PDA

View Full Version : amorphous wizardry

meolmir1
2010-07-16, 08:56 PM
Hello all I'm playing a 11th lvl wizard in the krynn setting and was recently exposed to a strange disease the party wasn't familiar with. a few days after said exposure i was killed horribly by genetically modified trolls (can meld into stone) they killed me in the suprise round. after the battle my party put my remains in a bucket 4 days later my remains turn into a strange liquid & morph into my original body and revive me in the process:smallconfused: my GM then tells me I was revived without my memory and now have the amorphous template (not to mention a +4 level adjustment:smallannoyed:) so any clue what just happened and does any1 have the actual template Im having trouble finding it

thanx for your help

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-07-16, 09:01 PM
The Amorphous Template can be found in Savage Species. I would talk with your DM about switching characters, as eating the +4 LA is generally murder for just about anyone. From what I recall, the benefits of the template are mediocre to hindering for a wizard.

sreservoir
2010-07-16, 09:01 PM
your dm is being annoying. get out of the game.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-07-16, 09:09 PM
I don't know about an amorphous template, the one that I know about and it is similar is the Gelatineous template in Savage Species, and it is unplayabe because: a) It sets Int to 1 and b) it doesn't even have LA, in fact it has the following

Level Adjustment:Gelatinous Creature lack the inteligence to be playable characters, so they have no level adjustment

Snake-Aes
2010-07-16, 09:11 PM
your dm is being annoying. get out of the game.

No reaction better than overreaction, huh?

Ask the dm off character if he has a reason for it. Maybe he has a quest idea. Having you eat a +4 la "just because" is dickish, but if you can work your way back into humanoid you should be fine.

Fouredged Sword
2010-07-16, 09:14 PM
Sounds like your DM is being funny. Sit down with your DM and look at the template. talk about what you are giving up EXP and RP wise for the benifits and what you get out of it. Then see if you can come to a fair means of dealing with the random template. Your DM sounds like a of the beaten path kinda DM so he should roll with the punches rather than stick you with a +4 LA that doesn't help you.

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-07-16, 09:15 PM
My Google-Fu has failed to find an Amorphous template, so it might be a 3rd party/homebrewed thing. In that case, see previous comments about discussing things with your DM.

Kylarra
2010-07-16, 09:17 PM
My google-fu tells me there's one in a "Book of Templates Deluxe Edition", but that's obviously third party, so not much help. :smalltongue: