PDA

View Full Version : Hell knight?

Glyphic
2010-07-16, 11:12 PM
A long while back, I remember there being a "hell knight" in the home brew section. It was a 3.5 warrior esque class with full bab, some Charisma riders, and "Dark blessings". Anyone have a link? My google foo is failing me.

Ernir
2010-07-16, 11:21 PM
No idea on homebrew, but the Hellreaver class in the Fiendish Codex II more or less fits your description.

Try asking in the homebrew forum for homebrew solutions.

Thurbane
2010-07-16, 11:38 PM
This one? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60144)...

Glyphic
2010-07-17, 12:01 AM
It was a base class. Sorry :(

Dhavaer
2010-07-17, 07:43 AM
You're likely thinking of the one I created, which I'm pretty sure was deleted the last time old threads were purged. I'll see if I still have it somewhere.

Edit: Found it, but I'm not sure if this is the newest version.

Hellknight
Alignment: Any non-good.
Hit Die: d8
Class Skills: Bluff, Climb, Craft, Disguise, Intimidate, Jump
Skill Points/level: 2+Int
BAB: Good
Saves: Good Fort and Will, Poor Ref
Weapons and Armour: Hellknights are proficient with all simple and martial weapons, all kinds of armour and with shields, except tower shields.

Dark Blessings: At level 1 the Hellknight receives a Dark Blessing. She receives an additional Blessing at fifth level, and every fifth level thereafter.
The Blessings are permanent, supernatural abilities, most of which improve the Hellknight’s combat ability. The Blessings have a strength, which is 1 at first level, 2 at fourth level, and increases by 1 every fourth level thereafter.
The Blessings are chosen from the following list.
Fiendish Resiliance: The Hellknight gains damage reduction equal to twice the Blessing strength/Good.
Fiendish Restoration: The Hellknight gains Fast Healing equal to her Blessing strength. This ability cannot heal her over half her maximum hit points (round up).
Fiendish Sight: The Hellknight ignores the effects of darkness up to 10 feet x her Blessing strength. This includes magical darkness. This ability does not impede the Hellknight’s ability to see colour.
Fiendish Senses: The Hellknight gains her Blessing strength as a bonus to Initiative, Spot and Listen checks.
Fiendish Speed. The Hellknight adds her Blessing strength x 5 feet to her speed. This is an enhancement bonus.
Fiendish Might: The Hellknight adds twice her Blessing strength as a Profane bonus to melee damage rolls.
Fiendish Resistance: The Hellknight gains energy resistance against two types of energy (chosen from fire, cold, electricity and acid) equal to twice her Blessing strength. This Blessing can be taken more than once, applying to the energy types not chosen last time.
Dark Grace: The Hellknight adds her Blessing strength as a profane bonus to all saving throws.

Hellscream: At second level, the Hellknight gains the ability to emit a terrifying shriek empowered by dark forces. Every creature except evil outsiders within 30 feet of the Hellknight must make a Will save (DC = 10 + Half Hellknight level + Cha mod) or be shaken for the duration of the encounter. This ability may be used as a free action. Before using this ability again, the Hellknight must slay creatures with total hit dice 5x her level.

Mettle: At seventh level, the Hellknight becomes tougher and more able to resist attacks on her body and mind. When she is affected by an effect that allows a Fortitude or Will saving throw for a reduced effect, a successful saving throw entirely negates the effect.

Improved Mettle: At eleventh level, the Hellknight’s durability increases further. When she fails a saving throw against an effect that allows a Fortitude or Will saving throw for a reduced effect, a failed saving throw results in the reduced effect.

Dark Transformation: At twentieth level, the Hellknight’s soul is taken by fiends. She becomes an Outsider with the [Evil] subtype, although this may not reflect her alignment. Any weapon she wields counts as evil for the purposes of penetrating damage reduction. She ceases to age; her outer appearance remains the same, her abilities are unaffected, and she does not die when her time is up. However, if killed, she can only be resurrected if a Wish or Miracle is first used to retrieve her soul. Even spells of this magnitude have a 50% chance of failing.
It is possible for the Hellknight or others to descend into the Lower Planes to retrieve her soul. This allows her to be normally resurrected, but the first time she returns to life, her soul is stolen once again.

true_shinken
2010-07-17, 08:13 AM
Dark Transformation: At twentieth level, the Hellknight’s soul is taken by fiends. She becomes an Outsider with the [Evil] subtype, although this may not reflect her alignment. Any weapon she wields counts as evil for the purposes of penetrating damage reduction. She ceases to age; her outer appearance remains the same, her abilities are unaffected, and she does not die when her time is up. However, if killed, she can only be resurrected if a Wish or Miracle is first used to retrieve her soul. Even spells of this magnitude have a 50% chance of failing.
It is possible for the Hellknight or others to descend into the Lower Planes to retrieve her soul. This allows her to be normally resurrected, but the first time she returns to life, her soul is stolen once again.
Congratulations, you just made the worst capstone ever.
It is even worse than the Monk's.