PDA

View Full Version : Derro Sorcerer.

Scarey Nerd
2010-07-15, 10:35 AM
OK, as some of you may know, my Derro originally had 1 Wisdom, which was unacceptable. So, I rerolled him with my DM's permission, and here are the new stats:

STR: 11
DEX: 17
CON: 16
INT: 17
WIS: 7
CHA: 24

Obviously this is a vast improvement, but the -2 WIS is still a slight concern to me. Whilst not being incredibly low, it will obviously still impact the character.

The character is a CE sadistic psychopath, has a superiority complex, is completely insane, loves to torture people to death, delights in the pain of others, and he once kicked a puppy (The rest of the stuff was fine, but the puppy was to make him PROPER evil :smalltongue:).

How would you, oh wise and powerful playgrounders, envision this playing out? (Envision, such a lovely word... Got a very woody sound to it...)

Prodan
2010-07-15, 10:36 AM
Force of Personality.

Scarey Nerd
2010-07-15, 11:54 AM
Force of Personality.

:smallbiggrin: Force of personality, and force of knives...

senrath
2010-07-15, 12:01 PM
Well, 7 Wisdom is just a bit lower than "average" if I'm remembering correctly, so it shouldn't impact things too much. He'd probably fail to think things completely through from time to time, and he'll be a bit less attentive than most people. But otherwise I can't really see a 7 Wis really impacting how he plays very much.

Toliudar
2010-07-15, 12:14 PM
Yup, poor impulse control, impatience and a quickness to resort to force...those seem like good starting places.

I'm assuming that the other players are prepared for this kind of character? Otherwise, there could be serious problems.

Sarquion
2010-07-15, 12:22 PM
To be fair you do have 24 cha for a sorcerer whcih is silly for a character with only one level in a class. also arn't derro's supposed to have low Wis? so surely you should just act as they would? Arn't they just crazy running around killing things for fun? If so with the 7 wis you would be kinda quick to act with out thinking things through just so you could cause some PAIN :smallfurious: DAH PAIN!:smallfurious:

Scarey Nerd
2010-07-15, 12:54 PM
To be fair you do have 24 cha for a sorcerer whcih is silly for a character with only one level in a class. also arn't derro's supposed to have low Wis? so surely you should just act as they would? Arn't they just crazy running around killing things for lols? if so with the 7 wis you would be kinda quick to act with out thinking things through just so you could cause some PAIN :smallfurious: DAH PAIN!:smallfurious:

So I should act like this ----> :belkar: ?

Sarquion
2010-07-15, 01:03 PM
hell yeah you should. Thats what i meant by ARRGH :smallfurious: DAHH :smallfurious:

Zovc
2010-07-15, 01:05 PM
Isn't there a Dwarf Sorcerer racial substitution level that uses Constitution instead of Charisma?

Ferrin
2010-07-15, 01:09 PM
Isn't there a Dwarf Sorcerer racial substitution level that uses Constitution instead of Charisma?

That sub level gives you a bonus to your charisma score equal to your con bonus to determine spells per day.

Keld Denar
2010-07-15, 01:11 PM
Derro are racially notated as "unstable" in the best lighting. Dangerously unpredictable would probably be closer, with destructively insane probably the closest to the mark.

If you want to play on a cruel streak, a focus on Fell Draining metamagic tainted blasting is a pretty interesting path to follow. Fell Draining is in Libris Mortis, and provided a foe takes at least 1 damage from a spell, they gain a negative level, no save. This is commonly paired up with the 0th level SpC spell Sonic Snap, a no-save, no-attack 1 point sonic damage spell, only affected by SR, and with Magic Missile to drain up to 5 targets. Draining someone of their life energy is a rather evil, cruel thing to do, and something that this type of character would be giddy to perform.

And yes there is such an ACF, but its only for spell/day, not DCs, and his Cha is already WAY higher than his Con.

Prodan
2010-07-15, 01:15 PM
There's also a feat for dealing vile damage.

dextercorvia
2010-07-15, 02:24 PM
I second Keld's suggestion, with the addendum that you can use Acid Splash against foes with SR.

I have had an idea for a Fell caster that casts Invisible Fell Draining Wall of [Energy] spells. I love the idea of someone just running throughstuck in an invisible Wall of FireAcid Fog.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-07-15, 03:46 PM
I second Keld's suggestion, with the addendum that you can use Acid Splash against foes with SR.

I have had an idea for a Fell caster that casts Invisible Fell Draining Wall of [Energy] spells. I love the idea of someone just running throughstuck in an invisible Wall of FireAcid Fog.

Get a dungeon crashiung fighter as a party member or cohort to double the fun

(practical metamagic: fell draining is another option to consider