelings for Vriska. We don't know exactly what is going on yet though.

...Huh. I suppose I missed that, due to its absurdity.

Phase
2010-08-09, 05:44 PM

Huh, I think she's referring to CC, not Vriska. It's obvious she has a dislike for Vriska. I think it more likely she has a thing for Tavros, a sort of guardian complex that evolves into Redrom.

UglyPanda
2010-08-09, 06:02 PM
This conversation (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004243), right? Also, caligulasAquarium is most likely male.

In that conversation, CA is trying to talk to somebody about a doomsday weapon he ordered. In the first few lines, he insists that that person has a relationship with Kanaya. It's most likely Vriska he's talking about.

It's after this section: "GA: Its Unbelievable ... Her Patience" that they stat talking about CC. Apparently CA has a one-sided crush on her.

Hands_Of_Blue
2010-08-09, 09:43 PM
I know I'm a little late, but I just feel bad for Vriska.

She just looks so crestfallen (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004285).

Gorgondantess
2010-08-09, 09:54 PM
This conversation (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004243), right? Also, caligulasAquarium is most likely male.
CA is for certain male.

In that conversation, CA is trying to talk to somebody about a doomsday weapon he ordered. In the first few lines, he insists that that person has a relationship with Kanaya. It's most likely Vriska he's talking about.
It's definitely Vriska; it says she makes doomsday devices and sells them to the upper class.

Uncle Festy
2010-08-09, 10:14 PM
It's definitely Vriska; it says she makes doomsday devices and sells them to the upper class.

Or more specifically, that she makes doomsday devices and had promised one to a member of the nautical aristocracy (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004106).

Phase
2010-08-09, 10:24 PM
Yeah, I don't think Kanaya's all that fond of Vriska. Because toilet. Toilet isn't pity, it's hate.

AgentPaper
2010-08-09, 10:33 PM
Yeah, I don't think Kanaya's all that fond of Vriska. Because toilet. Toilet isn't pity, it's hate.

Kanaya's reaction to the scene definitely shows that she did. These are trolls we're talking about, remember?

Phase
2010-08-09, 10:39 PM
What's stopping that from being a reaction to her kissing Tavros? I find it more likely that she's mad at Vriska for using the dress she made to have her little thing with Tavros.

I see no evidence that she has feelings for Vriska, whereas I do see evidence for the equivalent with Tavros.

AgentPaper
2010-08-09, 10:52 PM
What's stopping that from being a reaction to her kissing Tavros? I find it more likely that she's mad at Vriska for using the dress she made to have her little thing with Tavros.

I see no evidence that she has feelings for Vriska, whereas I do see evidence for the equivalent with Tavros.

I suppose there's nothing really concrete to show that this angst is over Tavros and not Vriska, but there's even less pointing towards her having a thing for Tavros.

But you're free to have your own theories. We will see who is right. Probably in the near future, the way things are going.

Phase
2010-08-09, 11:00 PM
Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Hussie himself decided based on what the people in the various threads were discussing. He's mad like that.

I don't care either way, one just seems more likely to me at this point.

BRC
2010-08-09, 11:11 PM
Maybe it's just me,
but right here (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004287), she looks Hurt, not angry.

AgentPaper
2010-08-09, 11:17 PM
Maybe it's just me,
but right here (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004287), she looks Hurt, not angry.

Exactly. Maybe she's hurt that Tavros would kiss someone, but she seems a little too logical to jump to that conclusion. It's possible, but unlikely.

BRC
2010-08-10, 12:48 AM
Exactly. Maybe she's hurt that Tavros would kiss someone, but she seems a little too logical to jump to that conclusion. It's possible, but unlikely.
I don't know, I'm willing to buy the "Crush on Vriska" Theory.
In the picture she saw, Vriska was clearly the active party.

Also, I can't stop watching this (http://www.bougan.com/InsanityEtc/Animations/doublerainbow.html).
Though I wonder, considering how Terezi perceives colors, I wonder, could she, in fact, Taste the Rainbow?

CockroachTeaParty
2010-08-10, 01:28 AM
this (http://www.bougan.com/InsanityEtc/Animations/doublerainbow.html).

What the bloody hell is that?

Gez
2010-08-10, 02:13 AM
GA+AG 4EVAH:
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004228

CC: I will need to connect after my goofball moirail does so I can keep my goggles on )(is nefarious escapades.
CC: Its a toug)( job but its important! Everyone )(as an important job to do.
GA: Yeah
CC: Isnt t)(at w)(at youre doing too? Joining late to keep an eye on yours?
GA: I Dont Know For A Fact That She Is Mine
CC: )(a)(a youre not supposed to know for a FACT dummy!
CC: You just do w)(at you t)(ink is rig)(t and even if you were wrong t)(e worst t)(at )(appened was you )(elped somebody and )(elped t)(e w)(ole world too!
GA: I Know
GA: But What If I Dont Really Want Her To Be That
CC: Glub glub glub glub S)(RUG.
GA: Yeah Glub Glub Shrug Is The Right Attitude I Think
GA: Our Minds Are Already Made Up Anyway Arent They
CC is waiting for her moirail to enter so that she can be her server; and GA does the same thing. GA is who's server again? That's right! AG!
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004241
Meddle with moirail. I guess that says everything.

