PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous Crusader healing every attack?

veovius
2010-07-15, 03:50 AM
I remembered seeing a thread a while back that had a build in it, mid-level I think, that involved some obscure feats and such, that had a Crusader healing ridiculous amounts of health every attack with Martial Stance and company, like 20+. I'm not sure of the details, but I can't find it again. Does anyone know of something similar?

veovius
2010-07-15, 03:57 AM
Never mind, found it just now on BG....

Cross-posted from BG, originally posted by Maat_Mons

I don't think you need a level in samurai to be a samurai. Cleric / crusader / ruby knight vindicator is nice.

You could go for the crazy healing thing. Three levels of incarnate, the bonus essentia feat, the improved essentia capacity feat, and the azurin race (all from Magic of Incarnum) can get you the therapeutic mantle with 6 points of essentia in it. That allows you to heal 12 extra points of damage every time you are subject to a healing effect (and if it is a spell, a number of extra points equal to the level as well). Martial spirit (Tome of Battle) causes you to heal 2 points of damage on each successful attack, which turns into 14 points with the therapeutic mantle. Add on Robilar's gambit (PHBII) to get an attack of opportunity after each attack attempted against you and double hit (Miniatures Handbook) to attack with two weapons as an attack of opportunity, and you can heal 28 points of damage each time you are hit... and each time you are missed... plus a bunch more during your turn.

You'll probably want a warblade level at some point for the maneuvers that replace saves with concentration checks and iron heart surge.