PDA

View Full Version : Critical Success/Failure Week: 1 August - 7 August

Pages : [1] 2 3

Cobalt
2010-07-15, 05:34 AM
Hey, you! You with the avatar! Yeah, you!

Guess what week it is!

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx188/JupiterCobalt/Assorted/success-failure-1.jpg

It’s Critical Success/Failure Week! In which we get to laugh and cry at the fool your internet persona is making of itself, join in giving it a round of applause as they achieve their childhood dream, and everything in between. Got an avatar? Then this is the week to show off its ineptitude (or natural skill) when it comes to accomplishing tasks.

Ready? No???

Well too bad! The failure is part of the fun!

GO!

horngeek
2010-07-15, 05:51 AM
Bwahahahaha. :smallamused:

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-15, 05:59 AM
I must ponder on this....

Serpentine
2010-07-15, 06:42 AM
So this one's first, eh?

Hrm. What should my success and failure be? The obvious Failure would be tying herself in knots, although I've already got the "exploding hair" series...

Lix Lorn
2010-07-15, 07:24 AM
I need a picture of my avatar tying herself up. In a particularly embarrassing way. XD

Crimmy
2010-07-15, 07:49 AM
I believe The Banjo needs a "I ROLLED A 4" avatar.

Thufir
2010-07-15, 08:24 AM

But that wouldn't be a critical failure.

CurlyKitGirl
2010-07-15, 08:31 AM
<.<

How coincidental.
My current GB'd nekkid avatar is perfect for EPIC FAIL! week.
I am content.

Raz_Fox
2010-07-15, 08:42 AM
Bwahahahaha. :smallamused:

Darn it... oh, wait, that's me. Sorry.

Much like horngeek and Lix Lorn, I believe I need an avatar of Secret crit failing an Escape Artist check. As in, "tried to get her hands untied and managed to hogtie and gag herself in the process" crit failing.

...*waits for horngeek to say it*

Thufir
2010-07-15, 08:42 AM
Hmm. I typically completely change my whole avatar for each new theme week, or just when I feel like it. So what for this?
I suppose failing to make a new avatar might count as a critical failure...

horngeek
2010-07-15, 08:46 AM
Darn it... oh, wait, that's me. Sorry.

Much like horngeek and Lix Lorn, I believe I need an avatar of Secret crit failing an Escape Artist check. As in, "tried to get her hands untied and managed to hogtie and gag herself in the process" crit failing.

...*waits for horngeek to say it*

*nosebleeds*

Darn it, Raz!

Stupid sexy Secret...

Morty
2010-07-15, 08:51 AM
Hmmmm...
My current avatar impaled on his own sword? Or my goblin avatar with only legs sticking out of a locked chest? Decisions, decisions...

mangosta71
2010-07-15, 10:08 AM
A critical success at failing? Hmm....

Trobby
2010-07-15, 10:09 AM
So this one's first, eh?

Hrm. What should my success and failure be? The obvious Failure would be tying herself in knots, although I've already got the "exploding hair" series...

Tail Tangle sounds too good to not see. >w< As for success...that one is a little more difficult.

How about you curled over your greatest foe, who is beneath you in a beaten and bruised heap?

Or you could just wave one of your trophies at us. :smalltongue:

Ashen Lilies
2010-07-15, 10:31 AM
I suppose 'Critical Failure' in my case would be selling my own soul to a Generic Priest of a Monotheistic FaithTM. Success would be... what? Successfully tempting the devil? Initiating a sucessful Death Attack against the Reaper? Bluff check against Anansi? These would all work better as sig-banners though, not avatars. Though I have a marvelous idea involving myself, Ol' Grimmy and the line: "Wait, how did I manage to checkmate myself!?"
Oh well. Any ideas from youse guys?

Dusk Eclipse
2010-07-15, 11:09 AM
hmmmm I really have no idea on what kind of avatar could be fitting for this week:smallfrown:

Blue Ghost
2010-07-15, 11:11 AM
Let's see... What could I do for this week? Blow myself up while baking enchanted cookies? Perfect an arcane healing spell? I'm stumped.

Teddy
2010-07-15, 11:13 AM
Hmm, what would be a success/failure for an adventuring teddybear wizard without any established character?
I guess Stoneskin might be a poor choice of spell for a teddybear, if your purpose is to be cuddled with (those soft hairs will become sharp spikes. OUCH!). It's hard to make the joke understandable, though...

Felyndiira
2010-07-15, 11:15 AM
Oo, I have a perfect idea. Going to be hard as heck to draw, though =(.

Lix Lorn
2010-07-15, 11:27 AM
I suppose 'Critical Failure' in my case would be selling my own soul to a Generic Priest of a Monotheistic FaithTM. Success would be... what? Successfully tempting the devil? Initiating a sucessful Death Attack against the Reaper? Bluff check against Anansi? These would all work better as sig-banners though, not avatars. Though I have a marvelous idea involving myself, Ol' Grimmy and the line: "Wait, how did I manage to checkmate myself!?"
Oh well. Any ideas from youse guys?
All them are awesome.

Let's see... What could I do for this week?
FINALLY roll a 1 when I make you roll a will save vs seduction?

(Oh, and by the way: Will save vs seduction.)

Blue Ghost
2010-07-15, 11:39 AM
FINALLY roll a 1 when I make you roll a will save vs seduction?

(Oh, and by the way: Will save vs seduction.)

Success. But you're right, you will get me one of these days.
Maybe after I write the ship I'll have a better idea of what to do?
(By the way, Lix, do you have any bard levels, by any chance?)

TSGames
2010-07-15, 11:45 AM
I think I may participate in this one:

http://www.sylhetcadetmadrasah.com/images/student/image_not_found.jpg

Or perhaps I will do something more creative. Ah, the fun of having a non-humanized, un-anthropomorphic, static avatar!

Thufir
2010-07-15, 11:54 AM
I think I may participate in this one:

http://www.sylhetcadetmadrasah.com/images/student/image_not_found.jpg

Or perhaps I will do something more creative. Ah, the fun of having a non-humanized, un-anthropomorphic, static avatar!

That's rather similar to my idea, but I've come up with another one, so you can have it if you like:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k63/Razor-Sharp_H7/Avatar/Blank.png

Lix Lorn
2010-07-15, 11:59 AM
Success. But you're right, you will get me one of these days.
Maybe after I write the ship I'll have a better idea of what to do?
(By the way, Lix, do you have any bard levels, by any chance?)
Dayamn.
I hope so. XD
(According to the test, I'm a bard/sorcerer. I identify as a multiclass post-epic Everything. But mostly Cha based classes... like Bard. So... in one word, yes. XD)

Blue Ghost
2010-07-15, 12:09 PM
Dayamn.
I hope so. XD
(According to the test, I'm a bard/sorcerer. I identify as a multiclass post-epic Everything. But mostly Cha based classes... like Bard. So... in one word, yes. XD)

Hmm. Saint Nil once said to me, a long time ago in the Nemesis thread, that a CN bard would seduce me and then break my heart. At the time, I thought he was referring to Jeudi, but time has proven that wrong. I'm still on the lookout for this nemesis of mine...

Superglucose
2010-07-15, 12:14 PM
Serpentine, could I get a Ninetails who's fainted and a Ninetails who's firing a Fire Blast?

Lix Lorn
2010-07-15, 12:24 PM
Hmm. Saint Nil once said to me, a long time ago in the Nemesis thread, that a CN bard would seduce me and then break my heart. At the time, I thought he was referring to Jeudi, but time has proven that wrong. I'm still on the lookout for this nemesis of mine...
... I don't want to break your heart. ;_;

Oh, and Superglucose. I'm sorry, but this really bugs me... It's Ninetales.

A Rainy Knight
2010-07-15, 02:07 PM
Just a little idea I had for this week:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd267/A_Rainy_Knight/Faileddiplomacy.png
"Hey, guys! I got a 1 on my Diplomacy check with the king! Is that bad?"

mangosta71
2010-07-15, 02:15 PM
... I don't want to break your heart. ;_;That's pretty much an inevitability if you ever succeed.

Oh, and Superglucose. I'm sorry, but this really bugs me... It's Ninetales.Is it? I always thought it was named for the fact that it has nine tails...

