PDA

View Full Version : Meetup Dutch Meetup V+: Son of the Dutch Meetup Strikes Again (Date and Place Set)

Tiger Duck
2010-07-17, 03:05 PM
And hopefully strike true this time.

It's time for another Dutch Meetup! Hopefully this will be the fifth Giant in the Playground meetup held in this fine Dutch speaking region.

As always, the meetup will be an afternoon and evening of playgroundy fun, and people can sleep over for a morning of even more playgroundy fun.

We haven't picked a date yet, but it'll hopefully be sometime this summer. So if you plan on coming, just post in the thread when you'll be available.
At the moment the locations seems to be MrEdwardNigmas place in Antwerp. But it isn't yet set in stone.

I'll notify the peoples that have posted in previous treads and have been online in the last month or so.
Earlier meetup threads:
Dutch Meetup 1
Dutch Meetup 2: Return of the Dutch Meetup
Dutch Meetup 3: Revenge of the Dutch Meetup
Dutch Meetup 4: Bride of the Dutch Meetup
Dutch Meetup V: Son of the Dutch Meetup

Edit:

And Now Both the Place and the time is agreed on.
It will take place at Mister Dallas-Dakota his place near the train station "Dordrecht Stadspolderson" on the weekend of 11 and 12 September.

The peoples planning to attend are so far:
Dallas-Dakota (duh)
Me
YPU
Eadin
Zweanslord
Form
InaVegt
MrEdwardNigma

Very Potentially Possibly Coming (Definitely Thinking About It)
CurlyKitGirl
Thufir
Lillith

Have expressed interest.
Iferus
Yardo
Maelstrom
JoseB
Ashtar

Eadin
2010-07-17, 03:12 PM
Wooo! yay for Captain Happy!

Lillith
2010-07-17, 03:24 PM
Well I'm interested, but I'm going on vacation in less then 12 hours so I'll be away for 34 days. :smalltongue: After that I'm still interested. =P

Superglucose
2010-07-17, 03:26 PM
Lillith if you end up in CA let me know. I hate to tear you from alone time with your BF but I'd like to at least meet you.

Lillith
2010-07-17, 03:29 PM
I got your pm address and access to internet, so if I manage to get there I'll let you know! :smallwink:

Tiger Duck
2010-07-17, 03:32 PM
I've contacted these peoples with a link to this tread. If you know someone whom would enjoy coming but that I forgot to message please point them to the direction of this tread. Thank you

Lord Herman;MrEdwardNigma;Dallas-Dakota;InaVegt;Zweanslord
Tamis;Thes Hunter;Yardo;BigBadBugbear;Iferus
Maelstrom;Lillith;Lubirio;Sedracus;Ichneumon
Pepz;YPU;JoseB;Redpieper;Z-dan

Superglucose
2010-07-17, 03:49 PM
I got your pm address and access to internet, so if I manage to get there I'll let you know! :smallwink:
Sweet! I'll just cross my fingers and hope then :smallwink:

Zweanslord
2010-07-17, 03:53 PM
Definitely still interested over here! Not much plans with vacation anyway, though not available in some weekends.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-07-17, 04:07 PM
Defintely interested. Just busy with stuffs at the moment.

Probably free maybe, in weekends. Except the first weekend of august.
And probably from mid august I'l not be available much.

YPU doesn't really visit the forums anymore, but if we have a likely date and location, I can give him a call.

Tiger Duck
2010-07-18, 05:25 AM
So how does everybody, that feels like attending, about early/mid September?

Eadin
2010-07-18, 05:39 AM
I'd go for mid-september, when my exams are over
Also, I'll have my own little place in Antwerp by then :smallbiggrin:

Deth Muncher
2010-07-18, 02:43 PM
Sooo who wants to pay for me to come? And give me a tiny patch of ground to sleep on? Because I've been wanting to go over thar-abouts for about a year and a half.

YPU
2010-07-18, 05:16 PM
YPU doesn't really visit the forums anymore, but if we have a likely date and location, I can give him a call.

I do :smallyuk:,
...But I seem to be turning into a lurker, Oh gods help me! :smalleek:

Dallas-Dakota
2010-07-18, 05:29 PM
Quick, strap him to the computer-table and bring him some coffee, ductape and a bounce-and-postinator!

YPU
2010-07-18, 05:37 PM
Quick, strap him to the computer-table and bring him some coffee, ductape and a bounce-and-postinator!

I get the postinator part, but what part of me should start bouncing from it? I'm confused.

also, you are making a point of going to as many GITP meetups as you can aren't you? And trying to meet Random GITP'ers where you can as well.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-07-18, 05:52 PM
I find the bouncing part helps in making happier posts and browsing quicker between subfora.:smallcool:

Also, yes, and yes.:smalltongue:

If it's in Antwerpen though, I'm not sure if I'l have money to go because most, if not all of my remaining money will probably go to Castlefest.

Also with both you, Edward and me going to Castlefest, we could have a mini-meet there? I'l probably be hanging out with people mainly, but I'm sure I can find some time. A.K.A. Abandon them for a bit, unless they have mead. Whoever has the most mead will get me.:smalltongue:

MrEdwardNigma
2010-07-18, 10:52 PM
I don't think I'm going to Castlefest, actually. I mean, I might. But I don't think i will.

Also, interested in meet-up.

Deth Muncher
2010-07-18, 10:58 PM
>_>
<_<
I reiterate my offer, with the addition that whoever pays for me and lets me sleep on their floor also will be cooked for for however long the meetup is.
But you people will probably never pay for me. T_T

Eadin
2010-07-20, 05:07 AM
>_>
<_<
I reiterate my offer, with the addition that whoever pays for me and lets me sleep on their floor also will be cooked for for however long the meetup is.
But you people will probably never pay for me. T_T
We first have to decide where to have the meet-up...
Edward suggested his place in the previous thread, but there may be other places...
Also, if it's in september, one or two peeps can stay over in my tiny place...
Which is in antwerp too

Tiger Duck
2010-07-20, 05:59 AM
If it's in the Netherlands I definitely want to sleep over somewhere

and if it's in Antwerp I only prefer to sleep over,
Or else I have to leave around 8 to start my trip home.