AG: Whaaaaaaaat.
GA: Just Wanted To Know
GA: Is Your Lusus Dead Yet

You then proceed to have the rest of this conversation we already read, bugging and fussing and meddling through the special and magical union one can only describe as being in moirallegiance with another.

At least, you guess that's how you would describe it. Maybe.

Troll romance sure is confusing!
How much outer need it to be spelled out?

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004243

CA: kan make her talk to me do somethin
GA: Who
CA: your no good connivvin f*ckin backstabbin girl crush thats wwho
Kanaya's girl crush. Is Tavros a girl? No? Then who is this girl crush of Kanaya? This girl crush who is connivvin and backstabbin? Could it be Vriska, as all the previous conversations not just implied, or hinted heavily, but flat out said outright? Could it be?

Draconi Redfir
2010-08-10, 03:34 AM
What the bloody hell is that?

the most badarse music vidio of the trolls to ever be spawned by the anon hive mind in formspring.

AgentPaper
2010-08-10, 03:37 AM
My sparing human intellect has instantly assumed the most ingratiating posture of surrender imaginable.

YeahThatGuy
2010-08-10, 06:29 AM
This image (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004289) will haunt my dreams.

Schlega
2010-08-10, 07:37 AM
This image (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004289) will haunt my dreams.

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt323/schlega1/facepalm.gif

Domochevsky
2010-08-11, 02:29 PM
Ladies and Gents... worldbuilding by Mr Hussie. A lesson in jumping off the deep end. Kojima would be proud of him. :smallcool:

Mc. Lovin'
2010-08-11, 08:55 PM
I feel stupid saying this, but I get the feeling troll relationships would be a lot easier to understand if I didn't need to look up every other word that Andrew uses in a dictionary ...

tyckspoon
2010-08-11, 09:21 PM
I just sat there staring at hearts, clubs, and spades morphing for like five minutes. It's worse than the Miracle Modus.

BRC
2010-08-11, 09:25 PM
I'm now imagining a troll going to attack somebody they hate, only to find that troll in a heated battle with somebody else.
Then they run away crying while their Kimesis turns and shouts "WAIT! IT'S NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE!"

Domochevsky
2010-08-12, 01:55 AM
I feel stupid saying this, but I get the feeling troll relationships would be a lot easier to understand if I didn't need to look up every other word that Andrew uses in a dictionary ...

Wait, these are actual, real words? :smallconfused:

AgentPaper
2010-08-12, 01:58 AM
Wait, these are actual, real words? :smallconfused:

Kismesis, Moirail, Auspitice and the like are not real words. I assume he's talking about other words. I wouldn't know, though, since I run into words I don't know so rarely that I can't even tell which ones are uncommon or not anymore.

Gez
2010-08-12, 03:45 AM
Those are portmanteau words like a lot of Homestuck lingo.

Moirail/Moirallegiance -> Moira (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/moira) + Allegiance (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/allegiance)
Kismesis -> Kismet (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/kismet) + Nemesis (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/nemesis)
Auspitice -> Auspice (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/auspice) + Armistice (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/armistice)

And so on.

So your kismesis is your antagonistic soulmate (like Batman and the Joker). Your moirail is your helper soulmate. Your auspitice is the one whose favorable patronage helps defuse create truces between you and your lesser enemies.

Selrahc
2010-08-12, 04:23 AM
I'm not sure when he came up with this stuff, but it definitely wasn't at the beginning of the troll arc. Things like Gamzee and Karkat (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=003910) definitely look like Ashen/Diamond troll romance, with Gamzee reining in Karkat's ******* tendencies, but they just call it friendship.

Draconi Redfir
2010-08-12, 05:19 AM
and the last two trolls are reviled! huzzah!

Gez
2010-08-12, 06:03 AM
Revealed, at least. I don't think they will be as reviled as Vriska.

Mc. Lovin'
2010-08-12, 06:06 AM
Kismesis, Moirail, Auspitice and the like are not real words. I assume he's talking about other words. I wouldn't know, though, since I run into words I don't know so rarely that I can't even tell which ones are uncommon or not anymore.

Haha, yeah I didn't mean the ones he made up. This is why I didn't want to say, I knew there'd be someone out there who had no trouble with it who'd make me look dumb, especially in a forum filled mostly with clever people :smalltongue:

I think it's safe to say *most* of those words aren't used in everyday conversation though ... Doesn't make it the easiest thing to read

Draconi Redfir
2010-08-12, 06:24 AM
something new from formspring (http://a.imageshack.us/img3/4458/mspahumantrolls.png)

all i can say is: d'awwww!!!

edit: rehosted so it woul work properly

AgentPaper
2010-08-12, 07:06 AM
niiice. Why does davetroll only have one horn, though? :smallconfused:

Draconi Redfir
2010-08-12, 07:10 AM
Probably because of his symbol, a circle with a single line through it. His horn matches that line, strait, and only going in one direction.

i find it ironic that Dave, who is Mr: "i am the best person to ever walk planet earth" has the lowest blood on the caste and only one horn. Other trolls could (and would) push him around like nobodies business XD

Hands_Of_Blue
2010-08-12, 08:51 AM
God, Caligula looks like a nerd.