Ravens_cry
2010-07-15, 02:16 PM
Too bad we aren't allowed animated gifs, or I would have Ravens Cry falling off the mushroom.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-07-15, 02:19 PM
Hmm... perhaps a theme week I shall participate in, for once! Maybe. If I can find someone to do the avatar...

I think Critical Failure should be more entertaining, but what? I suppose the strings of my violin breaking could work, as would becoming an angel/holy being of some sort, or just a lot brighter... I suppose I need to brainstorm a bit.

Should be fun though! :smallbiggrin:

lord pringle
2010-07-15, 02:21 PM
could anyone draw me a very cute pringle saying Grr at a goblin
and a pringle roaring at a tarrasque.
pringle source pic:
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k172/daVincisMachine/Order%20of%20the%20Stick/LordPringle.png

Cealocanth
2010-07-15, 02:34 PM
So how far can you go to criticly succeed or fail at this? What am I not allowed to do?

Dogmantra
2010-07-15, 02:36 PM
Too bad we aren't allowed animated gifs, or I would have Ravens Cry falling off the mushroom.

You should have it so that this time Ravens Cry is a hat.

Teddy
2010-07-15, 02:41 PM
Is it? I always thought it was named for the fact that it has nine tails...

It is. It's still Ninetales, though. A ninetail is a whip.

EDIT: I had this other idea for a critical failure: Roll up a character. Roll charisma. 4 ones. A teddybear that no one wants to hug (even though the teddy race should give a racial bonus to CHA).

It might need some extra space to be understandable, though. A banner could work, I guess.

Thufir
2010-07-15, 02:46 PM
A ninetail is a whip.

Actually, that would be a cat o' nine tails.

Teddy
2010-07-15, 02:51 PM
Actually, that would be a cat o' nine tails.

Well, yes, but "Ninetails" would probably be too close to that.

IonDragon
2010-07-15, 02:57 PM
It is. It's still Ninetales, though. A ninetail is a whip.

EDIT: I had this other idea for a critical failure: Roll up a character. Roll charisma. 4 ones. A teddybear that no one wants to hug (even though the teddy race should give a racial bonus to CHA).

It might need some extra space to be understandable, though. A banner could work, I guess.

Zombie teddy bear! Oozing puss, etc.

mangosta71
2010-07-15, 03:39 PM

But that wouldn't be a critical failure.

I've been thinking. The way he yells, it might qualify as a critical failure on an attempt to speak too quietly to be overheard...

Mr. Moon
2010-07-15, 03:42 PM
Hm.... Toying with an idea. Wanna see how short a post I need for it...

ForzaFiori
2010-07-15, 03:45 PM
Hm... For a failure, I could have my shield sundered in two, and for success, a sword breaking against it.

Would any avatarist be willing to help out their fellow playgrounder by making those? My artistic abilities are so horrible, I cannot even do those minor alterations.

Ravens_cry
2010-07-15, 03:59 PM
You should have it so that this time Ravens Cry is a hat.
That would be a pretty critical failure.

The Bushranger
2010-07-15, 04:03 PM
I'll probably use the avvy I just got from Rainy of Shawna, exhibiting a critical success by one of her ancestors in winning the naval war in World War One. :smalltongue:

Emperor Ing
2010-07-15, 04:04 PM
I approve of this avatar week. :smallsmile:

As such, here's my epic fail on my Craft (Avatar) check.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/EmperorIng/EpicFail.png

Lix Lorn
2010-07-15, 04:17 PM
Yeah, I'm gonna need to bug someone to do me an avatar too. DXD

Also, Ninetales (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/038.shtml). XD I have one on SoulSilver.

Felyndiira
2010-07-15, 04:20 PM
Yeah, I'm gonna need to bug someone to do me an avatar too. DXD

Also, Ninetales (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/038.shtml). XD I have one on SoulSilver.

Do you want it in OotS style or something else =p?

Lycan 01
2010-07-15, 04:34 PM
Hmmm. Darn my lack of creativity. XD I can't come up with much for poor Urahara on either side of the Fail/Success spectrum. Perhaps a tripping over his own cane, or smacking himself in the face with his fan? :smalltongue:

As far as my DnD character's go, I've only had two noteworthy Crit Fails/Successes, but neither of them would be easy to show in Avatar form... :smallconfused:

Lix Lorn
2010-07-15, 04:40 PM
Do you want it in OotS style or something else =p?
I honestly don't mind, as long as I get to do the character description.

Felyndiira
2010-07-15, 04:44 PM
I honestly don't mind, as long as I get to do the character description.

I'd be willing to do it. It would be my first time portraying that much dynamic activity in OotS style, though I do need the practice.

What's the character description =p?

Lix Lorn
2010-07-15, 04:52 PM
I'd be willing to do it. It would be my first time portraying that much dynamic activity in OotS style, though I do need the practice.

What's the character description =p?
<3
Thank you.
(Offers hugs)

Well, character description:
I've got brown hair, very long, slightly curly. Brown eyes too. I normally wear black, often have a cloak. I'm generally portrayed as a sorcerer/wilder/somethingthatusesCharisma.

My original avatar is here. I'd like to keep the ribbon. XD
http://i42.tinypic.com/1zywmit.jpg

SpiderMew
2010-07-15, 05:57 PM
I have a request. Kneenibble's old avatar, the crazy looking guy, holding a pokeball in a way that makes him look crazy and obsessive over it. This will show a critical fail on my part, and a Critical Success on his. Perhaps the pokeball could be dripping blood.

Raz_Fox
2010-07-15, 06:03 PM
I, too, need to bug someone to make that avatar for me. Come on, surely there are plenty of people who'd love to see Secret tied up!

...That came out wrong, didn't it?

Lix Lorn
2010-07-15, 06:10 PM
Wait, is that Secret as in the Most Secret and Sorrowful of...? I'd pay to see her tied up.

Lycan 01
2010-07-15, 06:22 PM
Who? :smallconfused:

I actually had a funny avatar idea few seconds ago. An irate Techpriest from Warhammer 40K banging his fist on top of a computer, which is currently suffering from a Blue Screen of Death. :smallbiggrin:

happyturtle
2010-07-15, 06:25 PM
I have two already:

Critical Success:
http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/mine/CarlyStabs.png by Kid Kris
Commemorating a werewolf game where I bamboozled Wolfbane through the entire thing and killed him last.

and

Critical Failure:
http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/mine/head.png by me
Commemorating the time my ffrp character got assassinated in her sleep.

Edit:

And of course there was also the time I set myself ON FIRE!!!!!

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/mine/onfire2.png

mangosta71
2010-07-15, 07:01 PM

So, that's a critical success on staying warm through the night?

Cealocanth
2010-07-15, 07:49 PM
So, that's a critical success on staying warm through the night?

No! :smalltongue: That's a critical success on being warm for the rest fo your life. ( I don't remember who's sig I saw that in. Please remind me.)

Felyndiira
2010-07-15, 08:02 PM
<3
Thank you.
(Offers hugs)

Well, character description:
[SPOILER]I've got brown hair, very long, slightly curly. Brown eyes too. I normally wear black, often have a cloak. I'm generally portrayed as a sorcerer/wilder/somethingthatusesCharisma.

http://i32.tinypic.com/vrbwok.png http://i25.tinypic.com/2r55nxg.png

Please tell me if you want a different pose or if you want anything else changed =p. I'll add in the highlights and shadows once I get the pose right.

Teutonic Knight
2010-07-15, 08:29 PM
Would seppuku count as a failure? Cause, the samurai had to FAIL at something really bad in order to even consider seppuku.

SpiderMew
2010-07-15, 08:30 PM
Would seppuku count as a failure? Cause, the samurai had to FAIL at something really bad in order to even consider seppuku.

I would think Failing at seppuku would be a better critical fail, like he trys to kill himself and the blade bends because its rubber, and its just compatcting to his overall failure.

Teutonic Knight
2010-07-15, 08:37 PM
I would think Failing at seppuku would be a better critical fail, like he trys to kill himself and the blade bends because its rubber, and its just compatcting to his overall failure.