Eadin
2010-07-20, 06:06 AM
If it's in the Netherlands I definitely want to sleep over somewhere

same here...
are there any possible locations in the netherlands?

Ashtar
2010-07-20, 06:09 AM
I'd be interested to come over to another meetup if you don't mind having an English speaker around. ^^

I just checked and there's no flights from Zurich to Antwerp airport, and it seems the flights from Antwerp only go to London or Manchester. :/ So I'd have to fly into Brussels and then take the train (~40 minutes says internet).

It could be feasible, if I booked in the next few days before the prices go up. Also I'd need accommodation (either fri -> sun or sat -> sun depending on when I fly) unless I book a hotel with the flight.

Of course, I'd bring swiss chocolates with me to sweeten the deal :)

All in all, it depends on people being able to set down and date and stay fixed on it quickly (eg. Sept 11-12, or something).

Tiger Duck
2010-07-20, 06:32 AM
I too was thinking of the weekend of September 11 -12

And I could accompany you from Brussels to Antwerp ^^

Eadin
2010-07-20, 06:32 AM
Like I said before, if it's in september and antwerp I have a couch an some room on the floor (if you don't mind sleeping in a girl's room.)Plus I think Edward has some room for sleeping over...
Also, 11-12 september sounds good !

YPU
2010-07-20, 07:22 AM
I have to double check, but that sounds good to me as well. I would also need to sleep over, as it probably takes a bit to long to travel back and forth in one day.

If people prefer to have it in the Netherlands then perhaps my place is an option again. The first 2 were at my place and those were a success, well aside from to few people showing up. We have enough space to accommodate a few people, tough I would need to know in advance.

Eadin
2010-07-20, 07:39 AM
I wouldn't mind going to the netherlands , but I still prefer Belgium

YPU
2010-07-20, 07:41 AM
I would like to go to a meet-up rather then have it come to me, mix it up a bit.:smallbiggrin:
But just saying its an option.

Rawhide
2010-07-20, 07:51 AM
*sigh* All these meetups just remind me of how impossible it is for me to attend any of them. Yes, if it was possible for me to attend a US, UK or other meetup where we would be talking in English, I'd be there in a heartbeat.

*goes back to working on the improvements*

YPU
2010-07-20, 07:55 AM
*sigh* All these meetups just remind me of how impossible it is for me to attend any of them. Yes, if it was possible for me to attend a US, UK or other meetup where we would be talking in English, I'd be there in a heartbeat.

I'm trying to think of a nice and cheerful response to this, but I honestly cant.
So I suggest the Import a Moderator Now Charity Fund. IaMNCF for short, should you be able to pronounce that.

If you can, you should probably contact a doctor. mediately.

Eadin
2010-07-20, 08:38 AM

I think none of us would mind talking in english...
And it would be totaly awesome if you'd come to our meet-up !
I'll make you a special Rawhide-Cake !

KuReshtin
2010-07-20, 08:49 AM

Skype it up with the meetup. The Troglanders have claimed participation at the UK meetup the other week through a video link through Skype.
you could do the same.

And you'll always be welcome to the UK meetups. We are never unreasonable when it comes to participation and accomodation.

Eadin
2010-07-20, 08:51 AM
skype is not a bad idea...

YPU
2010-07-20, 09:00 AM
skype is not a bad idea...

I agree, tough a decent web-cam might be needed as well.

Eadin
2010-07-20, 09:07 AM
I agree, tough a decent web-cam might be needed as well.

My laptop has a decent one..

Tiger Duck
2010-07-20, 10:23 AM

I think none of us would mind talking in english...
And it would be totaly awesome if you'd come to our meet-up !
I'll make you a special Rawhide-Cake !

I know I wouldn't mind talking English, in fact in some way I would rather than talking Dutch. Then at least I have a good excuse to stumble over my words.

A visit from Mister Rawhide would give our meetup so much more Class.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-07-20, 11:26 AM
The connection was really terrible though.:smallsigh:

KuReshtin
2010-07-20, 11:32 AM
The connection was really terrible though.:smallsigh:

That wasn't our fault, though. I'll blame the Troglanders.
or more likely the pub we were at for having a crap wi-fi connection in the function room.
:smallbiggrin:

Eadin
2010-07-20, 11:44 AM
A visit from Mister Rawhide would give our meetup so much more Class.

Agreed...:smallbiggrin:
But yeah, my laptop has a good webcam so we could certainly try skype...

Tiger Duck
2010-07-20, 01:27 PM
Maybe we should start a "Get-a-Mister-Rawhide-attend-our-meetup"-fund

How much is a ticked Australia and back these days?

Eadin
2010-07-20, 02:22 PM
Accomodation won't be a problem
The ticket, however, will be quite expensive for just the meet-up...
I looked it up, it would take at least 2000 euro's for him to come to brussels airport...

Tiger Duck
2010-07-20, 03:03 PM
That is pretty steep :smallfrown:

and unlikely to be raised in time. I thought it wouldn't be a quarter of that.

Eadin
2010-07-20, 03:23 PM
That is pretty steep :smallfrown:

and unlikely to be raised in time. I thought it wouldn't be a quarter of that.

it would mean that each of us would have to give 200..

I don't think anyone can afford that:smallfrown:
I'll check again, just to be sure...
EDIT: I've found something cheaper, which is still 1000 ...

Tiger Duck
2010-07-20, 03:37 PM
I know I can't. Or rather not prepared to spend that just to say hi and play some games with the admittedly awesome Rawhide.

But maybe having our very own Rawhide present might make more peoples come to this meetup.

