PDA

View Full Version : The Shadow's Peace (Boshuko IC)

NM020110
2010-07-16, 07:30 PM
Please post in.

You are in a moderately sized clearing, adjacent to a stream, which is used for training purposes, about three kilometers from the local encampment. The surrounding area is heavily forested, and has a hidden bunker about four-hundred feet away. The moon hangs heavily in the sky.

Turalisj
2010-07-16, 08:19 PM
Kagetsu sat cross-legged infront of a tree, his eyes shut and a hat pull over his head. To most, it would seem that the tall, pale skinned man was sleeping. His black jacket was pulled shut, covering his white shirt. His arms were covered by the jacket, a pair of barely noticable bulges could be seen poking out of the sleeves.

EdroGrimshell
2010-07-16, 09:59 PM
Amelia walks around the clearing, her hands behind her back, tail swishing slightly and cat-like ears twitching every now and then. She just circles the clearing before leaning up against a tree. She sees one of her fellow members and gets a mischievious glint in her eye before calmly walking over "Your Kagetsu, right?"

Turalisj
2010-07-16, 10:28 PM
Kagetsu didn't speak, but pointed up towards the sun.

EdroGrimshell
2010-07-16, 10:38 PM
Kagetsu didn't speak, but pointed up towards the sun.

Amelia quirks an eyebrow, A quiet one, eh, she shrugs before sitting down next to Kagetsu and keeping quiet, playing lightly with her battle wire, manipulating it to pick up twigs, cut leaves, and other miscellaneous tasks to keep busy.

Nanoblack
2010-07-16, 11:24 PM
Dorein lounges lazily in a tree near the bunker and watches the wildlife pass him by. His dark hair is parted down the middle and is pulled into a pair of braids that end on either side of his face. He has several piercings that range from his lips to his eyebrows and a small chin scruff. His shirt is black with green trim and very form fitting except for the sleeves, which are overlong and baggy; covering his hands.

In his hand, he toys with a badly worn ANBU mask with all manner of chips and scratches across its surface; most notably a set of four long gashes running diagonally from top right to bottom left.

EdroGrimshell
2010-07-17, 05:02 PM
(OOC: Guess i'll be the ice breaker)

Amelia, gets bored with her battle wire tricks after a while and reels them in before starting to walk around, this time from tree to tree. She comes across another member, one she doesn't recognize, holding an anbu mask. "Hello," she seems a bit curious, "i don't believe we've met before."

Turalisj
2010-07-17, 06:09 PM
Kagetsu stood up suddenly, his face still concealed by the hood over his head. The nights can still be so peacefull, even with the land under the grip of the Akatsuki.... He said to the darkness, a bit of sadness in his voice. He began walking towards the bunker, with his sparse amount of things tucked away in the room he had.

NM020110
2010-07-17, 08:03 PM
I'm going to call for a spot check.

EdroGrimshell
2010-07-17, 08:10 PM
Spot: [roll0]

NM020110
2010-07-17, 09:30 PM
A nine? <jots note> You see nothing out of the ordinary.

Nanoblack
2010-07-18, 01:52 AM
Spot:[roll0]
He now wears a sly grin on his face."I don't believe we have, Amelia."

EdroGrimshell
2010-07-18, 02:11 AM
Spot:[roll0]
He now wears a sly grin on his face."I don't believe we have, Amelia."

She smiles back, "So you've heard of me. So what have you heard?" she seems genuinely interested with what your answer might be. "And may I know your name?"

Nanoblack
2010-07-18, 02:13 AM
"That you're quite good with battlewires."

EdroGrimshell
2010-07-18, 02:28 AM
"That you're quite good with battlewires."

"I'm only a beginner with battle wire, i'm more of a field medic. I'm surprised it was actually the battle wire that you heard of, most of my jutsu are medical ninjutsu, so most hear of me as one of the top medics in the Boshuko."

Nanoblack
2010-07-18, 02:30 AM
"Most of what buzzes by my ears are from whispers of battle. Not much else garners much attention."

EdroGrimshell
2010-07-18, 02:37 AM
She shrugs, "well i can understand that, by the looks of it you were an anbu, they pretty much live a life of war and battle." she pauses, "i don't have an interest in war, i prefer not to kill, i capture or heal, most don't understand it, but i don't understand why we must kill. I view things differently from you humans." she looks forward, a far away look on her face before she seems to come back to, and decides to change the subject "So what village were you from?"