Yeah, and that way it fits OotS's overall humorous nature. Thanks. I'm thinking of him stabbing himself and the *MISS* word appears.

Lycan 01
2010-07-15, 08:55 PM
I agree, his dagger breaking or being too dull would be a hilarious fail. :smalltongue:

Teutonic Knight
2010-07-15, 09:19 PM
I agree, his dagger breaking or being too dull would be a hilarious fail. :smalltongue:

The only problem with his knife breaking for being too dull would be representation. It's hard to show that in a little 120 by 120 box.

Lycan 01
2010-07-15, 09:22 PM
You could show the blade bending, or a burst of sparks and shards from the armor. Or it could be a katana, which would be easier to show bending or breaking, even though seppekku was traditionally with a tanto, IIRC.

horngeek
2010-07-15, 09:30 PM
Hmmm... well, I'd like this avvie portrayed as having critically failed a Use Rope check as well. :smalltongue:

There's also the crit success, showing her having just got out of Houndini's Water Torture cell.

Raz_Fox
2010-07-15, 10:08 PM
Wait, is that Secret as in the Most Secret and Sorrowful of...? I'd pay to see her tied up.

Hmmm... well, I'd like this avvie portrayed as having critically failed a Use Rope check as well. :smalltongue:

ALREADY MY PERV-ARMY GROWS MWAHAHA :sabine:

Ashen Lilies
2010-07-15, 10:30 PM
I approve of this avatar week. :smallsmile:

Quick, called the presses!

Yeah, and that way it fits OotS's overall humorous nature. Thanks. I'm thinking of him stabbing himself and the *MISS* word appears.

Have him try to commit Seppuku and accidentally stab the guy behind him. Double points if it's the friend who's meant to decapitate him after.

Serpentine
2010-07-15, 10:35 PM
Serpentine, could I get a Ninetails who's fainted and a Ninetails who's firing a Fire Blast?Should be easy enough, but... I've only played the very earliest Pokemans, where "fainting" involved "falling off the screen". Now, while that would be easy, it might not be very interesting. Artistic licence?

Hm... For a failure, I could have my shield sundered in two, and for success, a sword breaking against it.

Would any avatarist be willing to help out their fellow playgrounder by making those? My artistic abilities are so horrible, I cannot even do those minor alterations.Should be easy, though I don't mind if anyone else wants to do it.

By the way, if anyone wants to have a crack at mine I'm happy for you to do so. Not so much a request (as I should be fine to do it myself), as an "if anyone's been itching to play with her".
I've got an idea for the tangled version, though I was thinking managing to trip over would be pretty impressive, too. But what about a success?
Man, this really is one where animated avatars would be very useful...

Cealocanth
2010-07-15, 10:38 PM
I think I have an idea for my avatar, or possibly a sigatar if it's too big.

Lix Lorn
2010-07-16, 09:26 AM
http://i32.tinypic.com/vrbwok.png http://i25.tinypic.com/2r55nxg.png
._.
You are Awesome.
I particularly like the first one!
Could it be possible to have the hair a little browner, little less red? It doesn't matter much. XD

Delusion
2010-07-16, 09:48 AM
Hmmn. I'm thinking of having my avatar violate the first law of summoning.

Never summon anything bigger than your head.:smallamused:

Teddy
2010-07-16, 11:02 AM
I finished one of my pictures. Behold:

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/1426/criticalfailureteddylar.png

Free hug and 1d6 points of piercing damage, anyone?

Tiger Duck
2010-07-16, 02:31 PM
I would like to participate in this week. But I have no idea what to do with it. any ideas?

MartytheBioGuy
2010-07-16, 04:12 PM
Prepare for Tajacu, pursued by a bear. What a fail of an animal empathy check!

deuxhero
2010-07-16, 04:24 PM
Hmm. I'm pretty open on what my Avatar is for a week... hmm.

OH! I got an idea. An awful idea. I just got a wonderful, *awful* idea!

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/2268/41126265.png

I spent an awful lot of work on it.

The image not found bit is purposeful, note it's actually an imageshack link.

TSGames
2010-07-16, 04:41 PM
In light of of this event, I have decided that it may be time to update my avatar from this:

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/5d1626c008.jpg

to this:

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/d9df247f52.png

I think the new one will be easy enough to adapt to critical success/failure. Plus, the Google android is just so cute! That why no one suspects it...

Teddy
2010-07-16, 04:51 PM
In light of of this event, I have decided that it may be time to update my avatar from this:

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/5d1626c008.jpg

to this:

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/d9df247f52.png

I think the new one will be easy enough to adapt to critical success/failure. Plus, the Google android is just so cute! That why no one suspects it...

Add rust and smoke. Obey the glorious pile of scrap! :smallwink:

Oh, and the shadow from the original "O" is visible under the Chrome "O", just so you know.

GrlumpTheElder
2010-07-16, 04:57 PM
Something quick and nasty for the moment. More work will be put in later...

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w192/pomchop/Museum/GrlumpTheFail.png

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w192/pomchop/Museum/GTF.png

Ranger Mattos
2010-07-16, 06:07 PM
Teutonic Knight, do you think you would be able to make an avatar for me that has my elf somehow shooting himself with his own arrow?

absolmorph
2010-07-16, 06:35 PM
Nooooooo!
The one week of the summer that I'll be away from the internet!
Ah, well. I'll just deal with it. Maybe change my avatar to something else, just 'cause I can (and it fits me better).

mucat
2010-07-16, 07:53 PM
I have two three already:

All well crafted and funny, in their own disturbing way...the facial expressions confused me though:

Critical Success:
http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/mine/CarlyStabs.png by Kid Kris
Commemorating a werewolf game where I bamboozled Wolfbane through the entire thing and killed him last.
Why does she look shocked? She did this on purpose, right?

Critical Failure:
http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/mine/head.png by me
Commemorating the time my ffrp character got assassinated in her sleep.
And this one is smiling. "Mmmm...smells like cake in here!"

OK, this one looks unhappy about the whole fire thing.
(Hands the poor avatar a fire extinguisher, a bottle of whiskey, and a do-it-yourself skin graft kit, and wishes her the best.)

Teutonic Knight
2010-07-16, 08:55 PM
Teutonic Knight, do you think you would be able to make an avatar for me that has my elf somehow shooting himself with his own arrow?

I'm think of him holding the bow backwards, either that or aimed at his feet. Either way the arrow is in his body somewhere and he is crying out in pain.

Superglucose
2010-07-16, 08:57 PM
Should be easy enough, but... I've only played the very earliest Pokemans, where "fainting" involved "falling off the screen". Now, while that would be easy, it might not be very interesting. Artistic licence?

You have as much as you want!

Elm11
2010-07-17, 12:33 AM
I actually had a funny avatar idea few seconds ago. An irate Techpriest from Warhammer 40K banging his fist on top of a computer, which is currently suffering from a Blue Screen of Death. :smallbiggrin:

I absolutely love this. i don't normally play guard, but i can imagine how brilliant this would look! I don't suppose there's any chance of being able to get one?

Lycan 01
2010-07-17, 12:42 AM
I'm afraid I can't make avatars. I was thinking about requesting that avatar for myself, but if you want to request and use it, go right ahead. :smallsmile:

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-17, 02:43 AM
Let's say, for the sake of discussion, that I want to have Alarra make me an avatar for this. Any ideas on what I should ask her to make for me?

Serpentine
2010-07-17, 05:10 AM
Serpentine, could I get a Ninetails who's fainted and a Ninetails who's firing a Fire Blast?Ta-da!

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/serpentine16/Avatarables/ninetailsfail.gif http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/serpentine16/Avatarables/ninetailswin.gif

Nevitan
2010-07-17, 05:26 AM
Ta-da!

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/serpentine16/Avatarables/ninetailsfail.gif http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/serpentine16/Avatarables/ninetailswin.gif

That Failure one literally had me laughing out loud.

BisectedBrioche
2010-07-17, 06:08 AM
Well it looks like I won't be able to find time to make myself an avvie.

I don't suppose someone could provide me with;
1.My usual avatar failing to set up a Dark Sentry (the thing he wears as a backpack, in case you don't know).

2. My usual avatar finding a treasure chest with the message "Found Invincible" (Invincible being the best gun in the third game) in the style of Disgaea.

