PDA

View Full Version : Question on Ranged Touch Attacks

Altarus
2010-07-16, 10:15 AM
Is there any way to make regular ranged attacks which deal damage into ranged touch attacks which deal damage?

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-07-16, 10:29 AM
The easiest way is probably Fell Shot in the SRD--expend your psionic focus to turn a single ranged attack into a touch attack. I can't think of anything offhand that will turn ranged attacks into touch attacks permanently, if that's what you're asking.

dgnslyr
2010-07-16, 10:31 AM
IIRC, there's a psionic feat, Fell shot, (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicFeats.htm) that lets you make a ranged attack as a touch attack by expending your psionic focus. It's got a bunch of prerequisite feats, though, so I'm not sure if it's worth it or not.

Edit: Ninja'd

Zherog
2010-07-16, 12:19 PM
The easiest way is probably Fell Shot in the SRD--expend your psionic focus to turn a single ranged attack into a touch attack. I can't think of anything offhand that will turn ranged attacks into touch attacks permanently, if that's what you're asking.

A brilliant energy weapon would do it.

edit: OK, BR isn't quite a touch attack, since natural armor still applies to the target's AC...

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-07-16, 12:25 PM
A brilliant energy weapon would do it.

edit: OK, BR isn't quite a touch attack, since natural armor still applies to the target's AC...

That, plus I assumed he meant something that would apply to any ranged attack, since he didn't narrow it down any. Also, brilliant energy doesn't transfer to ammunition, so it's a rather expensive solution.

Zherog
2010-07-16, 12:31 PM
Also, brilliant energy doesn't transfer to ammunition, so it's a rather expensive solution.

Absolutely correct, and I thought of mentioning it (but didn't feel like editing a second time once the thought to mention it occurred to me).

Altarus
2010-07-16, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the help.

I think I'll go with talking to my DM and ask if we can modify certain spells to work with range attacks.

PId6
2010-07-16, 10:03 PM
I think I'll go with talking to my DM and ask if we can modify certain spells to work with range attacks.
The spell Find the Gap (SpC) lets you make your first ranged/melee attack each round a touch attack for 1 round/level. It's a 3rd level assassin/paladin/ranger spell.

Alternatively, just change Wraithstrike to work with ranged attacks. It's as balanced as, well, as Wraithstrike usually is.