PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Gestalt question

2010-07-15, 06:31 PM
Just a quick question. If I take Fighter1/Wizard19 on side A and Sorcerer 20 on side B of the gestalt, what is my BAB? Technically, I'd be getting a +1 BAB on every odd level from side A and every even level from side B. I'm sure that's not what was intended (give up one caster level for 10 points of BAB), but it seems to be way the rules work.

Yorrin
2010-07-15, 06:37 PM
I made the same mistake the first time I did gestalt.

The easy way to get it right- calculate the BAB separately for each side of the gestalt. Whichever is higher, use that. So in this case the Fighter side dictates your BAB, since it's one higher at every odd level and equal at every even level. Comes out to 10 either way.

Aroka
2010-07-15, 06:38 PM
No, you're getting +0.5 BAB every single level after 1st (where you get +1 for the fighter). That means that at 20th level, your BAB is +10.5 rounded down, or +10.

Morph Bark
2010-07-15, 06:41 PM
As Aroka said.

To expand upon it, your first level is Fighter//Sorcerer, if you then take Fighter//Cleric as your next level and continue like that, your Fort save won't increase by 1 every level. You just have a good Fort save for all your levels and a good Will save for all your levels.

With Gestalt, when it comes to saves and BAB, don't think in terms of numbers. Think in terms of good or bad (or medium) and which one you have at what levels. Then calculate as if you weren't playing Gestalt.

Snake-Aes
2010-07-15, 07:00 PM
TL;DR: Don't Stack, Overlap.