Eadin
2010-07-20, 03:56 PM
I know I can't. Or rather not prepared to spend that just to say hi and play some games with the admittedly awesome Rawhide.

But maybe having our very own Rawhide present might make more peoples come to this meetup.

Maybe it's best to use skype...

Ashtar
2010-07-21, 05:39 AM
Also it would mean Rawhide would travel like about 20+ hours each way (in case of a direct flight) or more like 24+ hours. Best to do it when he's in Europe for any reason.

A friend of mine participated in a family gathering by having a laptop on the dinner table so that she could see the family using skype, so it is possible. Just make sure there's a good speaker / microphone combo otherwise it makes it very hard to hear what is happening.

So let's look at planning the meeting:

Date: 11-12 Sept?
List of people attending:

Eadin
2010-07-21, 05:44 AM
So let's look at planning the meeting:

The date's fine by me
But we better ask Edward if his place is still available

Rawhide
2010-07-21, 07:40 AM
Oh wow. I certainly didn't expect that. Maybe a little sympathy was all I was hoping for, but you've gone so far that you've even investigated flights! :smalleek:

Yes, the cost of flights is the main prohibitive factor preventing me from attending one of these meet ups, as you can see from your research it is not entirely inexpensive. For anyone thinking of visiting Australia or vice versa, if you look carefully enough and book for the right time, you can find return flights between Australia and Europe for under 1,000 Euros. But even then, that would make it an expensive meetup...

P.S. Thank you for thinking of me.

Autopsibiofeeder
2010-07-21, 07:59 AM
I'd be interested to come over to another meetup if you don't mind having an English speaker around. ^^

I just checked and there's no flights from Zurich to Antwerp airport, and it seems the flights from Antwerp only go to London or Manchester. :/ So I'd have to fly into Brussels and then take the train (~40 minutes says internet).

It could be feasible, if I booked in the next few days before the prices go up. Also I'd need accommodation (either fri -> sun or sat -> sun depending on when I fly) unless I book a hotel with the flight.

Of course, I'd bring swiss chocolates with me to sweeten the deal :)

All in all, it depends on people being able to set down and date and stay fixed on it quickly (eg. Sept 11-12, or something).

I have been doing the Swiss-Netherlands back and forth a lot (and will be) and just wanted to point out to you that the cheapest option may be flying/training to and from Basel. I planned a trip to Switzerland 1st of october for 50 euro (night train ticket Utrecht-Basel with bed and all, 30 euro for a chair instead of bed) and back on the 4th for 32 euro (flight Basel-Amsterdam).

With the train fares in Switzerland it may end up not-so cheap for you (don't know where you live), but anyway, I figured I'd point you to this.

Tiger Duck
2010-07-21, 08:00 AM
The date's fine by me
But we better ask Edward if his place is still available

If by ask you mean wait here till he noticeses your question, then yes :smallwink:

Oh wow. I certainly didn't expect that. Maybe a little sympathy was all I was hoping for, but you've gone so far that you've even investigated flights! :smalleek:

Yes, the cost of flights is the main prohibitive factor preventing me from attending one of these meet ups, as you can see from your research it is not entirely inexpensive. For anyone thinking of visiting Australia or vice versa, if you look carefully enough and book for the right time, you can find return flights between Australia and Europe for under 1,000 Euros. But even then, that would make it an expensive meetup...

You seem to underestimate your own awesomeness :smallamused:

Eadin
2010-07-21, 08:01 AM

We could still do skype, right ?:smallbiggrin:

If by ask you mean wait here till he noticeses your question, then yes :smallwink:

No, I'll e-mail him...sometime today *lazy*

Rawhide
2010-07-21, 06:38 PM
Skype is still a possibility, but I don't have it or a webcam installed. There's also the issue of timezones... :smallsigh:

Certainly not a total impossibility, just has a few difficulties.

Eadin
2010-07-21, 06:51 PM
Ah well, we are honored that the Great Rawhide showed interest in our meet-up :smallbiggrin:

Deth Muncher
2010-07-21, 08:11 PM
Well, while not as punny or awesome as Rawhide, I could probably attend via Skype. My webcam leaves something to be desired though. :/

Dallas-Dakota
2010-07-22, 12:16 AM
Skype is still a possibility, but I don't have it or a webcam installed. There's also the issue of timezones... :smallsigh:

Certainly not a total impossibility, just has a few difficulties.

Well Skype is free an easy to download, I'd link it but the site keeps turning up in dutch for me. :S
Though webcam isntalled might be a issue, yeah.:smallfrown:

Timezones...Just means we'l have to do it at the start of the meet-up!:smalltongue:

Form
2010-07-22, 05:10 AM

I'm also interested in coming to the meetup. The date sounds fine to me as long as it's a weekend and I can definitely make it to Antwerp without trouble.

I'll need a place to crash if I am to stay for the next morning as well though.

And speaking English at the meetup is fine by me if some of our playground friends who do not speak Dutch come along.

Tiger Duck
2010-07-22, 05:21 AM
It is indeed a weekend ^^

Skeppio
2010-07-22, 05:33 AM

Feel your pain man. I live in...of all bloody places...Mebourne, Australia.

The last post in Australasia In The Playground was in March :(

Rawhide
2010-07-22, 06:13 AM
Feel your pain man. I live in, of all bloody places, Australia.

The last post in Australasia In The Playground was in March :(

*cough*cough*

smellie_hippie
2010-07-22, 06:23 AM
That wasn't our fault, though. I'll blame the Troglanders.
or more likely the pub we were at for having a crap wi-fi connection in the function room.
:smallbiggrin:

*ahem*

I like the second option there.:smallamused: Or maybe Archie's knife was having some sort of interference...

We can try something again sometime soon. I did actually get to see most of you, and heard a few of you speak a few times, but once it lagged up the connection dropped pretty quickly. :smallfrown:

YPU
2010-07-22, 02:38 PM
I guess A Skypeland-ITP meetup could be fun times, it should last 24 hours tough so that everybody can drop by at some time.

