PDA

View Full Version : A multiclass warlord/ranger and the Martial Readiness feat (DnD v.4)

realbombchu
2010-07-17, 10:58 AM
Can a multiclass warlord with the Warrior of the Wild feat and the Martial Readiness feat use Martial Readiness to swap out a warlord at-will for a ranger at-will? For example, could I use the feat to trade Risky Shot for Throw and Stab? The feat says "from your class," but with Warrior of the Wild, my PC is a ranger too.

Kurald Galain
2010-07-17, 11:46 AM
No, because multiclassing lets you count as a second class for the purpose of meeting prerequisites, and not for the purpose of power selection. If you level up and gain a new power "from your class", you can't pick this power from a multiclass, for the same reason.

LibraryOgre
2010-07-17, 11:57 AM
Can a multiclass warlord with the Warrior of the Wild feat and the Martial Readiness feat use Martial Readiness to swap out a warlord at-will for a ranger at-will? For example, could I use the feat to trade Risky Shot for Throw and Stab? The feat says "from your class," but with Warrior of the Wild, my PC is a ranger too.

Oooh. RAW, probably, but RAI, probably not.

I might let it fly; it's just an at-will.

realbombchu
2010-07-17, 01:49 PM
Okay, thanks for the input you two.