Serpentine
2010-07-17, 06:15 AM

Would any avatarist be willing to help out their fellow playgrounder by making those? My artistic abilities are so horrible, I cannot even do those minor alterations.Oh look.
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/serpentine16/Avatarables/shieldwin.gif http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/serpentine16/Avatarables/shieldfail.gif

horngeek
2010-07-17, 06:37 AM
Oh look.
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/serpentine16/Avatarables/shieldwin.gif http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/serpentine16/Avatarables/shieldfail.gif

The second one made me laugh.

Teddy
2010-07-17, 06:38 AM
Ta-da!

Hehehe... I love that failure. Fainting in a battle with a Magicarp is truly a critical failure (unless it's a lvl. 100 Magicarp against a much lower level opponent). Shouldn't the Ninetales be the one closer to the screen, though?

Serpentine
2010-07-17, 07:05 AM
Shouldn't the Ninetales be the one closer to the screen, though?Shhhhh. Artistic licence.

edit: So, I've got a Failserp.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/serpentine16/Avatarables/Serpentine/SerpentineFail.gif

What should my Winserp be?

Lix Lorn
2010-07-17, 07:57 AM
Standing on top of a Tarrasque with a non-glowy dagger?

Teddy
2010-07-17, 08:21 AM

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/serpentine16/Avatarables/Serpentine/SerpentineFail.gif

Nice! My train of thoughts when I saw this:

Serpentine tangle -> Serpentine accidently hangs herself in her tail -> Serpentine accidently hangs someone else in her tail while trying to catch him/her when he/she fell off a cliff

Am I a sick person? :smalltongue:

BisectedBrioche
2010-07-17, 08:26 AM
Shhhhh. Artistic licence.

A certificate which officially confirms you aren't a naga or yuan-ti?

Also, repost since it was at the bottom of the last page;

1.My usual avatar failing to set up a Dark Sentry (the thing he wears as a backpack, in case you don't know).

2. My usual avatar finding a treasure chest with the message "Found Invincible" (Invincible being the best gun in the third game) in the style of Disgaea.

Lord Loss
2010-07-17, 09:37 AM
Could someone make a version of my avvie with a tentacle stuck in an elevator door? I have no artistic talent. Thanks in advance. His heart is filled with snakes. I'd really appreciate this avvie...

Ranger Mattos
2010-07-17, 09:46 AM
I'm think of him holding the bow backwards, either that or aimed at his feet. Either way the arrow is in his body somewhere and he is crying out in pain.

I like the second idea, where he's aimed his bow at his feet. Preferably with a :smalleek: expression on his face after he shot himself.

MartytheBioGuy
2010-07-17, 01:54 PM
This is proving too much for an amateur avatarist such as myself... Could someone perhaps craft Tajacu pursued by a bear for me? And for a win- Umm... riding a bear? I don't know.

Oh, and he doesn't have to be holding the scimitar or casting, I just felt that in an ordinary stance, those would indicate his druid-ness well.

Tiger Duck
2010-07-17, 02:26 PM
I like the second idea, where he's aimed his bow at his feet. Preferably with a :smalleek: expression on his face after he shot himself.

Is this what you wanted?
http://i29.tinypic.com/screwp.jpg

Strawberries
2010-07-17, 02:53 PM
Yay for finally finding the time to open Inkscape again!

It's not my best avatar, but here it is:
Critical failure:

http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af331/strawberries1984/avatarCRITICAL.png

I...I wanted to summon an earth elemental...how did I get bricks?

mucat
2010-07-17, 03:06 PM
Critical failure:

Critical success could be summoning catnip...though at this revolution, it would be hard to tell thar's what it is, unless you make "catnip!" a sound effect...

Asta Kask
2010-07-17, 03:10 PM
Yay for finally finding the time to open Inkscape again!

It's not my best avatar, but here it is:
Critical failure:

Summoning a very handsome earth elemental?

Strawberries
2010-07-17, 03:15 PM
Summoning a very handsome earth elemental?

Asta, I now have this image of an earth elemental winking and saying "hey, babe" stuck in my head. Thank you for nothing. :smallbiggrin::smalltongue:.

Though that would probably be another critical failure....:smalltongue:

mucat
2010-07-17, 03:39 PM
Well, you've already got that great Waltzing Matilda avatar. I know there are already, like, 1000 things happening in it, but there might be room for a snakeperson protecting the old man, perhaps hanging from the tree branch and scaring off the horsemen?

This would be a tribute, of course, to the lost, rarely-heard(1) "happy ending" verse to the song, which goes:

Along came a snake, said "G'day" to the swagman,
Climbed to the top of the coolabah tree,
And said to the troopers, "Stay back or I'll grab ya,
And you'll come a-waltzing Matilda with me!" :smallsmile:

(1) because I made it up...

Ashen Lilies
2010-07-17, 09:23 PM
Serp as the swagman, with a pair of swagman legs sticking out of her swagman bag.

SpiderMew
2010-07-17, 09:27 PM
I have a request. Kneenibble's old avatar, the crazy looking guy, holding a pokeball in a way that makes him look crazy and obsessive over it. This will show a critical fail on my part, and a Critical Success on his. Perhaps the pokeball could be dripping blood.

Repost, and i found his old avatar for refernce.
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg140/Kneenibble/insane.png

Cealocanth
2010-07-17, 09:48 PM
My original idea for the coming week (my avatar kneeling on the ground, crying Nooooooo! over his broken axe) has been rendered impossible for my current avatarism skill because of my avatar's lack of knees. I need a new idea.

When you see my avatar, how can you imagine him critically failing at.

Icewalker
2010-07-17, 10:12 PM
Critical failure or Critical success Aviary picture...

The Egret catching a bullet perhaps, but that's not so much critical success as standard...

I think the picture I'd have to go for is a picture of The Eagle of Justice, who is really just a critical failure of an Admiral, a la Zapp Brannigan. I'll put together a description soon.

Ashen Lilies
2010-07-17, 11:52 PM
Kris makes a critical success on his Diplomacy check! Booyah!

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x280/kriskatarn/DealwiththeDevil.png

horngeek
2010-07-17, 11:58 PM
Nice. :smalltongue:

Superglucose
2010-07-18, 12:03 AM
Ta-da!

Beautiful!

Skeppio
2010-07-18, 12:54 AM
I've got my normal avatar, Skeppio:
http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/2158/g71735154.png

And here's Skeppio summoning something he didn't expect:
http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/8417/skeppiofailweek.png

Rowsen
2010-07-18, 01:08 AM
http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/2853/britishsuccess.png
We have a successful beverage!
http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/3548/britishfail.png
OH NO HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN

Superglucose
2010-07-18, 01:10 AM
Your tea, it is on fire.

Strawberries
2010-07-18, 01:42 AM
Critical success could be summoning catnip...though at this revolution, it would be hard to tell thar's what it is, unless you make "catnip!" a sound effect...

This gave me an idea, this time with a water elemental.

http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af331/strawberries1984/avatarCRITICAL2.png

One sorcerer' s critical failure is a familiar's critical success...:smalltongue:

edit: it helps to actually post the image when trying to show the avatar.

Thajocoth
2010-07-18, 01:53 AM
Is this two separate themes? Or do we pick success or failure and run with it?

I'm trying to think of something... My question is to know whether or not I need to think of two somethings.

EDIT: I could pan the image over, aim the breath weapon forward, and have a Fire Elemental standing in the flames checking it's watch...

Ashen Lilies
2010-07-18, 01:59 AM
Your tea, it is on fire.

And that's terrible.

Cobalt
2010-07-18, 02:27 AM
Is this two separate themes? Or do we pick success or failure and run with it?

I'm trying to think of something... My question is to know whether or not I need to think of two somethings.

EDIT: I could pan the image over, aim the breath weapon forward, and have a Fire Elemental standing in the flames checking it's watch...

You pick either. Some people are making both to round it out, but you don't need to.

And in case any of you were wondering, my melting/distorted Cross does count as a Critical Failure. Because it ain't Success, that's for sure.

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx188/JupiterCobalt/Assorted/TanIronCross-1.jpg

Can you just imagine it crawling towards you?