Eadin
2010-07-23, 04:01 PM
So yeah
I talked to MrEdwardNigma
He said his place will probably not be available
So
other options?
I have a dorm room in antwerp, but it's hardly big enough...

YPU
2010-07-23, 04:58 PM
My house again is possible I suppose (would need to check). Reachability is mediocre, half an hour of bus driving away from two large train stations. (denbosh en eindhoven) Tough I might convince my girlfriend to do a pick-up run should it be needed.

Tiger Duck
2010-07-24, 01:53 AM
That is bad news indeed :smallfrown:

Well my (parents) place is big enough, but to far away from the Netherlands.

Iferus
2010-07-24, 11:48 AM
Also with both you, Edward and me going to Castlefest, we could have a mini-meet there? I'l probably be hanging out with people mainly, but I'm sure I can find some time. A.K.A. Abandon them for a bit, unless they have mead. Whoever has the most mead will get me.:smalltongue:

I'll be at Castlefest too! I'm assisting at the Balfolk workshops.

Also, I'm interested in a meetup. However, Antwerp is a bit too far away for me. You're all welcome in Enschede though! :biggrin:

Dallas-Dakota
2010-07-24, 08:20 PM
Pics will be required then.:smalltongue: I know a lot of people by face at Castlfest, and some of the balfolk peoples too(by face, ofcourse.:smalltongue:)
(You don't expect me to talk to people, do you? :smalltongue:)

Tiger Duck
2010-07-25, 03:31 AM
So who else has got a place near the Dutch-Belgian border?

Dallas-Dakota
2010-07-25, 07:43 AM
Well my place is not closer, but more reachable then YPU's place I think.

1 hour by train from Antwerpen.

Eadin
2010-07-25, 09:01 AM
netherlands would be fine
But I don't think I'll be coming after all.
I mean, I might.
But yeah, it depends...

Tiger Duck
2010-07-25, 09:08 AM
Oh noos, that is bad news :smallfrown:

Eadin
2010-07-25, 12:00 PM
Sorry :smallfrown:
there's a small chance I'll come, and if I don't I could say hi by using skype or something.

Yardo
2010-07-25, 01:24 PM
Good to see that the Dutch Meetup is on again. I'm still interested on going, location is not realy a problem, but date may be, depending on my work schedule. I will just see what the date is going to be and then I can see if I can free up some time.

Zweanslord
2010-07-28, 01:58 AM
If it is in the weekend of 4-5 or 11-12 september, I can come. Already have plans for 18-19 & 25 september, though.

Eadin
2010-07-29, 05:14 AM
I'm gonna poke this, because the chances of me comming have increased...
A tiny bit
That is all

YPU
2010-07-29, 06:29 PM
It would of course depends on the date, but my house is a OK in general now.

Enough space for anybody to stay the night, to some supplies might be needed.

Eadin
2010-07-30, 06:25 AM
Woot! awesome news!
I'm probably coming!
My exams end the 8th of september , so I'd be fine for that weekend :smallbiggrin:

Tiger Duck
2010-07-30, 06:34 AM
That is awesome news indeed ^^:smallbiggrin:

So should I update the OP to reflect what has been decided?

YPU's place for the weekend of 11-12 september

Eadin
2010-07-30, 07:01 AM
I think that's a good idea.
The date is perfect.
DD has offered his place too. Both are fine, I need to take the train anyway
Unless Edward is in a good enough mood to take me along in his car (very unlikely)
anyone else taking the train ?

YPU
2010-07-30, 07:03 AM
DD's place is a lot more reachable, so if that is possible it might be the better option, my house requires a pretty decent bus ride from the closest train stations.

Eadin
2010-07-30, 07:10 AM
The bus ride would add to the costs, and I'm not a very rich person anyway.So I guess DD's place is better

Tiger Duck
2010-07-30, 07:24 AM
The date is perfect.
Unless Edward is in a good enough mood to take me along in his car (very unlikely)

I would, unless mister Edward feels like playing taxi. I'll still have an subscription? to Antwerp central till the 15th ^^

Then DD's place does sound like the slightly better option.

Eadin
2010-07-30, 07:30 AM
I would, unless mister Edward feels like playing taxi. I'll still have an subscription? to Antwerp central till the 15th ^^

Then DD's place does sound like the slightly better option.

Let's annoy him untill he says yes.Or bribe him...

Ashtar
2010-07-30, 07:47 AM
Well as long as you nail down the location soon, I'll be able to come over.

Also if someone needs a small contribution to make it to the meetup (20-40€), I'm willing to help.

Tiger Duck
2010-07-30, 07:59 AM
Now were just waiting for mister Dallas to confirm his place is available and then we are set. :smallbiggrin:

Dallas-Dakota
2010-07-30, 12:34 PM
*confirms* :smallbiggrin:

Last time, everybody came by train.

Will post more later, have to go now.

Parents may or may not be out for the saturday/weekend.

Tiger Duck
2010-07-30, 01:25 PM
That's great :smallbiggrin:

Now I the OP is edited

So what should everyone bring?
And what can get brought?

I can bring the boardgames of Catan with all expansions (except the last because that one isn't available in 5-6 players yet.)

And 2 delicious cakes :smallsmile:

Eadin
2010-07-30, 02:39 PM
I'll bring yummy stuff... Don't know what
And myself :smallbiggrin:

Form
2010-07-30, 03:15 PM
I'll be there and I'll be taking a train to Antwerp. Once there I'll take a bus or walk if the distance isn't too large and if no one's playing taxi.

And I'll bring.... well, I don't really know. Got a couple of old and crappy MtG decks if anyone plays that. Feel free to make a suggestion. I could also bring some candy. Some of it will probably survive the journey. :smalltongue:

Tiger Duck
2010-07-30, 03:18 PM
Have you noticed that the place is not Antwerp, but DD's place?