Nanoblack
2010-07-18, 02:47 AM
His smile shifts to something a bit more feral when you suggest he must've been ANBU."Oh no, this mask isn't mine."

He stands and flicks his arm forward so that it exposes his arm just past the wrist. He has thin tribal tattoos running over what exposed skin you can see but what strikes you as slightly more odd are his long, sharp nails which he has painted black. Tied diagonally across the back of his hand, running between his thumb and forefinger, is a Leaf Village forehead protector with three slashes running across it identical to the ANBU mask.

He offers you his hand."My name is Dorein. Leaf Village originally."

EdroGrimshell
2010-07-18, 02:55 AM
His smile shifts to something a bit more feral when you suggest he must've been ANBU."Oh no, this mask isn't mine."

He stands and flicks his arm forward so that it exposes his arm just past the wrist. He has thin tribal tattoos running over what exposed shin you can see but what strikes you as slightly more odd are is long, sharp nails which he has painted black. Tied diagonally across the back of his hand, running between his thumb and forefinger, is a Leaf Village forehead protector with three slashes running across it identical to the ANBU mask.

He offers you his hand."My name is Dorein. Leaf Village originally."

"Amelia Blackmore, Nekomata of the Leaf Village." she shakes his hand, "It also seems we have something in common," she holds up her clawed hand, "Sharp nails" she laughs light-heartedly.

Nanoblack
2010-07-18, 03:34 AM
He smiles at your joke then when the handshake is over he gestures to the strange man now walking towards us. "Powerful Shinmei Ryu Style practitioner. Be glad he's on our team."

Turalisj
2010-07-18, 03:40 AM
Kagetsu stopped at the sound of talking. No one was supposed to be outside at the moment. Could that neko be talking to herself? Narrowing his eyes, he decided to investigate. He focused the chakra into his feet and climbed a tree near enough to the voices that he wouldn't be overheard. His handle slowly reached for a kunai, ready for anything.

ooc:
Using kinobori, converting the chakra to stamina damage with taking 10 on the chakra control check.
Hide Roll: [roll0]
Move Silent Roll: [roll1]

EdroGrimshell
2010-07-18, 10:08 AM
He smiles at your joke then when the handshake is over he gestures to the strange man now walking towards us. "Powerful Shinmei Ryu Style practitioner. Be glad he's on our team."

"I can believe it," she reeplies, "It's always the quiet ones that get ya."

Listen: [roll0]

Her ear twitches as she hears something (OOC: I succeeded on the listen check over his move silently check, so i assume i hear him) and she looks down the tree, "I can hear you, so come on out already."

Turalisj
2010-07-18, 09:28 PM
Damn Neko.... Kagetsu growled, stepping around the tree and coming into view, though remaining horizontal on the tree. He had snapped off several twigs about six inches each in length, holding them like they were kunai.

Oh, it's you. How's it been bug boy? Still carrying momentos of the past? The leaf has burned, the sand has been lost to time, and the mist has been devoured by that which protects it. Only the night still remains, and even then it must hide from the rainbow. The past cannot be changed, only the future. Having said that rather odd statement, Kagetsu walked to the ground and headed back towards the clearing, ignoring any verbal replies.

EdroGrimshell
2010-07-18, 09:42 PM
Damn Neko.... Kagetsu growled, stepping around the tree and coming into view, though remaining horizontal on the tree. He had snapped off several twigs about six inches each in length, holding them like they were kunai.

Oh, it's you. How's it been bug boy? Still carrying momentos of the past? The leaf has burned, the sand has been lost to time, and the mist has been devoured by that which protects it. Only the night still remains, and even then it must hide from the rainbow. The past cannot be changed, only the future. Having said that rather odd statement, Kagetsu walked to the ground and headed back towards the clearing, ignoring any verbal replies.

Amelia raises en eyebrow, "bug boy?" she whispers, barely loud enough to hear.

Nanoblack
2010-07-18, 10:22 PM
"Allow me to elaborate. Dorein Aburame." He bows slightly and smiles once more. "My clan may be famous for their judicious use of insects but the truly lethal techniques are the ones that are kept secret." He corrects his posture. "Now, what are we supposed to be doing out here?"