Thajocoth
2010-07-18, 02:48 AM
http://www.GameCheetz.com/IncendiusFail.png

The neck looks a little awkward...

Lix Lorn
2010-07-18, 05:41 AM
This gave me an idea, this time with a water elemental.

http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af331/strawberries1984/avatarCRITICAL2.png

One sorcerer' s critical failure is a familiar's critical success...:smalltongue:

edit: it helps to actually post the image when trying to show the avatar.
...that is so awesome. XD

Lix approves. XD

Serpentine
2010-07-18, 05:59 AM
Standing on top of a Tarrasque with a non-glowy dagger?Eeeeeh...
A certificate which officially confirms you aren't a naga or yuan-ti?Mmmmm...
Well, you've already got that great Waltzing Matilda avatar. I know there are already, like, 1000 things happening in it, but there might be room for a snakeperson protecting the old man, perhaps hanging from the tree branch and scaring off the horsemen?
Serp as the swagman, with a pair of swagman legs sticking out of her swagman bag.Uuuuuh...

Any other ideas? :smalltongue:

Felyndiira
2010-07-18, 06:01 AM
Serpentine shedding her tail and becoming a human =p?

That was probably a bad idea, sorry.

horngeek
2010-07-18, 06:50 AM
:smalltongue:

Now, I'm just waiting for my avvie...

Serpentine
2010-07-18, 06:59 AM
Nah, she has a ring for that.

Lady Tialait
2010-07-18, 07:06 AM
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll163/Tialait/cloneAVT-1.png

My fail.

Trobby
2010-07-18, 07:11 AM
What about Serp successfully entangling someone in her tail?

And now, I present to you, MY CRITICAL FAILURE!

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b244/Introbulus/CriticalFailAvatar2.png

I could not have failed more if I tried. :smallwink:

Asta Kask
2010-07-18, 08:29 AM
And now, I present to you, MY CRITICAL FAILURE!

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b244/Introbulus/CriticalFailAvatar2.png

I could not have failed more if I tried. :smallwink:

Happens to me all the time... :smallfrown:

Serpentine
2010-07-18, 08:36 AM
Oh man. I just got another idea for a Fail.
Why can't I win? :smallfrown: Though I do have one of me crushing Djinn in Tonic, and another of me eating Castaras' pies...

Dogmantra
2010-07-18, 08:47 AM
Most of my Hallowe'en costumes probably count. Especially my Djinn_In_Tonic costume.
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll78/De_ressurect/dogmantraintonic.png

If I can't think of anything else for the week, guess I'm busting this out, complete with signature.

Ashen Lilies
2010-07-18, 08:53 AM
Anyone else suddenly notice a tick next to this thread?:smallconfused:
*looks at bottom*
Ah. Well that's new. I think.

Lix Lorn
2010-07-18, 08:58 AM
If I can't think of anything else for the week, guess I'm busting this out, complete with signature.
We should totally collaborate. XD

Dogmantra
2010-07-18, 09:04 AM
Anyone else suddenly notice a tick next to this thread?:smallconfused:
*looks at bottom*
Ah. Well that's new. I think.
Think it means you've replied to the thread.

We should totally collaborate. XD

Aye. That we should. :smalltongue:

Trobby
2010-07-18, 09:07 AM
Do you mean the check mark? Yes, I did too. Not sure what it means though. Maybe it's just super approved?

Serpentine
2010-07-18, 09:11 AM
It's another returned feature, that indicates threads you've posted in.

Trobby
2010-07-18, 09:22 AM
Aaah, I think I see what you mean Serp. ^^; It just means a post of ours exists in that thread. Hooray for answers!

Also, this is the only thing I could come up with for critical success.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b244/Introbulus/PerfectSaves.png

Any better suggestions?

Lix Lorn
2010-07-18, 09:24 AM
Aye. That we should. :smalltongue:
For critical failure: you, walking through a door, going 'Honey, I'm ho-'
And then, from offscreen, (in darkorchid) 'Oh, (someone I flirt with regularly)!'

Then for success, the second line from above and then. '...oh, you're home! Wanna join in?'
...that would make a better banner. But hey.

Also, this is the only thing I could come up with for critical success.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b244/Introbulus/PerfectSaves.png

Any better suggestions?
A picture of a LE deity going '(Squee!) He's so cute!'

A Rainy Knight
2010-07-18, 09:44 AM

Maybe playing one of those snake charmer's instruments and getting swirly eyes? That might cross between succeeding at playing it and failing at resisting it, though.

So, what could be more of a failure than failing a Use Rope check and tying yourself up? Doing it at several miles above the Earth's surface, of course.
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd267/A_Rainy_Knight/Failedropework.png

Felyndiira
2010-07-18, 09:47 AM
Eeeeeh...Mmmmm...Uuuuuh...

Serp piercing through the sidebar with her tail, poking a hole in it and revealing the HTML behind =p?

Felyndiira
2010-07-18, 02:03 PM
I am double-posting. Rawr.

._.
You are Awesome.
I particularly like the first one!
Could it be possible to have the hair a little browner, little less red? It doesn't matter much. XD

Finally finished =p.

http://i25.tinypic.com/2ugjj8x.png

Sorry it took so long. I had to catch up with a few of my roleplays (last-minute sheet edits, finalizations, etc.) and make preparations to move somewhere far away, so I was a bit strapped on time.

@V: Definitely ^_^.

Lix Lorn
2010-07-18, 03:15 PM
...you are the greatest person since Gandhi, Da Vinci and Michaelangelo (Turtle and artist) all rolled into one. <3

At some indefinate point in the future, could I trouble your amazingness to do my a non-theme week avatar?

horngeek
2010-07-18, 03:26 PM
Hmmm... would their be a crit success for Dogmantra that could be linked to the above avvie for Lixie? :smalltongue:

MartytheBioGuy
2010-07-18, 03:34 PM
This is proving too much for an amateur avatarist such as myself... Could someone perhaps craft Tajacu pursued by a bear for me? And for a win- Umm... riding a bear? I don't know.

Oh, and he doesn't have to be holding the scimitar or casting, I just felt that in an ordinary stance, those would indicate his druid-ness well.

Reposting... Shamelessly. Anyone at all willing to try would really only have to do the fail unless they really felt like doing two. I see this as being "choose which you wanted" more than "get two avatars out this week."

The Bushranger
2010-07-18, 07:06 PM
I'll probably use this avvy Rainy made, of my FFRP character Shawna. :smallsmile:
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd267/A_Rainy_Knight/BROfficerresized.png

How is this a Critical Success/Failure?
Well, clearly the Kaiser got a natural 20 on his Conquest (Europe) roll. :smalltongue:

Diva De
2010-07-18, 08:55 PM
I WANNA DO THIS BUT I NEED AN AVATARIST TO ADOPT ME!

Critical Fail - because that's how I roll.

Something like kneeling to light a fire, looking frustrated, while EVERYTHING in the background burns to the ground.

Ranger Mattos
2010-07-18, 10:39 PM
Is this what you wanted?
http://i29.tinypic.com/screwp.jpg

Amazing! :smallbiggrin: Thank you! But I will not put it as my avi until the actual crit success/fail week.

Blue Ghost
2010-07-18, 11:37 PM
I still can't think of what to do for this week...
Maybe accidentally baking evil cookies because I used the wrong person's essence? Yeah, that's it. Being chased by a flock of flying evil cookies.

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-19, 12:57 AM
Return request for ideas for me. Fail or Win, either way. I just can't think of anything. Maybe I'm just too generic of a character?

Pheehelm
2010-07-19, 04:34 AM
Zeb -- thinking back on your last avatar, I'd say "strike" and "gutter ball" would be good.

I have some ideas for my own thing here, but I'd have to get an actual avatar first. Maybe I should get around to reposting my avatar request. I only have one repost left...

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-19, 04:39 AM
This would be a better representation of my "normal" avatar.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Alarra/gitp/zeb.gif

Pheehelm
2010-07-19, 04:54 AM
Well, now I'm thinking back to what I remember of how your current avatar came to be...maybe add a big crack in the lens? Or add a filter so it appears out of focus, something like that?