(which is where exactly?)

Form
2010-07-30, 03:23 PM
Have you noticed that the place is not Antwerp, but DD's place?

(which is where exactly?)

Whoops, guess I wasn't paying enough attention. :smalltongue:

Though I'll probably still end up taking a train to Antwerp and then hop onto a train towards DD's place once there. Assuming there is a trainstation at DD's place.

Tiger Duck
2010-07-30, 03:28 PM
Looking trough the old treads I've learned that DD's place is near station Dordrecht Stadspolders

Eadin
2010-07-30, 03:29 PM
Oh I know that one.
So, who will be my train buddies?

Form
2010-07-30, 03:33 PM
Looking trough the old treads I've learned that DD's place is near station Dordrecht Stadspolders

Heh, that's quite a lot closer. Makes it even easier. Looks like there's no need for me to go in the general direction of Antwerp after all.

Anyway, I'll definitely be coming by train.

Tiger Duck
2010-07-30, 03:36 PM
Oh I know that one.
So, who will be my train buddies?

I will. ... So I'll get an extra 2 hours, 1 each way, to socialise with you ...

Awesome ^^

Eadin
2010-07-30, 03:53 PM
I will. ... So I'll get an extra 2 hours, 1 each way, to socialise with you ...

Awesome ^^

yay !
I'll make an extra batch of cookies
I'll call them "train-cookies":smallsmile:

Dallas-Dakota
2010-07-30, 05:38 PM
Ofcourse entrance payment must be made in cash, cookies or organs.

YPU
2010-07-30, 05:39 PM
Ofcourse entrance payment must be made in cash, cookies or organs.

Do they have to our own?

Dallas-Dakota
2010-07-30, 05:49 PM
Just as long as they appear vaguely humanoid and/or edible.:smallamused:

Eadin
2010-07-31, 08:29 AM
what about in prettyness ?:smallwink:
don't worry, I'm bringing cookies

Dallas-Dakota
2010-08-01, 03:48 PM
Well both would be better.:smalltongue:

For food, does anybody have any special diets, stuff that I need to be aware of?
To the people staying the night(Which will be most/all of you, since this will be 2 days, anybody mind sleeping on a matress/couch? I don't have any spare beds, sorry.

Games: I have basic Catan, with seafarers I think. Also basic munchkin.
Herman would prolly be up for this, but he hasn't been on much or responding to me on msn.

Tiger Duck
2010-08-02, 03:33 AM
Like I said earlier in the tread, I have :
Basic Catan
Catan 5-6 players
Seafarers
Seafarers 5-6 players
Cities and Knights
Cities and Knights 5-6 players

Which is all neatly stuffed into the 2 first boxes, I'll bring it if you promise to keep your boxes tucked away ^^

JoseB
2010-08-02, 04:02 AM
Oh!

Consider me interested in attending the meetup. I am Spanish, but I have been living in NL for the last 11 years.

I would appreciate concrete information about the place where Dallas-Dakota lives :) I think I remember it was Dordrecht, but more than that I don't know.

Allerbeste,

José Beltrán-Escavy

Tiger Duck
2010-08-02, 04:33 AM
The best I can do is telling you it's near the train station "Dordrecht Stadspolderson" you'll have to pm him for more accurate information ^^

Ashtar
2010-08-02, 05:05 AM
Doesn't really help us, what's the closest city to aim for with a long distance connection (international station / airport) ?

Eadin
2010-08-02, 05:11 AM
uhm
Amsterdam?
or are there other airports in the netherlands ?
Brussels is way too far

YPU
2010-08-02, 06:09 AM
Eindhoven has a decent airport.

Maelstrom
2010-08-02, 05:55 PM
The date is perfect.

I'm still interested in coming. I'll be taking the train out of Dijon via Paris via Brussels if I am able to put it together...

Dallas-Dakota
2010-08-03, 12:40 AM
The closest is Schiphol, but that would probably end up being more expensive.
Eindhoven is your best guess for international flights.

I'l post more later, off to work now.

Form
2010-08-03, 04:17 AM
From what time on are we expected? I'd hate to arrive an hour or more too early.

CurlyKitGirl
2010-08-04, 05:04 PM
>.>
<.<
Um, hai.

Thanks to an off-the-cuff remark in FB by the illustrious DD I am now contemplating this meetup.
It'll be expensive, and I may not be able to come depending on if I get a iob or not, or other things; but I'm contemplating it.
I'd need help getting from (presumably) Londinium to [wherever in the Netherlands it is that DD used to get here. And from there to DDs.
But I'm actually contemplating this.

Put me down under Very Potentially Possibly Coming (Definitely Thinking About It)

Eadin
2010-08-04, 05:06 PM
>.>
<.<
Um, hai.

Thanks to an off-the-cuff remark in FB by the illustrious DD I am now contemplating this meetup.
It'll be expensive, and I may not be able to come depending on if I get a iob or not, or other things; but I'm contemplating it.
I'd need help getting from (presumably) Londinium to [wherever in the Netherlands it is that DD used to get here. And from there to DDs.

Put me down under Very Potentially Possibly Coming (Definitely Thinking About It)

Huzzah !
That would be awesome

Thufir
2010-08-04, 05:16 PM
Well, I started vaguely considering it around the time of the conversation about the difficulties of hypothetically getting Rawhide to come. But I was nervous about being the only english person there. But in the event Curly can come, I may as well.

Eadin
2010-08-04, 05:21 PM
Another Huzzah!:smallbiggrin:

CurlyKitGirl
2010-08-04, 05:45 PM
A second class return from Londinium to Brussels/Bruges or Antwerp is £69.
From there DD suggests getting either a train from Brussels to Amsterdam (I think?) and getting off at Dordrecht
OR
getting off Eurostar at Antwerpen and meetup some of you Dutch to sort things out from there.