Turalisj
2010-07-18, 10:39 PM
Kagetsu stopped at the clearing, closing his eyes and focusing his mind. He reached out with his right hand, and with a snap hiss, a dark purple plade of pure chakra formed from his fingertips. Focusing his chakra, he let the energy in his blade surge. A momentary lightning bolt came down from the sky, but dissipated before reaching his sword.

Need to focus more... He said to himself, a small bead of sweat dripping from his brow.

ooc: Going to learn 1st mastery of Reimeikan.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

NM020110
2010-07-18, 10:44 PM
No-one made that spot check, but Edro has successfully passed the listen check.

For EdroGrimShell
You hear a pair of sandals hit a tree limb some twenty feet above you, and then the faint scratch of a pen on coarse paper.

Turalisj
2010-07-18, 10:58 PM
ooc: Sorry, didn't know you wanted rolls

[roll1d20+1[/roll] Listen
[roll0] Spot

EdroGrimshell
2010-07-18, 11:02 PM
Amelia's left ear twitches slightly, she whispers to Dorein "someone above us, about twenty feet up." she refrains from looking up. She jumps down and walks over to Kagetsu, "Hello," she says softly, but cheerily, "It looks like there's a fourth member to the party." as she finished she gave a more feral grin and her pupils turned to slits.

Nanoblack
2010-07-19, 12:02 AM
"I know." He yawns lazily as he attaches the maimed ANBU mask to his face and looks in the direction of the newcomer.

DM:I forgot to mention earlier that my kikaichuu give me blind sense out to 25 ft. Also using hive mother to sense chakra.

EdroGrimshell
2010-07-19, 12:10 AM
DM:For future reference, I always have my chakra suppressed.

NM020110
2010-07-19, 09:42 AM
Nanoblack
You sense a faint chakra signature above you. When you look up, you see a man with an akatsuki robe writing in a notebook. When he sees you looking up, he quickly scratches something out.

Nanoblack
2010-07-19, 04:52 PM
He tilts his head at the man in an amused manner, facial expression hidden by his mask. He jumps backwards off of the tree to the ground. During the fall he whirls his sleeve towards the robed man, firing a black, cannonball sized wad of insects.

Destruction Blast(Ranged Touch):[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]+1 chakra
Jump check:[roll2]

When he lands he calls out,"You shouldn't have come here Akatsuki scum."

NM020110
2010-07-19, 05:47 PM
The akatsuki initiate uses half seals for a kawarimi technique.
Perform check: (spent one chakra for an extra +5) [roll0] If that beats the attack roll, the attack is evaded.

Edit: The attack hits, draining eleven chakra. I'm not sure you had time to whirl around, launch the kikaichu, and land on your feat, though...

It seems that we're doing party initiative, so anyone else that wants to have at the initiate may post in.

Nanoblack
2010-07-19, 05:55 PM
The cloaked figure was too slow to dodge the attack. The ball of insects smashes into him, biting, clawing, and stinging, before dispersing. "You'll have to try harder than that." He laughs.

Turalisj
2010-07-19, 05:55 PM
Kagetsu remained focused on his training. Over the course of the next four hours, more lightning could be seen crashing down into the clearing.

Ooc- Will be in training mode for the next four hours.

Nanoblack
2010-07-19, 05:59 PM
OOC: Well the jump was my move and the kikaichuu was my attack and the whirling was to look cool... sorry if I over-embellish :smallbiggrin:
Initiative:[roll0]

EDIT: also the attack did ten slashing damage and one chakra damage... sorry for the misunderstanding.

NM020110
2010-07-19, 06:20 PM
Thank you for the clarification. I'll give it back the ten chakra points. Is anyone else joining the combat?

Initiative: [roll0]

As for the fluff; I didn't actually count that. The problem is that you went from a sitting position to airborne and tried to land on your feet. According to the table on page 82, you went one foot into the air, which would put your center of gravity way off. As a fluff addition, you stumble (no actual effect) on landing.

Edit: Thanks to Nanoblack's very helpful clarification, the above paragraph is now null, irrelevant, and unnecessary.