Dogmantra
2010-07-19, 08:19 AM
You could draw a grey beard and wrinkles onto Pudding Troll. I don't really know what that would fail but I'd find it hilarious.

Teddy
2010-07-19, 08:43 AM
You could draw a grey beard and wrinkles onto Pudding Troll. I don't really know what that would fail but I'd find it hilarious.

Or, find a picture of him being very angry/sad. That could be a fail from your side.

Prince Zahn
2010-07-19, 09:20 AM
How about this: as my critical success/failure based on my rogue character, Foylo.
Failure:http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/fab756ebf5.png (Hey Guys? I think I'm Stuck!)
Success:http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/39325c6cd1.png
(Hey Guys, I found a Silver Piece!)
opinions would be nice.
EDIT: If not the failure above then perhaps this:
Failure(2):http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/e08085625f.png

Teddy
2010-07-19, 10:34 AM
Success:http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/39325c6cd1.png
(Hey Guys, I found a Silver Piece!)

Hehehe, I love this one. :smallbiggrin:

Lix Lorn
2010-07-19, 11:39 AM
Maybe accidentally baking evil cookies because I used the wrong person's essence? Yeah, that's it. Being chased by a flock of flying evil cookies.
I want to run a campaign based on essence now.
'You! Yeah, you with the pink, sugar filled and highly caffeinated essence!'

Also, I like the rogue 'success'. XD

Blue Ghost
2010-07-19, 11:52 AM
I want to run a campaign based on essence now.
'You! Yeah, you with the pink, sugar filled and highly caffeinated essence!'

I'll play in it. :smallsmile:

So I guess I'll be putting my request out there now. Can someone make me an avatar of me being chased by a swarm of vicious evil flying cookies that want to eat me? Maybe dropping a baking pan as I'm fleeing?

Lix Lorn
2010-07-19, 04:19 PM
I'll play in it. :smallsmile:

So I guess I'll be putting my request out there now. Can someone make me an avatar of me being chased by a swarm of vicious evil flying cookies that want to eat me? Maybe dropping a baking pan as I'm fleeing?
...Let me just legally obtain the DMG, and we're go.

Mystic Muse
2010-07-19, 07:10 PM
Hmm. What would a critical failure be for Slade AKA Deathstroke?

Lycan 01
2010-07-19, 07:16 PM
Getting punched out by Deadpool. :smallamused:

Or Deadpool fans asking for his autograph. :smalltongue:

Forever Curious
2010-07-20, 12:16 AM
...hm...I honestly have no idea what I should do for this. What's a good success/fail for an Unseelie fae?

Serpentine
2010-07-20, 01:45 AM
Failed Intimidate check vs. a friendly rainbow makeup and paint-wielding pixie? :smallamused:

Superglucose
2010-07-20, 02:22 AM
Oh man. I just got another idea for a Fail.
Why can't I win? :smallfrown: Though I do have one of me crushing Djinn in Tonic, and another of me eating Castaras' pies...
... put yourself back on the pole >.> :smallbiggrin:

Serpentine
2010-07-20, 02:24 AM
Perform (dance) check? Maybe. Maybe with some swirly-eyed fellas around, for a Perform (dance) to fascinate check...

Forever Curious
2010-07-20, 02:38 AM
Failed Intimidate check vs. a friendly rainbow makeup and paint-wielding pixie? :smallamused:

Would you be so kind as to create such a thing? My art-fu is weak. :smallfrown: Maybe have her cowering to some My Little Pony inspired fae horror?

Teddy
2010-07-20, 02:42 AM
Perform (dance) check? Maybe. Maybe with some swirly-eyed fellas around, for a Perform (dance) to fascinate check...

Oh, while playing one of those snake charmers flutes. That could also make a fail: you accidently charm yourself.
Yes, I know that it's the charmer's movements and not the flute that charms the snake.

Serpentine
2010-07-20, 02:47 AM
That one's already been suggested :smalltongue:
Would you be so kind as to create such a thing? My art-fu is weak. :smallfrown: Maybe have her cowering to some My Little Pony inspired fae horror?Maybe, but not anytime soon - computer fail :smallfrown:

Don Julio Anejo
2010-07-20, 03:53 AM
Not exactly on topic but I think this qualifies as a pretty good example of critical failure:

I have (or shall we now say "had") an lab report due today (well, yesterday) at midnight (the one 2 hours ago). It's 11PM. I'm mostly done (it's for analytical chem - mostly it involves making one long-ass excel file with all the absorption readings for flame atomic emission spectroscopy (you don't need to know what it is, I certainly don't), using those to calculate calcium/sodium ion concentration in ppm and then showing work + uncertainties in a dozen or so text boxes on a website).

I've even finished most of the text boxes (something I almost never do). All typed up and ready to go in notepad, just to be safe in case my browser crashes or something (happened the last time I had to do an assignment). Because the stuff is in notepad instead of Firefox, I haven't submitted a single text box, nor have I the excel file because I was still putting a few finishing touches on it.

Well, guess what happens at exactly 11:06 PM?

Roll d20 to see how much of the assignment I will finish (I usually end up not finishing 1 or 2 text boxes, for a grand total of 3-5% of the total point value of the assignment):

Roll d20 = 1.

Critical failure. The power goes out. In a 20 block radius. For the record, I'm in Canada, not Moldavia or somesuch. Doesn't come back till 12:03 AM, exactly 4 minutes after the whole thing is due. I'm very much looking forward to explaining this to my professor so he reopens the submission webpage without sounding like the dog ate my homework.

Thought I'd share the story. And for the record, I'm pretty amused by this, unlike the other 1 I rolled a few hours back - my best friend's girlfriend was going to set me up with her best friend on Wednesday. Didn't quite work out - they (I mean my friend and his girlfriend, not his girlfriend and her friend) broke up today.

Superglucose
2010-07-20, 03:55 AM
Critical success on a Charisma check?

Ashen Lilies
2010-07-20, 04:49 AM
I like the idea of Serp with a snake-charmer's flute, and a little Indian man rising up from a wicker pot.

horngeek
2010-07-20, 06:14 AM
I like the idea of Serp with a snake-charmer's flute, and a little Indian man rising up from a wicker pot.

This would be funny. :smalltongue:

Serpentine
2010-07-20, 07:14 AM
Hmmm...
Any volunteers? :smallamused:

Ashen Lilies
2010-07-20, 09:16 AM
Maybe. I'll try it, but I'm not very good at cramming more than one character into an avatar sized space.

Serpentine
2010-07-20, 09:19 AM
I meant, to be charmed, but like I said before, I'm more than happy for anyone to give it a crack.

Trobby
2010-07-20, 09:28 AM
I meant, to be charmed, but like I said before, I'm more than happy for anyone to give it a crack.

I volunteer! ^o^ I've never made a guest appearance in an avatar before. :smallbiggrin:

Maybe someone accidentally coming by with a vacuum and nearly stealing away your blue robe?

Cookies work too though.

A picture of a LE deity going '(Squee!) He's so cute!'

But that happens all the time to you, Lix. ;p

Ashen Lilies
2010-07-20, 09:58 AM
So Serp charming Introbulus? I'll get right on it!
*promptly falls asleep*

Dragero
2010-07-20, 10:25 AM
Could somebody please draw my normal Avatar with a boot on his head, arms flailing to try and get it off?

*Cough*Duexhero*Cough*

horngeek
2010-07-20, 10:27 AM
So Serp charming Introbulus? I'll get right on it!
*promptly falls asleep*

Don't forget mah request!

Lix Lorn
2010-07-20, 10:27 AM
But that happens all the time to you, Lix. ;p
That's a CC (Chaotic Chaotic) deity. (Wink)

BisectedBrioche
2010-07-20, 10:30 AM
Repost, since I no longer have Fireworks on my computer. :smallfrown:

Diva De
2010-07-20, 06:46 PM
I WANNA DO THIS BUT I NEED AN AVATARIST TO ADOPT ME!

Critical Fail - because that's how I roll.

Something like kneeling to light a fire, looking frustrated, while EVERYTHING in the background burns to the ground.

>.>
Repost?

Trobby
2010-07-20, 07:16 PM
With your current avatar? Just making sure you don't want a different avatar represented in your "week" avatar.