If I come I will be requiring accomodation, preferably someone's floor as I know exactly no words of Dutch.

Wait . . . ~£70 + ~£60 = £130. Cheaper than Londinium. But that's not including other train fares, food or stuff.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-08-04, 06:35 PM
Sorry for the confusion. Wat I ment to advice was:

Take Eurostar trian from London St. Pancras to Brussels. From Brussels to Dordrecht.(The fact that I mentioned is just the fact that it's called the international train to Amsterdam, me thinks)

Eurostar only goes to Brussels and then stops.(In fact, it just goes London St. Pancras(England) - Lilles(France) - Brussels(Belgium)

Staying the night: There is matresses and non-sleeping couches available at my place.

On not speaking Dutch: We will be speaking english at the meet-up. Pretty much all dutch people know atleast basic english.

Tiger Duck
2010-08-05, 12:32 AM
>.>
<.<
Um, hai.

Well, I started vaguely considering it around the time of the conversation about the difficulties of hypothetically getting Rawhide to come. But I was nervous about being the only english person there. But in the event Curly can come, I may as well.

It would be very awesome if you guys could come.

And I will have to change trains in Brussels anyway, So I would love to be your guide from there ^^

We'll only have to stick our heads out at Antwerp so Eadin can find us.

YPU
2010-08-05, 06:14 AM
*travel stuff*
Curly you might want to check Ryan air flights to Eindhoven, they sometimes fly for 6 pounds tax included.

btw, DD if things go the way their looking, you sure you have enough room, no idea how big your place is but it would be stupid if we need to overcrowd the place.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-08-05, 06:40 AM
Kitchen = 5 seats with a table.
Living room = 6 seats(With room for more) + 1 small table.
Adjoining room = 6 seats with a table.

I'l have to look into how many sleeping places we've though.

Or I don't how much y'all are up for it, but we could pull a all nighter for the meet-up.

But uhm, considering the amount of people coming. I'd defintely people chipping in for food.

Form
2010-08-05, 07:12 AM
Or I don't how much y'all are up for it, but we could pull a all nighter for the meet-up.

I did that once and apparently ended up sleep walking when I went to bed afterwards. :smallfrown:

But uhm, considering the amount of people coming. I'd defintely people chipping in for food.

No problem. I'll be sure to bring both food and money for compensation.

Also, could you send those of us who are coming PM's with directions from the train station in Dordrecht? And from what time on are we expected? Wouldn't want to arrive too early now.

InaVegt
2010-08-06, 07:23 AM
I'll come, and sure, I'll chip in for food.

Tiger Duck
2010-08-15, 03:00 PM
Added your name to the OP ^^

And chipping in for food seems reasonable enough :smallsmile:

Why yes, this is mostly just to bump this tread a bit :smallwink:

Eadin
2010-08-15, 03:14 PM
I'll chip in for food too
will bring some yummies too
Also, because he's too lazy to post himself, MrEdwardNigma will probably join us too. Just so you know

Dallas-Dakota
2010-08-15, 04:47 PM
Naw, I was gonna post for him, since he said he'd prolly come to the meet-up, on msn.

Eadin
2010-08-15, 05:43 PM
yeah same here
lazy bastard

Dallas-Dakota
2010-08-15, 06:11 PM
We gotta stand toghetter, us lazy bastards.:smalltongue:

Eadin
2010-08-18, 11:48 AM
*bumpity bump*
So DD, what are you going to feed us ?
and is it possible to stay the night?

Dallas-Dakota
2010-08-18, 12:56 PM
Well I was thinking of stuff like:French Fries(for easy'ness in mass o'course), pancakes(Delicious, but for many people, take quite some effort to bake) and pizza.

I haven't received any special requests for foods or anything, so I'm just going with easy, tasty and non-objectionable. Also not that unhealthy.

sleeping arrangements, pay attention if you want to stay the night(somebody should really make a list*coughOPcoughI'mlazyCough*)

We have 4 sleeping places upstairs and 2 downstairs.
3 are matresses and 3 are couches.
We have plenty of space for sleeping places, so feel free to bring a matress/mat/whatever and crash.

I, if there are enough interested, intend to pull a all-nighter.

My brother will come home at around 5-ish(in the morning) and is interested in perhaps doing a game of D&D.(He can DM if needed)
Ofcourse I don't know if you're all alive by then to play D&D

A request to people who might be coming who might have them: Bring Flux and/or Barfight, two great games!

Eadin
2010-08-18, 01:02 PM
sounds awesome
I'll bring a cake so we'll have dessert :smallbiggrin:
I wouldn't mind pulling an all-nighter either and I'll bring my matress if needed.

Tiger Duck
2010-08-18, 01:21 PM
I would like to claim one of those 6 places. so I don"t have to drag a matress all the way there ^^

I'll bring a pillow and a blanked if needed.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-08-18, 01:28 PM
Also, Ashtar and possible Britlanders have pre-dibs on sleeping places.

But I think it's not too much to ask if they can say yes or no of attendence a bit in advance of the meet-up?:smallsmile:

Eadin
2010-08-18, 01:38 PM
Also, I wouldn't mind helping with the cooking and stuff.

InaVegt
2010-08-18, 01:39 PM
I voult like to claim a bed.

Tiger Duck
2010-08-18, 01:44 PM
Also, I wouldn't mind helping with the cooking and stuff.

I too am fairly proficient in following instructions in the kitchen, and wouldn't mind pitching in. :smallsmile:

Zweanslord
2010-08-19, 01:54 PM
I would like a sleeping place not next to the all-nighter people as I will definitely not be pulling an all-nighter. Not only have I never done it before and I do not intend to start now, I do have to work on the monday after.

Beyond that, I can bring Monthy Python Fluxx!

InaVegt
2010-08-19, 02:37 PM
I'll bring munchkin cthulhu + expansions.

