PDA

View Full Version : Help making Wild Ranger Effecient:

Os1ris09
2010-07-15, 08:07 PM
So right now I am making a wildshape Ranger for a friend of mine who wants to play one and wants me to help out. So right now here is what I got for the Ranger (UA wildshape variant)

Human Ranger 5/Master of Many Forms 7/Nature's Warrior 1/Warshaper 3/ Nature's Warrior 2/Master of Many Forms 2

Feats:
Flaw – Power Attack
1 – Alertness
Human – Leap Attack
Ranger – Track
3 – Combat Reflexes
6 – Fast Wildshape
9 –Frozen Wild Shape (Frostburn)
12 – Robilar's Gambit (PH2)
15 – Swift Wildshape
18 – Defensive Sweep

I was wondering if it was worth it to try and fit in the Knock-down feat line if it goes into epic and if so would you take 1 more flaw for the extra feat and trade the ranger spells for the feat as well. So the feat line would look like this

Flaw – Power Attack
Flaw - Combat Reflex's
1 – Alertness
Human – Leap Attack
Ranger – Track
3 – Combat Expertise
4 - Improved Trip
6 – Fast Wildshape
9 –Frozen Wild Shape (Frostburn)
12 – Robilar's Gambit (PH2)
15 – Swift Wildshape
18 – Defensive Sweep
21 - Knock-down

My question is there anyway to make it better at wildshaping. I dont mind the extra wild shape feat because from my understanding of MoMF you get one more time for each level you possess.

gallagher
2010-07-15, 08:08 PM
chaos shuffle, get rid of track and get knockdown?

Os1ris09
2010-07-15, 08:24 PM
chaos shuffle, get rid of track and get knockdown?

Track is a pre-req for Master of Many Forms. :smallfrown:

Rainbownaga
2010-07-15, 08:30 PM
Track is a pre-req for Master of Many Forms. :smallfrown:

Are you confusing it with alertness and endurance?

Fax Celestis
2010-07-15, 08:39 PM
I much prefer dropping wildshape and the animal companion for the PHB-II Shapeshift variant for druids and skipping all the PrC wtfery.

Currently playing a Shapeshift Champion of the Wild Ranger Razorclaw Shifter. It is amazing.

Os1ris09
2010-07-15, 09:10 PM
Are you confusing it with alertness and endurance?

Yes I was. :smallbiggrin:

I much prefer dropping wildshape and the animal companion for the PHB-II Shapeshift variant for druids and skipping all the PrC wtfery.

Currently playing a Shapeshift Champion of the Wild Ranger Razorclaw Shifter. It is amazing.

How does it work? I am not familiar with the razorclaw shifter?

Fax Celestis
2010-07-15, 09:28 PM
How does it work? I am not familiar with the razorclaw shifter?

Shapeshift is usable at-will and gets generic forms. See PHB-II, under expanded classes: Druid.

Razorclaw Shifters are from Eberron. They get claw attacks (and with Extra Shifter Trait can also get a bite, natural armor, and/or some other things). I've also got Great Rend from ECS (which gets me some extra damage when I hit with both claws), Razorclaw Elite (which lets me use my claw attacks at the end of a charge), and Shifter Instincts (which gives me an init and awareness boost based on the number of shifter feats I have).

Here's my sheet. (http://pifro.com/pro/view.php?id=5115)

Os1ris09
2010-07-15, 09:30 PM
Shapeshift is usable at-will and gets generic forms. See PHB-II, under expanded classes: Druid.

Razorclaw Shifters are from Eberron. They get claw attacks (and with Extra Shifter Trait can also get a bite, natural armor, and/or some other things). I've also got Great Rend from ECS (which gets me some extra damage when I hit with both claws), Razorclaw Elite (which lets me use my claw attacks at the end of a charge), and Shifter Instincts (which gives me an init and awareness boost based on the number of shifter feats I have).

Here's my sheet. (http://pifro.com/pro/view.php?id=5115)

Ok. One problem with that. I am in Faerun. I wasn't expecting to get an answer like yours. Now i have more knowledge though. :smallbiggrin: