PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Dual Advancing prestige classes in gestalt.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-07-15, 06:55 PM
I really like gestalt play and I am bit concerned with the issue of dual advancement prestige classes that actually have class features apart from the double advancement (Anima mage, Eldritch Theurge/Disciple for example)

Do you think it would un-balance gestalt place if you allowed dual prestige classing but using both "slots" of gestalt progression? it may allow for early entry but either way if you wanted to se that particular combination the advancement wouldn't matter.

This also serves to help the now-what syndrom of theurgic class, sure it helps only in gestalt but its a start at least (IMO)

Fouredged Sword
2010-07-15, 07:02 PM
It would be a weak choice over other mixes. I would consider letting it happen, but to make sure that both base class progressions where full for anything the dule progression class advances, within reason. So Ultimate Magus would not have levels that advance only one side, and eldrich thurge would lose no spellcasting or eldrich blast damage.

Morph Bark
2010-07-15, 07:04 PM
Depends on if you'd also allow two PrCs at once.

But if a DM would allow this, I'd be tempted to use the Ardent/Ur-Priest/Sublime Chord-focused build that gets 9th level arcane and divine spells and 9th level powers on one side, and a full Crusader on the other side, or perhaps Duskblade to really make that Channeling ability sick. Or go with Factotum for many actions to use those spells and powers in.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-07-15, 07:04 PM
Seems reasonable.

Watchers
2010-07-15, 07:05 PM
A common ruling is to allow dual-progression prestige classes, but only if you qualify for the class entirely on one side of the Gestalt. So you could do Wizard5/Cleric5/Mystic Theurge10//Fighter20, but not Wizard10/Monk10//Cleric10/Mystic Theurge10

Dusk Eclipse
2010-07-15, 07:20 PM
well the point of my Houserule is to avoid loosing spellcasting/manifesting/binding/etc when trying to use a dual prestige class with class features.

So for example by this house rule a binder 5/Anima Mage 10//Wizard 5/ Anima Mage 10.

He would have full binder and wizard progression, the downside, when he takes the anima mage levels it is occupyng both sides of the gestalt