Lillith
2010-08-22, 09:39 PM
Hey everyone. (Not officially back yet but I thought I'd check in) I'm not sure if I can make it that particular weekend sadly. My grandma has her birthday that Saturday and I might have to work that Sunday. Emphasis on might, I don't know until I get home. So keep me on standby till I know more, which should be this Friday when I get back to Dutch grounds again!

Eadin
2010-08-26, 01:19 PM
^*crosses fingers*

Ashtar
2010-08-27, 03:47 AM
I'm in a little bit of a bind, my finances have been severely depleted by unplanned events, so I'm unsure if I can make it. :frown:

I'll have to wait until the last minute to see if I can make it. But I'd say put me as "Not coming" for the moment. :smallfurious:

This sucks... :smallsigh:

Eadin
2010-08-27, 04:16 AM
awwww:smallfrown:
hope you can come after all *crosses more fingers*

Tiger Duck
2010-08-27, 07:58 AM
I'm in a little bit of a bind, my finances have been severely depleted by unplanned events, so I'm unsure if I can make it. :frown:

I'll have to wait until the last minute to see if I can make it. But I'd say put me as "Not coming" for the moment. :smallfurious:

This sucks... :smallsigh:

Very well

I do hope to see you there, but it's understandable if you can't

Lillith
2010-08-30, 02:23 AM
*sigh* Sorry guys. I'm not going to make it. But if there's one next year, I definitely will! Just plain old wrong weekend for me. ><

Eadin
2010-08-30, 05:32 AM
awwwwwwwww:smallfrown:

Tiger Duck
2010-08-30, 08:48 AM
Awwww indeed.

Also there is a chance that I too won't be making it. not because I can't but because I might not feel up to it.

I get the results of my redo project on the 10th. And if it isn't a pass I might not feel up to socialize a lot that weekend.

(it is most likely a pass though, but it might not be:smallfrown:)

Eadin
2010-08-30, 10:19 AM
awwwwwwwwwww...
but you have to :smallfrown:
we'll cheer you up if you didn't pass!

Tiger Duck
2010-09-01, 08:06 AM
Yeah I doubt I it will be possible to cheer me up if I've failed. I'll most likely just stay in bed for a week if that would be the case. But I sincerely hope it's not.

So when will you(Eadin) take the train in A'pen central station? So we can meet up there to travel the rest of the way together.:smallsmile:

Eadin
2010-09-01, 08:42 AM
Oh I forgot to mention! I'm gonna go by car.
Saves me a lot of money...

Form
2010-09-01, 09:25 AM
I get the results of my redo project on the 10th. And if it isn't a pass I might not feel up to socialize a lot that weekend.

Well, then you'd better make sure you pass! Then you can us all about it during the meet-up. :smallsmile:

Tiger Duck
2010-09-01, 09:30 AM
Oh I forgot to mention! I'm gonna go by car.
Saves me a lot of money...

Any places left in that car?

Well, then you'd better make sure you pass! Then you can us all about it during the meet-up. :smallsmile:

I've already presented it, so I can't change anything about it now :smalltongue:

Eadin
2010-09-06, 06:30 PM
so
what time are we expected ?
and are the Curly and Thufir also coming ?

InaVegt
2010-09-07, 08:05 AM
so
what time are we expected ?
and are the Curly and Thufir also coming ?

Unless mr. Dallas-Dakota sez differently, I will be appearing in stadspolders somewhere around 2pm, which sounds like a reasonable time to me.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-09-07, 04:04 PM
1 PM sounds good to me. I thought I said 12-2 and leave the details to you, so you guys can coordinate traintravels to travel toghetter and stuffs?

There will be: Pancakes, french fries and pizza.

ON PIZZA: How many of you want (how much?)pizza? So I know how much to have in stock?:smallsmile:

If there is anybody from EINDHOVEN: Did anybody try to call me round 16:30? To be gone when I called back a hour later? With children in the house?
I'l be happy to answer any questions, but please, not during workhours since I'm pretty busy and being called during a meeting(Which I happend to be in) is not nice. ><

I'l be contacting peoples tomorrow evening to confirm details, give my phone number in case of stuff happening, things like that.

Eadin
2010-09-08, 04:59 AM
One pizza will probably be enough for me, also I'm not a vegetarian (always good to know)
Plan was to be there around noon-ish

Rawhide
2010-09-08, 05:11 AM
You could try to order a meat pie pizza (http://www.chocolatesuze.com/2007/05/11/dominos-meat-pie-pizza).

Form
2010-09-09, 10:11 AM
I'd love some pizza. One will be sufficient for me.

Also, I'll be bringing some delicious Indonesian layer cake/spekkoek for consumption at the meet-up. :smallbiggrin:

Eadin
2010-09-09, 12:04 PM
@^ om nom nom
sounds delicious :smallbiggrin:

Form
2010-09-09, 12:16 PM
@^ om nom nom
sounds delicious :smallbiggrin:

It is very sweet. Those of you with a sweet tooth should love the stuff. ^^

Tiger Duck
2010-09-09, 12:44 PM
So should I bring cake as well? and what about the settlers of Catan board game? I've got the most expansions.

And could I get a ride with you Eadin and mr Edward? ? because I too would rather not spend unnecessary funds

Zweanslord
2010-09-09, 02:29 PM
I should arrive at Dordrecht Stadspolders a bit after 2, because I am sneaking a driving lesson in before heading off, heh. So that maybe I will be able to come with the car next time!

By the way, I like french fries, yay!

Dallas-Dakota
2010-09-09, 02:58 PM
I will be sending y'all PM's.

On food: It will be pizza and french fries on saturday and pancakes sunday.

Captain: Moar food is always good, but more specifically, cake is delicious. :P

PLEASE, please, try to time your trains people! I'd really LOVE IT if you could all arrive in 2 trains or something(Like the one at 12 and the one at 2)
Because of picking up and stuff.
I will torture you with a walk through the sun. Mwuhahahahahaha.

