PDA

View Full Version : I've Done it!

Diva De
2010-07-15, 11:35 AM
SO...after holding out as long as I possibly could...I have finally started playing 4e! I guess I was all...rawr...about the time and effort and MONEY I sank into 3.5 and it took me a while to deal with that.

BUT - now that all my friends are playing again and I'm hearing mostly good things about 4th edition, I'm giving it a try. Exciting stuff. And the best part about it is the group - we all get along and our characters sound HILARIOUS.

Anyway, just thought I would pass on the good news. :smallbiggrin:

IonDragon
2010-07-15, 03:02 PM
It's all about fun, regardless of your edition or game. Congrats on getting your group all together.

(See that up there? I completely didn't start an edition war. That takes serious self control.)

Zeb The Troll
2010-07-16, 01:30 AM
I want to be in a regular game again sometime. :smallfrown:

On that note, I've played a few sessions of 4E and have thoroughly enjoyed it, but I can see the hesitance in giving it a try. It's a complete changeup from 3.X. As far as that goes, it took me a while to go from 2nd Ed. to 3E too.

Moonshadow
2010-07-16, 02:02 AM
Congrats! I'm still stuck in 2nd Edition... mmm, non-profiency slots~

mangosta71
2010-07-16, 08:56 AM
I've enjoyed my experiences with both systems. The fun is in escaping reality.

Diva De
2010-07-16, 10:18 AM
Looking forward to it - here are the characters:

Dragonborn ardent who was kept as a Drow prisoner for years.
A dwarf with the dwarven Book of Grudges and a big ax.
An elven ranger who is terrified of buildings (not just gazebos).
Fizban from Dragonlance (essentially)
Star pact warlock who gets his power (and madness) from Cthulu-esque beings in the sky.

Fun WILL be had.

Moff Chumley
2010-07-16, 09:11 PM
They said I was MAD!

MAD!

DOES THIS SOUND LIKE THE LAUGH OF A MADMAN TO YOU!?

Have fun! :smallwink:

KenderWizard
2010-07-16, 09:19 PM
Fizban from Dragonlance (essentially)

Woohoo! Fizban kicks all kinds of ass!

Sounds like a great set of characters.

iDM
2010-08-06, 08:45 PM
Woohoo! Fizban kicks all kinds of ass!

Sounds like a great set of characters.

Yeah, but isn't he actually a god or something? Or a dragon? Can't remember, it's been years since I read the books.

IonDragon
2010-08-07, 01:15 AM
Yeah, but isn't he actually a god or something? Or a dragon? Can't remember, it's been years since I read the books.

IIRC he is an avatar of Paladine, high god of the good dragons. Either that or he is Paladine. I dunno.