I could do it. ^^; Or at least try.

Edit: I feel the need to point out that this will be my first foray into scene design. So I hope you don't mind that my background might be a little sketchy.

SpiderMew
2010-07-20, 08:25 PM

Here's his old avatar
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg140/Kneenibble/insane.png

Repost of my request. Wont someone hook a pokemon up?

Raz_Fox
2010-07-20, 09:42 PM

I HAVE NO INDIVIDUALITY, I MUST REPOST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2010-07-20, 10:00 PM
I have a fail one.

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk110/Gwyn_ap_Nud/Gwyp.png

Cobalt
2010-07-20, 10:26 PM
I have a fail one.

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk110/Gwyn_ap_Nud/Gwyp.png

Hmm... I think I see it. (a right-side up face in your upside down face)

Blue Ghost
2010-07-20, 10:30 PM
Reposting my request...

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2010-07-20, 10:40 PM
Hmm... I think I see it. (a right-side up face in your upside down face)

The gears? Huh, I hadn't noticed that before...

Gorram, I love this avvie.

Nevitan
2010-07-20, 11:00 PM
Repost of my request. Wont someone hook a pokemon up?
Of course.
http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n365/b_nebb/Insanecatch.png
How's that look?

KenderWizard
2010-07-21, 12:04 AM
Finally got around to making a critical failure!

http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr76/EmilyNeenan/KenderWizardFail-1.png

I'd like to do a corresponding success, but I'm not sure what a critical success for a kender wizard would be. I asked my boyfriend and he suggested "Successfully casting a spell?". :smalltongue:

Edit: Ooh, sorry it's so big, I forgot to resize it!

Delusion
2010-07-21, 02:30 AM
Silly little cultist.
http://i1024.photobucket.com/albums/y302/Wrongdelusion/Summon-gonewrong.png
Never summon anything bigger than your head.

SpiderMew
2010-07-21, 08:30 AM
Of course.
http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n365/b_nebb/Insanecatch.png
How's that look?

Awsome, thanks :smallbiggrin:

Diva De
2010-07-21, 02:07 PM
With your current avatar? Just making sure you don't want a different avatar represented in your "week" avatar.

I could do it. ^^; Or at least try.

Edit: I feel the need to point out that this will be my first foray into scene design. So I hope you don't mind that my background might be a little sketchy.

As long as the background is ON FIRE, no worries. And avy just has to be me - green eyes, long brown hair. Clothing, unimportant. Could even be smoking for all I care. I just think it'd be funny to watch me ACTUALLY burn stuff down.

Trobby
2010-07-21, 02:32 PM
Okay, just one more important question.

What are the things your avatar is holding, and what are the things in her back pocket? Just because I might try to implement one or both of them in your avatar.

Also, because I believe in progress reports, here is your avatar, and the scene as it currently stands.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b244/Introbulus/DivaDi.pnghttp://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b244/Introbulus/Critfirefail.png

Won't be in town tomorrow, but I'll try to put the two together on Friday. Thunder in the air prevents me from working at the moment. And on that note, ciao.

Zar Peter
2010-07-21, 03:15 PM
I think I have a critical failure here. :smallbiggrin:

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s113/ZarPeter/Failure.png

Dogmantra
2010-07-21, 03:23 PM
I have mine.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll78/De_ressurect/critfailure.png

Trobby
2010-07-21, 03:23 PM
I one-hundred percent approve of the above avatar. :smallwink:

As a critical success, how about finding life on other planets?

Message above indented for Zeb. Message below intended for Doggie.

BWAFAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA OH MY GOD THAT IS I DON'T EVEN WOW. :smallbiggrin:

Dogmantra
2010-07-21, 03:31 PM
BWAFAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA OH MY GOD THAT IS I DON'T EVEN WOW. :smallbiggrin:

To be fair, about half of those items of clothing were Lix's idea.

Gorgondantess
2010-07-21, 03:32 PM
Could I get an avatar of Cthulhu with a :smalleek: look on his face, about to be impaled by a boat?:smallbiggrin:

Nevitan
2010-07-21, 03:43 PM
Awsome, thanks :smallbiggrin:

No problem.

Trobby
2010-07-21, 03:58 PM
Finished early for Diva De.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b244/Introbulus/DivaDicritfail.png

If you have any change requests to make, PM me.

Teddy
2010-07-21, 04:10 PM
I have mine.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll78/De_ressurect/critfailure.png

My parens' reaction: "dwarven striptease!" You dress up in even more gold and heavy armor.

For the record, both of my parents are Tolkien nerds. :smallbiggrin:

Felyndiira
2010-07-21, 07:28 PM
Yay for critical fails at sense motive:

http://i26.tinypic.com/2rq22qr.png
The child is mini-Fel, of course =p.

Alarra
2010-07-21, 08:31 PM
Message above indented for Zeb.

I think you meant Zar Peter.

Trobby
2010-07-21, 08:34 PM
I think you meant Zar Peter.

...Talk about a critical fail. :smallredface:

ForzaFiori
2010-07-21, 09:05 PM
Oh look.

So it took me forever to remember I had asked for this, but it is uber awesome. :) You are an amazing person Serp.

Andraste
2010-07-21, 10:48 PM
I think I'll go with a basic failed Use Rope check.

Strawberries
2010-07-21, 11:31 PM
Could I get an avatar of Cthulhu with a :smalleek: look on his face, about to be impaled by a boat?:smallbiggrin:

I want to try that!! It's too awesome not to try it! :smallbiggrin:

No guarantees how it'll turn out, however, so if anyone else is interested, feel free to take the request as well.

Lycan 01
2010-07-22, 12:36 AM
Can I make a request, please? If its not too much trouble for anyone? :smalleek:

Could somebody please make an avatar with Urahara (the guy in my avatar) stumbling/falling over because his cane broke with a ":smalleek:" expression?

And/or...

Could somebody please make an avatar with a Techpriest (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440248a&prodId=prod1070077) from Warhammer 40K angrily slamming his fist down on top of a computer screen showing a Blue Screen of Death? (It doesn't have to be that exact Cogboy, just giving an example of what they look like. Preferably I'd like this one to have a face-mask with red eyes, and maybe a thought bubble of expletive marks or binary/morse code symbols above his head to show his frustration. :smalltongue:)

Either one could work for a Crit Fail, but if I get the Cogboy I may keep him after the Week is up...

Tiger Duck
2010-07-22, 01:09 AM

I want to try it :smallbiggrin:

I want to try that!! It's too awesome not to try it! :smallbiggrin:

No guarantees how it'll turn out, however, so if anyone else is interested, feel free to take the request as well.

I hope you don't mind :smallfrown:

And here it is, Spoilerd for your sanity.

http://i28.tinypic.com/28a1s5.jpg

And a slightly different version.
http://i30.tinypic.com/4udgy1.jpg

Diva De
2010-07-22, 07:36 AM
Finished early for Diva De.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b244/Introbulus/DivaDicritfail.png

If you have any change requests to make, PM me.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeee !

Thank you, Intro!

Trobby
2010-07-22, 08:25 AM
Heh...no problem. ^.^ If you have anything you want changed, PM me and I'll do my best to provide. :smallwink:

Blue Ghost
2010-07-22, 12:12 PM

No one wants to take my request? Introbulus? Anybody? :smallfrown:

Lix Lorn
2010-07-22, 01:53 PM
I would if I could... :smallfrown:

Strawberries
2010-07-22, 02:06 PM

Don't worry, I said I didn't mind. And I can't give it a try until tomorrow anyway.

If you don't mind the wait, I can try it.

BisectedBrioche
2010-07-22, 02:19 PM
Third repost.

Gorgondantess
2010-07-22, 02:36 PM

And here it is, Spoilerd for your sanity.

http://i28.tinypic.com/28a1s5.jpg

And a slightly different version.
http://i30.tinypic.com/4udgy1.jpg

Much obliged!:smallbiggrin:

Strawberries
2010-07-22, 04:39 PM

I said I couldn't do it tonight, but apparently I'm a big, fat liar

http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af331/strawberries1984/bluefailure.png

the pan is horrible, but that's what I could come with at this hour. Changes? Comments? Ego-shattering complaints?