EdroGrimshell
2010-07-19, 07:06 PM
Is anyone else joining the combat?

Amelia gives a feral grin before entering her favorite stance and giving a simple flick of her wrists to get her attack going.

Initiative: [roll0]

Entering Kousen Ryu Stance (Move Action, 2 Chakra)
Attacking with Battle Wire
Attack Roll: [roll1]
Critical Confirmation: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Edit: WOOHOO Critical hit

NM020110
2010-07-19, 08:58 PM
No confirmation, there.
Also, everyone but Turalisj gets to make a will save.

Nanoblack
2010-07-19, 09:04 PM
Will: [roll0]

NM020110
2010-07-19, 09:15 PM
DC 25, sorry. You see the initiate dissipate into a swarm of cherry blossoms.
Edit: Initiative order is Nanoblack, initiate, EdroGrimShell.

EdroGrimshell
2010-07-19, 10:56 PM
Will: [roll0]

Nanoblack
2010-07-20, 04:44 PM
Attack Action: Underground Displacement Technique
Move action: Burrow 10ft down then 20ft towards where I last saw the Akatsuki agent, always staying at least 5ft from the surface.

OOC: Does the blindsense I get from my kikaichuu work through the ground? I mean can I detect anyone on the surface from down here?

Dorein dives into the ground, leaving a small tunnel behind.

NM020110
2010-07-20, 09:54 PM
Edrogrimshell
You failed the save. Before you can attack, the initiate dissipates into a swarm of cherry blossoms. You may attack the general area, if you wish.

Nanoblack
Yes, but your opponent would probably get a nigh impossible spot check to see the insects. After moving, all you see above you are the cherry blossoms and the tree, however.

The initiate's actions are hidden.

It is Edrogrimshell's turn.

EdroGrimshell
2010-07-20, 11:06 PM
Quickly switching tactics, Amelia uses Kawa no Yoroi (Skin Armor) to increase her defenses in case of a sneak attack then draws her ninja-to. She keeps an ear open for her opponent.

Attack Action: Using Kawa no Yoroi (+1 AC for 9 minutes for three chakra)
Move Action: Draw Ninja-to (shieldblade seal grants +2 to AC)

EdroGrimshell
2010-07-20, 11:10 PM
Forgot you can't edit in rolls
Listen: [roll0]

NM020110
2010-07-20, 11:14 PM
Edrogrimshell
You take your defensive precautions, and stop for a moment to listen. You hear the creak-and-snap of a branch being jumped off of, though you can't determine the direction

EdroGrimshell
2010-07-20, 11:16 PM
Amelia calls out to Dorein "He's still here."

(Talking is a free action)

Nanoblack
2010-07-20, 11:22 PM
DM:He sends four of his kikaichuu (including his hive mother) out after the Initiates chakra signature. If the queen makes contact its going to hide on him.

You see a mass of insects spill out of the ground and take flight in the direction of the intruder.

NM020110
2010-07-20, 11:33 PM
Nanoblack
Unless the speed on those is more than 40 feet, the insects don't reach it before it runs away.

EdroGrimshell
2010-07-20, 11:43 PM
DM
A kikaichuu has a fly speed of 50ft

NM020110
2010-07-20, 11:47 PM
Thank you for that. The kikaichuu easily catch up and hide on the initiate, who then flees (using a full round action to run away 160 feet).

Nanoblack
2010-07-21, 12:39 AM
Actually the swarm I released had a fly speed of 35ft (speed drops by 5 for every kikaochuu in a swarm) but the hive mother has a fly speed of 60ft and thats all that is important.
Perform:[roll0]

Dorein pulls himself from the ground and dusts himself off. Once his swarms return to him he shouts,"Mushi Rouka no Jutsu!"

This allows him to know which direction his hive mother is. Now hes going to use his tracking skills along with the scent ability of his kikaichuu to pursue the intruder.
Survival:[roll1]

Then he takes off in the direction of the intruder.

EdroGrimshell
2010-07-21, 12:53 AM
Amelia follows close behind Dorein, keeping quiet and hidden.

Hide: [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]

Nanoblack
2010-07-21, 01:28 AM
While running he reaches into his belt and tears a page from his bingo book, scribbles something onto it, and slips it into his so far unused backback. A moment later it erupts in a puff of smoke as a black and white wasp the size of a human soars back towards the clearing they just came from.