Captain Happy: I only have the basic catan, so that would be quite cool. I'm sure we'l find room for it somewhere.

Since I've heard nothing from Herman in quiiiiite some time, and have harassed him more then I probably should've >.> he prolly won't be coming, nor will his wide collection of games.

So feel free to bring (simple) fun games! Preferably ones that don't take hours.

We also have 3/4 sleeping bags available, so THOSE CAN BE DIBBED.

Edit: Mr. Happeh, it's Station Dordrecht Stadspolders.

No ''on'' after Stadspolders :smallwink:

InaVegt
2010-09-09, 04:14 PM
I voult like to claim a bed.
This is still true.

I'll bring munchkin cthulhu + expansions.
This... probably isn't.

Form
2010-09-10, 05:12 AM
I'll be arriving at the train station at 13:41. If we are to be collected at the trainstation I take it Dallas-Dakota will be wielding a sign with 'Playground meet-up' or something so we can identify him? We don't want to end wandering around without knowing who to look for after all.

Also, I'll be pulling an all-nighter after all if some other folks are up for it as well. A left over chair or couch to rest up in for a few moments will be all I need in that case.

As for games, I can only bring 2-3 (kind of crappy) Magic: the gathering decks.

Rawhide
2010-09-10, 05:25 AM
We don't want to end wandering around without knowing who to look for after all.

Print off one of his photos?

Tiger Duck
2010-09-10, 07:51 AM
So yeah, I failed, I got an 8 instaid of the 12 I was expecting.

I won't be attending.

Eadin
2010-09-10, 08:17 AM
awwwwwwwwww
:smallfrown:
*hopes you'll change your mind*

Tiger Duck
2010-09-10, 01:49 PM
I'm sorry I won't. We'll have to talk over my results and what I could do in the future.

I think I'm going to the depression tread for a while.

Sorry that I won't be making it this time.:smallfrown:

InaVegt
2010-09-10, 04:44 PM
I'll be arriving at the train station at 13:41. If we are to be collected at the trainstation I take it Dallas-Dakota will be wielding a sign with 'Playground meet-up' or something so we can identify him? We don't want to end wandering around without knowing who to look for after all.

Also, I'll be pulling an all-nighter after all if some other folks are up for it as well. A left over chair or couch to rest up in for a few moments will be all I need in that case.

As for games, I can only bring 2-3 (kind of crappy) Magic: the gathering decks.

I know what D-D looks like, having been to his place before AND having met him twice before.

Eadin
2010-09-10, 05:36 PM
I'm sorry I won't. We'll have to talk over my results and what I could do in the future.

I think I'm going to the depression tread for a while.

Sorry that I won't be making it this time.:smallfrown:

*dozens of hugs*:smallfrown:

Zweanslord
2010-09-11, 03:23 AM
I would like a sleeping place not next to the all-nighter people as I will definitely not be pulling an all-nighter. Not only have I never done it before and I do not intend to start now, I do have to work on the monday after.

Beyond that, I can bring Monthy Python Fluxx!

Still applies as well. Sooo... dibs on sleeping bag! Also, since Form is bringing Magic the Gathering decks, so will I. Also bringing Rattus.

Also, Captain Happy, sorry to hear that. Good luck, in any case. Hope things go better.

InaVegt
2010-09-11, 03:30 AM
I'm on my way!

I expect to arrive at Stadspolders around 12:20

Zweanslord
2010-09-11, 03:55 AM
I'm off too, but first driving lesson (one hour). I expect to be at Stadspolders at 14:11.. sorry about not aligning with the others.

Form
2010-09-11, 04:03 AM
I know what D-D looks like, having been to his place before AND having met him twice before.

Yes, but I don't!

Anyway, meeting up at the station probably won't be a problem. D-D has my mobile phone number, so he can always just give me a call if we can't find each other.

Thufir
2010-09-11, 04:11 AM
He looks like this:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs079.snc4/35331_639890374638_223710228_10105626_1529516_n.jp g

Oh, and, uh. Yeah. I'm not coming. I was only really maybe to start with, and this kind of crept up on me, don't have a job yet, other things going on, etc, etc.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-09-11, 04:47 PM
Eadin and DD: We're having fun!

DD: Having fun with the viagra, Zweanslord?
Anyway, I'm off to get more brain bleach because of the eldritch abomination drawing.

Ina: The drawing made by the 5 year old kid in a wheelchair

DD: *coughIna'sDrawingcough*

Eadin
2010-09-12, 01:17 PM
pictures!
http://i51.tinypic.com/24edd3r.jpg
http://i53.tinypic.com/aea0pk.jpghttp://i52.tinypic.com/op5jt.jpg

Dallas-Dakota
2010-09-12, 02:23 PM
Last Picture:

Evil Edward Vs. Dallas ''Wild Cousin It'' Dakota

Eadin
2010-09-12, 04:48 PM
haha, red eyes :p
I only have 3 decent pics...
EDIT :
http://i53.tinypic.com/6zvbdk.jpg:smalleek:

Form
2010-09-13, 04:02 AM
Eadin and DD: We're having fun!

DD: Having fun with the viagra, Zweanslord?
Anyway, I'm off to get more brain bleach because of the eldritch abomination drawing.

Ina: The drawing made by the 5 year old kid in a wheelchair

DD: *coughIna'sDrawingcough*

I think we can all thank the butler for that drawing. :smallamused:

Lillith
2010-09-13, 05:31 AM
*sigh* I'm bummed I missed it.:smallfrown: Totally gonna be there next year!

Ashtar
2010-09-13, 05:40 AM
Hey! Congrats for the meeting. Sorry I missed it :smallfrown:. Hope you had good fun!

Eadin
2010-09-13, 06:00 AM
*sigh* I'm bummed I missed it.:smallfrown: Totally gonna be there next year!

You better!