Lix Lorn
2010-07-22, 05:13 PM
Heehee. No wonder I wrote that shipfic of us. <3

KenderWizard
2010-07-22, 05:42 PM

the pan is horrible, but that's what I could come with at this hour. Changes? Comments? Ego-shattering complaints?

A quick way to improve the pan would be to put in a curved line inside, showing the bottom of the pan meeting the edge, parallel to the top edge. If that makes sense! Sorry, it's kind of hard to explain!

Those evil cookies are awesome though!

lesser_minion
2010-07-22, 06:10 PM
I'm tempted to try this, but I'm not totally sure what I'd use either way (only just getting a regular avvie kind of does that).

Probably not Use Rope -- there seem to be quite a few people requesting that already.

Cobalt
2010-07-22, 06:48 PM
I'm tempted to try this, but I'm not totally sure what I'd use either way (only just getting a regular avvie kind of does that).

Probably not Use Rope -- there seem to be quite a few people requesting that already.

Use Wire. :smallcool:

Or Net. Net is equally good.

Yes. Yes we are all perverts.

Blue Ghost
2010-07-22, 07:58 PM

Beautiful! Thanks much, Strawberries! :smallsmile:

Heehee. No wonder I wrote that shipfic of us. <3

Which shipfic of whom would this be?

Serpentine
2010-07-22, 11:25 PM
I think the problem with the pan is that, well, it's a saucepan, not a baking tray. It really just needs to be a rectangle of metal. But eh, whatever.

Strawberries
2010-07-23, 12:04 AM
A quick way to improve the pan would be to put in a curved line inside, showing the bottom of the pan meeting the edge, parallel to the top edge. If that makes sense! Sorry, it's kind of hard to explain!

Those evil cookies are awesome though!

It makes sense. Off to work, now, but I'll give it a try tonight.

I think the problem with the pan is that, well, it's a saucepan, not a baking tray. It really just needs to be a rectangle of metal. But eh, whatever.

That's the reason why the cookies turned evil...:smalltongue:. No, you're right, but I couldn't make a tray look right. So...artistic licence. :smalltongue:

Serpentine
2010-07-23, 12:06 AM
Alright, different angle, then: What if you give him a wooden spoon, instead? Possibly with bits of dough still attached?

Superglucose
2010-07-23, 12:37 AM
Are avatar-rotation sites allowed under the rules? I can't figure out. If so I might put all three avvys serp made me and put them on a rotation. I'm not sure the firey Ninetails represents a critical success, but it is most definitely win :smallamused:

And the fail? I love the way you got the ninetails to slump down like that. It's truly beautiful.

Mystic Muse
2010-07-23, 02:10 AM
Are avatar-rotation sites allowed under the rules?

No way Jose

Teddy
2010-07-23, 03:34 AM
Are avatar-rotation sites allowed under the rules? I can't figure out. If so I might put all three avvys serp made me and put them on a rotation. I'm not sure the firey Ninetails represents a critical success, but it is most definitely win :smallamused:

And the fail? I love the way you got the ninetails to slump down like that. It's truly beautiful.

Just change your avatar every day/two days to rotate between them.

I have a second idea for my avatar, which I haven't been able of making yet. When I get home, I'll make it, but I anticipate that it won't be finished before the middle of the week. I'll probably put it up then to get some rotation.

Superglucose
2010-07-23, 03:52 AM
It makes me sad because I've got two GREAT every-day avatars now thanks to Ms. TurpentineSerpentine (I have no idea where that came from)

Trobby
2010-07-23, 10:07 AM

I've got an idea. =3

Your avatar hitting a low-hanging branch while levitating. Or better yet, flying upward so far that she hits the ceiling.

For a success? I'd say any epic-level spell should be sufficient.

lesser_minion
2010-07-23, 11:17 AM
I've got an idea. =3

Your avatar hitting a low-hanging branch while levitating. Or better yet, flying upward so far that she hits the ceiling.

Hmm... yes, OK, that is kind of entertaining. Would anyone like to do this one for me?

For a success? I'd say any epic-level spell should be sufficient.

I'm not so sure about this -- not many epic spells are particularly visible, and the ones that are are mostly useless (cause solar eclipse... cool, what now?).

Hmm... what other 'wins' could I go for?

Strawberries
2010-07-23, 11:34 AM
New and improved pan!

http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af331/strawberries1984/bluefailure2.png

And also, Serp's suggestion

http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af331/strawberries1984/bluefailure3.png

Trobby
2010-07-23, 12:22 PM
Hmm... yes, OK, that is kind of entertaining. Would anyone like to do this one for me?

I'm not so sure about this -- not many epic spells are particularly visible, and the ones that are are mostly useless (cause solar eclipse... cool, what now?).

Hmm... what other 'wins' could I go for?

Defeating a dragon, maybe? Hmm....
Also, I'm not sure I could do the "hitting a branch" bit. Serp's avatar is just so beautiful, I feel like trying to replicate it would lessen the awesome. ;w;

Dragero
2010-07-23, 01:19 PM
Could somebody please draw my normal Avatar with a boot on his head, arms flailing to try and get it off?

Join the club! Repost your request so some nice person may draw you a Fail-tar!

A Rainy Knight
2010-07-23, 03:41 PM
Join the club! Repost your request so some nice person may draw you a Fail-tar!

I'm going to give yours a try. It sounds too funny for me not to. :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: It's kind of simple, but I couldn't think of too much detail to add. Just let me know if there's anything else you want me to include.
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd267/A_Rainy_Knight/Bootheadresized-1.png

Dragero
2010-07-23, 05:32 PM
Hehe....thats great! But the errr...box-butt looks a bit wonky. Could you smooth it out?

A Rainy Knight
2010-07-23, 07:32 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd267/A_Rainy_Knight/Bootheadresized2.png
I smoothed the bottom out a little there. Is the change noticeable enough?

Dragero
2010-07-23, 08:33 PM
Yay, now I won`t cut myself while using toilet paper! You have saved me many painfull nights! Thank you!

MartytheBioGuy
2010-07-23, 10:22 PM

Reposting... Please? I tried one of my own, but it looks awful. Aw. Ful. Help me!

Strawberries
2010-07-25, 04:02 AM
Much obliged!:smallbiggrin:

I like Captain Happy's one better, but I had too much fun making this not to post it :smallbiggrin:

http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af331/strawberries1984/cthfail.png

BisectedBrioche
2010-07-25, 08:46 AM
Pfft, you spend a few years making avatars, then when you lose the program you used to use and run out of free time...:smalltongue:

Tiger Duck
2010-07-25, 08:52 AM
I like Captain Happy's one better, but I had too much fun making this not to post it :smallbiggrin:

And I like yours better, much more comical. :smallsmile:

Lix Lorn
2010-07-25, 07:22 PM
Which shipfic of whom would this be?
MeStrawberries. For the hell of it. XD

The Bushranger
2010-07-26, 12:11 AM
Came up with a different, more appropriate concept for my week's avvy.
Thanks to Rainy for making it! :smallbiggrin:
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd267/A_Rainy_Knight/BRsuccessrevised.png
'tis BR, having gotten a natural 20 on his Craft (Romantic Dinner) check. :smallbiggrin:

Gorgondantess
2010-07-26, 12:44 AM

Damn, I like them both...:smallredface:

Strawberries
2010-07-26, 10:49 AM
MeStrawberries. For the hell of it. XD

Oooh, you were talking about that shipfic... :smallredface:

Lix, how many times do I have to tell you that what happens in PbP stays in PbP.... :smalltongue::smalltongue::smallbiggrin:

Damn, I like them both...:smallredface:

Well, then it's easy: rotate them and use both! :smallsmile:

Forever Curious
2010-07-26, 10:56 AM
I like Serps idea for mine rolling a 1 on an Intimidate check against some My Little Pony-esque pixie.

Any takers?

Telasi
2010-07-26, 06:23 PM
One critically failed charge.
http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/oo203/viorlashasui/SirHalyndliamArunsunKnightoftheSword-CritFailweek3.png

Lix Lorn
2010-07-26, 06:49 PM
I... got bored of waiting. ^_^''