Eventually it buzzes in the air above Kagetsu and drops a note with the words:"Akatsuki attack... follow the wasp" scrawled on its surface. Once you are done reading it pauses to get you attention before taking off again in the direction it came from, making sure to slow down so you can keep up.

Turalisj
2010-07-21, 10:40 AM
Kagetsu looked at the wasp, a bead of sweat dripping down his neck. As the thing approached, it was nearly caught by a stray lightning bolt. Akatsuki attack... I hope they atleast alerted the guards in the bunker... No, knowing those two idiots they'll just chase after it. Kagetsu sighed, wiping his face with a towel before running to the bunker.

ooc: Moving at full-run to the bunker to alert the guards about a possible akatsuki attack. Kagetsu moves at 140ft a round at full run.

NM020110
2010-07-21, 01:44 PM
You start running towards the bunker.

Nanoblack and Edrogrimshell follow the initiate.

After three rounds (when Turalisj reaches the bunker and alerts the guards), the initiate drops down from the trees and meets two other initiates. One of them takes the book and makes some quick hand seals, causing duplicates to appear in the hands of the other two. The third is keeping watch, but does not see you.

EdroGrimshell
2010-07-21, 01:59 PM
You start running towards the bunker.

Nanoblack and Edrogrimshell follow the initiate.

After three rounds (when Turalisj reaches the bunker and alerts the guards), the initiate drops down from the trees and meets two other initiates. One of them takes the book and makes some quick hand seals, causing duplicates to appear in the hands of the other two. The third is keeping watch, but does not see you.

(How far are they from us? If able, i'll sneak up on the guard and sneak attack with my ninja-to)

Attack: [roll2]
Critical Confirmation: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]
Sneak Attack: [roll5]

Turalisj
2010-07-21, 02:11 PM
Kagetsu pointed in the direction the wasp wanted him to follow. Agents Amelia and Dorein are following an Akatsuki agent. There is a possibility of more agents with them. I am advising that we lock down the bunker until the situation is resolved. I am also going to go and provide backup for the two.

Having said what he needed, Kagetsu began to follow the wasp to the group, taking care to be as quiet as possible.

[roll0] Move Silent check

NM020110
2010-07-22, 08:14 PM
You are fifty feet away from where the initiate stopped.

EdroGrimshell
2010-07-22, 09:58 PM
You are fifty feet away from where the initiate stopped.

(Alright then, previous strategy won't work)

Amelia looks to Dorein and indicates that she's going for the one on watch. She sneaks over as quietly as possible, then releases her battle wire in preparation for one of her few nonmedical jutsu.

Move Action: Move to 20ft from lookout
Move Action: Enter Kousen Ryu stance (2 Chakra)
Preparing to use Kousen Shibari no Jutsu (Iron Wire Bind Technique)

Nanoblack
2010-07-22, 10:13 PM
Dorein attempts to sneak up as well.
Hide:[roll0]
Move Silently:[roll1]

(They're on the ground correct?)

NM020110
2010-08-02, 10:50 PM
Spot: [roll0]
listen: [roll1]

Sentry: "We have visitors."
Initiate 2: "Go, then. I'll deal with them."
Initiate 1: "Kuzengi-sama told us not to fight them. I do not think that you wish to incur her wrath."

<This conversation has used up Akatsuki's turn. It is now your turn.>

OOC: Sorry for the delay, I was trying to work out the stat-sheets and personalities for these people.

EdroGrimshell
2010-08-03, 08:31 AM
OOC: Quite alright

Amelia uses one of her few none medical ninjutsu, aiming to capture instead of kill, "Kousen Shibari no Jutsu"

"Aim to capture, not kill." She calls out for Dorein to hear.

Full-Round Action: Using Kousen Shibari no Jutsu
Ranged Touch Attack: [roll0]
DC 30 Escape Artist or DC 25 Strength Attempt to Escape

Nanoblack
2010-08-03, 09:47 AM
His masked gaze turns toward you. "We only have to let one live... Dochuu Engyou no Jutsu!" He disappears into the ground.

He's burrowing toward the one with the book (Using his blindsense as a guide), maintaining a 5ft distance from the surface at all times.