PDA

View Full Version : Poisoned weapons (3.5 D&D)

Sarquion
2010-07-17, 03:06 PM
How many times can a poisoned weapon apply the poison before it has worn off? neither me or the DM can find it in the books we have. A simple link and page refference would be really helpfull if not you could always just type what you did (or the actual rules). The main poison i was thinking of is that off a viper but that shouldn't make a difference right?

rockdeworld
2010-07-17, 03:14 PM
This should be what you're looking for, under "Special Abilities"->"Poison" in the d20srd.

One dose of poison smeared on a weapon or some other object affects just a single target. A poisoned weapon or object retains its venom until the weapon scores a hit or the object is touched (unless the poison is wiped off before a target comes in contact with it). Any poison smeared on an object or exposed to the elements in any way remains potent until it is touched or used.

Sarquion
2010-07-17, 03:18 PM
ok thanks mate i'll look it up. The once only was what i feared to be true but i guess it does make sense

senrath
2010-07-17, 03:28 PM
There's at least one weapon enhancement that makes a single dose of poison affect two targets. I can't remember what it's called, though.

Greenish
2010-07-17, 03:37 PM
There's at least one weapon enhancement that makes a single dose of poison affect two targets. I can't remember what it's called, though.Toxic, from Drow of the Underdark. Akalsaris has an excellent handbook on poisons (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=4854.0).